Jasper52product and shipping scam

C Jul 03, 2018

Do not buy from Jasper52, I will try to do an unbiased review however I cannot recommend Jasper52 to anyone, their products are amazing and prices are great, but the thing is it is not worth the risk and you will be scammed out of more more than you need to give them, in my opinion Jasper52 is essentially eBay with less security. If you do purchase from Jasper52 make sure you find out the actual shipping costs for the items you buy as you will be overcharged.

I will give quick reasons as to why you should never do business with Jasper52 and will explain these reasons in more detail after if you want to read on to find out more:

- I have made four purchases from this site and so far every single one has had a problem

- You will be overcharged for shipping so that Jasper52 can take more money from you

- You may not receive what you paid for

- The company is comfortable with lying to customers which leads me to believe that their products may be fakes and replicas, the fact that individual sellers send you the products means that it is impossible for Jasper52 to guarantee you authenticity

- You will be going back and forth with customer service with little progress (however they will act as though they are doing everything they can) and most likely won't get your problem resolved the way you would like, they also seem to ignore certain emails as I have requested a refund for my overcharged shipping 7 times now, it also took them two weeks before they told me that the sword I paid for had already been sold to another buyer

- I have also read multiple other reviews where people say they pay for an item that Jasper52 doesn't possess and Jasper52 will reply saying it is a mistake and they didn't know. I paid for a sword, but they didn't have it so I got a refund, then they put that same sword up for auction again, ok so maybe that was a mistake, but the lot passed and then they put the sword up for auction again?! and not only that, I have contacted them countless times to tell them that that sword should not be up for auction, but they won't take it down, when someone pays for that sword then what? They simply just couldn't care less.

The low prices and good looking products is how the site is still active, I have made excuses for them myself to convince myself to continue to buy from them since I like their products, eventually I needed to realise that it is not worth the risk, the site is essentially a less secure copy of eBay, they couldn't care less for their customers and it is impossible for them to guarantee authenticity since they don't possess the products being sold and they will overcharge your shipping more times than not. The fact that I am someone who really wanted to buy from them, have made excuses for them myself to convince myself to continue buying from them and even told them I was planning on being a customer for a long time, yet have decided to never buy again, shows how badly this company treats its customers.

If you go onto their "no" reserve gemstone auction you will be charged an extra 10 dollars for each gemstone because they supposedly can only do separate shipping for each gemstone even though they all come from the same place.

So for example lets say you buy 10 gemstones each 2 dollars, so you have to pay 20 dollars plus 15% premium and a shipping price which isn't too bad right? Except Jasper52 will request you pay separate shipping for each gemstone, so thats 100 dollars for shipping suddenly, I haven't paid it but judging by experience I imagine the items will be shipped together anyway since they were for my mother when she bought some gemstones and paid more than she needed to for shipping. Shipping an envelope from India to France is less than 10 dollars, lets say with all the stones together the shipping is 15-20 dollars, that means Jasper52 or their seller has just stolen 80 dollars from you. So instead of adding a 10 dollar reserve or even indicating that each gemstone must be shipped seperately they decide to do it in the most deceptive way to try to scam customers that aren't careful about what they pay for.

BIGGEST PROBLEM: Keep an eye on their shipping prices, they will overcharge you every time in order to make more money, if you do purchase from Jasper52 I advise you get in contact with whoever the seller of your product is and find out the actual price of shipping because 9 times out of 10 you will be paying more than you need to. THIS IS THEFT… (proof of this problem below)

You may not receive what you paid for: I have paid for a sword and received the wrong sword, when I asked them to send the right sword they told me it had already been sold to another buyer. I saw that sword again up for auction the next day, the one I paid for, so I told them to take it down if it had been sold, they told me it was a mistake, but they didn't take it down. The lot passed luckily, after some time I accepted the wrong sword with a discount and once I accepted the wrong sword they put the sword I paid for up for auction once more. Kind of strange to me that they could make the same mistake twice, either they didn't want to sell me the sword for so little so they decided to lie to me and break the law, or they are selling products on their site that they don't possess.

Sellers come first: I have had a seller sell me a product they don't possess yet the seller received no consequences for that, but when I am charged 40 dollars for 10 dollar shipping and I refuse to pay I am then declined from multiple auctions. I have spoken with the seller of the items and they were happy to ship the gemstones together in one single package, but Jasper52 insisted that the seller would only be able to deliver us the gemstones separately, again, more theft.

The items for sale that they claim to be authentic can easily be replicas, the reason being that if they do in fact even have a professional review the items, the items are then sent back to the seller, meaning that the seller could send authentic items to get evaluated and then when a customer pays they send them a replica, there is no way that Jasper52 could prevent this, this could be what happened with the sword I paid for as I didn't receive what I paid for and got one that was a little bit similar. Even if it was Jasper52 sending the items out directly, I'm not even sure i would trust that the items are authentic as they have seemed to be comfortable with lying to customers.

SERIOUS SHIPPING PROBLEM PROOF: I have been charged 40 dollars for 10 dollar shipping as I have said above at the request of Jasper52, this was the first time it happened.

I then paid for a diamond from Canada, paid 40 dollar shipping and when the diamond arrived luckily it came with an invoice in the package. the price of the diamond and the price of shipping which was 15 dollars, so overcharged by 25 dollars, its not even overcharged by a few dollars, they just try to take as much as they can. The fact that the company I bought the diamond from included an invoice with the actual shipping price listed shows that Jasper52 knew they were overcharging me and only paid the sellers of the diamond 15 dollars and kept the rest for themselves, this is a premeditated scam.

The second diamond I paid for is even worse, the shipping price listed as 35 dollars to America from Belgium and prices to other countries was unlisted, living in France, a neighbouring country to Belgium I obviously knew that the shipping would be cheaper to deliver to France than America, however when I received the invoice Jasper52 tried to charge me 90 dollars for shipping. So somehow a 7, 500km delivery is 1/3 the price of a 750 kilometre delivery.

I obviously refused and requested a normal shipping price to which they apologised and said they don't know why the seller requested such a high shipping price and charged me 35 dollars for shipping instead. I don't believe their lies anymore. I believe the 90 dollar shipping quote came directly from Jasper52 and the nerve that they have to still charge me 35 dollars for shipping after I point out their scam is unbelievable, shipping from Belgium is no more than 20 euros, I imagine it will be 15 euros. I will be getting in contact with the seller of the diamond and the shipping company to find out exactly how much the shipping was and then I will update this review.

RESOLVED

Marked as resolved as I was trying to find a way to delete the review, the review was written in anger right after Jasper52 had caused me lots of problems so the review is exaggerated, I have informed complaintsboard that the review is inaccurate and written out of anger, however they refuse to remove it, I believe that you should not trust reviews on complaintsboard as they are obviously more than happy to have reviews that are untrue displayed on their site.

Manfatoo Manfatoo Oct 20, 2020

I have been examining supposed Viking, Roman and Medieval Jeweller being sold by Jasper52. The low prices are always a red flag with ancient jewellery, as is the absence of any provenance. I have been dealing in and restoring ancient jewellery for over 20 years and can say, without hesitation, that 100% of the ancient jewellery items for sale by Jasper52 are modern Bulgarian and Ukrainian fakes. Fakes from these countries have been flooding the market since around 2000 (although probably earlier) and they are easily distinguished from the real thing by their unrealistic styling, fake patina, lack of real wear marks, consistency of manufacture, weird sizes and the fact they all seem to have a "restored gilded" surface; you can't restore a surface that never existed. I haven't seen a single item on Jasper52 that I would consider to be authentic.