ITVitv news coverage of westminster terror attack

J

I was watching your coverage of this incident this afternoon which was supported by a so called security expert who kept referring to police officers as 'plod' or 'Pc Plod'. Having served in the Metropolitan Police for 30 years and watching this terrible incident unfold, I found these comments insensitive and unforgivable. A police officer and members of the public had been killed in this terrible incident and I would have thought that this so called expert would have chosen his words more wisely. I await your response.

• Fl
    flissy Mar 24, 2017

I have also put in a complaint about the comment that was made about Mr Plod. I found that it was a disgusting comment to make. I also await a response from ITV.

• To
    tonyguerilla Mar 23, 2017

I was astounded at his comments, and more so that he repeated the phrase and wasn't corrected by the reporter. Officers are always in danger, and never just a 'plod'. furthermore, the interview with the young doctor who was clearly in shock was crass and not needed by herself or the victims.

• Ni
    Nige Bowsher Mar 24, 2017

@tonyguerilla I agree with you Tony on both counts. I have complained to ITV and guess what? No response. Mr Harvey's facebook page received many negative comments but these have now been removed. Incidentally, his post about drinking a couple of bottles of champagne before being called to the studio, has also been removed. I felt so sorry for the poor, well intentioned doctor.

• La
    Last Post Mar 23, 2017

I believe the phrase used was plump gentlemanly plod and said in a demeaning manner.
    I am still angry at this security expects comments and his crass insensitivity. Shortly after belittling the House of Commons officers we learnt the terrible news that one brave officer had lost his fight for life.
    I posted on the ITV Facebook page for the presenter concerned to apologise on air. I hope ITV do not use his services again.

• Da
    Dave Alexander Mar 22, 2017

Had it been a fireman would he have said Hugh, Pugh etc...what a complete buffoon and that's being polite