Joann Fabrics — joann's policy
I special ordered 4 yards of drapery fabric (Robert Allen manufacturer). When It came in there was 4 1/3 yards. Joann's policy is to cut off anything over what was ordered and keep it for themselves. They then sell the fabric as a remnant, which is 100% profit for them. The manufacturer has the right to cut extra fabric at their discretion for the consumer which should not be any of Joann's business. Joann's has no monetary investment in my special order and is not giving it to me for free, the manufacturer is the one giving it to me. I fussed with the store manager about this but his mentality was if I didn't like it tough! I have always hated Joann's with their inferior fabric and their imported junk. I could see what was coming when they went across the country, years ago, buying up most of the fabric stores. I will do my best to not patronize this chain. Their staff is underpaid and overworked. Have you done your research? If you check prices at other stores and compare them with Joann's you aren't really getting the discount advertised. Their regular prices are higher than other stores for the same item so your coupon isn't really what you think you're getting. My wish is that as consumers we had the backbone to stand up for our rights and stop shopping at this chain. We deserve better fabric and better customer service.
More Joann Fabrics Complaints & Reviews
- Joann Fabrics - thiefs 
- Jo-Ann's Fabric Corporate Offices - customer service - corporate culture 
- Joann Fabrics - very rude customer service 
- Joann Fabrics - rude employees 
- Jo-Ann Fabrics & Crafts - can't unsubscribe from email list 
- Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores - no one available to work the custom framing department 
- Joann's Fabrics - lack of products 
- Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores - fabric department customer service
- Joann Fabrics - poor service - management 
- Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores - hostile irrational shift manager action towards mall security.