La-Z-Boyleather recliners

M

We purchased 2 leather recliners in September, 2014. We paid extra for a 5 year warranty. In January, 2016, we noticed that the color was wearing off the leather on both headrests. We contacted La-Z-Boy customer service and were advised that they were out-of-warranty and that the extended warranty we purchased was for accidental tears, etc. when the service technician came out, he stated that he had not seen anything of this nature. He spoke with his supervisor, and their offer was for us to pay over $500 for materials to repair the recliners, with no labor cost assessed. These recliners were almost $3000. Total when we purchased them, and now...less than a year and a half later...they expect us to pay more! This is unacceptable. We, like many others, have owned La-Z-Boy furniture in the past, as well as other leather furniture, and have never had this issue. It appears that this is a manufacturing defect, and should be replaced at no cost to us. I have sent 2 letters to Mr. Kurt Darrow, with no response. Totally unacceptable from a reputable company?

• Li
    Linit Bearden Mar 05, 2018

Oh my. I was thinking about purchasing a lazy boy. After reading all these reviews I think it changed my mind.