Kitchenaid Gas Cooktopcooktop exploded!

KitchenAid - www.kitchenaid.com

April 2007 the glass on our Kitchenaid gas cooktop exploded with glass everywhere. Our kitchen is 30' long and 20' wide and glass covered it. We contacted Kitchenaid and their response was we somehow damaged it. We bit and ordered a new glass top.

September 2007 the glass top exploded again. The stove had been turned off for maybe 5 minutes. Kitchenaid had the same response. I think they have a problem but if they ignore it, maybe it will go away. My wife just became furious with the idea it was our problem. I guess it is since they will do nothing.

The only good thing is our 3 year old grand daughter was not in the kitchen at the time it exploded as she is just the right height for the glass to hit her in the face.

We have since purchased a Viking 6 burner stove top with a stainless steel top. This is the only one that would fit the granite opening.

• To
    Todd N Jill Schrock Apr 24, 2017

Our Kitchen aid gas cook top exploded this morning. It is gas, model # KGCC506RBL01. We have had this cook top for 10 years with no problems, then all of a sudden when I turned the knob to light the front right eye, BOOM! The iron grates lifted, all the black glass shattered and small pieces flew around the island and on the floor. I did not smell propane gas before ! I did smell an electrical odor.
    I called Kitchen aid and they want to send a repair specialist out to see if it can be repaired. Are you kidding, after this horrifying experience I do not want to repair it. I do not even think it is possible as it is 10 years old!

Comments

• Be
    Belynda Tharpe Mar 11, 2017

Our glass top gas stove (kitchen aid) blew up this past Thursday. I had been using the front burner for a couple of hours and the rear burner (not in use) started clicking trying to ignite. When I turned on it worked fine for a while. Turned level from low to medium and took one step and it exploded! Glass flew 25 feet in all directions including my n my hair. Thankful I was not injured and was home. Their safety department sent a repairman. Are you kidding me????

• Bo
    Bob Dean Jun 07, 2016

Ours blew up last week. The repairman was here to fix a burner that wasn't working.
    He got it working. I came over to the stove to write him a check. He gave one last go-around turning each burner on and off to test it. When he got to the right rear, BLAM! Cooktop pieces everywhere! Phoro attached shows what we have now.
    How about a class action lawsuit against these S.O.B.s.

• Ph
    Philip007 Jan 03, 2013

Try gas cooktop as its much more economical then electric ones
    www.gascooktop2.blogspot.co.uk/