L'Oreal Internationall'oreal colorista one day colour

A Nov 05, 2019 Review updated:

I purchased a bottle of L'Oreal Colorista 1 day colour, mint green, on Friday Nov. 1st at Shoppers Drug Mart, White Rock, BC. I chose this particular colour as it was suitable for blonde hair.

I dyed my hair for a Halloween party on Saturday Nov. 2nd, and instantly my hair felt crusty and extremely dry. The color stained everything, and it wasn't the pastel mint green, more like a bright shamrock green. I ended up washing it away as my hair felt horrible. After the first wash, I still had some colour. I let it be for the evening for my party, and in the night I washed my hair 3 times and in the next morning a couple of times again. Still light green. The same night I washed it again and let it air dry. I noticed that my hair was damaged, especially in front the endings had had breakage and my hair was shorter and frizzly.

Now it's Tuesday Nov. 5th and my hair still has a light green hue. I need to go to a hairdresser to fix my hair and even out the endings.

Needless to say I'm very disappointed, shocked and all of this becomes expensive as well. For a 1 day it shouldn't be a disaster like that. My hair was in a good condition before this, and I haven't dyed it at home before so I thought this would be a relatively safe and easy option to change my look for one day.

I'm hoping for a response and would like to know how L'Oreal takes responsibility on this.

• Mi
    Mike Evst. Nov 05, 2019

Why don't you take responsibility. You apparently have previously used bleach on your hair and I am pretty sure the directions advise you not to use green dye on bleached hair. You can avoid damage from washing your hair by using a good deep conditioner.