LK Jewelry Designsrip off, - lost stones shabby workmanship and no customer service!

V Dec 06, 2019

If you value your jewelry - avoid at all costs! I worked with nathalie, the owner, when they advertised on etsy and purchased a moissanite ring. I asked her if she was able to design a ring for a large blue topaz that belonged to my father and to his uncle before him. We live out of state but I had lived in fl (the location of their store) and was familiar with the area and the mall they are situated in. I sent the stone to her, a 12x10 oval, and several white topaz stones to use as accents via express mail (with insurance) and waited anxiously for my ring to be completed. I paid over $500 for the design and for 14kt white gold alone even though I had provided the center stone and the accent stones.

Although I had exchanged several emails with her explaining that I wanted, with pictures, (an east/west setting), she sent the ring out to me without sending me a picture first - even though I had requested one. When I received it, the ring had not been set as an east/west stone it also had not stamp indicating that it was 14kt gold. When I brought this to her attention, she said she "thought it would look more feminine" the way her setter had mounted it and that sometimes her setter forgets to stamp the rings. What??? What professional jeweler allows a ring to go out without the kt stamp and overrides your design because of her opinion?

Amicably, I told her that I had paid over $500 for an east/west setting and she agreed to have it reset. I once again sent the ring to her at my expense.

When I received it, the oval mounting was still a vertical mounting - they had simply taken out the stone and switched its direction but at least the ring was stamped as 14kt gold.

I was walking around my house a couple of weeks later when I happen to pick something up and realized that my father's stone had fallen out of the setting. My father has recently passed away and I am his only child. The stone, which has been in his family for generations, is not monetarily expensive but, it meant the world to me! Something she and I had discussed numerous times.

It was then that I examined the setting and realized they had not replaced it to accommodate an east/west stone and had simply loosened the prongs and changed the direction of the stone only. I spent three agonizing hours on my hands and knees looking for the stone through tear-swollen eyes! Finally, I spotted it on the kitchen floor - it was such a close call that my whole body was shaking.

I reached out to nathalie who asked me to send the ring back and she would have it fixed. Once again, the ring went back via fedex at my expense, for repair.

I received it back promptly. No more than 3 weeks later, an accent stone fell out! I took pictures and emailed them to her. I then called her and left a voicemail. I emailed her several times after that to no avail.

Finally, she responded to my email saying that she would repair my ring after the holidays because they were too busy. Too busy to repair a ring that they set haphazardly and that I paid good money for?

By this time i'd had enough and requested, at the very least, a 50% refund so that I could have the whole mounting redone and have the lost stone replaced locally. I emailed her, called their business line, called her cellphone and have not received a response.

Their website and store front may look high end but, their workmanship is shabby and their customer service is non-existent!

If you value jewelry you pay good money for - stay away! If you want a guarantee that someone will provide customer service in the event you have a problem with your piece - stay away! However, if you don't mind purchasing a ring with loose prongs and risking its loss - then by all means buy your engagement or other jewelry piece at lkjewelry designs... Just remind the salesperson that a gold piece needs to be stamped as such and that prongs need to be tightened. It's jewelry 101!