Kay Jewelers — mislead!
While taking my engagement ring for repair, I spotted a pearl and diamond pendant and earrings set perfect for my upcoming wedding in August 2009. I asked how much the set cost and the salesperson looked and said $600. I must have looked disappointed as she quickly added that if I was interested, I could put the set on lay-a-way and then purchase the set during an upcoming "VIP" event where I would get a discount of at least 30%, perhaps even better. Doing some rapid math calculations in my head, I decided this made the set affordable. I was quite surprised when I put $80 down on the set and discovered that when warranties and other charges, the set was now closer to $800! However, I was once again assured that a fabulous discount would be offered. I was actually excited the day of the VIP event and really looking forward to picking up the set. However, even with the $80 lay-a-way and so called big discount, I would have still owed $589!!! Stunned, I told the salesperson to put the set back. To Kay's credit, they did refund my $80 - but I was heart-broken over not getting this set which would have looked perfect with my wedding dress.
More Kay Jewelers Complaints & Reviews
- Kay Jewelers - fraudulent company
- Kay Jewelers - ruined engagement ring
- Kay Jewelers - switched diamonds
- Kay Jewelers - they are the worst
- Kay Jewelers - lieing sold us sterling sliver thinking we purchased white gold
- Kay Jewelers - terrible customer service!
- Kays Jewelers - customer service
- Kay Jewelers Polaris Mall Ohio - switch stones
- Kay Jewelers - lost gold diamond pendant
- Kay Jewelers - poor customer service