Karplus Warehouse Logo

Karplus Warehouse

Having problems with Karplus Warehouse?

Karplus Warehouse reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 18, 2007. The latest review used car sales was posted on Apr 24, 2016. The latest complaint Fraud Dealership was resolved on Jul 29, 2011. Karplus Warehouse has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 8 reviews. Karplus Warehouse has resolved 4 complaints.

Karplus Warehouse Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 9:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Karplus Warehouse Customer Service. Initial Karplus Warehouse complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Karplus Warehouse above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Karplus Warehouse. Discuss the issues you have had with Karplus Warehouse and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Karplus Warehouse Complaints & Reviews

Karplus Warehouseused car sales

WARNING*****KARPLUS WAREHOUSE PACOIMA*****WARNING

I know I told them I will not give them a bad review, but after thinking about it, I owe it to you, the consumer to know that there is not a SINGLE deal at KARPLUS, the whole operation is just a schism, mainly by the BANKS to get you into debt with something below average.
On April 21 2016 my mother and I arrived to KARPLUS in Pacoima around 5:30pm, after having received a large hard paper advertising with a key on it, and inflated words of their great sale with the possibility of wining a free vehicle and other prices. The add was impressive and it looked expensive.
My mother has Alzeimer’s confined to a wheelchair, and I try to get her out often, so she will feel not confined at home all the time. KARPLUS been close by, and the possibility of a free gift, guaranteed to everyone who comes by (A Walmart gift card with no money on it).
To shorten everything, we drove off on a 2013 Chevrolet Sonic LT for $10, 000 and a $5, 000 financing from an unknown bank, for I was not told. I did not check everything more closely, for I was concerned more for the wellbeing of my mother, Finally at home at 9:30 pm and having taking care of my mother needs and put her to bed, I was able to go through the contract and attached documents, and something did not look right.
First, I looked up the value of the vehicle at KPP, and the price found did not match or came close to what I have paid for the vehicle, I started getting angry, for having been lied to about a honest good deal I was getting. Second, I looked up the vehicle, after going out and taken pictures of the manufacturer information on the vehicle itself. It showed as been manufacture in 2012. But it was sold to me as a 2013, so I looked up the same vehicle, and I found the same VIN number for sale, at the same place where I bought it for $8480.00. I started to look through all the paper work I had, and made copies of it all, front and back. I was sold a manufacture vehicle in 2012 as a 2013 vehicle AS IS, I had signed my waiver for a contract cancellation, and the CARFAX stated 2012 manufacture as history and now as a 2013, been on a major collision, several repair jobs, making the vehicle as a bellow average and deducting $1000.00 from any sale value. I was SCREWED. This is not right.
I started doing more research that led me to the CA Vehicle Code and CA Business and Profession Code.
Just the fact that they have sold me the same VIN# vehicle for a higher price than advertised, gave me the opportunity to return the vehicle. I found they have broken several sections of the Code, by not providing a copy of my credit record, not having offer me a cancelation contract, and most important, having sold me an advertised vehicle (same VIN #) at a higher price.
I had a chance to return the vehicle and get my 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier back, that was given to them as $1000.00 down toward the purchase of their vehicle. I did not go to sleep, all the time was used on reading and printing.
I arrived back at KARPLUS WAREHOUSE at 11:45 am and showed them the copy of the add I have made showing the same VIN# vehicle plus a $200.00 gas card with the sale of the vehicle. I knew for what I have read, that the current contract was not valid and void.
They told me, not to worry, for the mistake on their part, that they will honor the add. There was no sincere apology, and no mention of the gas card on their offer to honor the add. I refused and told them I wanted my car back.
They will not let you research the vehicle while there, they will not tell you the vehicle price until the paperwork is done.
After much discussion, and me pointing out at the letter of the law, they agreed to return my vehicle, provided I give them $500.00 cash, as stipulated on the cancelation contract, that I was never offer. I said no problem. I went home, cashed my Tax return, and added $40.00 toward it, and went back.
I was held hostage for over 5 hours, while my vehicle arrived, during that time they tried very, very, very hard to get me to buy a vehicle, not even offering me a sweet deal because of their screw up.
As I walk through their lot waiting, I notice that none of the vehicle I looked at had a sticker price, all of them had a monthly payment, letting me know, that they can manipulate the final price at their advantage. My recommendation if you go to KARPLUS WAREHOUSE in PACOIMA for their grand sale is: RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!! There are no deals there. Only a GARANTEED trip to more debt.

Karplus Warehouse Inc.Deposit on discovered UNSAFE car!

These people are terrible, and are willing to put teenage drivers in unsafe non roadworthy cars... Only after a lot of persuading on my part I made them check the car before I picked it up, low and behold it was deemed unsafe and they were unable to sell it to me, thankfully I have some car knowledge and knew what to ask and what to look for in a decent car.
    Now after being on the phone all day and passed around they are refusing to give back my $1000 deposit unless I go in there, by the way is an 1 hour round trip. Unbelievably obnoxious and rude, maybe they don't like women who have some car knowledge??

Karplus Warehouse Inc.Awful Company, Awful Humans. Run for your life.

I bought a Toyota Prius from this awful establishment. I'm shocked they are in business to be honest with you. I'm going to post some pictures below that basically sum up what you get when you buy a car from KarPlus Warehouse Inc.:

-MOLD INFESTED (Undisclosed)
      -FLOOD DAMAGE (Undisclosed)
      -TRASH FILLED
      -DIRT RIDDEN
      -WRONG SIZED & UNMATCHING TIRES/WHEELS

It's disgusting how this place operates. My souls screams at the thought of the existence of this place, these people, and how they treat, lie and deceive good, hardworking, American people.

Frankly, these people need help.

Awful Company, Awful Humans. Run for your life.

Karplus Warehouse Inc.Unethical. Shady. Lemons.

*PURCHASED UNDER 2 MONTHS AGO*

*NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS*

I would never purchase a car from this place or recommend it to friends.

This is the 2nd time I've had to write a poor review, even after they "FIXED" the original problems with the car.

DIRTY CARS:

-Karplus sold me a car that was so dirty that I had to request Karplus do ANOTHER complete detail after I already paid $100 for a pro detail (after paying $13k for a car).

UNETHICAL ADVERTISING:

-Karplus does the bait and switch.
        -They put expensive rims on the car in their picture then swap them with lowest possible quality when your on your way to test drive and tell you they were just hub caps when you get there (if your quick enough to catch their scam). After realizing the scam they pulled (after buying it) I asked the manager, Ken, to please put the proper/advertised rims on the car. They only agreed to do it because they needed my car (2 months after buying it) because they didn't properly do the smog check. Great, I'm finally going to have a clean car that was advertised in the picture. I wish it was that simple.

TOOK MY CAR AND RETURNED IT BROKEN

-Karplus had to inconvenience me after buying it so they could do a smog check because apparently they don't do what they are suppose to do to a car before you buy it.
        -Two days later I get the car back. 3 rims match. 1 doesn't.
        -TIRE PRESSURE INDICATOR ON
        -Karplus took my car. Put 4 wrong sized, non-matching TIRES on my car causing obviously an imbalance in the air pressure and the light to come in (that a mechanic had to point out to me with concern)

Well guess what dealing with Karplus gives you:

FLAT TIRE ON PCH FRIDAY 5pm!!!

NO SPARE TIRE IN CAR EITHER :)!!!

Karplus Warehouse — Fraud Dealership

Karplus WarehouseHIGHLY RECOMMENDED

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ANYBODY TO BUY A CAR FROM KARPLUS!! Most especially to those people that has credit challenged. I myself bought a car from them and made it a great buying experience regardless of my credit.

• Ji
              Jim Rod Dec 28, 2012

For this unhappy buyer, I myself is an owner of a truck from karplus that I purchase 7 months ago. I maybe lucky enough to have purchase so far a reliable vehicle. I came from a long way in Ventura and have to arrange transportation to come to karplus. Prior to that I have done my homework by checking reviews and availability of this specific truck that I am looking for and the best option was that of Karplus inventory. I arrange for one of my friends who lived near the dealership to check the vehicle for me and I was lucky enough that he was a mechanic as well. After a go signal from him, transaction went well and smooth. As my experience, I hope that every buyer should do necessary research and mechanical checkup before buying. One step would not hurt your buying process. Trust me you will be the winner at the end.

• Ni
              ninnabi Jul 29, 2011

Wow, what can I say about this place other than I have filed complaints against them and Karplus Warehouse with every State and Federal Agency there is and will taking them to an Unlimited Civil Court Case. They are currently being investigated by the Department of Consumer Affairs for major violations. Friendly? Nope, not at all! The general manager Robert Baghoomian stated "She is the least of my concerns; if she wants to take me to court then so be it, we have lawyers that will rip her to shreds". How disgusting is this? I gave Karplus Warehouse $7000.00 down payment CASH for a nightmare piece of crap Nissan Armada. For crying out loud the vehicle did not even have a horn; which of course is a safety mechanism and a violation of State Law. If I was you I would take my money, family and run the other direction. Just because you might think they are the last resort, well there are other options. If anyone has ever been "screwed over" by Karplus and Sun Valley Auto Care, they are more than welcome to contact me and I will include you in a class action lawsuit against them. Corporations like that should NOT be allowed to take advantage of consumers like us. BTW the owner of Karplus Ali Modarresi not only owns Karplus but Discount Finance and Sun Valley Auto Care. Talking about really getting one over on you!!

• Wr
              Wronged by Karplus Feb 18, 2011

I was potentially the owner of a vehicle from Karplus. It was suggested that I hired an inspection company to check out the vehicle for me since I live in Idaho and the vehicle is in California. The Inspection report indicated that the vehicle was in good working order, but the inspector was not able to check the function-ability of the tow apparatus due to safety reasons by their associate. I was assured in e-mail by the Credit Manager that the tow apparatus worked and that the Store Manager "will guarantee it if it does not work". So I secured the financing and a buyers agreement was initiated. I wired a deposit to hold the vehicle until I could make it to Pacoima the following week and my financial institution was on board to wire the full amount once I reached Pacoima and finalized the deal. I booked a one-way flight to arrive early to make sure that the deal would be completed so I could being the return trip home the same day. Two days before I was to take ownership, I was contacted by Karplus that the tow apparatus was not functioning (as promised) and that it was going to cost a lot to get it working and that their plans was to return the vehicle to the auction placed they received it from. I was not given a chance to make a decision with regard the matter, they simply stated that the vehicle was no longer on their lot and that they would return my deposit. I requested information of where the vehicle transferred so I could possibly deal with the auction place, but no one had any clue and everyone was very evasive. In my numerous phone calls to Karplus, I've been told that the individuals that I wanted to talk to were busy and the messages left for a return phone call, most were disregarded and I would have to call back, in fact I am still waiting to hear from someone right now. I gone so far as requesting to talk specifically to the owner (whom I found this individuals name) to no avail. I advised anyone looking to deal with Karplus to watch yourself. I've purchased 10 vehicles in the last six years and have never been treated as wrongly as I have with Karplus. Their poor customer relations and the fact of breaching a contract contradicts their slogan of "Where the Circle of Trust Begins"

Karplus WarehouseContract

karplus sold me a car without being officially approved by a bank, then 2 wks later they said i needed a co-signer. i couldnt provide one so they requested that i take the car back, which i tried to do. Then they said i was lying and so was my mom about having to take the car back. They mistreated me and got me approved by a bank that I didn't want to go with and right now they are still trying to find more banks, despite the fact of me not wanting the car anymore (especially after being mistreated by them). I called and even the sales manager from Pacoima, Ca. hung up on me over the phone. I already filled out a complaint with consumer affairs in downtown L.A. I would not recommend to anyone in buying their vehicles or doing any kind of business with them. They are currently trying to force the car to be mine...

• Ha
                Hassan M Aug 22, 2014

Karplus screwed me and my wife and sold of a piece of crap that had problems the next day we took it home, now the car won't even go past 20 miles an hour and they are telling us "do what you have to do"...I want to be apart of the class action suite against Karplus, who must I contact?

• Ni
                ninnabi Jul 29, 2011

• Ha
                Happy Buyer Jul 19, 2009

I disagree, I purchased a car from karplus 5 months ago which i financed, after 2 days the salesman called me and told me that i need to come down to finalize the paperworks. I was at first upset of the situation why would i have to come back? Anyways I came down the next day and to my surprise th finance manager told my my rate was lowered and my payments went down. They even gave me a free car wash.I was so very happy. He explained they always find a way to give buyers the best deal from the lenders. I guess its normal that sometimes there are adjustments from the lender or a deal wont go thru.

Karplus Warehouse Inc. — Friendly warning - DO NOT buy your car from them!

Karplus Warehouse Inc. www.karpluswarehouse.com I bought a car from Kar-Plus the end of March. I have had so...