JTVbait & switch

F

After placing an order for a beautiful Morganite ring and several other Moissanite items was surprised to find all items in individual small plastic zip lock bags in one small box. There were no individual boxed items. The order total was $1, 500.00, and packaged like dollar store merchandise. The Morganite ring was not what was demonstrated on the TV. It was returned the following day with the shipping label and comments section filled out completed as directions dictate. Included in the return envelope was a handwritten note with my account number, name, item number, order number and description of item received not being what was ordered. ( They never mention receiving the note) The big gaudy ring was returned to me, did not want it the first time, now it was here again.

There were many calls to customer service, the order was never sent to my email at time of placing order, or receiving the return. I did find they had changed my email address, and that was corrected. Was told a supervisor would call in forty eight hours. When Ann called after a day or so, she promised to call the following week, on Monday. When that did not happen, I called and after a twenty minute hold, she was on the line. She relayed there needed to be a letter stating why I did not place a call on the phone stating the item was wrong item. There are no instructions to use the phone. She had forgotten to return my call, and placed me on another long hols time. Travis was the next supervisor to come on the phone, he was going to sent another return label.

This purchase was on 08/17/2014, the call with Travis was on 09/11/2014, the label came on 09/18/2014. It should be noted that Ann and Travis both said a dispute with JTVPreferred account would only delay a refund, however,

JTVPreferred account gives you thirty day to file a dispute. Copies of transactions went to credit company by fax and hard copy.
My last communication was a call from last Friday from Jessica Andrew and she has promised to call me back on Monday, ( tomorrow) and says she found the ring I received on a website, wanted to know if I shopped from this firm, which I never have.
Wanted to know if people stole my mail, ( who would steal mail and exchange an item?), Bottom line, I received the wrong item and there was nothing I could do. Nnw, I used a 20% discount that was credited to my account for returning merchandise JTV sent me that I did not order and was not charged for. It took two calls to get a return shipping label, so they do make mistakes. On second call, was offered to buy items at half price, had no desire for them at any price.

I am in hope this will be worked out and JTV will credit my JTVPreferred account for the $642.00 charge. AT this moment, I have no ring, and they are not giving a refund after a month and a half. Somehow this seems all wrong.Be aware of what can happen! I have enjoyed purchases for years from JTV, as I have been making jewelry since the 1950's. I hate to lose this relationship, however, this is to expensive and time consuming.

• Updated by Frances Arnold · Feb 03, 2017

It is ok that you do not like Moissanite. Don't purchase! It is not acceptable to call Charles Winston a crook, if there is no proof, you did not share information to document that. Your calling me a fool for buying, could be correct, but for wrong reason. My complaint was for process of completing exchange, and JTV did correct that.
    There is a lifetime warranty on every Moissanite sold at JTV. It offers a free replacement in original mounting against, lose stones, cracks, scratched stone, and loss of brilliance. This is for life at no charge. Moissanite is not a diamond simulant, it stands alone.

When you call someone dishonest and can't substantiate the charge, you can be held responsible for their loss of income. Personally, your writing does not inspire me against a purchase, can't see how it would affect any sound minded consumer. As for Winston being fake, have you been fortunate enough to visit the Family Jewelry business where you must be buzzed in? Perhaps you saw the beautiful diamond donated to the Smithsonian . That is some fake!!! I love Moissanite for just what it is, the compliments are many and I enjoy sharing my positive experience.

Should anyone care to give me Moissanite, I would feel so fortunate. Did purchase a 7.3 DEW oval ring before Christmas, it was not as expected and was returned. Loved the style, would try again when one comes along that has the fire and brilliance I've come to expect. Mistakes happen and you move on.
    Moissanite is beautiful, that is my concern. Fran Arnold

• Le
    Leni Gignac Feb 01, 2017

why on earth people buy that moissanite is behond me .. that charles winston is a crook and sheister, he rip you of in a new york minute, and he has, ..believing that fake talk of his, what charles winston peddles is nothing but cheap trash . for costum jewelry, it is a man made plastic concoction.. worthles and valueles, and by buying that junk you never paid any attention to his fake and phony talk . his first fake talk . a meteor landed on this planet . millions of years ago . he doesent know when . he went gor some of that and put it in his moissanite, people never read that was plastic . there was nothing written what people could read about an meteor, , i wrote a lot about that crook and sheister charles winston and his fake moissanite, , the sales went down, so he had to come up with another fake story. . that dident work iser, the sales went down, the last fake claim he made up about that trash moissanite beats them all . a man by the name of moisan invented that moissanite, , , what a crook and sheister that charles winston is .. check up 100% what that trash is, before you jump from the frying pan in to the fire, it is plastic.. a man made plastic concoction, worthles and valueles,

• Fr
    Frances Arnold Jan 12, 2016

There are some beautiful items sold on JTV, and I have many of them. Have been making jewelry for fifty years, purchase many findings through JTV. My concern is the Moissanite I returned was switched at JTV with a less expensive stone and the blame placed on me. It is frustrating that there is no way prove it, they are a big company. On the other side, I have not touched the stone they sent to me, so someone who handled it may have left their print on it. I have never seen the stone they returned to me, in my entire life, that I can swear to in a court of law.

• Pu
    punkys Jan 12, 2016

junk pure junk, and please beware that they all fake

• Pu
    punkys Jan 12, 2016

junk pure junk and fraud