Menu

complaints

Local Splash Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
13 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Local Splash at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Local Splash has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Local Splash. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Local Splash complaints 13

Sort by:

Newest Local Splash complaints

C
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Local Splash When we signed up for the service, we were promised that our business would appear at the top of search results right from the start

When we signed up for the service, we were promised that our business would appear at the top of search results right from the start. However, this did not happen as we were told. Additionally, we were informed that we would receive a web page, but it was only created after we mentioned it. When we searched for our business, we did not appear as expected, especially in the location we were told.

X
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Local Splash Local Splash listed my business on several sites, but they listed their phone number instead of mine

Local Splash listed my business on several sites, but they listed their phone number instead of mine. After spending $600 and receiving absolutely no leads, I decided to cancel their service. Unfortunately, they have not removed their phone number from my listings on platforms like Yelp. This is causing my company to lose potential business, and it feels like they are taking advantage of us.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Local Splash I keep getting lots of calls from this company, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day

I keep getting lots of calls from this company, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. I've told them more than once to stop bothering me. I've been trying to call them in the past few days to make them stop, but I keep getting a message saying they're not available. I really want them to stop contacting me.

Is Local Splash legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Local Splash as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Local Splash stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Local Splash should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Local Splash earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Local Splash achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Local Splash. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and email, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Local Splash has received 2 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Localsplash.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Local Splash website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Localsplash.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up Local Splash and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Local Splash has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 13 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Local Splash protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Local Splash. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
F
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Local Splash They told me they would make a website for me- never even asked any questions about how they make the website and what I want

They told me they would make a website for me- never even asked any questions about how they make the website and what I want. You can't reach anyone in the company, the phone just rings forever and says press 1 to get a call back. It doesn't work. No one calls you back and I'm out $300 for a service they never did anything for. Scam. Scam. Scam. Be careful. Small businesses don't deserve this.

Local Splash I gave this company $2600 to handle my advertising

I gave this company $2600 to handle my advertising. Before they took over, I was getting around 2 to 4 calls per day and my website was ranking in the top 5 on Google searches. However, once this company took control, everything went downhill. They completely messed up my advertising, emails, and website. Despite making numerous calls to them, nothing was ever fixed and I never received a refund. As a result, I lost the ability to conduct business and I am now forced to close down. I strongly advise against using this company.

Q
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Local Splash I tried to cancel my account after 2 weeks of no response from Local Splash about the specific requested procedure on our ads and direct call

I tried to cancel my account after 2 weeks of no response from Local Splash about the specific requested procedure on our ads and direct call number, not a call forwarding. They disregarded it after saying they would take care of us. The process to cancel with this company is about 20 hours of phone time and I am still where I started. I am planning on reporting them to my bank as fraud. At this point, I don't know what else to do but fly out there. Truly, the worst customer experience I have had in my life.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Local Splash I got a call from this company more than a year ago, and they've been calling me multiple times every month

I got a call from this company more than a year ago, and they've been calling me multiple times every month. Every time they call, I tell them not to call again, but they keep bothering my business for advertising. They always use a fake phone number with the same area code as mine. I'm really tired of this, and I would like to take legal action against them because they are complete frauds who only want money without providing any benefits to the customer. It's the biggest scam out there right now.

E
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Local Splash I paid 400$ 2 weeks ago for start up services and *** optimization until next month

I paid 400$ 2 weeks ago for start up services and *** optimization until next month. I'm not happy with my services and I complained. They delayed my first monthly payment for 6 weeks to make me stay. I decided to cancel after 2 weeks, losing the 400$ I spent. They won't cancel my month to month agreement without an early termination fee. They're basically forcing me to pay or they'll keep charging me. It's a total scam and if they don't cancel, I'll take legal action.

S
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Local Splash They called me and told me that I would get optimization in the searches and told me that for 250 I would get an optimized webpage and I would

They called me and told me that I would get optimization in the searches and told me that for 250 I would get an optimized webpage and I would get a lot of calls and my phone would be ringing. Instead, it seems the phone line that the page was attached to got many fake calls and leads. They call their own numbers to make it seem like you're getting calls. They always ask for payment when my bill is due. They tried collecting 500 more dollars when they did no work that I told them to do so my website could be optimized. The website they gave me was very generic and I asked them to give me a better website, which they ignored. This was a total rip off of my money. They generate fake calls.

V

Local Splash I paid Local Splash to do advertising for my biz

I paid Local Splash to do advertising for my biz. They took my card number and charged me $599.00 on 11/3/22 at 1:32pm (*** time). They said someone would call me the next morning, 11/4/22. When the lady called at 7:30am (*** time), I told her I didn't wanna go ahead with their services. She said they'd get back to me soon, but it's 1:30pm (*** time) now and still no contact or refund. They took my money in 5 mins, but it's been over half a day and no refund. I didn't get or use any services from them. I tried calling to check on the refund, but couldn't reach anyone. I hope this message helps someone and gets resolved.

N

Local Splash I signed up for advertising with Local Splash

I signed up for advertising with Local Splash. They said they would have everything up and running within 2 months. It cost $300.00 per month. I was told I would be getting a verification code in the mail within 7 to 10 days from *** and once I got that verification code it would be up and running. They called me 3 months ago and asked if I received the code from *** in the mail. I said I have not. They said they would contact *** and get them to send another code. Which I didnt get. They called me the following week and asked for the code, which I replied. I never received it. They said I had to give them the code in order to move on and get up and running. This has been going on for 3 months now. Im not getting any verification code and they strung me out for over 3 months at $300 a month. Its cost me over $900 dollars to date and I havent received anything except empty promises. I asked for a refund and they said they dont do refunds.

G
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Local Splash So I went to search for extra space storage, which is a company that uses Local Splash, and there are apparently over 1000 different locations!

So I went to search for extra space storage, which is a company that uses Local Splash, and there are apparently over 1000 different locations! This just makes things more frustrating, and I feel like I'm getting the runaround at this point. Because of the many scams out there, you guys should reconsider your refund policy. It's not fair to us business owners. So it looks like I'm out $200, which could have been used for something better than this. I'm sorry, but I really just want to cancel. I shouldn't have jumped the gun and should have researched this. I feel like I was blindsided. Maybe that's my own fault, but I feel like I'm kind of getting the runaround here. I'm constantly being convinced to stay without any hard evidence to show that this could be a good thing. And the fact that I can't get a refund of my hard-earned money just because I'm not exactly happy is absolutely outrageous. I barely have used your services, and I still do.

B
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Local Splash I've been paying this company for SEO services for almost a whole year

I've been paying this company for SEO services for almost a whole year. They promised me a first page listing on 13 platforms and a top 5 spot on the maps section of *** within around 3 months. But it's been almost a year now, and my company doesn't show up at all for any of the keywords listed on my website. I asked them what they've been actively doing to get my website listed, but they couldn't answer my question. I also asked them what they do for any website, but they couldn't answer me. When I asked how a website gets to the first page of ***, they couldn't answer me either. So, I did some research and found out that backlinks are one of the main ways to get a listing on the first page. I did some more research and discovered that my competitors, who are listed on the first page, have HUNDREDS, ALMOST A THOUSAND BACKLINKS. Meanwhile, my website only has two. So, not only am I not showing up on ***, but they are practically doing NOTHING for SEO. After a whole year, I literally have no internet presence, and the company has no answers for me as to why. I asked to speak to the owners, but they refused to reach out to me.

Overview of Local Splash customer experience

Local Splash (localsplash.com) has been plagued with numerous consumer complaints, highlighting several significant issues. Customers have expressed dissatisfaction with the company's poor customer service, citing unresponsive and unhelpful representatives. Additionally, many have reported experiencing difficulties with Local Splash's services, including inaccurate business listings and ineffective online marketing campaigns. Numerous clients have also expressed frustration with the company's billing practices, alleging hidden fees and unauthorized charges. Furthermore, there have been complaints regarding the lack of transparency and communication from Local Splash, leaving customers feeling uninformed and neglected. These recurring negative experiences raise concerns about the reliability and trustworthiness of Local Splash as a digital marketing provider.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Local Splash contacts