Intexpool impeller

W

I bought an intex pool aug 25, 2007.The impeller broke on sept 3.I am now out of warranty.i will try to contact Intex again.I set this pool up in june of 2008.i bought in late in the year.they should own up to these bad impellers.

Harold Willis

• Ji
    JimT May 13, 2009

I have had the impeller fail on three diffrent intex 1500gph pumps, about one every six months. POOR design !

• Fu
    fujimoto May 26, 2010

I didn't keep the inlet of the pump clean & debree passed threw the skimmer screen & had broken all the impeller blades. Intex did warranty the pump becouse it was within one year of purchase, but I did ask for a new impeller, they couldn't send or offer one. I disassembled the pump/motor & searched the net for parts with no luck. I'm still looking for an impeller to fix the original pump since it is still new & can be used again

• He
    Henna Jul 02, 2010

Yes, same problem here. My husband is cutting new impeller fins from plastic toilet shims. He cut all the fins off and drilled holes and is afixing the new fins to the old fin stubs. Hope this works.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices