Lexington LawFraud and cheating

I was going to use Lexingon Law Firm to help me get out of debt and to help my credit rating well i paid them for my credit reports and they told me how much i had to give them a month for services and that they needed my visa card and like a dummie i gave it to them but they told me that they wouldn't take any money out till i gave them permission when i went to check my balance out for i needed to pay for my medicine i only had a few dollars left in my account. I was very fortune that i don't keep a lot of money in my husbands card so they only got 68.95 but they had been trying to get more out on different days but like i said i don't keep much money in our card i called them and asked them to but my money back and they said i had to pay for their services and i said you hadn't done anything for i hadn't even gotten my credit reports back till 3 days ago and so they hadn't even sent anything to my debtors and they said they couldn't do anything about the money so i told them i know longer needed their services and i told them i was going to report them and they said fine.

• Sp
    speed_thought Feb 10, 2017

Lexington Law is a waste of money and time. These guys are a scam. I have chatted with them several times to vent out my frustration because for the last few months, I have only been receiving letters from the creditors saying that they want to verify my identity because lexington apparently represents you but they don't have any presence. They are considered to be a small penny shop and they are not considered legit. They charge you $100 per month for this CRAP CRAP SERVICE. I could have so many different subscriptions with this much money. I have had no differences to my credit score and in fact it hurted my score because there has been so many interventions. I will be suing them for misconstrued information, false hopes, pretentious behavior, and being a scam.

AngelaScoreCure Jan 04, 2016

I work for a credit repair company that takes in a lot of ex Lexington Law Clients. Most people are in the program for 1-2 years and cancel before they finish. They only dispute 2-3 items each month on one credit report at a time to drag the process out. It works, but the program is painfully slow. The name of my company is Score Cure. We are a bit less expensive and our average program time frame is less then half of Lexingtons. We dispute everything at once on all 3 reports. Our online reviews are extremely positive. If you are looking for a legitimate company with satisfied customers call [protected].

• Ra
    RaquelLooney Jun 17, 2015

I am a single mother and used lexington law for 2 years. My credit scores started in the 500s and ended in the 500s... I wanted to buy a house but knew my credit was bad. I found lexington law online and signed up. I paid $99 a month for 23 months. At first, it seemed things were going ok. I got into a nasty divorce so I had a lot of stuff that needed work but i found out 18 months into it that they weren't going after every item. Apparently they only do like 5-6 accounts at a time and one or two bureaus at the same time. I finally got fed up and went to a local bank and pulled my credit. It wasn't any better and had dispute marks all over it. I chose lexington law because i thought they were a law firm. My lender told me she has worked with white jacobs (www.whitejacobs.com) for a while and has got a lot people loans after they used them. They did what lexington law couldn't do in only 4 months. I was so mad after thinking about the time and money I wasted on their program. I am now a home owner. Get away from lexington if you can!!!

• Mo
    Morgacj2004 May 21, 2015

The only program that I have located out there that is truly worthwhile is the Credit Solutions Program. This program offers work books, sample forms and other advice for fixing and maintaining good credit. I purchased the entire program for under $100 . Since I have used the program I was able to increase my FICO score from 600 to 700.

• Mo
    Morgacj2004 May 21, 2015

I used Lexington Law for approximately 6 months. They were not able to make even ONE removal. This was despite the fact that I provided them with everything they needed and even agreed to upgrade to the Concorde Premier service. My case was a relatively easy on as I only had 3-4 negatives on each bureau. Since I cancelled service with them I have been able on my own to get 4 or 5 items removed and will continue active efforts to completely clean up my file. With Lexington Law firm my FICO score stayed around 600. Since I cancelled the service and did my own work I have raised my score to the 700 range!!.. My advice is to save your money. This law firm simply does not do what they promise.

• Je
    Jessefield May 08, 2015

Lexington law is a company that do things you can do by yourself. I hired them for 1 reason and 1 reason only - I thought they were lawyers. After 6 months and repeated request to speak with the attorney it dawned on me that all they were doing was sending template letters to the credit bureaus. I was seeking an attorney to contact the creditors and collection agencies too and push back when the creditors can't prove things. My problem is time so i needed someone. My real estate agent told me about white and jacobs. These guys know what they're doing and i spoke to their attorney. I'm a house owner now!! Lex law will bleed you out of money by doing things you can do on your own. Think about it...

• So
    sopissedinca Mar 02, 2015

I wish I had known about this Lexington Law (California). I would never have signed up with the different service the SAME ATTORNEY at the SAME ADDRESS offers, which is debt settlement negotiation/lawsuit advice. Exactly the same "business model" of charging monthly fee up-front and hardly do anything. If you complain, they send a thuggish response (they are stupid enough to use email) and send a bill for huge "additional charges" just because I complained. It is extremely hard for me to believe the outfit like this is allowed to exist, but since the clients are in financial trouble they don't have money to take them to court.

• We
    wendy197008 Jul 10, 2014

I canceled with Lexington Law and they still took $99.95 out of my checking account. They said for services performed but they did absolutely nothing and i cancelled before the 1st month was over!!!

Sashina R Joseph Feb 23, 2021

@wendy197008 I'm in the same boat. They just slammed my bank account for $89 of emergency funding I had received for my back rent payment. I'm so stressed out right now

• Fe
    FED UP to the10th Jul 03, 2014

SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />Lexington Law is a bait and switch scam that makes empty promises until you call them on it. They made it sound so easy when I signed up. “Sir, companies don’t have time to respond to inquiries so we are able to have negative remarks removed off your account just by virtue of the banks not responding. Within a year we should be able to have your credit clear to where you can buy a house again.” Nearly a thousand dollars later I’m about where I was when I started. I have had 6 of 26 items removed from my report. Kudo’s Lexington. So I know its possible. I caught the representative twice in a deception, she kept talking over me and arguing with me.
    All the letters that Lexington sends out THEY SEND IN YOUR
    NAME AS IF YOU SENT IT YOURSELF. Find the forms yourself
    www.bargaineering.com/articles/how-to-remove-unauthorized-hard-inquiries.html has a bunch for free. (This is just one article) How to Remove Unauthorized Hard Inquiries there are many more out there for FREE.

• Sl
    slim1425 Jun 09, 2014

To everyone who is saying its a scam im pretty sure they would of been out of business after all this time someone would of took them to court or sued the company and im pretty sure they would of been told to shut down by someone over them...!!!

• He
    Help me take my Jun 05, 2014

They wont stop calling my house!!! I asked repeatedly to put my number on the DO NOT CALL LIST...hasnt happened yet! How can I stop them from calling me?! Never signed up with them only inquired! Help!!!

• Cw
    CW2$cogg Apr 18, 2014

I agree completely and wholly with FM. Lexington Law is NOT WORTH your time or effort to deal with. They simply dispute items on your credit report by giving you a series of letters that you yourself have to send creditors. It isn't anything tt a Credit Watch program for 1/5th monthly charge of Lexlaw can do for you (name your credit protection/watch program from the Big Three). Lexlaw are required in the state of california to get the customer to agree to the program every six months. Obviously, enough complaints about this kind of thing got some heads up at the State level to enact laws so companies cannot keep auto-debiting peoples credit cards and checking accounts with ACH transactions indefinately. Good Move California and Florida! Lexlaw sent me such statement, asking me to renew or ele services would be suspened, right around April 1st when my 6 months expired.
    The exact verbiage of their email read

Dear Gregory,

It has been 15 days since we suspended your case, due to the expiration
    of your engagement agreement. California Civil Code section
    1789.10-1789.26 states that our engagement agreement cannot exceed a
    6-month period of time. You still have time to renew your engagement
    agreement without any additional cost.

We would like to continue assisting you with your credit repair goals.
    Please visit the client website listed below to reopen your case.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us Mon-Fri from 5:00 AM - 9:00 PM at [protected]. Once you have completed the renewal process, we will be able to continue working on your case.

Sincerely,

Adam Fullman
    Lexington Law Firm - California13522 Newhope StreetGarden Grove, CA 92843
    [protected]

Guess What? Today its April 18th and they decided to BILL ME AGAIN! I called and to refund my money, and quoted the above email. The poor minimum wage paid 'ParaLegal' (yeah right) on the phone stated they had still done work on my case and that I was going to be billed for the 7th month for close out. I said really? So your company lies in the above email and IS really working my case even though California Law prohibits them from doing so, especially if I have not signed the agreement to continue services, as required by law? She fell silent. I hung up the phone, then summarily went into my Federal Employees Credit Union and put a stop payment to their charge to my debit card.
    Better Business Bureau is my next stop.
    STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.
    THEY ARE UNETHICAL (HAVE YOU EVER MET A LAW FIRM THAT WAS?)
    PAR FOR THE COURSE.

In the six months they 'serviced' me. my credit score actually went DOWN. Great. I chose NOT to renew with them as it was paying money for nothing.

• Ke
    kelly ray Oct 09, 2013

Complete scam! Do not employ! They charge $100's of dollars to send out a few FORM letters to your credit reporting agencies and a few to your actual creditors. They will string you along with emails making you think something is happening. It is not. The items I had corrected on my credit report was because of my on personal activity.

Stay away!!!

Damn I hate being so gullible!

ChicagoBoss Jun 14, 2013

Lexington Does offer legal credit repair, just know what your getting into before signing up. Here's a in depth review: https://www.creditfirm.net/blogs/creditfirm-net-vs-lexington-law-review.html

• Ar
    ARlexy Jun 05, 2013

I am a former employee of lexington law firm. There are a few things people should know before signing up for their service.
    The people who work there ARE NOT PARALEGALS!! when you call in it is a call center, they have their employes take very simple tests once ever 3-4 months, most of them are right out of highschool. YOU DO NOT HAVE any paralegals or attorneys working on your case, the whole system is automated, they have a internal system that automatically generates the letters . The whole system works on it's own and most of the employes that work there have no idea how credit works. Also they BREAK THE CROA LAWS!! on a daily basis... they do this 2 different ways. 1. when they upload an Experian report alot of the times because of the way Experian lists the item Their system marks it as it was deleted off of your credit report and they move it to a positive credit line. they then send out to the customer an email and post it on their website that it was removed from the report when it was not... THIS IS A VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW. 2. also their data entry team makes many many many mistakes when entering reports, this is also VIOLATION OF CROA. they have been aware of the flaw in their systems for over a year and still have not made any attempts to fix it.

Now on to why you pay a monthly fee.. according to CROA they can not bill you till after they do the work. how they do this is, they tell you that they will not dispute all of your items at once because it can make the credit reporting agency's give you a negitive response.. this is a lie, if they disputed everything at once they would have to wait 60-90 days to re-dispute the, and they would not be able to charge you a fee for that time. By doing it the way they do they can drag out the process and charge you every month and have you pay more money.

Now on to when you call to close your case. there are alot of complaints about people closing and the case not being closed... that is because every employee MUST hit their stats and one of them is the % of clients they can talk into not closing their case, if they close the case it will count against them, if they talk you into keeping it open they get 3% of what your next payment is. So alot of times the phone reps will not close the case and not put a note in the case. This happens ALL THE TIME, and they are aware of this and do not hold the phone reps accountable. When you close your case write down the date and time and name of the reps.. And yes the complaints of rude reps are true, they are not trained for customer service and they do not have any quality control. Just keep in mind everything they do, you CAN do yourself. the only thing you are paying them for is the time it will save you.

• **SuperMan** May 13, 2013

Did you happen to see all the other complaints filed against this firm before you sought out their services? RESEARCH is the word of the day... and every day hereafter.

• Tr
    Truluck May 13, 2013

Still billing me for cancel card visa debit stop the because not happy with their services.

• To
    Tony Michaels May 09, 2013

I have used Lexington Law for years now. I did everything they asked me to do. I prioritized the items I wanted them to focus on, I keep them with updated reports and I also sent INQUIRY letters myself. In 14 months at $99 per month I have a 725 credit score from a 532. Now I helped by getting a higher paying job and making payments arrangements BUT I also read the helpful information on the website. One example is knowing the difference between UNPAID charge-offs and PAID charge-offs. Ya know what? Im too busy to do the ground work so I paid Lexington law to do it. IT WORKS!!! I was patience and let them get to work. Lets do the Math $99 times 14 months equal $1386 and it was WELL worth it. Refinancing everything at 725 is saving me TONS of money. We live in a world of impatienceness and it hurts us when we cant get instant results!!

Comments

• Th
    "the plunger" Apr 25, 2017

@Tony Michaels did Lexington buy you the Salvation army jacket and shirt to say that? your reply is straight out of Lexington's playbook.

anag Jan 09, 2013

You may have had a good experience w their credit removal, but do you think it is okay to find random double & triple charges, every few months AFTER services were cancelled properly, monthS prior??? Upon discovering these charges, I called & they refused to speak with me re this because "I was no longer a client". & abruptly hung up. Is this okay???? According to the legal advise I was given, it is NOT okay to behave this way, charge monies for cancelled services, or try to back charge. Lexington DOESNT perform work without being paid each month & will suspend services temporarily, so there cant be any "back charges"!!! After requesting the above mentioned recorded call for review by counsel, and having to deal with them in that manner, they reimbursed the hundreds taken. It took that to remedy this!

• Pa
    Patrick Texas Jan 09, 2013

Current Lexington Client. Been with them for 4 months and have had 4 items removed from Transunion, 3 removed from Experian and 3 removed from Equifax.

Yes, if you have the time to research and contact ALL of your creditors yourself, you can do some of what they do. I have been told by friends that write mortgages that creditors take a letter from a law firm much more serious than they take one from you so they may be able to get better results in a quicker fashion. At this time I have no complaints.

• En
    enraged citizen Dec 11, 2012

I was a client YEARS ago, closed my account, & out of the blue, over the last month, Ive randomly been charged in excess of $500. I had to close my card & submit a fraud / investigation report against them. When I called Lexington Law, they said I had no account with them, refused to speak w me based on this, & hung up. This has happened several times.

• Ho
    honestoneastcoast Dec 07, 2012

These people are a complete scam preying on people who are honestly attempting to repair their credit. First, it is basically a group of inexperinced paralegals, not real attorneys. In fact, to my knowledge, the only two lwayers employed there are John Heath and George Oakes. I tried them for a while and the only real response I received was from credit bureaus that reported that they would not respond to any inquiry as they had reason to suspect the inquiry did not come from me (Lexington insisits that you give them permission to "sign" your name to any correspondence they send on your behalf. After several weeks of inaction, I contacted one of their paralegals who assured me that once the first round of inquiries was complete, there "more agressive" inquiries would be sure to get a response. I asked why they did not send out aggressive inquiries to begin with and her reply revealed their business model:"If we sent out the aggressive ltters right away, we would not be able to charge you the monthly fee for as long." Finally, after more weeks of no action and my repeated inquiries, I received a call from Mr. Oakes. He related that Lexington "was pureply in the business of making money" and I was making it difficult for them to do do. He proposed that he refund the money I had paid them and we terminated the relationship.

Jabinki Oct 14, 2012

My husband used Lexington law, after months of them doing nothing, and us in a financial delema, we called to cancel the account they said oh we can offer you 3 months free services... Bla bla bla. My husband of course said sure. Then we called two months later to cancel. As they had continued to take money out of my bank account. So eventually after my bank sayin they would stop any withdrawals from them... They still were able to get the money out... So I cancelled that bank account... Now my husband recently checks his credit report to only find out Lexington law is on there for around 1, 200 dollars with delinquent next to it?
    If I were to scam people like this I'd be in prison... Nope there still on with their advertising!

• Pe
    Peter Balbus Sep 07, 2012

Lexington Law is a complete waste of time and especially money. Rank amateurs and far more interested in taking your money than working on your behalf. Story changes once you sign up. VERY difficult to cancel once you do sign up. I've paid over $2, 000 to these ### for absolutely no results. They do nothing that you cannot do yourself, get yourself a credit repair book or go to the website above for information.

• Cp
    CPhillips1979 Aug 21, 2012

THESE PEOPLE AT THIS FIRM IS CON ARTISTS THEY JUST WANT YOU TO PAY FOR A CREDIT REPORT THEN THEY KEEP TAKING MONEY THAT WE GIVE THEM NO PERMISSION TO DO SO STAY AWAY FROM THEM !!! TURNING THEM IN TO BBB TOMORROW THEY JUST WANT YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER!!! STEALING MONEY FROM PEOPLE THAT ALREADY HAVE DEBT PROBLEMS

• De
    DEE DEE RIVEL Feb 08, 2012

I SIGNED UP IN SEPT, 2012 AND GOT A VERY FAVORABLE INTRODUCTION FROM THE FIRST PERSON WHO ANSWERED MY CALL. I EXPLAINED THAT I NEEDED A BIT OF HELP IN CLEARING UP SOME GLARING PROBLEMS WITH MY SISTER'S CREDIT THAT WE HAD BEEN TRYING ON OUR OWN TO DO FOR YEARS. THEY AGREED THEY COULD HANDLE OR AT LEAST IMPROVE THE SITUATION.
    I GAVE THEM A CREDIT CARD AS REQUESTED.
    ON NOVEMBER 29 OR SO I CANCELLED THE SERVICE BECAUSE OF THE VERY LACK OF COMMUNICATION FROM ANYONE THERE. I RECEIVED A COUPLE OF INQUIRIES ADVISING ME THAT SOMETHING WAS BEING DONE ON ONE ACCOUNT. NOTHING EVER MATERIALIZED AND I FELT IT BETTER TO USE THE 89.00 DOLLARS MYSELF AND SEE IF I COULD RESOLVE THESE MINIOR INFRACTIONS.
    I CALLED CANCELLED AND THEN CALLED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY BECAUSE I TRUST NO ONE.
    THE COMPANY CANCELLED MY CARD, I WAS WITHOUT A CARD FOR OVER A WEEK AND THEN ISSUED ANOTHER CARD.
    ON MY JANUARY BILL FROM THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY THERE WERE 4 CHARGES FROM LEXINGTON LAW AND THEIR ASSOCIATES FOR SERVICES AFTER I CANCELLED.
    THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY IS NOW INVESTIGATING.
    WHAT A WONDERFUL SERVICE THIS COULD BE FOR THE AVERAGE PERSON WHO CANNOT AFFORD ROCKET LEGAL FEES BUT UNFORTUNATELY SOMEONE WANTS TO GET RICH WITHOUT DOING THE WORK.

• Tw
    twmpm Jan 01, 2012

hey if you are happy with lexington why are you at COMPLAINTSboard.com? this isnt reviewboard now is it? is that why every post knocking lexington is followed by a lexington lover? they dont work for lexington you think? u are real customers ! then go to bottom left of comment and post pics of a before and after credit reports? if some one saved my life as they claim wouldnt you want every one to know about it too? if you owned lexington wouldnt you want to show everyone proof of your grateness?

• Tw
    twmpm Jan 01, 2012

thanks for the offers to help. i read that someone was able to remove items from their credit report using lexington law. just kind of wondering if the removed items showed back up after they were removed? by any chance did you have your bank pull your credit report after the items were removed? i bet not cuz if you did you would of found that even tho the report they set you up with and free credit report . com shows it being removed the bank will still show it and even worse the date will be up dated pushing back your stat of lim. i bought the debt cures book by K.T. and i will be honest 95% of the book is b.s. but i was able to use the 5% of good info in the book to remove a little bit over half of the bad info from my report. i was even able to get two of the bads to change to showing as good credit. the stuff i honestly owed was somewhat easy to get removed over 3 to 4 months. i will say the stuff that just don't belong to me has been impossible to get removed. evidently just the act of filling out a credit app is proof enough that you owe debt. if you think you are going to just pay something off just to rid yourself of it don't pay a penny until you have the paper in your hand stating that they will remove it from your report as soon as you finish pay off no matter what they say. if you don't they will just change your report to show zero balance but it will not improve your score and stay on till the stat of lim expires! save your money don't pay lexington to make things worse. you can do it yourself and if you feel like its to much to do on your own look around you can find free help or places that don't charge till its gone. good luck

• Pe
    peaceofmindsalvation Oct 21, 2011

Hey I was kindve sceptical about this service so before they charged me I found some sites like this one. I then contacted them to see if I can do it on my own. But before they charged my account I updated my info for the credit card Then when they finally contacted me (after it was to late to cancel of course) They couldnt charge me! JOKE ON THEM. And when I asked them should I just pay my bills off than pay for their services---the lady said that my charges would still show--That dont sound right--But I'm smarter than the adverage bear--I know a little bit about the credit system--It's Like talking to Jackel and Hyde when you cancel--Someone commented that they treated them good and let them extend there paymentand were really nice--Of Course they did after been doing people so wrong-they want to seem good now--I worked for companies with fine print (I quit) and its a bad spirit behind hiding the truth--Deceitful--I do read the fine print but why would you wanna pay so much money for not only something you can do yourself but for something that might be a waste of money since they are basically saying "give me your money and It might can help you" I refuse to drink the Koolade! "Jim Jones Lexington"

JoeyT55 Jul 18, 2011

There are companies that actually do things right out there and DO NOT CHARGE A MONTHLY PAYMENT that you'll never escape. Lexington only disputes to the bureaus. We work with the bureaus, the creditors, the collection agencies, and the court houses. We've been in business for 7 years successfully removing Collections, Foreclosures, Charge-Offs, Public Records, Late Payments, Inquiries, Tax Liens, Bankruptcies, Judgments, Repossessions, and more. We follow the rules of the FTC by remaining one of the few LEGAL CREDIT RESTORATION companies out there. We are also registered with the Secretary of the State and we're Bonded as well. I won't say Lexington Law is a scam, but I will say on a daily basis I speak with many people either contemplating going with them, or are already with them and very unhappy that they've been enrolled for close to 2 years with hardly any changes to their credit reports. Call me and we'll do a FREE CREDIT EVALUATION to determine how we can assist you have better credit within 6 months! That's right our program is maximum 6 months and we back that up WITHOUT CHARGING A MONTHLY PAYMENT!!
    Joey Staton
    [protected] CELL PHONE
    [protected] FAX

• El
    Elizabethismad Jun 25, 2011

RUN>>>>>RUN>>>>>>RUN>>>>>RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN dont waste your money

2 Items

1 Remaining
    Item From:

4 Remaining
    Items From:

* ACCOUNT RCVY SERVICE ( no idea what this is)
    * AUTO SALES (---------------------------paid, they have not send a letter or nothing waiting on next payment)
    * KENNETH EISEN & ASSOCIATES (--------removed on the other 2 report after each billing cycle --- still here why)
    * KENNETH EISEN & ASSOCIATES (--------removed on the other 2 report after each billing cycle --- still here why because they just sent the same letter out this month, eventhou they have had it for two months)

3 Remaining
    Items From:

* SVC SYSTEM (---------- Paid in full no action taken
    * NCO - MEDCLEAR (------- no action for 4 months
    * MARICOPA COUNTY RECORDER (-------- gave them the release of lien, nothing done at to remove, the company said all I need to do is just report it to the credit agency and it will be remove)

you can do it yourself, I got the letters myself and gave it to Lex, sick of paying them and doing the work again RUN RUNRUN

• El
    Elizabethismad Jun 25, 2011

I to have played a fool... the only time I see movement from Lexington is when the billed me
    I had this cleared on one of the credit report that should have been cleared on my other reports sents it was the same thing. Most of my problems are just let payment or thing I paid off. The companys I spoke to stated they would gladly remove them or that they already sent a cancel or delete letter to the reporting agency, but Lex did this one by one instead of at once for all three credit reporting agencies. RUN, RUN, RUN...Instead of handling it at once they bill you and do things you dont want done.

Select Month June, 2011 May, 2011 April, 2011

Getting started is easy and painless. It starts with getting to know your legal team.

It's great to have you on board!

This is the first in a series of 7 quick guides designed to help you get started on your case and get the best results from our service.

Within the first day or so of service, you should have received e-mail guides covering the following:

•Quick Guide to Getting Started

•Quick Guide to Ordering Your Credit Reports

•Quick Guide to Sending Us Your Credit Reports

•Quick Guide to Giving Us Dispute Instructions

•Quick Guide to Verifying Your Personal Information

•Quick Guide to Understanding the Dispute Process

•Quick Guide to Reviewing Our Warranty

Enjoy the articles and if you have any questions please feel free to check out our client website or give me a call.

Case Action: Date:

Email - Sent New! Lexington Law - Case Results 04-28-11
    Email - Sent New! Lexington Law - Letters sent on your behalf 04-26-11

• Sj
    SJKY Jun 21, 2011

I am sorry that certain people have had such a "bad" experience with lexington law. I have been with them for a couple months now and so far it has been good. I have had a couple PAID collections removed. These are collections that the agencies themselves laughed at me and were very rude to via phone and mail. When I first started I had a money crisis and couldn't pay the up front so I called within the first few days to cancel thinking I would just try them at a later time. Well they were very nice and allowed me to extend my first payment for another 12 days or so. They didn't charge me early or double charge me. I know that they really do send out letters because I have gotten responses from the collection agencies and credit bureaus. I do have to agree with one of the comments before that if Lexington Law was a so called SCAM then they would start services before payment and they certainly wouldn't be A+ with the BBB. NO WHERE on their website does it say anything about them "promising" results. I also didn't have anyone promise me over the phone. All they can do is what you can do. They just have the knowledge, tools, and time. You HAVE to participate too. You have to mail or email copies of all responses you get in the mail.

• Tg
    tgunter May 07, 2011

I am a Lexington Law client and I am very pleased with thier performance. I am just getting into my 4th month with them and already I have had 24 negative items removed from my credit reports! There are a few things, however, that you need to understand in order for your experience with them to be successful.

1) Lexington Law works to remove innaccurate listings from your credit report, i.e., items that do not belong to you, items that are redundant, items that are outdated and items that are unvarifiable, which means any item that cannot be tied to you 100% through full name, address, social security number or missing signature. A negative item on your report that is lacking any of the forementioned items for varification are deemed unvarifiable and according to the FCRA MUST be permanently removed!

2) Lexington Law does NOT reduce your debt, when a negative item is removed from your credit report, that just means that it's not on your credit report, you still owe the money and are open for civil suits and wage & tax garnishments in the future if the creditor decides to move forward with those types of actions. It is ALWAYS a good idea to pay your debts to prevent these types of actions as they will become a public record on your credit report.

3) Lexington Law does not perform miracles... It takes a lot of time, money and effort on both parts; you AND Lexington need to be joined at the hip! They offer a website with a personalized dash board, so that you can log in and review anything about your account at any time, I personally do it EVERY DAY! They also have an excellent customer support staff (Paralegals) to assist you by email or by phone. Also, YOU could help your case by beginning to repay your debts, as it is always easier to remove a negative listing if that debt is paid. If you have small debts, pay those outright and get them out of the way. Larger debts can be negotiated for a smaller settlement... Now as a rule of thumb, settlements aren't the greatest for your credit report, but if you pay off your debt settlment, which would help Lexington tremendously to remove the negative from your record... Well, then the debt settlement doesn't look so bad now, does it?

There isn't much more than that. I would highly recommend paying your debts (as many as possible), monitoring your Lexington online account and staying on top of them, no matter how big or small of an issue or if you're just curious about something, they are always more than willing to help.

One more thing; Lexington does charge a retainer fee of $99.95 up front and then they offer you 3 different plan options. Be careful here, they may not tell you that they have 3 different plans, they may just put you into the most expensive one, especially if you don't question it.

1st is the "Regular", which is $49.95/mo and this level is for the person who has just a couple of items that need to be removed and KNOW that the items are either not thiers or inaccurate in some sense.

2nd is the "Standard", which is $69.95/mo and this level is for the person who has a mid to high level of negative items on their report. This is also the first level of service that provides dispute letters that are sent to both the credit bureaus AND the creditors, so it is attacking each negative item from 2 different angles. If you don't have any luck with the Bureaus, then maybe you will with the creditors and if not with them, then the chances are that that item will not be removed.

3rd is the "Premier", which comes in at $89.95/mo and this level is for the person who has a mid to high level of negative items on their report AND is always applying for new credit (Inquirees). This level will help to remove inquirees as well as negative items. Inquirees are not necessarily negative, but it shows the creditors that you are trying to get more credit, which could be bad if you debt to income level if in the red. Inquirees will show on your reports for up to 2 years.

• Tm
    tmf3 May 03, 2011

Here is a phone number for the company: [protected]

• Ni
    Niquee Apr 12, 2011

I am currently a client of lexington law firm. I've been with them for a year. I have seen changes in my report. several of my negative items were deleted. I would have like to have had all of them gone within a year, but I take some responsibilty for that because I didn't turn in my credit reports on time. Yes I do think they work slowly to an extent, but they're there to make money just like any other company. I'm not a spokes person, just speaking from my experience.

• Gl
    glenneroo Apr 05, 2011

These guys are a total scam! They have created DOZENS of fake internet "review" websites such as "lexingtonlawreviews.com" with nothing but supposedly happy customers - all of which do nothing but continually praise them for their ability to do great work - but always lacking most details. They also fill up sites like this with useless and FAKE happy customer reviews.

• Pr
    PRIVATE INVESTIGATER Mar 30, 2011

Lexington Law Firm is A Joke. You are trying to get out of debt but they are putting you in debt. SCAM SCAM SCAM DONT DO IT AND IF YOU DID MAKE SURE TO CANCEL BEFORE YOUR FIVE DAYS ARE UP.

• Co
    Coby Glass Mar 28, 2011

Lexington Law is an inherently dishonest company and cannot be trusted with anything- much less your financial information. Despite my repeated attempts to decline their services they have now stolen my information- taken money from my checking account, and sold my information fraudulently to third parties that are now calling me believing I have requested quotes on health and car insurance.
    I am on record repeatedly not only declining their services- but making them confirm to me that I declined. Please, please do not give these people your real name much less anything else. They are intentionally out to defraud you and steal your money.

• Je
    jesse r Mar 23, 2011

i was stupid enough to use them. I hate this company. All i wanted was to get 20 pts or so but that was not the case. I paid these guys for 5 months of work and finally i told them that i was fed up and that i wanted to cancel my account. they said that all they do is send letters to these companys... they have no control of what action these companies take. Can u believe that, i was paying for premium service and they tell me that all they do is send letters.:(