Kaprukamake a complaint about the rude & unprofessional customer service

I would like to bring your attention of the poor service that I received from your staff at Sri Lankan outlet. My mother's 50th birthday was on 18th of May & I ordered a cake (CAKEFAB00100)
Flower basket & B'day Candles
My order was confirmed on 16 th of May as mentioned above.
Please check the other documents as well. It was agreed that the products to be delivered in 18th of May. I simply arranged the birthday party of my mother with few invitees in the evening of 18th.Everything was perfectly arranged for the party except the birthday cake which was scheduled to be delivered with your company on time.
In the evening of 18th we went my mother's place in order to celebrate her birthday. When I went there your company has already arrived & they have delivered only candles and the flower basket.
Actually it was a surprised present for my mother which she ever had. When I saw the presents not only my mother, I too surprised. What a shame ! there were only candles and the flower basket.
The Cake was not there & it has missed. I was shocked and I rang up the customer care hot line [protected]) which was appeared on your web site.
The call was answered a person named Mr.Chef (we believe that is his name) He had no knowledge about the products and orders. He was too rude while talking.He told me that he can't do anything as a help he will send another cake within 30 min to our residence. He too told me that the cake was cheaper than the cake which I have initially ordered. Now the time is around 08.00pm. Even after 45min the cake was not delivered.
Again I rang up several times as I was clueless on that time. Mr.Chef answered and he took a very aggressive tone with me at first and when I argued my point he started to shouting me. When I asked him to transfer the call to his senior he refused to do and he bang the Call.
Now the time is around 09.00pm
We have been put too much of considerable inconvenience throughout the situation. Mean while my husband went to buy another cake & he could hardly found a small cake as most of the shops were closed at that time.
At around 10.00pm when the celebration was finished one man called to me that he was informed me that he is with a cake. Finally he was able to find our residence. He was a tuk tuk driver (Taxi Driver) like street boy bring us a cake. The cake was totally different from the Cake which I had originally ordered. The boy who delivered the cake had not any legal document. He was wearing a short and a tea shirt.
Is this the professional delivery system of your company? Just want to Clarify.
The best thing was the company people has given my personal mobile number, my mother's personal number and as well as our home address. They have given him a hand written paper with our numbers.
When we do online purchasing we give our personal details as a matter of Trust/Respect to your company. We believe on you . At this stage they have sent our personal details to unknown persons.
In one of your document you have mentioned as,
" At Kapruka, you can shop with confidence. We use the latest encryption technology, digital certificates, secure commerce servers, and authentication to ensure that your personal information is secure online. "
Is there any online secure after giving our personal numbers to unknown persons, ?
That was the second unprofessional part of this deal. I found this behavior (giving personal numbers to unknown persons) was exceedingly unprofessional & this behavior was caused us great deal of inconvenience. This service is definitely below the standard we expected.
The other un professional part was they took such a long time around 16 Days to refund my money. First half of the money they refund after we call them. & the second part still not received. Please check the other attachments as evidence for this. Totally they should refund US $41 but they have refund only US $22.
This situation was very disappointing. If your staff don't like servicing customers questions don't let them to answer the phone as because this is not the great way to treat customers as a great company.
I trust this is not the way of well known company wishes to conduct the business with the customers & we hope you will choose your staff wisely to service your customers well for the long haul.
Those kinds of behaviors will definitely bring down your good name in the future & such un professional service was not expected from a reputed company like yours.
Hope those kinds of unfortunate incidents will never happen to the daughters who would really like to treat their Mothers' well. As the time they have spoiled can't get back and can't give an exact value for that!

make a complaint about the rude & unprofessional customer service

• Pf
    PFernando May 10, 2018

Hi
    I ordered a cake online to be delivered outstation for my sons birthday on the 8th May of this year. I paid the money thru Cargills food city. cost of the cake and the delivery charges. As it was not delivered on the day I ordered and there were 2 missed calls, I tried to contact the number several times, but failed then suddenly I managed to get connected and a girl spoke to me but the call was disturbed and couldn't here any dam thing from my side. I tried the next day i.e on the 9th May and same thing happened. After trying for so many hours a male answered the phone and as usual the call was disturbed and with difficulty I managed to speak and he asked me for some number and I told him to hold the line for a second, then when I reached he has cut the line.

I sent so many e-mails regarding same and there was no respond up to now, . I am so disappointed and so dissatisfied of your poor service. This is the first and the last, I will not recommend your service to anyone.

Please refund my money back as I don't need your service any more.
    my customer care ticket no. is 35008