IphonePoorly tested products

S

The original iPhone was a Christmas gift to me. It looks great, and sounds like it would be very helpful and make one very productive.

Nonsense!

I got my iPhone well after the original release. It malfunctioned monthly for the first four months I had it. Time and time again, I learned, Apple had shipped the product without adequately testing the software required the make it work properly. Release after release of software was supposed to fix the bugs. It didn't happen.

After four consecutive months of problems, and more than a dozen hours in Apple Stores and installing updated software, a supervisor on the telephone told me that he would send me a temporary unit by overnight air and have my unit examined and either repaired or replaced. His overnight shipment arrived SIX days later because Apple Computer cannot even write a shipping label correctly. They omitted the signficiant information I provide (and lied on the phone saying it was on the label). By the time the temporary unit arrived, a new version of software seemed to fix the problem.

Knowing that my original iPhone was such a lemon, the same person bought me the new iPhone 3G hoping that it would come with properly tested software. It did not. What I have subsequentlly been told by an Apple employee is: (1) the 3G network coverage supplied by AT&T is sparse in many large cities (I live in Chicago, and that is my experience), (2) in 3G mode if you leave an area of 3G coverage a call in progress is dropped, (3) in 3G mode the battery runs down twice as fast so that you can't make it through the day without recharging if you use it much, and (4) there are known software problems which Apple prefers not to advertise. In short, Apple and their partner-in-misrepresentation AT&T, have set up a very glitzy advertising campaign to sell a product with known shortfalls that they never mention.

I [censor]ed enough to get a refund on my 3G. However, I am still stuck with the original iPhone which is equally useless unless you get a thrill out of diagnosing failures and fixing them.

I have better things to do.

It will be a cold day in hell before I ever buy anything else of Apple Computer.

• Fa
    Fani albert malinga Jan 04, 2020

I started to use the phone after delivery but I found that the battery was dead and recharged the phone then after that I use it then the battery went down quickly I don't know why because its a new phone please help me from [protected] I'd [protected] thank you

• Ap
    Apraku Nov 12, 2018

i won to un lock my iphone 5s lock to tracfefone network

• Di
    Dianna Langston-Eller Sep 18, 2018

However the order never reached your desk. Now its asking me to choose another silver deal. Send me the iPhone and stop scamming people. Getting us to buy the products and never sent me the visa gift card..now no iPhone. .PLEASE send me the prducts..NOW

I've ordered coffee. and canon ink. What is the deal?

• Mi
    miliq69 Oct 01, 2012

What best buy has with their customers is very disrespectful. You tell them you want to get on the waiting list for the iPhone 5 and they tell you to get in line to ask. After waiting 2 hours and a half they tell you the waiting list for the iPhone 5 is closed. Please inform your personal better to tell their customers everything from the very beginning because no one goes there to waste their time

• Ca
    Cassio Jul 03, 2012

Mobilecom New York sold me an iPhone and told me it was unlocked. It turns out it wasn't. They also charged me $99 for a protection plan they said was for apple but didn't give me any information on it. I then went to an Apple store and they verified that the phone wasn't unlocked and didn't have the protection plan attached to it.

• Da
    DanaB Nov 13, 2011

I bought 3 (!) supposedly SIM free i phone 4 from those cons. Turns out they phones are locked (AT&T). BEWARE of MOBILECOM at 566 7th Ave.

• St
    Stopthebs Nov 02, 2011

You can't fix stupid

• E5
    e55097 Nov 02, 2011

I bought a Iphone 3GS for 446 dollar. When I came back to Italy I opened the pack and I discovered that it is an Iphone 3 g, completely malfunctioning and with the battery spent; the phone itself is used.
    I wasn't able to think that this robbery may happen in the center of New York.

• JuliePooh51265 Jan 10, 2011

This would be an issue between you and Apple, not AT&T. I also had a problem with my iPhone4 not accepting software updates. I called Apple, they gave me a UPS number, and I took it to my local UPS store. They packaged it up and sent it back to Apple. Cost me nothing. Got the phone back in just a few days. Only thing I had to do was go to AT&T for a new SIM Card and I was good to go. Haven't had a problem since.

• i have a bad phone that won't take the software updates. i am willing to pay for an upgrade but they want to charge full price because i'm not eligible for their upgrade. they don't care about the customer being happy. basically they said "TOO BAD" JUST KEEP PAYING THE BILL. I bet when it's time to renew the contract, they'll be all super nice, but at that time it will be too late for me.

• Bm
    bmartin2009 Dec 07, 2009

AT&T Iphone 3 G dropped calls????? Please feel free to contact me in confidence to discuss any issues. As noted at this point we are merely researching and discussing complaints to determine if there is any allegations of merit. You may reach me at [email protected]<br />
    Barbara Martin<br />
    Public Consultant

• Pr
    precioussy Oct 28, 2009

Hi Same thing happened to me. I ordered a laptop but all I got is 2 pairs of shoes. What do you think we can do about this company?

• Ad
    adnan shakeel Oct 26, 2009

hello there
    i order 4 laptops and they send me 4 shows...
    i paied 930 USD
    now they dont reply...
    what i do now???
    can anyone help me?

Jadeebabie Sep 11, 2009

oh my god the same thing has happened to me. i ordered the phone and recieve some shoes.
    i have tried getting in contact with people and no1 answered!!! what did you do?

• monkeywithatazer Aug 20, 2009

OMG. duh! The company is in China which is the #1 capital country for scams, fakes, counterfeit merchandise. Just think about it...have you ever had anything that said made in China that didn't fall apart after a few months? Not sayin your phone fell apart but the business obviously did...if there was one to start. But hey, at least you have an Iphone. Just get another carrier.

• Me
    Melissa L Aug 20, 2009

So you order an IPhone and are sent a pair of shoes? Um, that's very strange! Have you tried calling the company?

• Rt
    RTV Aug 20, 2009

I order a iphone and what thy send was a pair of shoes from 5 usd, after that no service and nobody who answer in a normal way, so i think i lost my money.
    So people DONT order nothink by this company they are cheating U.
    Iff they send me anyway the iphone i will let u know.