Loan Care Motgage Co.crappy & misleading customer service

J Review updated:

After refinancing my home and setting my escrow account up, I received nothing from them (Loan Care...see other complaints about them) by phone or mail.
No statements, no paperwork, no temporary vouchers. Through hours of research, I found my loan number, and their mailing address. Sent them off a check with my loan number on it. 2 weeks later I was sent to a collection agency! With late fees of course. They claimed they never received the check. Then I was told my next payment was due in two weeks for the next month or it would be late too.
I told them I sent payment prior to the due date to the address above. Bank records indicated it cleared prior to the due date. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! FLEE WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

• Er
    Eric Chapell Oct 13, 2017

I've had similar issues with LoanCare. My mortgage was held with Chase, who shockingly enough, never gave me any issues. Once LoanCare took over my loan (for servicing), they've been unable to correctly apply payments (I pay twice monthly + a little extra to pay down my balance faster). I've been informed that they do not accept partial payments of any kind and will reject any payments of that nature in the future. I'm currently waiting for them to follow through on that.

My advice to everyone is simple: If at all possible, avoid them like the plague.

san265 Aug 16, 2017

I received a call from them about a week ago. They told me it was a "welcome" call and that my mortgage (recent refinance) had been transferred to them. I asked her to verify information about my loan for me (after all, this was an unknown person form a company I had never heard of calling me) and she would not provide me any information unless I first provided her with my name, DOB, SSN, etc. for verification purposes. I didn't provide it and told her, she should already have that information; after all, she is the one who called me and now has my loan. Needless to day, I still have not received anything in writing to confirm this information, or any info on where to mail my next payment. I do not look forward to working with them in the future.

• Un
    unhappy7490 Dec 13, 2012

This is a common occurrence with LoanCare. They bought my daughter's mortgage. She was notified after she had mailed her payment to the former lending company. That check was never found. It does not matter if your payment is early, they will not post it until the due date or later. She has been dealing with this company for 4 or 5 years. Customer service is horrid at best. It should not be a constant battle to pay your mortgage.

• Ni
    Nicola Lepore Sep 26, 2019

@unhappy7490 I am having the same exact issue they are demanding I make another payment, but cannot find the money that was sent to them from my previous bank, how was your issue resolved?

• Di
    DISTRESSED HW Nov 16, 2011

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THE LAST STAEMENT. LOAN CARE HAS LOST NOT 1 BUT 2 PAYMENTS OF MINE. THEY DEBITED MY ACCOUNT TWICE AND CAUSED A SIGNIFICANT OVERDRAFT, UNTIL THIS DAY THEY STILL SAY WHERE THEY DON'T SEE THAT. IT TOOK PROOF OF MY BANK ACCOUNT TO PROVE THIS. NOW I HAVE ANOTHER ISSUE REGUARDING LOST PAYMENT. I MADE A PAYMENT VIA WESTERN UNION AND THEY DON'T SEE THAT PAYMENT WAS MADE. SO NOW IT HAS BEEN 3WEEKS AND THEY CAN'T FIND MY PAYMENT. I SENT PROOF AND THEY STILL CAN'T FIND IT. SO WHOEVER IS IN THE PAYMENT PROCESSING CENTER GIVE ME YOUR JOB BECAUSE OBVIOUS YOU CAN'T DO IT.