Kitchenaid / Whirlpool Dishwasher — whirlpool model kudp02srss3 dishwasher
I have had this dishwasher for slightly over a year. The latch started popping open intermittently a few months ago. I was told by the authorized warranty repair company that there is a re-designed strike and door latch available. Obviously the design of the original latch has been recognized by Whirlpool as being inadequate.
In an instance like this, if a company values its reputation, I would expect them to stand behind their product and install the replacement latch at no cost to the customer.
Whirlpool refused to accept any responsibility. I paid the $206 cost to replace the old latch with the new model.
Based on the Company's response, I will never buy a Whirlpool or KithcenAid appliance again.
I would hate to be faced with a more expensive claim with a Company that has such a short sighted attitude and is willing to lose future customers over such a small item.
More Kitchenaid / Whirlpool Dishwasher Complaints & Reviews
- KitchenAid - us refrigerators sucks
- KitchenAid - rebate scam
- Kitchen Aid Crock Pot - cracked crock (inner pot)
- Kitchenaid Dishwasher - faulty design
- A & E Appliance Repair / Kitchen Aid - 4-attempts to repair a refrigerator - no shows
- KitchenAid - bankofamerica debit card
- KitchenAid - food processor
- KitchenAid - pecs team (product exchange customer service) team
- KitchenAid - fridge alarm won't shut off
- KitchenAid - blender broke for no reason