Keiser University in Jacksonville, FLunfair terms/fees

B

First off, their staff pressured my daughter into enrolling. The staff told her all kinds of mis information. She originally wanted to enroll in Physical Therapy. They told her they will have it soon and she should do Nusring or Occupational Therapy and just transfer, when Physical Therapy comes...My daughter kept emphasizing she wanted to do Physical Therapy! We came in one Saturday for a tour(which we never got around to) & about registration information and etc. They asked her to start the following Monday, to go to class 2 times a week. My daughter took the testing and supposely passed them all that were given. We asked about Financial Aid and etc. They informed us they would take care of that aspect on the following week when she was to start classes. We were a little uncomfortable about the whole situation & how it was handled from beginning to end. My daughter just graduated this year(June 2009), she was/is unemployed. They told her she would need to get a job to pay for Tuition and take out a loan. They also told us we would have to take out a loan to help pay her tuition, which they approved us for to use toward our daughters tuition, without out consent. We refused the loans of course. We explained to them, that we were trying to get out of debt, not get more into debt! The following week(WK 2) the financial guy had our daughter come in to sign another form that she will pay $50 to start that same week, every month, without our permission. We started getting all kinds of broken & unruly requests at this point. My husband & I set up an appointment at this point, we were trying to understand the why all of a sudden nothing was going as planned & promised. Long story short, we decided to withdraw our daughter out of Keiser University. They now claim we owe them approx. $16oo for withdrawing our daughter! We also found out from the Dean's mouth(the same day we were to withdraw her) that our daughter was not enrolled in the class she supposely had enrolled, that she was put on a waiting list until March of 2010... This has just been a very bad experience! My daughter went a total of three days in two weeks. She went the first week, two days, then the next week, that Monday, which she had her first test & scored a 98 on the Test, we withdrew her. Then they were so unorganize when we were trying to withdraw her. They claim they never had any one to withdraw & didn't know what to do. They gave us several different figures that we owed them. We had put $200 down, not refunded. We had paid for a new book, unused, they wouldn't take it back and refund as well, another approx. $120 we lost!!! To all the readers, please do your research, ask questions, write every word & answers down, who gave you the information, date & times as well. We hope and pray no goes through this situation. On top of that, the staff was very unprofessional, which topped it all off!! This was a costly mistake, however it is a lesson learned, who I do business with!!! Thank you for listening!!! Have a bless day!!!

Signed,
Check your resources twice

• Lo
    LookinforEducation Apr 06, 2011

Wow Bejoyful...I am sorry to know this all happened to you and your family. People never really stop amazing me. I am very thankful you took the time to post this. I was looking for a school to help my nephew get into. They advertise peramedic training, so I wanted to look into Keiser, however I was feeling a little iffy about it. Your post was very helpful. I'm curious, has your daughter had much success in enrolling in another school?