Complaints & Reviews

unautherized charges

There are unauthorized charges on my business credit card account on December 28, 29, January 2, 6 & 7 2010. Charges are from XBoxLive and Alp itunes [protected]. These charges need to be removed immediately.

Regards

Ricky Rodgers
Executive Director

rip off

I have never had a major issue with iTunes, yes there were a few things that could be better.. But nothing to really complain about. Then I received an iTunes gift card for xmas, and found out that in Canada, you cannot use a g/c to buy apps. Or use paypal. I do not see why living in Canada should change the amount of service provided. We are just as much iTunes users as an other American, why do we get less of a service? On top of that, in order to open the Canadian iTunes webpage, you have to download a program onto your computer!
As I'm investigating more and more online about iTunes issues, it seems that they do NOT refund purchases, they have even been taken into small claims court over stolen purchases. There isnt a phone number you can just call to get customer service, you have to write them an email and WAIT and HOPE that they will write you back with a solution. If I have a problem with a company, I do not wish to wait 3-5 business days to resolve the issue.

• Cj
    C.J.1 Apr 07, 2011

I can not use my PayPal account either and I'm in California... It is probably harder for itunes to rip you off if you go through PayPal. They are afraid to face us, that's why no phone number!

• It
    itunes false charges May 15, 2011

They have made it almost impossible to use paypal. I tried for 90minutes and gave up. There are over $150. in wrong charges on my card and I can not get through to them. They changed my password also. Im not happy. I was just putting some on my grandsons ipod

itunes false charges

AppleiTunes is not forthcoming with information;
Charges appear on my credit card (totalling $975.00 in 20 charges) but not in my iTunes charge history. Apple claims they are online charges but if this was true then why would they not appear in my charge history. I think Apple applied someone else's charges to my credit card but does not want to admit their error. They refuse to say what the items purchased were. If they claim I purchased them why can't I see an invoice of purchases?

Such a poor way to treat a customer.

Yvonne Jett Dec 29, 2009

I am very angry. This transaction made my account go into overdraft. Not only did they mislead me but now I will have to pay an additional $35 to get my account in order.

Yvonne Jett Dec 29, 2009

This transaction made my account go into overdraft. Not only did they mislead me, they also cost me an additional $35.

Yvonne Jett Dec 29, 2009

This is a big rip-off as well. I keep inputting my comment here and they just keep asking me comment. I guess you are satisfied now. You most of my particulars. You are all fakes!!

• Ry
    Rylensmommy Dec 29, 2009

Apple is usually very good with their customer care. I have never had an issue that they did not resolve. Hmmm. I hope they help you get this resolved soon.

• Rd
    R Duke Mar 12, 2012

I have been charged $99 for itunes which I don't even use. When I call the number apple gave my bank, the automated answer is to refer to "apple.com/support/cc". Of course there is no place to email my concern. So I call 1-800-676-2275 listed as a contact number and I found it is a bank wanting me to indicated "checking or savings account". So I found another number "1-800-275-2273" only to find I had to leave my phone number because offices were closed. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and have begun telling people about what has happened. Obviously, apple really doesn't care or they would have safeguards in place. Where is Dr. Deming when you need him????

late billing problems incurring overdraft and bank fines

This is an extract of emails re my ( 1.)complaint and of the (galling) reply by itunes of it(2.) and my response to that (3) which is where we are now. I did spend a good hour ranting very coherently and convincingly, I thought, yesterday, at my local abbey branch, with copies of my itunes order substantiating my claim (see my last email which is clearer under (3). Abbey do not in any way require any processing deadlines to be kept when purchases are made by debit cards (electron visa in my case) I looked in their terms and conditions, therefore it is my responsibility (according to them) to make sure enough money was in the account. My point is that if they publish two separate balances, ie balance and 'available balance' then this is misleading when later I find myself fined £40 for something that was not logged at point of purchase but a full 9 days later. This lack of direction (and proper policy and procedure safeguarding the customer) is evidently quite a good money spinner for them where people are sailing near to the edge financially. Ie this case multiplied up and down the country in many individuals must be quite a substantial income source. They are £40 up and I am £40 down and under stress. I will be taking this collusion and ambiguity up with the financial ombudsman. Anyway end of preamble here is non sensitive copy of emails so far:

1. copy of email sent to itunes:
With horror I checked my bank balance on my account... last night to
> discover that I had been charged £15 for an unauthorised overdraft plus
> another £25 for a 'monthly overdraft fee' ie punished twice. I am on £62
> pw income support and am supporting two teenage sons with this so this
> leaves us without food, basically. As I have been extremely careful with
> my finances due to previous fines I could not understand and spent a good
> half hour with my bank Abbey pleading on an 0845 tel no to have the fines
> waived. They would not do so as they said they had done nothing wrong. I
> could not remember the purchase so did some research and now understand
> how the problem occurred and believe itunes is responsible as I put my
> order and downloaded on 05.08.09 (order no MGFHOJ44WD) but did not receive
> the invoice until 12.08.09, a full week later. I expect to have my
> purchases immediately visible on my account to avoid such fines. I have
> noticed that I have had receipts sent late be
> fore but this has been of the order of two days and not seven. I was
> preparing for a trip away, was working and stressed and I think it
> unreasonable to expect me to be doing nominal sums in my head and
> expecting me to have photographic recall. I have been extremely stressed
> by this and need this money refunding to me as I have obligations. I also
> object to having an extremely bad night thinking about this, and the fact
> that I now have to go and see my bank to show evidence of my innocence in
> this matter hoping they will take the matter up with you. I think it
> entirely unreasonable for your accounting system to take so long and
> therefore leave me in debt and stressed. I would appreciate the return of
> my fines of £40 into my account immediately and a payment for my stress
> and a correction of your accounting system as the electron card 'available
> balance' should be accurate. I look forward to your speedy response and
> would appreciate a call . Thankyou Susan B...

This was the galling reply from itunes (2) some hours later:
Dear Susan,

Thank you for contacting us, my name is Sarah. I understand you would like to be reimbursed for the overdraft fee's you incurred from your bank when a payment was withdrawn for your iTunes Store purchase. I can appreciate your concern and I will be happy to look into this issue for you today.

Susan, the iTunes Store doesn't provide assistance by telephone. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have via email.

I understand your frustration regarding the overdraft fees. I'm sorry, but the iTunes Store is not responsible for any payment account fees or credit card company fees that customers incur while shopping on the iTunes Store. If you have any other questions or concerns regarding these fees, please contact the company that assessed the fees.

I checked your account and determined that the iTunes Store billed you correctly for the purchase.

You might consider reviewing your purchase history regularly. Here's how to do that:

1) Click this link to open iTunes and access the Apple Account Information page:

2) Sign in to the iTunes Store using your account name and password.

3) On the Apple Account Information page, click the Purchase History button.

4) The purchase history displays the most recent purchases first. To view the details of any purchase, click the arrow to the left of the order date.

The sales and service policies for the iTunes Store are available here:

Apple wants your iTunes experience to be as enjoyable as possible. If you should have any other questions or concerns please remember I'm only an email away.

Sincerely,

Sarah
iTunes Store Customer Support

Please Note:

I work Friday September 25th to Saturday October 3rd. I will be off on September 26th, September 29th, and October 2nd.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you. You may receive an AppleCare survey email; any feedback you provide would be greatly appreciated.

Customer First Name : Susan

3. this was my response to this email a few hours ago:

Dear Sarah

According to itunes terms and conditions:

'10. PAYMENT METHODS. The Service accepts credit and debit cards, payment
through your Click&Buy account, Gift Certificates, iTunes Cards and Monthly
Gift balances as forms of payment. If a credit or debit card company, or
your Click&Buy account, is being used for a transaction, iTunes may obtain a
pre-approval from the credit or debit card company or from Click&Buy (as the
case may be) for an amount up to the amount of the order. Billing to your
credit or debit card or to your Click&Buy account occurs at the time of
purchase or shortly thereafter.'

For clarity, my complaint is not of the amount that was deducted but that
itunes has not followed its own policy and procedure of billing my debit
card...at the time of purchase or shortly thereafter (see section 10 Itunes
Terms and Conditions). By no stretch of the imagination can 9 full days be
described as at the time of purchase or shortly thereafter . My order no
MGFHOJ44WD was ordered and downloaded on 05.08.09 but I was billed on
14.08.09. Surely you do not expect me to keep memorising each and every
purchase on my card and to keep checking my bank details as to whether each
of these has been deducted yet before I make a purchase? I put trust in you
to behave in a proper manner and conduct your billing as you state in your
terms and conditions. You should ethically therefore accept liability for
the debt I have incurred and also acknowledge the stress you have caused me,
the hours of chasing this matter including of course writing a response to
your response to my complaint.

The failure in itune's proper and timely accounting procedures in this
particular case has resulted in me, the consumer of your product, suffering
a financial detriment and stress. I think it unreasonable for you to try to
blame the bank for fining me for your lateness in billing which caused me
inadvertently to overdraw.

Please escalate my complaint to the chief executive. I feel unfairly treated
by itunes in that I have been left financially distressed and wondering
how I am going to feed my household.

I trusted an organisation such as yours to be able to manage its accounts to
the normal standard and according to your own publisised policy to which I
signed up to in terms of my purchase - I kept my end of the contract but you
did not keep to your contract and therefore I would appreciate an ethical
acceptance of your responsibility and therefore a payment to cover my losses
and distress.

Please send me a copy of your complaints procedure.

Many thanks
Susan B

fraudulent charges

I authorized my my grand son to download tunes for about 99 cents apiece. In the last two months Apl*itune...

Resolved no refund (as promised)

My daughter experienced difficultly downloading several songs from Apple iTunes. As she tried to download the songs again, she was charged a second time. After reporting the incident with Apple and being told several times that the refund was forthcoming in a few days, we still have not received the refund. An excerpt of the correspondence is shown below.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: iTunes Store <[protected]@apple.com>
To: [protected]@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 1:31:39 PM
Subject: Re: Downloading M3NS8YHXB9; Follow-up: [protected]

Dear William,

My name is John, and your issue has been escalated to me. I'll try to do everything I can to help resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

I have reversed the charge for the duplicate purchase, which I understand was unintentional. You will see a credit of $4.95, plus any applicable taxes, in three to five business days. If store credit was used for this purchase, you should see the credit post within three to five business days. If you still do not see your store credit, you will need to sign out of the iTunes Store and sign back in.

In the unlikely event that you receive a download error in the future, please remember that it is not necessary to repurchase items when downloads are interrupted, because the items should still be in your account, waiting to be downloaded. To learn more, follow the steps in this article:

How to resume interrupted iTunes Store downloads

You might want to use the built-in Shopping Cart for future purchases. The Shopping Cart is a convenient way to consolidate items you would like to purchase so that you can download them when it's convenient for you. Plus, the Shopping Cart adds an extra layer of protection against unintentional purchases. Here's how to use it:

iTunes Store: Using the shopping cart

When you buy items in your Shopping Cart, they are downloaded into your iTunes Library and placed in your Purchased playlist.

Thank you for being such a valued iTunes customer. I hope you have a spectacular day.

John
iTunes Store Customer Support
iWork: 6:30 am to 3:30 pm PST

• Hg
    hgaryjones Jul 10, 2011

I tunes is the biggest ripoff in the music industry. Apparently the only reason they continue to operate is their size. Also, too many people do not mind getting ripped off.
    They are so huge and have made so many billions of dollars that the rest of us are expendable consumers.
    Point in fact is their service department. I have tried to contact their "customer support" department for weeks with no response at all.

• Hg
    hgaryjones Jul 10, 2011

After buying and downloading hundreds of songs from itunes, I am no longer able to access the files. Worse yet is that their "customer support" does not exist or I am too insignificant for them.
    Without exception, the worst company, in every respect to do business with.

• We
    wendy lantagne Mar 15, 2018

yes here I was bought iTunes card for gift to my friend but that card rip off nothing there before scratch pin she told me nothing on card someone had it what no way I paid 100.00 at family store no refunds I need back money cause iTunes card waste it. thank you wonder how get refund from my iTunes card

Resolved charges to my account

I have been an Apple uses for about 6 yrs. I have purchased several iPods both for myself and family and friends, and used the iTunes store for most of my music. Recently my bank sent me notices that I was overdrawn, this was a shock as I had not spent any money from my account. I received a list of charges that included over 150.00 in downloaded music from the iTunes store. I have never purchased such a large quantity of music at anytime. Since I had no receipts from iTunes regarding the purchases I contacted the bank and faxed them volumes of paper regarding the problem. I contacted Apple and got nowhere via e-mail. I called and spoke with a nice man who forwarded my complaint to someone else. The e-mail I received said too bad. They said they were not responsible for any illegal account access and I was just out the money and the music. The music is a genre I don't like so why would I want it in the first place. The apple website says it's secure, but obviously it is not. I have contacted family and friends and encouraged them to change their passwords and remove their personal info from their iTunes account. I also suggested they purchase their music from someone reputable like Amazon who stands behind their products. I will not purchase my music in the future from Apple as they don't care about their customers.

The small amount of money to them is huge to me as I am currently un-employed. Now they will lose customers and future purchases that will amount to far more than the 15o.oo plus that they should have reimbursed me.

BEWARE don't use i Tunes it is not safe!

• Mt
    Mtngal Sep 27, 2009

Tonight I tried downloading ONE song--just one!! When I checked that I wanted to purchase it said "declined"--I had forgotten that my bank card info had changed since the last time I had used iTunes. Soooo...I put in my new info, clicked on "purchase" and it's telling me "information incorrect". So, after 45 minutes of putting in correct info that iTunes is telling me is "incorrect", I have no song, BUT I have two charges on my checking account!! This is just plain infuriating!!!

• Ap
    apple_stinks Nov 07, 2009

So I have been faithfully buying apple products for 7 years. On monday I tried to upload my free apps for my iPhone and iTunes charge my credit card saying it was from charges for music 4 months ago. I never purchased music on iTunes and the sent an email to me that says, "too bad" - I would never do business with apple again.

• Do
    dorisj Apr 02, 2012

someone used my card in yall have been getting money off my card i did not give permission

• Do
    dorisj Apr 02, 2012

i am trying to stop this because that was my bill money i need to talk to someone about this

• Bl
    blawrence Jun 17, 2013

I do not have an Apple account. Someone has authorized charges to my Debit Card without my authorization and I want this stopped, immediately!

• Ke
    kerry Shopland Feb 26, 2019

Hi I am getting regular debits from my account and don't have clue what it ia for so stop immediately and refund my money!!!

Resolved money deduction

I am now extremely upset with itunes. They have scammed me numerous times and ripped me off now for over $100. First I purchased a movie which deducted money from my itunes account, however, it did not appear in my movie library or on my purchased list. Secondly, after purchasing more certificates to redeem, they have not been activated at the register of purchase and emails to itunes have been non-respondant. Most recently, after exiting itunes I checked my account balance which contained over $15. Subsequently, I logged back into itunes and the money disappeared from my account. This drew the line for me and I will not be purchasing from itunes any more, nor will I recommend this dissapointing scam music application to a friend.

• Ta
    TaylorLautner'sLOVER Mar 22, 2009

i had 25.96, i bought two songs, and i took my money and i didnt get the songs.. im really upset with itunes. does anyone know how i can get my money credited back on to my itunes a count. i now have 23.96. this is happening often and i dont know what to do about it?

• Gr
    grabnf Mar 07, 2010

if you send an message threw the iTunes support menu they will fix everything up. I had this happen to me a couple of times.

bogus charges to my card

a bunch of charges to my card that i have no idea why they are there. these will result in many overdrafts. email response

customer service sucks rotten eggs

I dealt with these dishonest jerks about a year ago and was completely disgusted with the lack of customer service. 90 days interest free, right? Sometimes critical information is on page 2, and sometimes the reps don't even know it. In my case, I made 2 phone calls, month 1 and month 2, and both reps gave me the payoff date to incur no interest charges. Both wrong. Both took the information from page 1 like I did. Even with evidence that what I was saying was true, no dice. I'm willing to get they make plenty of cash off of clever placement of vital information.

Hate these jerks!

Marcus Nov 02, 2008

Hate these jerks!

pre order download code for concert tickets

Hi...
iTunes advertised to all P!nk fans that if you pre ordered her new album on iTunes you would receive a code, which would enable you to buy concert tickets prior to them being released to the public. I pre ordered and downloaded P!nks album and received confirmation email to download it. I should have received my email yesterday with the pre release access code for the tickets going on sale today at 11am. I have not received any emails or an explanation for not getting a code from them and feel it was false advertisement as I wouldn't have ordered the album off iTunes as would prefer to buy it, I only ordered it off iTunes for the opportunity to get concert tickets earlier and better seats.
The biggest problem for me is that I cant seem to complain to iTunes direct as contacting them is not that easy? I rang the number off ticketmaster that was advertised if you didnt get your code and the rep on the phone couldnt help as they are linked to apple and not iTunes, so were no help at all. I asked for details either phone number or contact address to contact iTunes direct and was told that there were no such contact details and couldnt help. I have emailed the question links on iTunes only to receive an automated response. So angry and frustrated as wasted money downloading off iTunes, wasted time taking time off work today as can not access internet at work and now I am left frustrated as seem unable to make a complaint against itunes.
Can you help with this matter... or advise where I can make a formal complaint?

marjoriejackson Mar 21, 2018

Hii dear, Here I am talking about iTunes apps latest features, latest features is iTunes DJ, Gapless playback editor helping this features without any break he gapless playback feature plays songs back to back.

marjoriejackson Mar 21, 2018

iTunes Tech Support Number

Resolved illegal charge on my debit card

I just got a pending charge on my debit card all of a sudden. What's going on? At the same time, some...

itunes will not contact me and have no other way but email for them.

I bought my daughter a MP4 player for christmas. The store said that itunes would work with all mp player...

Resolved nothing but problems

I never owned an iPod before. So a little over a year ago I bought an iPod Nano because it had the 8GB's that I was looking for. The very first problem right out of the gate, every single one of my songs would not work on the Nano. I had to Re-Rip them from CD's and buy them. So that was hundreds of songs made useless within minutes. Secondly, I noticed that I could not just Drag-and-Drop files using "My Computer". I was FORCED to use the iTunes software. The bug ridden, giant in size, horrible iTunes software. So if I wanted to add a song from a friend’s house, I had to download the software and install in on that computer. And with the iTunes software, it has all kinds of backgrounds programs that just sit there using of resources and I have to use MSCONFIG to stop them from loading. After using the Nano for a while I have noticed the battery life is getting worse and worse. Which looking through the forums, is a very common problem with iPod's. So I looked into buying a replacement battery. Much to my horror, but not to my surprise, changing the battery is a nightmare! See your company doesn't use a standard hook and plug system like many other players out there. You solider the connectors to the board. And you use the smallest wires possible, making it next to impossible for the average person to change a battery on their own. I did read that Apple was sued for this practice, but I guess I bought my Nano too late. What makes the battery life worse is that the Nano, get this, it doesn't have an On/Off switch! You hold a button and the screen goes blank, but the player is still on and is still using battery power. Out of every electronic device ever created, how can Apple forget to add a simple On/Off switch? Why? Because they want the battery to burn out and for you to run out and drop another $200, $300, $400, ect on a new player! Apple also knows once you waste a few hundred dollars buying iTunes music, THAT CAN NOT BE PLAYED ON ANY OTHER PLAYER WITHOUT BEING MODIFIED, that you are now their slave for life! Apple owns you! On top of all of this my iPod's screen won't even turn off. I have to reset it to unlock it. And I can't stop a song from playing, because once I pause a file, I can only Play/Fast-Forward/Rewind it. The STOP option is gone. Every month brings a new set of problems. I have never had as many problems with anything else, like I have with this stupid player.

So now that my iPod is on deaths-door, I am writing this to inform Apple that I am 100% done buying iPods. And I know people are going to bash me, because once Apple controls persons thoughts through their trendy devices, no one is allowed to bad mouth them. That is why if someone even says the iPhone is junk, they will receive hate mail. It is truly sad how easily a company can make a bottom-rung device, and the blind will follow that device into H*ll, just so they can be part of the so-called COOL crowd!

James r webster May 11, 2019

I need to know why I am getting charged every month and what phone number is it linked to because it's coming out of my bank on a regular basis i imagine in to be over 100 pound i can provide my name and bank details i need to know if it fraudulent James r webster

• Ro
    Ross clifgord Jun 09, 2019

Why the fuck has all my imported music been deleted from my account! You are in breach seriously of misconduct. 95% of my music came from disc and now you refuse for me to have it or say it's not recognised while I'm holding the cd. I demand answers immediately

• Ul
    Ulysses montojo Oct 19, 2019

Please be inforned that my credit card
    mastercard was illegally charged last Oct 9, 2019 the amount of 4690 Php by itunes.com/bills itunes.com ie. This is unauthorized citing the following reasons:
    1. I am not a subscriber
    2. I am not even familiiar with your website?

Kindly refund the amount.

Ulysses Montojo
    Email: [email protected]

Janw5555 Feb 10, 2020

2/3 I bought 2 $100.00 cards together for $200.00 on paypal gift cards to be sent to [email protected]
    He only received one that I bought.
    So I paid $200.00 for 1 card
    Janet Williams or [email protected]

unauthorized charge!

I searched the web for itunes in order to help my Daughter download onto her ipod, which was a Christma...