iYogiForced to buy product

I was having trouble with my Windows not finding my anti-virus software on my computer, so I called Microsoft to get help in troubleshooting my problem. They transfered me to what they called their tech support and I then found out it was something called Iyogi.

They told me that they couldn't help me unless I bnought this program and used their tech support I told them that I didn't have the amount of money that they required for their assiatance. They first told me that it would be bewteen $100.00 and $200.00 dollars for them to help me. I was ouraged, then they told me about their touble shooting program and it was only $139.99 for a year of unlimited tech support, I told them I don't have that kind of money, I live on Disability, then they told me about a plan for two years unlimited that was just $249.99. I said, "You're kidding right, I just said that I couldn't afford $139.99, now you're trying to force me to buy something even more expensive?" Also they screwed around, kept putting me on hold and cutting off my connection, using up over 120 of my valuable cell minutes.

That took place on April 5th, 2010 and today one week later, they took $139.99 out of my checking account. I was "hot", I called them and told them I wanted my money back, the guy that I talked to ask me what was the problem why did I want my money back, so of course I had to go through the whole story again, about them forcing me to buy something I didn't want. I told him flat out that they are crooks and I want my money refunded. He told he'd do it. but I can only get $80.00, not the total $139.99 that was taken from me. I ask him why I can't get the whole amount back and he told me that the remainder was a service fee. I asked him why, because you didn't give me any service I figured out the problem by myself.

Well, of course he just said that he couldn't do anything about it. I just couldn't get it back.

I'm just letting you all know that Iyogi are crooks and you'd be better off to ask a friend to help you with your trouble shooting or to figure it out yourself, unless, of course you havemoney that you don't mind throwing away.

• iYogi's response · Jan 12, 2011

Dear Melissa 888,

We regret that you had a bad experience. iYogi endeavors to provide the the highest level of service and we would like to take the opportunity to investigate this incident in further detail.

Please provide us with your full name or subscription ID and the date of this incident so that we may delve into it in detail and get back to you with the actions we have taken to improve our services. if you have any unresolved issues, we'd be happy to resolve those for you as well.

If you wish to reach us directly then feel free to write in to [email protected]

• iYogi's response · Jan 20, 2011

Dear Mari-k,

We are sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. We constantly endeavor to provide the Great Tech Support experience for all our customers and we feel your feedback is very valuable.

We take remote access of a user's PC only to resolve their issues and with prior approval. Please provide us with the subscription ID or your full name and the date of this incident so that we may investigate and help resolve your issues.

Also please provide us with the name of the Norton representative who called you.

We want to resolve your problem and would appreciate the opportunity of providing feedback to our representatives.

• iYogi's response · Jan 21, 2011

To everyone commenting on this forum:

We apologise that you had such a bad experience with us. We really appreciate your feedback and we wish to use the information to improve our services.

Please provide us with specifics around your cases like your full names or subscription IDs, date when you called in or the week, the names of the representative(s) you spoke with, if you can recall it.

As a company we are very high on integrity and the specific information you can provide us will help us to investigate each of these incidents and keep you updated with the actions taken.

• iYogi's response · May 13, 2013

Dear username "Kentusm2",

We hope your issue with iTunes has been fixed as per your expectations. Incase you need further assistance, please share your account details at iYogicare[at]iyogi[dot]com so that our Active Response Team can reach out and assist you accordingly.

• iYogi's response · Jun 11, 2013

Dear username ic_jay,
    We are extremely sorry to hear about your experience with us. We take feedback seriously and would like to investigate the incident that you are reporting and resolve it in the best possible manner, so request you to email us your iYogi details on [email protected]

Thanks

• iYogi's response · Jul 19, 2013

Dear Wolphman,

We are sorry if you have had any bad experience with us. We would like to inform you that iYogi is one of the leading remote tech service providers in the world. We possess a BBB rating of A and a customer data base of over 3 Million. We strive to achieve complete customer satisfaction.
    We take feedback very seriously and would like to hear your case. So, request you to send us your iYogi details on [email protected] so that our dedicated team can look into it.

• iYogi's response · Aug 21, 2013

Dear customer,

iYogi is a leading Technical Support provider and is accredited to BBB with a ‘A’ rating. We are sorry to hear that your technical issue was not resolved up to your satisfaction level. We take all feedback seriously as it helps in our endeavor to continually improve our services. We request you to share your account details at iYogicare[at]iyogi[dot]com and our Active Response Team will get in touch with you at the earliest to assist you.

• iYogi's response · Oct 07, 2013

Dear username “scuba2x2”,

We are sorry to hear about the aggressive selling experience you have faced. As you have been receiving promotional calls even after requesting to stop them, we would like to investigate this and ensure that you do not receive any more calls from iYogi. We request you to share your account/contact details at iYogicare[at]iyogi[dot]com.

• iYogi's response · Dec 06, 2013

Dear username Sarame,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. We take feedback very seriously and would definitely like to investigate the matter and also help you with the issues you are facing. We request you to send us your iYogi details on [email protected] so that the needful can be done.
    Thanks

• iYogi's response · Jul 17, 2014

Hi Msft tech,

You've made some very serious allegations and we request you to substantiate them. Please send your proof to [email protected] and we'll take the appropriate action to improve our services.
    iYogi may not be American but it is one of the largest support companies with 2.5 million users and a BBB rating of A+ in the USA.

We await your email substantiating your allegations.

• Jason Wilson2 Sep 27, 2014

Have you seen the COMPLAINTS on www.iyogi-complaints.com?

There are literally HUNDREDS of complaints showing 1 star reviews of this service. I had to look forever to find a single positive review. EVEN if I found a positive one, it sounded like it was written by the company themselves!

I do not trust them. Look for another trusted service. Preferably one that is based in the United States. It is better, in my opinion, to support companies that are located here in the States, versus overseas scam companies.

The company we checked out is known as SafePCFix and they warranty and guarantee ALL of their work. They also helped me get a refund from iYogi for unused service. That was good, because it helped pay for the new service from WWW.safepcfix.com

Comments

• Jason Wilson2 Sep 27, 2014

Have you seen the COMPLAINTS on www.iyogi-complaints.com?

There are litereally HUNDREDS of complaints showing 1 star reviews of this service. I had to look forever to find a single positive review. EVEN if I found a positive one, it sounded like it was written by the companie themselves!

• My
    My FBI Jul 31, 2014

Just watch out for this guys at Iyogi, They will ask to remote control your computer, and browse thru your bank account. By the time you realised, all your $$$$ are gone. Don't let this indian guy fools you.

• Ms
    Msft tech Jul 07, 2014

Let me give a little sensible advice. I am a Certified Microsoft technician. I work with a USA based tech support company. I have on many occasions had to inform folks of the damage that iYogi had done to their computers. I have had to spend many hours repairing the corruption, damage and yes... Infections caused when good hard working people have allowed iYogi to access their PC.
    OK... Now listen carefully… there are a number of good and reputable PC tech support companies IN THE USA!!! Companies that are real. Companies that do excellent, competent and thorough PC repair. I'm not going to say that all off shore support is a scam. Some do quality work. However, many are scams that are virtually stealing your money. So, what to do... What to do. Seems simple to me. DEAL WITH AMERICAN BASED COMPANIES ONLY!!! Most are quality organizations with REAL money back guarantees!!!

• Bj
    B. J. Jun 22, 2014

Like everyone above, I was caught by the same scam ... I called, asked for help to make my printer respond correctly, and a lady named Priya, in India, worked for 3 house to fix things. She SAID. Considering that after al of her work it still did not work. Great.
    PLUS - she spent the whole last 15 minutes trying to talk me into purchasing he usual technician cost of anywhere from $1100.00 to
    $300.00. Fortunately, I made them unhappy because I wanted time to think about it before purchasing, but I did get her to hang up.
    But then, when I went back to my program which was not working, and it STILL is not working. That figures, now that I have read all of those complaints. I hope some day these scam artists are put out of business. Disgusting. Thank God for the better American technicians, those who are honest. I will avoid any like the iYogi kind. .

• Ri
    richard11111 Apr 06, 2014

I have been reading every ones comments on this matter I to I am an Idiot I have their service and its crap. Maybe I will end up taking the computer shop and having it wiped cleaned. I just got scam into putting windows eight point one on my computer hard telling what they will do next..

sarame Nov 22, 2013

I contacted Iyogi when I was looking for Apple support. My young son had wrecked my files so I couldn't access them. I spoke to Iyogi and paid £200 for a year subscription. I did this as the support time had run out with Apple as my machine was 18months old. . Iyogi did fix my problem by remote access. I called them sometime later where I had another problem, again, they fixed it, but tried to get more money out of me by extending my subscription, even though I'd only taken the subscription out a few weeks before! I called them again this morning and was kept on hold for TWO HOURS! I never did get to speak to a 'consultant' I went beserk, and being an international journalist I was persistent. I called customer services and told them that I was not a subscriber and wanted to purchase a subscription. I was put through straight way!!! When I spoke to the person and told them who I was and why I was calling I was besieged by a barrage of lies. A couple of examples, I was told that the office maybe closed even though they say they are a 24 hour service! I was also told that it was Friday and they were extra busy because it was coming up to the weekend!! I have now lost total confidence in Iyogi I have told them in no uncertain term that I do not trust them and will no longer be requiring their services. Since then I have looked at the reviews and am horrified to read other peoples experiences. Little to late - I know! I am now really concerned that I gave this company remote access to my computer. The wrap this up, I now feel that I have to take my machine to Apple and have all the Iyogi software taken out the machine and to make sure it's safe. Thus, costing even more money! Simple, I should have gone to Apple first! I have a bad feeling about this company... AVOID if possible!

• Sc
    scuba2x2 Sep 28, 2013

I also have a complaint about iYogi. From Day one they pushed me HARD to buy a more expensive package- i bought a a year package of support for 150$ in Oct 2012 ...i never used them again. somehow in 2013 Sept WITHOUT my permission thewy started to call me and do the Hard sell for renewal and to buy more products. I was turned off by their tactics initially and said no- they then to my suprise commented on my iphone version.
    I have never had the dock on in the year that has passed nor have I given them permission to view my account!! what is this??
    How do they know what version my iphone is on?
    I asked thast they not call me again and told them i wasnt interested any longer...
    since then i have received 4 more calls for iYogi- each clainming to be my account 'manager' and STILL trying the HARD SELL!??
    this companies tactics are deplorable and I pity anyone who feels they have to work for them.
    I have told them that their tactics are not met well in the US but clearly it is not just the US - they need to be shut down by the Better Bussiness Bureau or something they epitomize what bullying sale tactics and a 20% face time (5/7 call resulting in a sale). The sad part is that their ppl are very skilled - that's just not the issue it is the company tactic- and THATS who needs to go down.
    Never again/ spread the word...they will not leave you alone! I have had to seacrh my resigstry to get rid of any instance or reference of them and the next call I get I will no longer be bussiness polite.
    Grade: F-

anything goes Aug 16, 2013

Well it looks like the Nigerian inheritance scam is now competing with a new contender from India. I too have system woes that began with a wireless router that would not connect. The router does have four ports so I was able to connect to the Internet looking for online help from the manufacturer of the device. During my search, I apparently tripped over a link that led me to iyogi website and was sucker punched into accepting their offer of fixing the problem for me; but for a price. I am with a handicap that rendered me almost completely sightless so I have vision issues and did not see the fine print beforehand.

Long story short, I asked them to fix my problem and after a few hours of being on the phone with them, it became apparent that the so-called IT professional was doing other things along with resolving my issue and was becoming further apparent that this guy either didn't know what he was doing or he was trying to pull a fast one. He kept saying no problem no problem in Indian accent (who by the way was very difficult to understand). When I began questioning him about this and that and what he was doing and for what purpose, again he said "no problem no problem guaranteed no problem"to which I was beginning to wonder if that is the only English he knew; but after a few hours of his broken English and my bewilderment, the problem was finally resolved.

I suppose I got lucky by comparison when I learn from this reading that other people have lost a lot more than I did; my expenditure for this experience is thus far $129, that afforded me two fixes and for $60 more, will afford me the luxury of being subjugated to their unlimited services for an entire year. Yippee; a whole year of being screwed... I don't think so. Other problems came out that persisted and now the original problem came up again. I think I'll just cut my losses and go to Microsoft.

I have two words for iyogi;
    NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Wo
    wolphman Jul 18, 2013

Note for everyone send your complaints to the Better Business Burea about iYogi. Maybe we can all shut them down. I filed a complaint this morning. They are headquartered in New York.

• Ic
    ic_jay May 29, 2013

So I agree with every bad thing everyone has said about iyogi. It is the biggest scam. And yeah, I could take legal action or maybe I'm just dumb when it comes to computers. iyogi seems to get pissed off because I don't know every internal working of my computer...well, that's not MY job. I would take legal action against iyogi for the $350 they basically stole, but my life (like many others) is incredibly stressful and barely keep my sanity from day to day. and I just don't have the time to deal with going to court or whatever I'm supposed to do. I just might snap. I'm only saying this because there are some people saying to go to court, and that one lovely iyogi guy who said Americans are just idiots. Sorry man, but again, knowing computers is your job- not mine (I'm a writer, not a computer genius). Either way, I can't wait till I get a Mac, cause then I'm gonna get a baseball bat and a lot of lighter fluid and have some fun with this monster Dell that iyogi has managed to mess up so badly. I think I'm going to put a video of me killing the Dell on Youtube...that's how much I hate all this iyogi and computer virus crap. iyogi can say what they want, but actions are stronger than words and they really screwed me over.

• Ke
    Kentusm2 May 05, 2013

I used iYogi last night to transfer all my computer data from my old computer to my new windows 8 computer. I used PC mover and needed a great deal of help. I knew that my old computer was in very bad shape. it was freezing all the time and the blue page came up several times a day. The transfer did take a long time, but it turned out very well. It did bother me when they took control of both computers, but I also have very very difficult passwords and changed them often. Plus I am always in my financial accounts several times a day and check those figures everyday. Plus my financial account vendors contact me when anything unusual happens to any of my accounts. The service I received was vey helpful and very professional and the transfer went very well. Yes, I too signed on for the $169.00 service, but I now have Windows 8 and will be calling them a lot for help learning Windows 8. The big test will be tomorrow when I call them. I tried to listen to my iTunes tonight and it would not run... So, I will call them tomorrow and find out why it won't run and will ask them to fix the issue. We'll see if I start to receive my money's worth. If I ever have any difficulties or iYogi surprises, I will report back in Capital letters.

• Ho
    Howard F Gemperline II Apr 21, 2013

Give Abdul a 10 for his help with me today

• Ho
    Howard F Gemperline II Apr 18, 2013

IYOGI saved my bacon and I will re-up my subscription every time it is due to be renewed. At least I can get someone I understand, who is insightful and knowledgeable of the issues. and I don't have to spend endless hours searching for patches and fixes in every direction. I pick up the phone, call, and I am instantly provided with live help and an online technician takes over my computer diagnoses the problem and fixes it in most cases in less than a half hour. Now BEAT THAT!!!

• Ab
    Abused by iyogi Feb 13, 2013

I just got off the phone with the manager. While on the phone, I asked him to stop yelling at me. He changed his tone but, kept up with high pressure sales of an upgrade. I told him I wanted to wait until I saw how my computer worked and to please call back in a day. He would not do that. So, I finally said no after the work was complete and he no longer had control of everything on my computer. When I was first, on the phone with the tech she clicked on photos to ask which one I was. So, now she knows what I look like and has my personal information. I highly recommend no one uses this abusive company that has the ability to see anything on your computer.

• Ny
    nypcdocs Dec 22, 2012

I do not work directly for iYogi but more of a sub contracted tech. I've experienced the complaints from their customers stating their prices are extremely high and their service, lacking. I make it a point when I perform the few calls that I do on their behalf, that my work super-cedes their reputation, not so much to make them look good, but more-so on a personal note that the customer will refer me or request me if needed again.

• We
    weblinkservice Dec 04, 2012

iyogi repair those small issue which anyone with simple computer knowledge can resolve.
    But they charge very high.
    If you have any issue regarding your pc you can mail me at [email protected], I mail you some step by following that step you can resolve those issue by yourself...without spending a single penny from your pocket.
    " Trust me it is very easy".

• Mi
    Mike Nichipor Nov 23, 2012

This I yogi group is a total Scam and joke. They sold me a 3 year we cover all warranty, and then kept pushing me to buy PC's printers and software upgrades. When time came to get help with a Printer and a PC, all I heard for 3 hours was bull shift rom a foreigner, who could've even speak English why they couldn't help me. I cancelled everything and on
    Ygptbackhalhmy money, but the aggregation is gone. Run away and never use this group or their ### hole Rag Heads. All they do is take jobs away from deserving Americans!, f*** You I yogi.

• Ba
    babygloria Oct 20, 2012

iyogi is the biggest ripoff who consider themselves experts they are polite while this stealing your keys product numbers and asking you to give them good ratings wake up America and smell the coffee you wind up with a torn up computer that never really function right

• Re
    Really_88 Sep 27, 2012

Feel bad for anyone who got ripped off. They are doing this new thing now where while they have access to your computer they take you to bestbuys website and show you how thei Geek Squad service is something like $350 and than tell you they can fix it for $170. I had a virus and have been using Norton for years. this is the first time i needed help and got some [censored] from India who was trying to make a sale instead of helping a paying customer of over 5 years. SO much for Norton, they can keep Iyogi and I wil be switching to avast as soon as my subscription expires in a few days.

• Ca
    Cathie Williams1959 Jul 12, 2012

I am totally shocked to read the complaints about Iyogi. I've never had a problem with them. Each time my pc would need fixing, they would always take care of the job in a timely fashion leaving me as a satisfied customer. These guys are ALWAYS patient, courteous and competent. If they problem was to much for one to handle, their senior would take over. I've had Iyogi for two years and never have I been unsatisfied. If there was a disconnection, someone would always get back to me promptly. Iyogi Technical Support is superb. I always give these guys a 10 on the survey and recommend a raise for the Techs to make their services better. I'm really shocked to read all the complaints.

• Do
    dominique2u May 26, 2012

well they always come in and clear my viruses out my computer... but they do make me wonder sometimes about how and what they do and why the price is costly i can i suppose understand why because they have to manually clean the corrupt files and through norton or mcafee... or maybe hmm

• Mi
    mikegoodfellow Apr 19, 2012

I have spent the past hour+ on the phone with iyogi being transferred from here to there to somewhere else, each person telling me they wil be the last. I have repeated my printer problems ad nauseum, ad infinitum, and am very frustrated. These people have absolutely no concept of customer service whatsoever and seem to enjoy being a pain in the backside. It took online support plus conversation with several people before anyone with any brains would get on the phone.

johnzski Apr 06, 2012

WOW, I do not know what else to say, what an experience, I wish I found this site before i contated Iyogi. 3 Hours and 99.99 later, they say they can not even fix my problem and i should just contact microsoft. I got irrate, after 3 hours on the phone and another hour on hold, not to mention explaining my problem to a bakers dozen of customer service, supervisors and tech support . WOW what a mistake of a company. Finally after refusing to be transferred again and not hanging up or turning off my speaker phone i recieved my refund and was done with this company for good...

• On
    One mad chick Jan 26, 2012

My friend called I yogi thinking it was a number for Kaspersky. I was trying to find Kaspersky's phone # on my pc and she said here, let me give you all the Kaspersky #'s and took my pc from me and made me write down the phone #'s. I only had her help me so I could do her a favor. She called this I yogi thinking it was Kaspersky and gave them my e mail address and BAM, THEY WERE IN MY PC BY REMOTE ACCESS JUST BY GETTING IN MY E MAIL!!! tHAT IS HOW EASY YOU CAN GET SOMEONE IN YOUR PC, SHE ENDED UP LEAVING BECAUSE THEY WERE TRYING TO MAKE ME GIVE THEM OVER $300.00 SO THEY COULD FIX MY PC WHEN THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT. SHE TOOK OFF AND LEFT ME ON THE PHONE WITH THEM AND I TOLD THEM THEY WERE NOT KASPERSKY AND THEY WOULD JUST SIT THERE IN SILENCE BUT STILL WANTED $350.00, I GOT INTO AN ARGUMENT WITH THEM, TOLD THEM I AM UNEMPLOYED AND HAVE PERSONAL MEDICAL INJURY'S AND I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY. I NOW HAVE MY PHONE MAKING STRANGE SOUNDS EVERYDAY BECAUSE OF THIS. THEY ARE GETTING ON MY LINE AND BACKING UP FILES AND DOING LORD KNOWS WHAT ON MY PC, MY HUSBAND HEARS THEM ON OUR LINE AND WHEN I USE THE PHONE THEY ARE ON MY LINE EVERYDAY ABOUT 2 PM. SHE NOW NO LONGER CALLS ME OR TALKS TO ME LIKE I AM THE PROBLEM. I AM SMART, I DID NOT NEED HER HELP, YOU KNOW HOW YOU JUST WANT TO MAKE YOUR FRIEND FEEL LIKE SHE IS SOMEONE SO YOU LET HER DO SOMETHING FOR YOU SO SHE FEELS GOOD ABOUT HERSELF? WELL F*IN DONT DO ANYONE ANY FAVORS. I JUST BOUGHT THIS PC AND NOW SHE DESTROYED IT. IT NEVER WORKS RIGHT ANYMORE AND IT IS LIKE SOMEONE ELSE IS ON IT ALL THE TIME. THANKS, EVER SINCE I MET HER A BLACK CLOUD HAS BEEN HANGING OVER ME. I HAD A FRIEND LIKE THAT BACK IN HIGH SCHOOL. SHE MADE SURE I GOT DRUNK THE NIGHT BEFORE THE S.A.T. TEST SO I WOULD NOT HAVE A HIGH SCORE FOR GETTING INTO COLLEGE.

• Mb
    M Burgess Dec 09, 2011

I have not personally been scammed by iyogi, in fact they have helped my business. I am a certified PC Tech with over 20 years experience. Recently I've gained 3 new loyal customers after I cleaned up the mess caused by iyogi on their machines by their so called technicians who believe you fix any problem just by running a few malware scans using a remote assistance connection and deleting a few files. After making sure they could not access these machines again and do any more damage I proceeded to fix the problems that iyogi was supposed to fix in the first place. (And alot cheaper) They were actually simple software conflicts that any experienced user should have been able to correct quickly. I had not heard of iyogi before this but I've seen plenty of companies in the past that do the same thing. I just hate hearing about people being scammed by people like this that spend their hard earned money for a service that is never provided. The people you speak with at iyogi are not real tech support. They are just salespeople pushing their products.

• Pr
    ProudToBeAnAmerican2011 Dec 08, 2011

O AND PLUS DID I FORGET TO MENTION, THAT THEY ARE RATED AN F!!!

YES...RATED

F

BY THE BBB!!!

NOW THAT RIGHT THERE SHOULD SAY SOMETHING!

• Pr
    ProudToBeAnAmerican2011 Dec 06, 2011

TO: Stefen gates (or stephen), Graham23, grahambill, Iyogi Technician, iYogi, addy the magician, Two Thrones, techn174, zadoo86 (which are sorry [censored]), you call us Americans dumb...you call yourself Technicians...if you are technicians then, I must be GEORGE WASHINGTON!!! O WAIT...THAT'S A LOAD OF HORSE ###, JUST LIKE YOU ALL ARE!!! The majority of us Americans know not to fall for dumb scams like that. And you wonder why so many of us hate (well dislike) you people? Hey guess what, I'm not no tech but i sure as hell can spot a scam quick and this one is def a SCAM!!!

All you do is pray on people's money and don't give a fu*k about it.

I will be glad the day comes when your so called gig goes out of business for good...then we smart Americans will have the last laugh!

Get your head of your ### and stop acting like your ###, because YOUR NOT!

I had someone from that sh*tty company called me like a few months ago, and i just bought my new desktop ( my brother pretty much had my laptop with him so i gave it to him) and within an hr of getting the computer set up- i get a call from no other than a non American guy and says i have viruses on my computer and i knew right then it was a scam. And plus i have had Avast for 2 years now and have had no problem; sorry i was not about to buy something that someone just called me and i know nothing about and plus i told them that i don't have a computer and he stated that i did and that i have a virus on my computer. I told him no i don't, and that my number is on the do not call list. Guess what, he says no its not...ya dumba** it is since June of 2011 and i got my desktop in late august 2011. The ### acted like he was looking at the website in-front of him and i told him i want my number off the list and he said no so i told him he can go to hell that i know i don't have nothing on it bc i don't have a computer (which i did) and that i will download Avast a software that i trust! and told him to go to hell and he can go suck his buddies d**k and f**k them for all i care and go back to the rat holes ya'll crawled out of.

• Ab
    Abey varghese Dec 05, 2011

All the above comments is totally wrong as iyogi is not a scam, it is one of the respected company runing technical support.iyogi takes remote of customer computer and try to remove the problems and it support all major brands for computer.when customers pay for the software support, iyogi tries to give 100% customer satisfaction.
    Abey varghese

• Fj
    fjcinss Nov 28, 2011

CA Software was locking up my computer. CA told me my computer was at fault and hooked my up with iYogi...I paid the $169.99 fee, the India based tech worked with me for hours and finally said my computer is OK and the problem is with CA software. SCAM! I then cancelled the iYoga and the automatic renewal. I was later billed AGAIN. I have confirmation numbers for auto renewal & they continue to bill my credit card. CA and Iyogi is definitely a scam.

• Mo
    Morpheus Nov 07, 2011

On the website they mention free technical support, actually its paid and yet worst.

• Je
    jenny55 Nov 02, 2011

Though there are companies that distort, mislead or hide consumer information to raise their stock, there are others that don’t resort to such unfair means to raise their profile. However, it doesn’t mean that these fair players manage to keep their customers always happy. Sometimes there might be geographical constraints like: the accent of technicians or a customer’s inability to comprehend a support executive who may belong to a different origin. Today, most companies have a global presence and serve a heterogeneous customer base. There is always a strong possibility that a company may fail to satisfy all its customers, say, one out of 10 goes back dissatisfied. This may happen despite the best efforts by the company.

I feel, when a company has a proven record of satisfactory services, it will do well to avoid mistakes which many-a-times prove costly. Companies that mislead the customers to earn profit might grow at a rapid pace initially but they do not thrive for long. No company is perfect from the very first day; they all try strategies like, seeking customer feedback, to raise their services and products. There are companies that have proved their potential with persistent effort to improve and enhance their services rigorously in all possible ways. Not just the minor technical setbacks; they also try to overcome staff related shortcomings, if any, by providing them the best trainings and sessions. A good company is not a perfect company but the one that welcomes genuine feedback from us and is ready to improve its services/ products in order to serve us in a better way.

I myself have come across companies that fool people under the pretext of subscriptions, offers, services, etc. Such companies not only create a hole in your pocket, but also leave behind traumatic experiences that you have to live with. However, instead of blaming these companies, I figured out that the best way to stay safe is to cross check the details and authenticity of these companies; one must always remember to check references and read as many company, product or service reviews as possible. The websites referred should also be a trusted one. Before making a deal, read all the terms and conditions and cross verify the contact details. These are just a few ways for you to keep yourself protected, like I do.

• Kv
    Kvowell Nov 02, 2011

This company has to many complaints for me to worry about...so I uninstalled them...I haven't paid them yet and they're in my computer. I was asked if I had online banking...that was a hugh red flag for me. I'm glad I read about complaints.

• Al
    alfred00 Oct 27, 2011

It seems that all "warranties" and especially " extended warranties" are just a way to collect more money from customers. Big "legal" companies are nowadays more interested in make quick bucks (huge bucks) rather than stand on their products.They can make billions before customers realize is not worth to buy a particular brand. Then they can sell the company or declare bankrupcy and start a new one.
    The biggest scam going is with computer warranties. Here's what happens in a hard drive crash, which is common with difefrent brands:

1) They expect you to repair it, following instructions given by someone speaking a different language. :confused:

2) When they finally determine it is not repairable, they come out with a new hard drive, and install it. They walk out carrying your old hard drive, with all of your personal information on it. NO, you can't keep it, and NO, they won't allow you to take it to a data retrieval service, and they ASSURE you none of your data will be compromised. :D (YEAH, RIGHT!)

3) You get to figure out how to reload all of the programs, etc., onto the new hard drive. :eek:

4) If you're smart, you will never again even look at a computer.

Yes, I am blatantly trying to spread the word (not spam, I'm not selling anything) to help others who were either duped by issues or were considering buying. MANY people have been duped by this issue and are banging their heads into walls with OEM companies trying to get it resolved.

Hopefully other people will read this and and won't be caught by the same issue.

• As
    Ashbefree Oct 17, 2011

The day (a couple of weeks ago) that my friends informed me that my email had been hacked, I ran a Malaware full scan. It was 45 days outdated so I updated it before running the scan. The scan found and removed one threat. Minutes later, I received a call at my desk from someone at iYogi. I had never heard of the company prior to this call. The caller told me that my computer was at risk and someone was trying to hack into it. He then attepmted to talk me into typing an address into my address bar. That immediately raised a red flag. I asked him, "How do I know you are legit?" He told me that I had called them before, gave me my account number and I got his name and number and got off of the phone as quickly as possible. Today, I recieved a call again, and was told that I had called before for tech support. He caught me at a bad time. I quite authoritatively told him that I have NEVER called his company and that this was the second time they were calling me and to take me off of their list. I didn't wait to hear a response before I hung up on him. Most of the comments I have read here state that they found the company to be a scam after spending money. That wasn't the case with me. Does Dell sell our contact information?

• Lk
    L. Koval Sep 23, 2011

Iyogy is a fraud. I thought I called Kaspersky antivirus customer service and ended up with iyogy. They remotely accessed my computer and told me that my computer have problems (which it never did) that only licenced tech. can fix and they were pressuring to get their tech for $169.99. I refused, I said I'll call them later, that i will think about it. However, my computer started to have problems after their visit. I think they cause the problems to a computer so later they can "fix it".

• Sq
    squashpumpkin Sep 20, 2011

My internet was not working. I asked one of my kids to look up the number for Dell tech support. (1st mistake- I should have verified the number). So, i reached iYogi, who immediately told me I had a software problem, and that it was not under warranty. I am a stickler for long warranties on my computers since I work solo and my computer is everything. I thought I did have some, but he said with my Dell service tag he could check, and there was none.
    1st sign- He tried to sell me a 3 year plan for 399$- WOW- I could not believe he was pushing this without remotely addressing my prob. After my 2year for 100 less, I reluctantly agreed to the one year for $169. I was told it would be 20 minutes (how would they know?)...I was also told McAfee was included in the price though I said I had McA already.
    I asked if this was Dell and the guy told me they were an approved Dell service provider...I felt I had no choice, and went ahead. I wanted to put this on my Dell acct and was told no, I needed a credit card. I really did not like all of this- any of this, but I needed to get my computer stuff done, and assumed Dell had outsourced software to them/

After 2 hours, the situation was fixed- but not totally. I wanted him to address a computer problem, but he said since there was no ink he could not do it. My response was that made no sense, because I just needed to secure wireless reception, ink or not.

I wrote it off as the cost of doing business...but today I specifically called up Dell to find out exactly what I had for warranty. It ended up that I DID have a software warranty! So the iYogi guy either lied or was "mistaken"- but he said he looked it up and found none. I was really pissed off. After a long call with Dell, I fixed the printer problem, deleted the iYogi stuff and did a couple of other things about icon display, etc. The Dell guy seemed to not want to get involved in the iYogi complaint and said he was not familiar with it. But it ended up that I needed to extend my Dell warranty (it is based upon calls), and I said I would not till iYogi gave me a refund. At that point he got me on a 3 way call with iYogi- the tech gave me to Cust. service. I explained the problem- the CD person then asked me if they had fixed the problem...then said that it was an unlimited service whereas Dell's was for a fixed amount. I said I wanted a refund, their guy had lied or misrepresented, def. misrepresented that they were not clearly part of Dell. Then she said that they would give me a refund minus the cost of time for...THEN I STARTED TO SCREAM AT HER- and I never, ever, mistreat or yell at cust. service people, ever. I could not believe that she would not just say yes, and get it over with. Finally reluctantly she said she would.- and the Dell tech had written on my computer screen that I should be sure to get the refund number! So I think Dell knows a bit more about this than they let on.

I did get an email about the refund, and I also called up my credit card co to let them know. I would never ever recommend them to anyone.

• Jp
    Jpranker98 Sep 15, 2011

i think Iyogi is over priced. $169 is to much. All the software that they use to remove virus is free. You can install the software yourself and remove malware or virus yourself. I just like to prank call them. here the link to the youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/JPranker98
    these guys are great to make prank calls to.

• Bu
    butterbean Aug 13, 2011

I have had them since April of this year and got directed to them through McAfee. I have had them 5-6 times since that time, going into my computer to get rid of viruses. Seems I have problems all the time since starting this. Makes me wonder if they are "placing" something to cause problems. I also paid $169.00 and wonder WHY I had to pay THEM when I have paid McAfee for protection.
    I had my service provider here yesterday because my computer is again slow and I am always getting a "no connection" pop-up. He says I have no problem, and he thinks it is iYogi! Says they have several lawsuits in Louisiana. I don't know if I should uninstall the program or not.
    But, I must say, they have always been very friendly and do "fix" the current problem. But...how long before the next one? What to do, what to do???

• Cr
    crsk49 Aug 10, 2011

I have had IYogi for a year now and have had nothing but Good Luck with them. They always fix my computer when I have a problem. I have had none of the problems listed above, except for not understanding some of their accents. I wish they would have some American techs. I have Norton antivirus on mycomputer and don't plan on downloading the antivirus software they want to provide at renewal. After reading all the negative complaints I am worried, but as I stated I have NEVER had a problem with them. Knock on wood!!