Kansas City Power & Light [KCP&L] Logo

Kansas City Power & Light [KCP&L]

Having problems with Kansas City Power & Light [KCP&L]?

Kansas City Power & Light [KCP&L] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 22, 2011. The latest review Abuse of Power/Lack of Common Sense was posted on Mar 28, 2020. The latest complaint power outage was resolved on Jan 16, 2019. Kansas City Power & Light [KCP&L] has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 35 reviews. Kansas City Power & Light [KCP&L] has resolved 7 complaints.

Kansas City Power & Light [KCP&L] Customer Service Contacts

+1 816 471 5275 (Customer Service)
+1 888 471 5275 (Customer Service)
+1 800 344 7233 (Kansas Line Location Service)
+1 800 344 7483 (Missouri Line Location Service)
+1 816 701 0363 (Builder And Electrician Inquiries)
PO Box 418679
Kansas City, Missouri

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Kansas City Power & Light [KCP&L] Customer Service. Initial Kansas City Power & Light [KCP&L] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Kansas City Power & Light [KCP&L] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Kansas City Power & Light [KCP&L]. Discuss the issues you have had with Kansas City Power & Light [KCP&L] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Kansas City Power & Light [KCP&L] Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

KCP&L — bill

my father had a house in missouri that he rented out to a lady and she had a big bill since my mail was going...

KCP&L (Kansas City Power & Light)the service all around!

Crazy to me how they can immediately shut power off no warning one day and as soon as we pay the full balance they find it humane to take as much time as possible like a whole day and a half to restore power . This is the 2nd time this has happened dealing with this horrible electric co I have a 7 year old daughter just as quick as you can turn the power off with no notice you'd think they could do the same thing once the bill is PAID IN FULL !!! no payment arrangements because they've never heard of such thing!!! It's 2016 I remember living in DE. On the east coast 10 years ago having my electric being cut off as soon as I called to pay the bill not even an hr later my services were connected no problem. Where in the hell is this co from where they cant restore power on as soon as the full bill is paid. To have to wait a whole 24 hrs + come on!!! To make matters worse its the only electric co available so sad. There should be options so people don't have to deal with this kind of cruelty! Abusing there control of services. Disgusting!

KCP&L (Kansas City Power & Light)bill not correct

This is my 1st bill and I know I didn't use this much electricity I have checked with neighbors and then research on this apartment the reading is wrong and I am requesting a new meter because it is broken and they keep telling me the meter is fine I need help because this first bill is incorrect and it will stay and correct as long as the meter is wrong

Kansas City Power & Light (KCPL) — "transferred" charge on my current bill from 10 years ago.

I am a liver transplant recipient surviving on Social Security Disability Income of $990.00 per month and...

KCPLcustomer service

These people have no interest in the customer. As others have mention, I had my power disconnected and paid shortly thereafter but they would not reconnect until the next day...not even make an attempt to do so. The customer service people are arrogant, I guess one would except with a monopoly. I'm going to get rid of my thermostat which lets them control power during the summer. They do nothing for me, I do nothing for them. It's companies like this which makes Bernie Sanders look like a good candidate

KCP"L — scam

Summer 2014 - KCP&L claims a meter transponder malfunction caused under reporting of electricity usage for an...

KCPL — address and residence

KCPL put me on my brother account cause I used his address for my mailing address, I have been homeless for 2...

Kansas City Power & Light — will not restore power, but bill does not belong to me

My husband and I assumed my great aunts mortgage before her house went into foreclosure, due to health...

KCP&L Electric — turned off power

I missed my payment of 104.00. Apparently they left it off to pay current charges and not apply to the back...

KCP&L — overlooked

Hi my name is Bobbie Shull I started taking care of my disabled father back in 1995 and I have never had thi...

KCPL — horrible customer service

After falling on hard times I got behind on bills lights gas rent even food. I received a disconnect call...

KCPL — customer services

This company has the worst customer service ever!!! They don't care!!! Got to big and think they can do or...

Kansas City Power & Lightauto

I was on autodraft with KCPL. This month I had some unexpected expenses come up so I called in before the draft date to see about holding it until Friday when I got paid (2 days). When customer service answered I was informed they send the payment drafts to the bank 3 days prior to the draft date and there was nothing they could do. They wouldn't even go to billing to ask if it could be held. They wouldn't connect me to the billing department either. They just said, "There is nothing I can do." The Customer Service Supervisor even went as far as to say, "I don't know why you don't get it." What I didn't get is why I was being strong-armed and why a couple of days is like asking for the moon. I do not believe there is absolutely nothing they an do. Autopay is sold to the consumer as a convenience but in reality it is just a way for KCPL to have direct access to your bank account and remove the consumer from the picture. If I were paying my bill with them manually I would have had the convenience of paying the bill a couple days after the due date to accomodate my budget if needed. When I signed up for autopay I didn't realize I was going to be pushed out of the way so they could just dip into my account regardless of what I, the consumer, have going on. I was under the impression I still had some control. I guess that isn't the case. Now I get to pay the bill and the extra charges from the bank.

• Tr
            TristanZ Jul 31, 2013

When you give any company access to your bank account by automatic withdrawal you have given over control of your money. They can make a mistake and wipe out your entire account. Then it's up to you to fight for your money back. NEVER give control of your money to anyone. Pay your bills yourself online. Don't trust anyone. Learn that lesson and you will not be taken advantage of or screwed over by any company.
            Second, automatic payments cannot be stopped quickly. You should not be upset with KCPL. Be upset with yourself for having unreasonable expectations. That is why you pay your own bills and never allow any company access to your accounts. Got it? It takes around thirty days to make a change to automatic payments. Weeks at the least. Now you know this. You agreed to let payments be taken out yet you get angry when a company can't rearrange the world at the last minute to suit you.
            I don't work for KCPL. I'm just a responsible adult who is tired of having other "adults" blame their problems and poor decisions on others. You are responsible for you. The world does not revolve around you or your "unexpected expenses". Get an emergency fund together so "unexpected expenses" will not become a life altering event.

• Do
            Dominique99 Apr 26, 2012

I THINK IT IS A SCAM I RECIEVE THE SAME LETTER AND SENT IT OFF THEN LOOKED UP THE ADDRESS AND THIS POPPED UP WHAT A RIPOFF

Kansas City Power & Light (KCPL) — billing

I have never had electric service with this company before. I have never called them until 2 days ago to get...

KCPL — this utility company sucks

KCPL opened a new account for me and did not send my bill to the correct address. We waited and called three...