[Resolved] IntegraScan.comavoid integrascan at all costs!

I want everyone to know that they should avoid Integrascan at all costs. This company gives a bogus money back guarantee. They do not stand by their guarantee.

I ordered two searches from them and the second one came back with nothing. Now their guarantee states that if you are sure the record exists and it is in their coverage area, then they will refund your money. The guarantee also goes on to state that they are so confident that you will be satisfied with the results. Well I wasn't satisfied and I know that the record exists. They gave me two different stories on why they refuse to refund my money. One excuse was that the record I wanted was not in their coverage area (not true), then the second excuse was that the record did not exist (also false). They became rude and uncaring of my dissatisfaction as soon as I requested a refund.

RESOLVED

Todd Conine Oct 22, 2007

I too had a similar encounter with Integrascan.

I know the record exists and is in their "coverage area", but got nothing on my report.

When I called them on it they became rude and said I didn't do my homework.

Needless to say I will make every effort to let others know.

• Ri
    Rita Nov 29, 2007

Yes, they are a scam, and they were rude to me as well, everyone STAY away from this scam site, my report came back with nothing, I wish I had researched, I am out one less Christmas present for my son this year!

• In
    Integrascan Mar 27, 2008

All whom are calling our company a scam are all people whom do not read what you agreed too.

You have made complaints and have failed to state that you acknowledged reading an agreement that states we provide specific coverage. and none of you read the coverage prior to purchase as instructed. Then You state you are surprised that a record did not show up, When called on it, None of you are able to provide the record that you state exists within our coverage, How Ironic,

How pathetic that you choose to slander a company and not provide both sides.

Anyone whom reads this should know that there are always two sides of every story.

We do not need to defend our record as we have over 100 thousand satisfied customers.

It is a sham that forums like this blatenly allow people to slander legitimate compnies without any regard to the law or correct information provided.

annonomous Mar 29, 2008

This is not a company it us a scam, I was threatened 5 times via email from this creep that runs integrascam, and, he uses vulgarity, and threats, he stopped when I called my attorney, we are investigating this fraud, trust me, this guy thinks he can scare everyone, steal their money, threatens them with so called "slander', he claims he has over 100 thousand satisified customers which is ###, the man is irrate, probobly on drugs, and is sitting in some office robbing people, EVERYONE stay awat from this creep...

annonomous Mar 29, 2008

Oh, and I also knew the person I was doing a check on who was IN the coverage they claim he may not be according to their disclaimer, had numereous arrests, after the scam, I went with a leginimate company that my atty provided me with to find out that this person had numerous records and integrascam came up with nothing. I also did searches in all the States they say are in their coverage with people I KNEW had criminal backgrounds, intergrasam not scan, came up with NOTHING, and George is right, it's not worth our time for 18.95, but if it helps other people by reading this not to get ripped off, it is worth it because it is NOT slander.

• Er
    eric g Apr 01, 2008

Thanks for these posts!!! I was about to order several searches through this company for new hires and did a quick search and fortunately saw this. Just reading his response above, made me not want to use them.

Companies this day and age should realize the power of internet. Probably by not giving a small number of dissatisfied customers there money back, it has cost them much much more and will continue to do so as these forums stay up.

• Pa
    Patrick E. Apr 23, 2008

Yep, the integrascan rep's reply shows they don't care about customer satisfaction. If they cannot produce a report they should gladly refund the money and not hide around a disclaimer that is basically there so they don't have to refund the money. It's a bit surprizing how many ripoff internet companies there are. I'll continue my search for a better company. Also, netdetective appears to be just as bad.

Dacia Jun 11, 2008

Oh, how I wish I had read this prior to going through this horrible service.
    Perhaps, I failed to read the fine print and see that they are in the right to stick it to their customers but then I got this Awful email from Terry Sweet in their "outstanding customer service group" who was rude, and I was completely appalled at the lack of concern, the uncaring attitude and I recommend anyone doing background checks go through a different company. This company gets their money from scamming customers not by have INTEGRITY! Integrascan...nice touch...I thought I would see integrity here! AMAZING!

darqen Jul 12, 2008

Scam!!! This Company is a scam i'm working with my bank to get a refund

• Mi
    michaux Jul 17, 2008

I almost just now gave them some money, but I did give them some SSNs on the FREE gotcha on the first page, you think this is safe??????? I think alot of compnaies I foudn are stealing SSNs. I just turned this one in to verisign: https://www.discovertotal.com/MzA2NHw3MDR8NTI4ODR8djI=/pov5m4b9/g

they are a scam and I reported them to https://www.verisign.com/support/ssl-certificates-support/secure-site-seal/abuse.html

dennis scanlon Sep 05, 2008

i ordered a search supplied s.s. number got more info on everyone but the info i expected i reviewed the area they say is covered the info i recv has no merit it is nothing more then a addr search on a name the sample report they provide is a fantisy they didnt show one bit of information on a criminal background no arrest no driver abstract not one item of value when i advised them i was not pleased of my purchase of 50.00 recv a response from cameron latrell criminal data division insulting me advising that i agreed to the disclaimer i agreed to the disclaimer after they had my credit card info beware of any purchase you would make from integrascam they made no effort to rectifie the info i paid for any purchase will be a waste of your money i intend to post notice failure of perfomance any place poss to report the value of integrascan think twice before you buy

• Up
    upset Sep 19, 2008

This could be a phishing site used to collect ss and cc numbers.
    You can report them to the Feds by sending email to [email protected]

Here is information from a name search about the business and the owner:
    Owners name: MR TERRY A SWEET, AKA: TERRY A SWEET, AKA: TERRY ALAN SWEET, AKA: TERRY SWEET Year Of Birth: 1964

Current Address:

Larryb
    Lakeworth, Florida
    U.S.A.

another victim Oct 14, 2008

They have incorrect information on my criminal background report. One charge was suppose to be expunged, one charge is bogus and false. They gave me incorrect information on the agency that they say reports to them- FDLE (AOC)- they say it was association of courts?? and refuse to give me their contact number or to make corrections themselves eventhough I have offered to provide them with a certified record from the local sheriff's office and to provide a signed court order stating that my dropped charged be removed from my record. These people have been rude and combative towards me eventhough I have been as civil as possible. They even told me to contact a lawyer!

I graduated with a BA in Dec. 2007 and still haven't found a job and this company offering libelous information without offering a means to correct it is making my situation worse. Recently they gave me an incorrect fax number that is missing a digit: " Please fax your request for a correction to 888-64-7692

Terry Sweet
    Integrascan.com
    Criminal Data Division
    and still haven't replied with a correct one, ) in order to make a request",
    but there are still no gaurantees of correction, offer for one, or contact information for the agency that reports to them. BTW- the FDLE and County Clerks Office have verified this bogus charge doesn't exist and my drop charge has been expunged.

DEE Oct 14, 2008

Help me make this company stand by thier money back promise. And stop thier misleading agreement .They are threating to sue me in federal court. I hear this company may be out of Asia.

DEE Oct 14, 2008

watch my video on youtube...help me track the owned down...help me find out what bank payments are going to...
    before its too late

• Sc
    scammed09 Mar 17, 2009

Well I am not going to post anything new but this guy is most cetainly a rip off artist. beyond a scam. I too ordered a back ground check and they returned no results when I knew just what should have been there. when I contacted them (email only of course) he gave me the same bogus responses you see here, quoting his lengthy and carefully quoted users agreement to hide behind. he was threatening, abusive and beyond unprofessional. and to be totally frank is very lucky I dont live in florida or id pay him a visit myself...by the way if you want to leave him some hate messages you can do so at 561-868-2044. dont expect a return call as its just a bogus voicemail setup for bbb requirements...but you know he listens to them...thats the kind of lowlife ### he is...

• Kd
    kdh Apr 09, 2009

Please NEVER use this scammer he is all over the internet and seems to be an infamous rip off artist. I wish that my spouse had searched on his false company before paying him $49.95 of our hard earned money to do NOTHING!!! He is a HORRIBLE Little Man that is scamming hundreds of people. DO NOT TRUST him!! If you ask for a refund he gets vulgar and says that he provided what you paid for...HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

• Ra
    rated_argh Oct 22, 2009

I completed a search on Intellius that provided evidence that a certain person had a criminal history. When I completed the same search on Integrascan, the same person did not have a criminal history. Terry tried to say that the search was not within the jurisdictions they search. I showed him/her that it was (Ventura County). Then Terry said that it was not the same person I searched, so I showed them that it was the same name and same addresses. Finally Terry said that "We provided the correct results based on what you provided us. This does not fall under our guarantee."

Even with proof that a criminal history exists within the jurisdiction they search, Integrascan will not provide a refund.

I have since reported the company to the government and had my credit card company reverse the charges.

salsygirl Nov 11, 2009

I placed an order for a background check and was given a login password. However it states "ERROR: Email or Password are incorrect. Please try again. " I have typed it in exactly how it was given to me. I have left messages (of course) no answer. This is a SCAM to take people's money. I am reporting Terry Sweet to the Better Business Bureau. He will be prosecuted.

salsygirl Nov 11, 2009

THIS IS A SCAM. Now the guy is providing bogus logins after you pay your $50. It says "email or password are incorrect. Please try again" There is no way to contact the jerk either. He does not respond to emails and the phone number supplied on Google Checkout is just a fake voicemail. No one answers. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM INTEGRASCAN.COM. IT IS A RIP OFF. I am reporting him to the Better Business Bureau. He will be prosecuted.

salsygirl Nov 11, 2009

Do a Google search for "Background Check" you'll see IntegraScan.com is listed in the Adwords. You can click on his ad repeatedly each day and he will get charged for every click. Let's see how he likes it when the tables are turned!!!

Tom Barrister Dec 29, 2009

Mass-clicking doesn't work: Google uses IP addresses and only charges once per X hours (probably 72) to avoid just what is suggested.

Integrascan didn't stand by their guarantee with me, either. I'm going to request that my bank chargeback what I spent.

madGAcustomer Jan 13, 2010

THIS IS A SCAM. I think the scattered rantings by the owner of this company (Terry Sweet) on this page are a very good testament to the quality of this company. I wonder is he even knows what professionalism is. Had I read the things posted on this website prior to making the purchase, I could have saved myself a huge headache. Just as everyone has said before, I did not get what I paid for, emailed requesting a refund or explanation as to why the things I knew should have shown up on the report where not there. I provided case numbers, details regarding the case, ect.
    As a concerned customer the only information I received back from the company were rude one line emails that did not provide any resolution at all. I also will be filing a complaint with the BBB. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. IT IS NOT WORTH IT. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF AND THEN TREAT YOU LIKE IT IS YOUR FAULT.

• Tr
    TracyComisfordEsq. Jan 15, 2010

I would be interested from anyone who believes he/she was scammed by Integrascan. Tracy S. Comisford, Attorney. [email protected]

• Wh
    whateveruthink Jan 30, 2010

I too had the same experience with Terry Sweet and his company, I told him his company was a rip off and then he threatened to procecute me, if I went to file a complaint on the internet. What a loser he is and his fake searches, I hope Karma works on this guy!!!

Tom Barrister Feb 05, 2010

Here are a few tips on dealing with this organization:

1) Do NOT threaten this company directly. Don't give them any ammunition against you.

2) Make a simple request by email for a refund, citing inaccurate information. When refused (and you WILL be refused), make a second request, reminding them of their guarantee. You will get a second reply, refusing to issue you a refund. Save both your and their emails.

3) File a dispute with your credit card company, Paypal, or whoever you used to pay Integrascan.

4) File a report with ic3.gov . This organization WILL forward complaints to the appropriate authorities.

5) File a report with the Upstate NY Better Business Bureau ( http://upstateny.bbb.org/ ).

6) If you get threatened with legal action, request the name and contact information of Integrascan's attorney.

Again, don't take matters into your own hands or threaten them in any way. Do things "by the book".

Macuserr Feb 15, 2010

I think there is two sides to every story, because I had a record I searched and it came back not found, I searched the jurisdictions and found that is should be covered, he sent me a fax number, i faxed the results and received my money back the next day. I think some people expect too much from this world. I am educated and take time to read everything I order, however, so that may set e apart from some people who are quick to judge others. My experience wasn't the best but it wasn't all the drama these people are making it out to be either.

• In
    IntegraSCAM Apr 27, 2010

IntegraScan is commiting fraud by selling misleading information about people's backgrounds that is libelous and damaging. Terry Sweet is a criminal who should be put out of business! I wonder how many lives have been destroyed by is erroneuos and irresponsible business practices.

• Wa
    Waste of Money Apr 29, 2010

I recently had a similar problem with them. The could not find the Social Security Number for a person. They insisted something "was fishy" with this applicant. I then obtained a copy of his card and sent to them to show it is all legit. They still could not provide any S.S related data and refused to refund my money. Terry was extremely rude and arrogant. They even threatened me with his lawyers if I posted anything bad about their company. Sorry fellow - The Truth is what it is and your company is a rip off!!!

• Se
    Seattle Investigator May 15, 2010

I completley disagre with everyone. We have used Integrascan for along time. We like it.We know better to use a database as an acurate sourse of Information. We teach skiptracing and strongly advise our students to use Integracan and others as a tool only and not for a 100% factual sourse of Information. The idea is to takes pieces of information from alot of different sourses and make a decisions based on a complete assesment of the data. I dont think any company who wants to stay alive in this industry, should be refunding $ to anybody who simply believes they deserve it. Buyer beware, i say. The only way to truly get a accurate criminal record is through the court directly. All the other stuff they provide is simply a tool. I have been in the industry for many years. I have been able to retrieve information from sites at pennies on the dollar. If i am not happy, then i simply stop using them.

janejoe123 Jun 01, 2010

If you like Integrascam then you must be getting a kickback.

Any company that sells personal information is required to provide an opt-out service. That is the law - if you were any good at investigating, then you would know this as it called the FOIL Act.

I await for NY State to sue him for consumer fraud, as it has gone after debt collector's who use illegal tactics such as harassment, threats, racism, etc... to bully debtors.

Avoid Integrascam at all costs. Use Intellius or another reputable company.

• Je
    jeffharding Jun 02, 2010

Also, please see the post from Terry Sweet himself. He is actually a CRIMINAL, who likely cannot obtain work in any fashion other than the disreputable bottom-feeder that he obviously is.

Here he is posting on-line, bemoaning not having his criminal record removed from a service just like the one he runs.

What a loser!

Default Expunged Records in Databases of Private Background Investigation Firms

Can somebody tell me if what, if any, of the stuff this guy is saying is indeed true? And if it is, is he basically saying I have to have my official expunged papers fax/mailed directly from the courts instead of from myself or a lawyer? Please see his email below when I had asked him why my record is on their database (performed a self background check) when it has already been expunged and if they could remove it once I fax them the original expunged paperwork.

We have talked with our attorneys and they have advised us NOT to remove
    the record. expungment does not mean the record did not exist. your state
    has no case law that requires private companies to remove Criminal Records
    purchased through any Jurisdictions.

The order you have only dis-allows federal and state agencies from reviewing
    or using the file, Again Nothing pertaining to private companies.

We have implemented a new policy regarding the removing of criminal records
    do to an expungment order. We will not remove information that exists in
    our databse for any reason unless we get a direct order to do so from the
    jurisdictional court where the record occurred and placed judgment on the
    case.
    Good day,

Terry Sweet
    NDR / Integrascan.com
    Criminal Data Division

• Bo
    boobyjohn Jun 05, 2010

this GUY is a 100% creep, out & out crook,
    PLEASE do NOT give this guy any business

you get ripped off if you purchase a search

& you get screwed if you are the unfortinate person that was innocent & wrongly accused & got an expungment

The only thing I know is run him out of business, he belongs in jail

john40999 Jun 24, 2010

I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau if this problem is not resolved shortly. My father is an attorney, and he told me that he will go forward if this matter is not resolved. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY IT IS A SCAM.

dazzleme Jul 26, 2010

Thanks to all of you for your input. I will indeed avoid this company like the plague.

• Po
    Popeye3 Aug 09, 2010

Let the government know about this creep. www.ic3.gov

• Kn
    knz Mar 23, 2011

From what I've read today on one of the online legal forums, Terry Sweet, the sole proprietor of integrascan, has a criminal record himself! Not one who should be running these public databases. And unlike most sites out there, he refuses to allow for opt outs. This crook needs to be stopped and his site shut down immediately!!!

• Bo
    boots57 Apr 13, 2011

This man provides inaccurate and outdated data. He will not remove a sealed record because he stands behind the "Freedom of Information" act. I had a bogus charge, created by my ex that was thrown out and the arrest sealed by the court. However, this jerk, unlike every other reputable background company, refuses to take it off his database.

• wakrein Apr 22, 2011

You guys are crazy, I am a private affiliate for integrascan and i never once not once...have i ever had one complaint. As matter of a fact my customers are very satisfied with the service integrascan has to offer. And on top of everything some customers are returning customers. If you used integrascan and have the audacity to complain without reading the terms of service then you are a fool.

david1955 May 13, 2011

These people just got me for 54.99, i am not one to just lay down, they will not return phone calls and their information is wrong.The guy i am trying to find information has a record as long as a a bus these people SUCK, do not use this scam .

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices