intex pro series above ground poolliner

i purchased an above ground pool (intex pro series 16x48). I spent $400 on this pool and I've only had it for 45 days. In that time we have filled it with water twice just to have the seam split. The first time we put a patch on it, filled it back up and the seam split in another area. we have yet to swim in it, and when i called wal-mart to have it replaced they told me after 30 days there was nothing they could do. So I'm out the $400 + tax and the water bill to fill it up 2 times. All i wanted was to be able to enjoy the pool with my family on the weekends when myself and my husband are off work.

MauiAL51 Jun 19, 2012

Try contacting the manufacturer.

Channie038 Jul 11, 2014

I traded my pro series 22' pool in for the 26' Intex pool. I wanted a bigger pool so I gave the pro series to my sister. I liked this pool but I also wanted a better pump and it seemed like a hassle trying to replace the pool so I just got rid of it. That was a huge mistake. I installed the new Intex pool and used it a few times. Than one night I went to bed and the pool was full. When I woke up the next morning, the pool was completely empty. Apparently, the bottom of the pool liner ripped and all the water emptied out overnight! I had the pool less than 2 weeks so I took it back to Wal-mart got another Intex 26' pool. I put that one up, filled it with water and enjoyed the pool for about three weeks. And than, yes you guessed it, it started ripping apart again. This time I was determined to fix it because I didn't want to waste the water. So, i went to the pool supply store and spent a lot of money on repair kits. And repaired the rip. It still leaked but it was a very slow leak. A few days later, I noticed the water level was down. Checked the pool and low and behold... there was another rip in the pool in a different location. We hadn't even been in the pool to cause it any strain, but it still ripped . I bought the pool on June 10 and took it back yesterday July 10 2014. I will never buy Intex again. I bought another Pro Series from Kmart last night. The pump sucks, but at least it doesn't rip apart!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices