Lifestyle Family FitnessDo not work there

Do not work there.Kicked out and Fired! I was a member at the Lake Mary club for 3 years. I worked at the club for 3 months and was told by a sales manager from another club that he would fire me if i talked about wanting to be a personal Trainer. I was forced to quit my job. I came back in to work out and they told me i couldnt because they were afraid i would talk bad about him. I talked to my direct manager and was let back into the club. The next day he was gone and that manager took his place. I worked out for 2 years listening to his slander and lies he was spreading about me and filed a complaint with the operations manager and he was told to leave me alone and stop spreading lies. One day I walked into the club and I was told by that manager to come into his office. I told him to leave me alone and he said he was going to call the police if i did not leave. I called the corporate office to file a complaint and they did nothing because of the fact that I used to work there. I loved that gym...

• Lf
    lffsucksballs Apr 02, 2012

I used to work for lff that place sucks they brain wash there employee's to convince them how great of a gym it is, offering. Free personal training that's a waste of time they just want you to buy personal training.. the 30day comfort is a scam half the time the front desk waves you and doesn't scan u in so u can't cancel to get your money back this place is tanking. They have racist staff starting with the personal training district manager in orlando.. if you ain't white don't work there.. the guy thinks highly of himself. He doesn't know the diff between his head and his butt..La fitness might be more crowded but there cheaper and have everything except for the magical lifecenter that weighs you in and tells u inaccurate results.. o yeah not to mention lifetime bought them out.. I wonder why. I give it one more year before there gone

sayitlikeitis25 Aug 12, 2011

This was the worst corporation I have ever worked for. I was treated better when I worked in a fast food restaurant. The front desk staff does SO much, yet get paid the least. Oh, and if you are looking to make minumum wage even after a year of being employed, work here. You will NOT get a raise. You might get 3 cents after a year, might not. They treat their employees horrible. The only people who matter are those involved in corporate, yet they don't know their ### from their elbow when it comes to stuff. I would never reccomend this company to anyone. Not for employment, and not for a membership. They lie to you, take your money, and you cant even get through the line to cancel until weeks after trying. They are a croc of BULL. Not even accreddited with the better business beareau? And scored a "D" out of an A through F scale...what does that tell you...There is more bad than good when it comes to this company.

• Lf
    LFFsucks Jul 11, 2011

LFF scammed me as well. They keep on charging me after I have verbally and written a cancellation notice to them.

Joyce Tanner Jul 02, 2011

They're liars and cheats.It's pathetic the way they hound people to join.Obviously you're an employee! ha! What a career, huh? :0) You can't cancel.They keep stealing the money out of your account. You don't know what you're talking about, so-SHUT UP!

• Mo
    momoffour06 Jun 29, 2011

The gym is nice and the classes and equipment are fine. Don't want to join, don't. don't like it? Cancel. Are you teling me the room was enclosed when you joined?

• Ji
    jigzed May 16, 2011

Really Lifestyle?? I have tried to cancel my membership simply because I cannot afford it anymore. I have done everything necessary according to their directions for cancel. However, 3mths later I'm still being billed. I have been put on hold for 20 minutes only to speak to an agent that doesn't give her name, did'nt say good afternoon and she was far from being pleasant. To top it off she transfered me and before she could say 'trans...' my call was placed to the voice mail box of someone who didn't have a name. So tell me, how are customers to resolve their issues with this kind of dirty, unprofessional service? My advice, whenever you hear lifestyle...go the other direction, their staff is undeserving of our business!!

Where's the justice May 11, 2011

I had a similar experience as the irate and frustrated consumer. My job moved to a different location that was not near the center I signed up at. I continued to pay for a few months because I thought that I might get a chance to stop by the gym but I never did. Then my dad ended up in the hospital and passed away and calling LFF was the last thing on my mind. I finally got around to calling them in February 2017, while they were piloting their new cancellation policy that I found out about by going into the gym. The phone number they give you never picked up and they offer to leave a message and someone would get back to you, when it's convenient for them. No one I know can sit on hold for 30 mins or more a day to try and get a hold of them. Well by chance I did finally get a hold of a cancellation rep around the middle of February and they told me that I'd be receiving an email and that I am to respond to that email to confirm my cancellation, which I thought that I was doing by calling them in the first place. I continued to check my email and even my junk mail but I never received a message from them. I tried calling the same phone number back that I originally called and had the same problem as the first time, I could never get a hold of a rep. I finally did get a hold of someone, almost a month later, and explained what happened and they said that they would resend the email and to follow it's instructions. I received the email the next day and responded immediately after receiving it. During the month's time I was billed after the first time I called them as my "last payment" and billed after the second time I called them again as a "last payment." This was very unsettling to me that it was not my fault that I didn't receive the original email so I decided to call the number that was within the cancellation email they sent. This number gets you almost directly to a representative (it's [protected]) without the long wait times. I spoke to this representative explaining what happened and that if they would be so kind to refund my last payment of $16.04 due to the circumstances that I had to go through to cancel my service and they told me that they do not refund. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they said that they were a supervisor, apparently everyone over there is a supervisor because I heard that through my next couple of conversations. Finally I asked to speak to the person that oversees them and their department, basically their supervisor, and that manager was unavailable at the moment but that they could set up a call back and I agreed. I spoke to this manager when they called me back and they were just as rude and unforgiving as their floor supervisors. After hanging up with them I went directly to my back and disputed the charge. My bank disputed the charge and about two days alter I got a call from LFF, believe it or not yes I actually got a call from them, and they explained to me about the dispute that I already knew took place because I initiated the whole thing. I wish I remembered this lady's name because she was the rudest out of all those that I spoke to, she continued to cut me off mid-sentence and basically told me that if I do not pay the disputed charge through them that my account would be sent to collections. I laughed at her and hung up. A few days after that I got a letter in the mail stating that if I do not send in my $16.04 payment that my account would be sent to collections and that a $15 chargeback would be applied to each dispute initiated because my account is considered past due. I finally gave in and called the number on this form and spoke to the lady for a few moments explaining what I had to go through and that I will pay them the messily $16 because I didn't what my credit ruined over this poor situation and company. I continued to explain to her that their customer service is the poorest to deal with and that I will never recommend this company to any of my friends or family members.

Where's the justice May 11, 2011

Cancel and get away from this company as soon as you can. Find a more reputable gym, I'm sure there are more near you. This company is a joke and all they are interested in is your money and not customer service.

• As
    askrao May 06, 2011

I tried to terminate my contract and called at the last day of Mar, 11. The sales manger offered me a new deal which was attractive. She said an email will come and I have to accept it.
    The email never come. I was honestly waiting for it. I call every day for next 7 days and left message everytime. I emailed several times. No body bother to give me a call. In the mean time they charged my credit card for Apr. To avoid confusion I stopped going to the fitness center.
    This was a deliberate attempt to frustrate me, keep me as a memebr, and charge me the old higher amount. I called Amex and stopped my payment.
    As soon as I did it the sales manager within a hour emailed me the new offer. I accepted but they have not credited my a/c the higher charge they made for Apr. I am yet to resume my going to LFF.
    I got a call from LFF today (6th May). The manager is only interested to talk about the future charges. She is not prepared to talk about Apr. She keeps on repeating that I did not accept the new offer in time. This is all frustrating.

Curvyspice Apr 25, 2011

I have been fighting since July of 2017 to be released from the hold of a company that claims not to have a contract. Lifestyle Family Fitness was the only facility I found near the University Area of Charlotte NC that did not lock you in to an annual contract- as I did not plan to be in the area very long. I would have been better off joining a different facility.

LFF takes first and last month's membership fees upfront with a guarantee that if you have to back out- you will be released without a problem. I decided to leave the gym in July of 2017. I called the number given to me from the gym. The person on the phone sent me an email that I replied to. I spoke to someone on the phone again who said that my account would need to be drafted a final time- which went against what I was told to start with. I didnt fight this. Somehow that final payment was for September not August for whatever reason and I didnt dispute this.

Long story short. This company drafted my account several times since then and still claim that I owe a balance. I changed bank cards and LFF still found a way to access my bank account. I have tried to get my money back with no success and the staff at LFF are terribly condescending and not helpful. Even the people answering the phone claim to be managers but will give your information to a a "manager" when you ask to speak to their bosses. Its exhausting. I am in the customer service business and I deal with people's livelihoods and money on a daily basis. I would never treat people the way that this organization has been treating me.

• Everytime you call to have a problem resolved the agents are rude and speak over you and they actually have the nerve to tell you not to get angry after they have been disrespectful its very iritating and now I am in the process of trying to cancel my membership and am still getting the run around and same poor attitude..not to mention they debited my bank account a full months dues when my account should be frozen and now they don't want to refund for their mistake..and that is my complaint.

• Ho
    Howard Hammerman Mar 07, 2011

He is right on! I had the same experience. They are in the business of taking your money. Don't join here!

• Yo
    yolak Dec 16, 2010

When Lifestyle kept raising my rates and dropping my favorite classes, it was time to make a change...I gave them sufficient notice and paid the final month and told them to use my last month (I paid on joining) for the final...NOT good enough for the greedy bunch...They tried to get an additional month out of me...Guess what smart guys...Credit card was cancelled and cut up and no way are you getting any more money out of me...Turn it over to collection...your credit should be as good as mine...

maringirl Dec 06, 2010

I live in Tampa as well and I went to the facility IN PERSON to cancel only to be told I had to call corporate, corporate informed me they would send me a Cancellation email that i ABSOLUTELY had to reply to. The email had VERY explicit, ridiculous rules how to reply back, which I followed by hitting R_E_P_L_Y to THEIR email they sent. I understood I would be charged 1 final payment and that would be the end Right? WRONG I canceled October 15, 2017, they took the November payment and I put LFF behind me. Only to ind ANOTHER draft taken in December! When i called about it the girl said "well did you get a confirmation because if not you didn't cancel" i insisted that i did not get a confirmation but i may have gone into my SPAM and that people have lives and are not vigilantly sitting by their emails waiting on something they didn't know they needed to. She basically told me "oh well, too bad" I immediately asked for a manager who absolutely REFUSED to budge even though i told her this would overdraft my account and it's Christmas for God's sake, i was in TEARS by the end of the conversation but still NOTHING! NO Compassion for THEIR mistake. I don't work for LFF so how am I accountable for them NOT sending me a confirmation, i canceled that's it! So i drove to my LFF and reamed out the manager there, who called and spoke to the same woman and Lo and behold guess what?? It was a glitch in the REPLY e-mail address, definitely NOT my fault and she STILL refused to reimburse me until she "Looked into it further" well let me tell you, if i don't get my money back I WILL find others this has happened to because it's obvious LFF has Criminal business practices
    and I will ile a class action Law Suit! It's $50 bucks! Stop being stingy and reimburse me! The customer is ALWAYS right has gone out the door..

• Mr
    Mr.M.Gray May 27, 2010

After viewing Fox 13 Tampa Bay FL this morning, I was so disgusted how LIFESTYLE FAMILY FITNESS treated a "Terminal Ill Veteran" in regards to his refund. If it was not for them he would still be waiting for his refund. This Veteran has been given a short time to live and just wants to enjoy his short time and needed the refund. This will be posted along with the full story on every Blog/Complaint Board/Facebook/Myspace to name a few. You should donate at least a couple of thousand to him and his family. So sad and shame on you LIFESTYLE FAMILY RIP-OFF.

• Tw
    twonizer Jan 05, 2010

Wow please learn to spell if you are going to complain because now I am complaining about your spelling. I have been to so many gyms in my life and no other gym compares to lifestyle. They are the best fitness facility there is out there!!

Joyce Tanner Jul 31, 2009

Oh, please. All three of my daughters stopped going there because it is poorly run.They switched to another, the same thing.Then they were hounded, and harrassed with daily 8am phone calls, to rejoin.It went on for two mos.til they went in demanding that it stop.-Then it began all over again!! There are many better gyms than that awful place.

cary61 Jul 26, 2009

I be rude to you to, if you didn't run down to pay me.

• Le
    leefoor Mar 31, 2009

as a member i had an issue with my account that was not handled in any appropiate metter!! i was consistantly being stoped at the front desk and being told that i had an account balance of hundreds of dollars. i asked if the manager could please look into this and she said no problem. i called back a few days later and spoke directly with the manager and she was VERY rude!! she spoke in a very demeaning mannor and told me that she did not have time to deal with me and that if i did not come in to pay on the account that i would be not allowed ot work out and that all of my account information would be turned over to a collections agency. This experience was absolutley horrible and the most vivid example of unprofessionalism i have ever heard of and seen.

• Hu
    humorous1 Feb 20, 2009

First of all, why would you just "send" a letter in to say you're canceling without coming into the club to actually MAKE SURE that it was done?! If you were alert when you signed up, you would have asked questions about canceling. And let me get this straight...YOU DIDN'T USE THE CLUB BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T MEET WITH A TRAINER?! What's wrong with hopping on a machine on your own and doing light cardio or something of the sort? Good grief, get off of your lazy butt and hop on a machine...stop acting like a child.

carlos Nov 25, 2008

You wanna know what I think? *fart*

• Me
    Member Nov 16, 2008

You are an idiot, who signs something and fails to read what it says?? Its no ones fault but your own that you were to lazy to go to the gym and work out three days a week!! Did you really have to wait for your training appointment? Are you really that lazy?? Unbelievable how people try to blame everyone but themselves for their shortcomings!

• Ro
    Rox Nov 03, 2008

Signed up for membership. Paid the fees. We were given this 4week guarantee where if we not happy for any reason we could cancel and receive a refund. Great I thought because I was signing my husband and I up as a Father's Day gift and he had not seen the facility. I told the sales rep, "my husband is very picky so if there isn't something he likes the 4 week guarantee will come in handy". My husband and I came in 2 days later and scheduled our first PT1 (personal trainer) visit which took a week to get. No problem. Then the PT called and cancelled and would have to reschedule a week from then. Now that is 2 weeks gone. Also, my husband decided he wanted water ammenties. I faxed a letter of cancellation. No response from them so I thought that was it. NO it wasn't. I noticed they were still deducting the monthly from our account. So I called, "Hey I cancelled our membership and you are still deducting from my account". The rep said let metransfer you to our manager. He didn't answer, I left a message. Never received a phone call back. I called again and explained again my situation. The manager said "well you have to sign something to cancel." I have faxed, called and left messages. Noone said anything. I came in to the facility and requested my refund of the start up fee and the 3 months they deducted. Of course, they said no. I talked with corporate they said no. I requested to speak with the supervisor at corporate and the girl said "I don't think so, no speaks with her". Can you believe this customer service. What was against me was in the 4 week guaratee in order to get a refund you have to visit 12 times. My arguement was they took 2 weeks away from us not being able to meet with our PT, how could I get 12 visits in, I would have to come everyday. I told them I would take it further and let everyone know about there fraudlant ways.
    Long story short. I took them to smalls claims court and won. 09-29-08 They still haven't paid. Read all small print and everything you sign. I have a few more steps I will be taking with them. You can win against corporate. Don't think you can't.

• Co
    Concerned Citizen Oct 26, 2008

I'm sure since you sent two email, they are going to relocate the group fitness room for you. Make sure when title your blog poor serivce that it is in fact service that you are complaining about, rather than structure design flaws.

Chuckster Aug 26, 2008

i worked to LFF for two years- i devoted many hours to making the club and it's members wonderful. I worked in every dept. there and LOVED it... HOWEVER- it's a dead end job. My manager was a piece of crap-- he participated in illegal activities with all but FOUR of his employees, (myself being one of the 4) then blamed it on a different employee and fired him!!! He dated his MIT, messed around with clients and bragged about it, and watched a great employee of his cheat on his wife with another employee and many members... LFF is a disgusting place to work, it was like a Soap Opera EVERY day. There are no MORALS within the company at all...
    I was injured at work, NO INCIDENT REPORT was filed, NO WORKERS COMP, and HR NEVER RETURNED MY PHONE CALLS.

You wonder why no one reports anything, it's because the whole c ompany is toxic. And nothing will ever change .

carlos Mar 12, 2008

YOU KNOW WHAT HURTS MOST?! THE LACK OF RESPECT! Well, no...the other thing...that hurt the most. BUT THE LACK OF RESPECT HURTS THE SECOND MOST!

currant employee corp Mar 08, 2008

oh how I agree! you can never do enough...you can never please upper management..the raise are an insult...12 to 20 cents per year!?? Let's get rid of all the outtings and festivals that the company spends hundreds and thousands on and give back to employess with cash...it's sad how favorites are so obvious, ie: someone calls in sick, is hung over, does little to no work, and no one says a thing, while another who would dare call in sick or ask for a personal dayoff is ridiculed. No one dare goes to HR for fear of loosing their job. We are stuck in an economy which keeps us chained to our currant jobs...and treated with no respect., The chairs we sit in for 8 hours a day are only meant for 2 to 3 hours of sitting. Order or request a new chair??? forget it..no budgeted..if you love getting walked all over, low pay and long hours, Life style is the place for you to come and work

who cares Jan 26, 2008

wow my friend you are an idiot...lifestyle is a great place to go, not only is it a very relaxing atmosphere but the 4 week comfort thing is great plus 3 free personal training sessions....not only that but you get a copy of everything smartass so even if you did sign up with out reading everything then you should have read it when you got home and realized that you should have shown up 12 times! So stop complaining and move on with your life and maybe sitting on your ### will make you healthier one day! good luck

• Fr
    Front Desk Girl Jan 23, 2008

I am still a front desk girl at lifestyle family fitness and am getting tired of being there. When I first started working there I was promised full time front desk work, then a few days later my manager had "miscalculated" and I would only be able to work part time at the front desk. So to make up for time he gave me a 2 hour detail cleaning job promising I would never have to work on my hands and knees. Almost half a year later most of my time is spent teaching others how to do my job and cleaning sweat and grease off machines. I am still considered one of the friendliest desk girls, even remembering regular clients names. One day a client actually said "You run this place, they couldn't ever replace you. But you could always replace them." To this day I'm the only one who can actually explain the 60 day written notice without getting my head bit off, but sometimes I don't even understand it. Finally a supervisor job was available and my optimism was broke when they called in someone from another club as the replacement. Now I'm skimming the search engines for a job to replace them. -Disgruntled Desk Girl.

• Fo
    former corporate employee Jan 09, 2008

As a former corporate office employee for over four years I have to agree with the former managers comments about Lifestyle not appreciating their employees and only caring about the bottom line. LFF is extremely top heavy and pays high executive VP's all the money for sitting in their fancy corporate offices and they have no idea how to run a health club or what the members reallly want. Everyone else does their job and they reap the financial rewards and the credit for the work they have never done. Employees at Lifestyle are treated poorly and their is constant undermining, feuding and childish games being played. I have to say that the VP's, HR and Fitness Directors are downright mean to their employees. The best thing I ever did ws quit and find a new health club.

• Cr
    craig ward Dec 06, 2007

Dont do it man, i have had nothing but nightmares corporate is a joke, they hang up on you rather than talk to you even if they do talk they wont help you, i have been trying to cancel my membership for 6 months now, i have mastercard and washington mutual on my side and they still wont stop charging me, i changed my credit card number but the keep running the charge every day, thier really marking up my credit, these ppl are psycho, stay away.

P.s. i tried to picket outside the gym one day, they called the police to have me removed from their property and tried to get me for trespassing (even tho they are taking my money for a membership).

• Ni
    Nikki Dec 04, 2007

I am looking into joining Lifestyle because this is the closest gym to my house w/childcare. I'm getting scared away now reading all these comments. How would you rate them overall? The amenities... Classes... Staff? I know I was told/showed that I had to attend 12 times within the 30 days in order to cancel. They want to feel like you're actually giving them (& yourself) a try!!! I guess! Well, they are expensive, but I think it's well worth it for all they offer.

current employee Nov 11, 2007

I have been an employee for many years, all companies have ups and downs. This has been the best employment by far. LFF employees thousands and you need to do something really bad to loose your job. Bottom line. Just do your job and stay away from the drama and you will do fine.

• Au
    auser Oct 25, 2007

Forgot to add - glad to hear about your mom - if it's true. It sounds a little too much like the tv commercials for your company though... Nice try. Oh, and, people can lose weight at any health club, they just have to GO.

• Au
    auser Oct 25, 2007

Obviously, I cannot provide names for legal reasons but I was an employee there (yes, I left of my own free will and was not fired). The environment and company practices are awful and people do go to HR - there were several harassment cases while I was there and legal matters related to termination. But sadly, many times, it is evident who HR is there to serve - the company. The only time they help you is if you have a legal case. Also, with a turnover rate of nearly 50%, how can you possibly think nothing is wrong???

Maybe YOU should open your eyes.

current LFF employee Oct 02, 2007

If all the above is true, then why didn't anyone go to the HR dept? It says numerous times that there is proof. I currently work at LFF at the Henderson road location and have seen some staff go that should have, but I just don't see a bad work environment, etc... If anything the upper management kept these managers in place too long to give them a chance. Again, if you or anyone has proof, then I would encourage you to prove it rather than continue to write negative emails. I just can't believe this as this sounds a little to outrageous to me. It sounds like some of the previous employees need to move on and get a life.

BTW-My mom is a member and works out with a trainer. She has lost 55 pounds and has improved her past health condition a lot. She is a new woman and I owe this to LFF as they have motivated her to improve her health. Its expensive, but whats the cost of health? Did I forget to mention that she is off of all her medication (high blood pressure pills, etc)? My family will continue to be proud members and I am a proud employee. I would suggest that someone give LFF a chance before believing some crazy past employee. They probably got fired for a reason!

• Fo
    Former Lifestyle Employee Sep 30, 2007

I was formerly a lifestyle family fitness employee and had no issues with the company. They make clear choices based on performance and other issues basically regarding the fact that people were not doing there job. The atmosphere is great and the staff was awesome. I choose to leave on my own terms due to a better opportunity at the time. Its unfortunate that in the world we live in when people loose there jobs they blame the employer first instead of themselves. Because thats what real winners do. Not really!!

Marie Tate Sep 07, 2007

I recently joined the Lifestyle Family Fitness in Hunters Creek and was very disappointed with the group fitness exercise room. You feel like you are in a fish bowl. Instead of putting mirrors all around so you can check your form while doing the exercises, 80% of the room is open on 3 sides with windows so everyone can see you. The entire back wall is open windows and faces the back parking lot of a condominium and some condo units. Not only doesn't it not allow you any privacy, it is in Florida, so the sun comes through that window and makes the room unusually hot - not what you want when you are doing cardio and already sweating. The other two sides are open to the gym so that everyone in the gym can watch the group fitness classes. This is not particularly conducive to a yoga or pilates class when you are trying to focus. Also makes you feel self conscious when you are trying to learn a difficult step routine and everyone is looking through the window like you are on display. It seems to be all for the benefit of corporate advertising when giving tours to new members. Lifestyle Family Fitness should think about what's important to current members who are paying their dues. Also, I have sent two emails to corporate (on this and another issue), and I don't every as much as the courtesy of an acknowledgment of receipt of my email.

• Wa
    wally mcgeever Jun 22, 2007

Dude- you are brain dead! Even my sales guy told me about the 3 times a week thing for the first month. And the 60 day cancellation notice. Now, you could have been lied to, but I'm thinking 'duh!'. Read a contract before signing. Don't sign, then whine.

• Tj
    T.J. Jun 01, 2007

Man, yeah right - you didn't read the fine print... You have to visit TWELVE times in a month to get a refund. You read the fine print? Really? Did you miss the part about how much it was a month? Who signs up for a membership and then has the revelation that they can't afford it the next day!?

Stop your complaining as it is totally unfounded, even if the manager "lied" to you. I don't believe you.