Kenmore Elite / Sears Dual Fuel Oven — stove caught fire
We purchased a Kenmore Elite 40 in. Dual Fuel Range Model 790.75503 when we built our home in 2006. My wife was getting ready to put cupcakes in the oven when there was a loud pop, flash, and then flames! It blew a hole in the heating element burned for a short period. The stove has been taken care of and in like new...but now we cannot use it at all besides the little side oven. We have a 3 yr. old and a 6 mos. old. I cringe to think what could have happened if my wife would have been upstairs or another room with my boys when this thing decided to malfunction and catch fire. I have Googled the problems and it makes me sick to see that Sears is aware of these issues and also the house fires these stoves have caused and refuses to recall them or take responsibility. We keep the breaker turned off unless we need the side oven to try and make supper. I paid big money for this oven (which we saved for to buy) and now can't afford to buy a new one. If I would have had any heads up to the problems we would encounter, I would have never bought it. When it comes to the safety of my family, I am very defensive! We cannot even leave the breaker on because I read that they have turned on by themselves. This scares me to death!! We are supposed to host Christmas at our house this year, but it looks like it is not going to happen with no oven to cook.
Sears, PLEASE be the reputable upstanding company you claim to be and stand behind these ranges before it claims a life or leaves any more people homeless!!!
More Kenmore Elite / Sears Dual Fuel Oven Complaints & Reviews
- Kenmore Oven - beware! don't burn your house!
- Kenmore / Power Miser - sears's faulty product
- Kenmore Refrigerator - kenmore refrigerator causes house fire
- Kenmore Elite Trio Refrigerator - no cold air in freezer
- Kenmore Elite Dishwasher - do not buy kenmore products!
- Kenmore - kenmore elite model 795.74043.412
- Kenmore Vacuum Cleaner - vacuum keep shrading the belt
- Kenmore - discoloration between burner and stove top!
- Kenmore/Whirpool Refrigerator - liner getting cracked in less then 2 years
- Kenmore Whispertone Canister - hose replace