LANWAN Professionaltheir placement program

H

Their so called placement program turned out to be them doctoring my resume with the key terms that placement agencies use. Most of the terms I did not know so I was told to do "Level 1 research on them". To these guys that means learn the terms. Then I had to post my resume to 30 top resume boards. I was told to post as if I lived in different cities across the US. One of the requirements is that I interview and be willing to relocate for my first job. This service costs $8000. Pretty steep for placement.

Every morning I had to get up and talk to recruiters. The goal was to control the entire conversation so they didn't figure out how much I did or did not know. Once I was scheduled to do an interview I was told to make sure that it would be on the phone. The reason they want you to do it on the phone is that you can look at your computer screen and quickly search out answers on the web. The point of this interview is to control the conversation and get as much information as you can. Then you take that and if called back for a second interview you use recorded notes. Yes, you have to do an audio recording of each call. This is a good method because you don't know how to improve if you cannot listen to what you did.

They will then put you in front of a guy they call a placement mentor. I was given a pretty cool guy who really helped me understand how I could improve on my interview skills. It did work...that is until I had to do the technical interview. Then I failed 5 times before I was given a job offer.

Eventually, I did get a job and now I have to pay for my mistakes. They charged me extra for services, they told be to come back to camp and charged me even more. They told me I needed to pay their guys to help me do my job. They told me not to send private info but to give them as much info as I was allowed so their team could tell me how to do the work. That part cost me $15, 000. I did not get my money worth there.

They talk slick, and they impress with food and numbers. They tell you about all the people who they have helped and boast that they have over 1000 members nations wide. I doubt they have more than a 100!

Comment Guidelines