Leland ManagementJackie mullen leland brevard county, pine creek hoa

L

We have only lived in Pine Creek, Melbourne Fl for 4 months. But what we have had to live through has been nothing short of a brutal abusive bullying ordeal by those in charge.

The high police presence, being on lock down with SWAT presence, repeated vandalism, the bullying, the stalking, having 2 sets of rules for residents, being dogged and unmercifully harassed by Bonnie the President of HOA, an employee of Leleand Management's part in the harassment and bullying of residents by an ACB member are all part of what Tim and I have had to survive in 4 short months! The staring roll goes to the board and Leland for their lack of compassion and education on bullying and stalking when they asked us to accept the persons behavior, since they have, as merely "enthusiastic behavior". When someone follows another person in the street, on more that one occasion, around the neighborhood screaming at them ...that's unacceptable. They didn't see it as an issue. They need training on what bullying and stalking looks like.

Particularly disturbing for our family was being dogged by Bonnie, President of HOA here, for about a month. Numerous times she would contact me and say "you are ABOUT to break the rules and I don't want anyone to complain about you". Even standing outside the pool one evening telling me I was about to break the rules and be in the pool to late. She stood there the entire time, about 15 minutes, until I got out of the pool with my neighbor. A custom cloth car cover was the major point of concern. She told us it was against the rules but it wasn't in the Resident's guide of rules. She said it's in the official rules but would never tell us where they were. After asking other board members, neighbors, not one person knew what this "official set of rules" was or where it is. She would not tell us. I have the emails. I was afraid to leave my house since I didn't know when she would stop. I finally quit left my position as newsletter editor because the contact with her was traumatizing. All of this since moving in June 2016.

The President and Jackie at Leland management has asked my husband and I to step aside and accommodate the elderly, at the expense of our quality of life in here, when it comes to attending the board meetings or running for a board position because we work weekdays. Jackie Mullen, "They have done it this way for 25yrs and they don't want to change it" My husband was president of our HOA in an upscale neighborhood for over 6yrs. We are rule followers. Bonnie and Jackie at Leland have insisted their 3pm meetings must stand to accommodate the elderly and Bonnie the president will not hear any compromises. No Saturdays, no Sunday afternoons, nothing. They are excluding people who work during the week. Accommodating the elderly is not a problem, I've offered numerous times to be of help. Although no rules are being broken, being excluded feels offensive and the edict of "no compromise" doesn't make sense. And no one will answer me when I ask about a compromise for another day. I met with Bonnie, the President before moving in here. I was excited to help and volunteer. She acted very excited about younger people moving in. That seems to have all been a roose.

We moved in there hoping for peace since I'ma PTSD survivor. To be bullied and stalked by the people in charge here is unbearable. I've made my therapist aware of the activity in here. I don't want anyone else to come into this hell thinking they will find peace. 4 months of this and no end in sight is disheartening.

Is there any help for this or do I write that this is totally the norm and should be expected when moving in here.