Keiser Universitynursing program

I was not aware of the prior complaints in regards to their financial practices, but was referred to this school by an on-line financial aid service. I consider myself fortunate not to have gotten involved with this school, but that was only due to the requirements of their nursing program.

Apparently, they do not accept credit from any other higher learning of institution for their nursing program, whether from a school here in Florida or elsewhere. They have both a two-year and a four-year program in nursing and you are required to take all of your courses there. Of course, I found that to be totally unacceptable. I have NEVER heard of a school that did not accept ANY college level credits from another accredited school. It sounds like they are more interested in making money than anything else and forcing you to pay for classes you really do not need.

The only other place I have heard about that is bad in terms of not being about to get money back on tuition is SCTI in Sarasota, but that's another story.

Goes to prove - don't waste your time and money on private schools. Go to well known, well established state schools instead, even if they are out of state.

• Rn
    RNforme14 Dec 15, 2012

First of all, Keiser does accept educational credit from other institutions of higher learning. I have been to 3 other schools. I also have education from the military. Based on that, I only had to take 5 gen ed classes as opposed to 12.
    As for the TEAS test...It is not a test exclusive to Keiser. Most schools I looked into required this same test. I passed mine on the first attempt. There is more than enough time for each section of the test. I even had enough time to go back and check questions I was a little unsure of. I bought practice guides from a bookstore, studied while I was taking a full load of classes at another school and did just fine. Oh, by the way, I haven't had a science class in 20 years so it couldn't have been that hard. This test is evaluate your basic knowledge and ability to comprehend information and simple instructions. I am not trying to offend anyone but the nursing field is not meant for everyone. You really have to think about the lives that are in your hands. You have to be able to evaluate a situation, think quickly, and take the best possible decision at any given moment. Some people are just not cut out for that.

• Ri
    risssa Nov 28, 2012

TEAS test is taken at a lot of schools. It measures your entry level skills, and basic knowledge in different subjects. I took it. I didn't feel it was difficult.

• St
    stephalina6 Jul 12, 2012

That TEAS test is not from Keiser - you take the same test for majority of the community colleges and state universities.

• Ar
    argenminican Jul 08, 2012

This school is crazy!!! I was trying to get in for the Nursing Program and good thing I didn't!! Their entry test, TEAS, is ridiculous!!! What the hell was that!!! I studies my behind off for over 2 months! I have been a 4.0 student and never EVER EVER EVER failed a test in my life!!! First, the time given for the reading and English is not fair at all!! Reading all of those damn paragraphs and then answering stupid questions... what in the world does that have to do with wanting to become a nurse?!!! The Science section... A JOKE!!! I don't want to become a Scientist or a doctor, just a freaking nurse!! How about questions that involved the reading from the book that people are told to get for practice? That would be nice! Not! All sorts of stupid questions! I hated it the test and I don't think they are fair about this at all! Now that I am done with them, I think the school just wanted to collect money from people TRYING TO PASS this stupid test. I don't think any of the students in my group passed!!! A lot of mad looking faces! Discouraged! This school should be SHUT DOWN!!!