KirbyEmployment contract

U

I went for an interview after SMS my details to a number in the paper. It was advertised for R12000.00 plus comm per month. I was really excited as my fiance and I are both out of a job. I went for my first training on Wednesday last week. Carried on after most of the team left already. I was then called into Dirk van Niekerk's (office manager) office and was told that he would like to promote me to area training assistant/supervisor. I was so pleased as I am a very motivational person and thought somebody finally saw that. I got to work on Monday expecting my employment contract, not for a sales consultant, but for this senior position he has just asked me to do. I left it, carried on with training, got close to 50 leads for them and on Tuesday this week when I insisted on my employment contract, got given a normal sales contract and was told it is for Head office purposes so that they do not get into trouble for promoting somebody so fast. They insisted I sign my contract there and then and I refused. I took the contract home and found out why they insisted me to sign the contract there. There were ifs, maybes and buts as to the way you earn your R12000.00 which was impossible. I feel totally used, I was positive, motivated the other sales consultants and got them a lot of clients who are possible buyers. And I was congratulated on a sale, however I know I will not see that comm. Oh and there was some blonde girl named Lee-Ann who was supposidly Kirby's training spesialist who earns R65000.00 per month which is what she told us. She is giving Kirby a bad name talking about all the sex things which are done on the different trips to countries she has won through Kirby. I really do not think when Mr. Kirby designed his machine nearly 100 years ago, this is what he wanted.

• Tr
    Tryme!! Jul 25, 2015

i worked for kirby 10 years ago, i worked like a freakin dog, they promised me a so called gaurenteed salary and feul, and jack [email protected] was given to me.so dirk van niekerk, hopefully you guys treat your staff better and pay the guys their basic promised salary and feul allowance and incentives without begging and hope you guys are more proffesional, as a fortune 500 company you guys should be on top of everything and not make false promises... does not matter how long you doing it for, you can get cut at anytime no matter who you are, keep that in mind. Ps just look after the staff and pay them the salary you advertise and commision on the sale. Happy selling big man.

• Ha
    Hatfield Marketing May 08, 2013

06 August 2010, is when this "Complaint" was posted.

Hatfield Marketing would like to ad... any job will see potential in people and approach them at some time with a proposal to a potential advancement and to let the person know" We are monitoring you for_____ Position" It is up to the employee to be cautious and show Enthusiasm and Commitment show the company that He or She is Honorable and Trustworthy. At the end of the day being in business is the same as being in a relationship... A person doesn't on the first date ask a man or a woman for their hand in marriage, you get to know each other first, fall in-love & Bond... in business this is very similar. When approached by the company and you have been informed, it doesn't mean you are exempt from you current duties or you have now been "Offered" a better position...What it means is there is a chance for you to advance and the Company is watching your Character... "Show us what you can do" in maybe 2-3 months... this doesn't take "days" Just like getting married takes sometimes years!

It is with regret that we read this "Complaint" However you will see this person is very unreasonable and if he had taken the time to sit down with the Director of our company maybe a conclusion could have been made... but he or she decided not to do so... Is this now the fault of the Company? or is it merely a rebellious act with intent to slander us on the net? "I will Show You" Attitude? Maybe this is not the kind of person an employer would want in a business. Someone who has the traits of (Treachery, Slander & False Statements) who will twist the sane minds of fellow colleagues and cause destruction in a business.

A person always hears about unhappy employees... BUT what about unhappy employers? like maybe in this case?

The Kirby business offers everybody the same opportunity, it is up-to the individual what they do with it. Some work hard and become very successful business people like Mr Dirk van Niekerk and then you have some that feel the world owes them everything like in the above mentioned case... We assure you the unsuccessful people are the minority... but for those who put in the time and effort their success is set in STONE!

The Kirby business is a wonderful opportunity, and it may change your life for the good BUT Please know... you will not receive anything on a serving tray!! Handwork and dedication is required!

Happy Selling ;-)

• Di
    Dirk van Niekerk May 06, 2013

Dirk van Niekerk the (Office Manager) Its a pity that People do not come and confront a person upfront and have a discussion about what they are unhappy about, its to easy to go and post a negative report and the net and cause many years hard work and labor to fall at your feet just like that.. I'm Now the owner of Hatfield Marketing. Our office has been in business for more that 30 years... surly if we where so BAD and Dishonest we would not survive in the market place... we recruit and train over 1000 people a year for our branches. if you look at the odds shouldn't there be more that Just this one incident over the past 30 years??? What I have come to notice is that today's generation has no back-bone and they want everything on a serving tray!! They do not want to earn success they want to take it from someone ells or inherit it... hard-work is for old and stupid people... "I would rather sit at home and play games and watch TV" "My Parents can pay my bills" (As they have my education) WHY MUST I WORK FOR ANYTHING!!?
    Unfortunately the person who posted this "Report" was a cowered and didn't even leave his name or give me a chance to help or plead my case like responsible GROWNUPS do.

I apologize for those who have a distorted opinion about the Kirby company... I assure you this is a false report and the opinion of a quitter and traitor who didn't even work for a month to see the true end result of his writing!!

Marceline Marais Nov 25, 2017

@Dirk van Niekerk Hi Dirk.my name is Marceline and I had the exact same experience working for Jane at absolute promotions.I have experienced the exact same nonsense as the person who layer this complaint for Jane pieterse.since 26/09/2017 I have still received no salary from her.You say u own your branch for 30 years yet mike claims he and his brother are the longest standing for 27 years.come on man.I know this persons complaint is the truth so you can cover up no.

• Mi
    Minnor Oct 23, 2010

I've been working with Kirby for about a month and the office I signed up with has been very supportive with me. At first, I was skeptic, but as things went on, I felt like I could do really well. Also, I think you're mistaken with how much people were making a month. Not even our top sellers make 60000 a month, it's not possible.

When I signed up, I got told that if I did 60 demos in a month, I'd get 2000+. If any of those were sales, and the commission was higher than the contract agreement, I'd get the commission instead. The reason you're having trouble is probably because of the people in your office. In the Southern Cali offices, we don't have problems like that.

Also, we can't sell Kirbies any other way. The man who invented Kirbies stated in his will that he didn't want any media advertisement for the Kirbies. Corporate will not go against that wish.

I do agree that the divisions need to be more careful with who they hire and promote, but I don't think that it's fair to those trying to make an honest living with whatever job we can find to be lugged in with those jerks. If you have a problem with an office or division, go to corporate about the problem and they will do what they can.

• Ro
    Rockinronno Aug 06, 2010

Ya I agree...Kirby is a good product but some people have taken over and I`m sure Mr. Kirby is turning in his grave. These people are really scummy. Their prices are way out of line as well. There is plenty of reading on the internet about Kirby...I insist anyone even thinking about working for this company let alone buying one, read up!!!