LetgoI've been blocked... Why?

M Review updated:

I signed on to Letgo yesterday to purchase a trailer. I expressed interest in several trailers and received some feedback. When I tried to respond, I got a message that I had been blocked. I've emailed Letgo twice, but have received no response. I have done nothing wrong I want to buy one of the trailers that I've seen. Unfortunately, I can not respond to seller. Please straighten out the problem so I can resume using Letgo

• Dy
    Dylexa Mar 21, 2018

Letgo is just a shady app. I just got blocked for asking a seller a question about whether or not the phone she was selling was locked. (Huge red flags right there.)

Sanchez Maria May 28, 2018

@Dylexa Not a shady app. Shady buyers who lowball everything. You got blocked by the seller for an actual reason. You're super shady

• Hu
    Hunter Peoples Oct 06, 2019

@Sanchez Maria Shut up bitch yall naggin

Sanchez Maria May 28, 2018

You got blocked cuz you're a lowballer or you pissed off the seller. I block those POS whenever they do that on my items. Lowlives on letgo/offerup honestly. Craigslist has the quality people who actually aren't on welfare.

• Kl
    K-love Jul 16, 2018

@Sanchez Maria Why would you offer anything and not be open to counter offers? I think some people just need to let their baby sitter do all the work so they don’t get their feelings hurt. This blocking thing just pissed me off especially after driving for miles to meet someone for an item at the price they posted it for🤬

• Ta
    Tangina Moh Jun 10, 2018

Letgo is a piece of [censored] app, and that's a disservice to [censored].

• Kl
    K-love Jul 16, 2018

You can blame the buyers all you want but some sellers are the shady one who have a problem with things done right. That was my case below. Which part of our communication warranted me getting blocked?😡

• Da
    dan from youtube Oct 31, 2018

well i think i know whats going on cause the exact same thing happens to me in this situation
    letgo sends every once in a while a little message in the chat telling the seller or buyer at random to becare full of scams and people and it gives people the option to block the person their talking to and they almost block them every time reguardless of the situation because they think letgo is trying to tell them to stay away from this person they are a scamer and most like ly there not i know this because my mom did this to a person i i had to explain to her what they were acualy trying to tell her

• As
    AshyBear Jul 24, 2019

Every single buying and selling app out there is full of liars, cheats and thieves on either side of the fence. . Just have to sort thru the crap to fine the honest, upfront person, who won't mind answering the tough questions without blocking you, just because they don't have a legitimate answer.

• Ev
    Eva EOU Oct 04, 2019

Buying and Selling is a give and take but interestingly technology has made it easier to transact and whether we like it or not both buyers and sellers would want to take advantage of the system. That been said, there is room for negotiations when transacting and don't let the offer made by the buyer offend you; the seller can simply accept or make a counter-offer. Blocking a potential buyer/negotiator makes the even the seller a "lowball" business person because even your item maybe over priced. After-all, if this deal don't go through there maybe others in the future for both parties. So sellers should look beyond their nose, stop blocking negotiators and develop tenacity to negotiate fairly without been sentimental by "blocking" people so that you don't close the door to hard to a future business relationship and maybe mutually beneficial. Thank you

• Da
    DazMar Tel Nov 03, 2019

I paid for an unlock service from a letgo seller that uses $unlockguy as his cashapp ID. His letgo IDs are; kingstonphones, torontophones and most likely he has more profiles (in almost all major cities). I paid him $50 through cashapp at which point he told me the phone would be unlocked remotely, which never happened. Shortly after, I got banned from login into my letgo account for having more than one account, although I only did it to catch the scammer who robbed and blocked me from messaging him. Somthing needs to be done...

I think that letgo should set up shipping as Offerup does. That would eliminate all the shipping scammers. How it works is; the buyer first sends the money through PayPal, and when the seller ships the item, the buyer will receive and inspect the item to make sure it’s what they wanted, then the funds get released to the seller! That would cut down on the reporting and blocking users and give real buyers and sellers a sense of security. letgo needs to make some major changes on account verifications. They should not allow anyone that has an account on letgo to sell if they are not verified by at least three methods the least. Also they should start letting sellers verify their item before posting it. On swappa.com they send the seller an authorization number, the seller writes the digits down on a piece of paper, places the paper next to the item and takes a photo of that piece of paper next to the item for sale. That eliminates those who claim they are selling something they are not. Also stops those who use fake or other sellers photos. I would also urge sellers to not only put “no shipping” on their listing, but also write in description that you will only meet those who have no reviews or haven’t been verified at a police station or Apple store. That will weed out the thieves! Attached photo is of the listing the scammer uses.

• Pa
    Pamblvns Feb 04, 2020

If someone rips your have no recourse. I bought a Wii console from tabatha in Lewisville . I ask her if she had made sure it worked and she said yes. Of course it doesn’t and she marked listing unavailable not sold. So there’s no way to leave a review. She will no doubt continue stealing. Don’t use this app !