ADVERTISIMENT

Kraft Macaroni And Cheeseturned to mush!

A Review updated:

What did Kraft do to their recipe? I bought a package of macaroni and cheese and each one turned to much when I cooked it. All of the noodles completely fell apart when I stirred in the milk, butter and cheese mix. It's disgusting. And it was all 5 packs so I know it's not user error. It's mac from a package for crying out loud! This is like EasyMac. I'm never buying Kraft macaroni and cheese again.

• Le
    Lewwoo Feb 17, 2021

Agreed! We bought a mega pack of Mac and cheese from Sam's club. We eat it a lot with fish during Lent. At first I thought it was my son's issue and cooking it too long. Then I went to make it. The water turned white then got really thick. In less than five minutes the noodles were cooked and mushy. I read about modified food starch being in it to keep the water from boiling over. Tonight I tried pouring it into a drainer first to remove and starch. Nothing came out. Then I rinsed it first and it got sticky. After a few minutes, it started getting a little mushy so I rinsed it in cold water and mixed the sauce in a separate pan. After mixing the two, it was still very mushy. The cooking pan was coated with a thick white "sauce" after pouring out the noodles before adding the sauce.

Comments

• Sh
    Sherri3812 Apr 04, 2017

The last 2 boxes of original mac and cheese that I cooked turned to mush also. Neither had expired and I only cook them 7 minutes (el dente). I don't know if I will buy anymore because I am on disability and don't have money to waste!

• Je
    Jessica Stroot Sep 04, 2015

Yes same thing has happened to me but only with the shapes. And it doesn't taste very good when it's all mushy

Comment Guidelines