It's Just LunchVery Rude Service and Refusal to give Refund

I started receiving phone calls from It’s Just Lunch in February 2016. They advertise their company as a personalized matchmaker and during the initial sales calls I was contacted numerable times by a very lively Representative. She told me there were plenty of men just waiting for dates and I would NEVER have to spend another “Date Night” alone again if I didn’t want too. However, at no time during her sales pitch did she explain their excepted 3-Day Refund Policy, but that it would be used to complete paperwork. Should you have a problem after that time, the company DOES NOT OFFER REFUNDS!

Prior to making the decision as to whether I would agree to the terms of “It’s Just Lunch, “ the Representative spent a significant amount of time on the phone with me boasting about the company’s outstanding dating ratings and the wonderful service they provided. During one conversation the Representative read a note she claims to have just received from “recent clients” who married and was writing to share their exciting news of their “New Arrival.” Evidently they were expecting a baby. How exciting! Immediately following this conversation the Representative eagerly told me she already had someone perfect in mind for me and could not wait to send this information to me. I signed the paperwork very soon thereafter and completed all that was asked of me by the end of the day.

Immediately a biography of a male client was emailed to me. I called the Dating Coordinator right away to let her know that I would gladly accept a lunch/dinner with him. Unfortunately with each call I made; I only received her voicemail. It stated I should leave a message and she would respond within 24 hours! For my $2, 000 I wanted to speak with a REAL person and not leave a message in hopes someone would eventually return my call when she finally decided to get around to it. I found her voice mail to be totally unacceptable.

After sending a very angry email regarding my unanswered phone call to those I had previous contact with, I requested a refund. At 7 pm that evening I finally received a return call from my Dating Director; I started our conversation by letting her know I was very angry. I stated I felt her voicemail was unacceptable and let her know I felt it was her responsibility to stay in touch with me on a regular basis. I also reminded her that prior to signing my agreement I was reassured I would receive the same kind of regular calls throughout out our contact. Evidently, this is supposed to be part of their service and my Dating Director was not fulfilling her duties.
I then inquired about the "Male Biography" sent to me. I was told he never responded, so I told my Dating Director to please send me a biography of someone else. I was informed that finding another match could take 2-3 weeks before possibly finding someone else.

At first I thought she was joking, but unfortunately she was VERY serious. I was disgusted, especially when you consider this is not what I was told by the Sales Representative who spent several days telling me of all the quality people they have readily available for dating. I let my Dating Director know I found it odd that prior signing up, the company was confident they had a match that would be perfect for me. But now that their original match had not responded; finding a replacement date would require 2-3 weeks!

I felt so dissatisfied by the way I had been treated and blatantly lied to; I contacted my bank to dispute the charges. While my case in Arbitration I received several calls from an extremely rude, obnoxious employee. She was comfortable speaking down to me. During one call from my son, she told him; "I don't have to talk to you” and hung up on him. Moments later I called and she attempted to spend the entire time yelling at me until I made it clear I would no longer accept being spoken to that way.
My case was in Arbitration for 3 months, but sadly I did not win. I absolutely want nothing to do with this company so I offered to pay a prorated fee for the few days we exchanged conversation and even though I NEVER went on a single date. I was told by someone in an even higher position they would not accept my offer of a prorated fee because It's Just Lunch NEVER gives refunds!

I find it very sad that a company would not hesitate to tell Clients they NEVER give a refund. Just what does this say about them? They are a scam. Also, while reviewing a YouTube message from: Director of Operations Krista White/ [protected] ext. 301 She states they place their clients first. I looked into this only to discover Krista White is no longer an employee. This video should have been pulled the day she left her position.

The action of this company is beyond deceitful. I have been lied to, Ignored, Spoken to in a very rude manner as well as Yelled at. I’ve had an employee rudely tell me; “That’s just the way it is and you’ll have to except it” in addition to many other undignified dealings. I honestly believe I am entitled to a refund; especially when you consider the standard practice of those offering a service/merchandise is to satisfy the customer. However, this company has made it perfectly clear they will not offer any type of refund under any circumstances.

DO NOT waste your money on the belief that this company will assist you with finding professional dates.