Menu
Direct Checks Unlimited Sales
reviews & complaints

Direct Checks Unlimited Sales
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

21 complaints
5 resolved 16 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Direct Checks Unlimited Sales. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
B
5:47 pm

Direct Checks Unlimited Sales - Checks/shipping

Ordered on 01/21/22. They shipped on 01/26/2022. Paid for in plant rush order and per their website states UP TO 12 business days for you to receive your order. On 02/14/2022 (13 business days) called and was told that we should receive on 02/24/2022 (21 business days). Their excuse is USPS. I asked for a refund, which I did get after much discussion. NOTHING on their website shows a disclaimer that the times advertised for processing and shipping are a BIG MAYBE. Buyer beware. DO NOT ORDER unless you have a month to wait on your checks.

Desired outcome: They stated that they would process refund for full amount. I will wait and see if that actually happens.

J
10:33 am

Direct Checks Unlimited Sales - potential fraud alert checks ordered with a different mailing address

I received a letter from Checks Unlimited to let me know that they have received an order to print checks with my name and address but the name and shipping address did not coincide with mine. The letter included the order number and the name and address where Checks Unlimited was supposed to mail the checks.
They showed under Customer information my name and my address and next to it the Customer Shipping Information with the name of Jerome Nelson and address 9414 Tooley Dr Houston TX 77031-1010 defenetly not my name nor my address.
They offered me three choices to proceed,
Choice 1
Please submit a preprinted Check or deposit slip and write the 8 digit order number. If tour preprinted materials do not match the information above used option 2 or3.
Option 2
Submit check documentation outlined in option 1 and a copy of a recent utility or telephone statement which clearly showed the address to be printed on the checks.
Option 3
Check information in option 1 and take this letter to your financial Institution to complete account and financial information.
To ensure the accuracy of your order please return this letter within 5 days, please noticed that if the shipping address is different than the address printed in the check, the bank must verify both addresses.
At the bottom of the letter they had a section for the Bank representative to complete the information.

I believe Checks Unlimited by sending me this letter had stopped what was clearly a way of having real checks with all my information in the hands of a thief.

Unfortunetely the Financial institution would not do nothing, they just have fraud insurance and that would be the end of their efforts to prosecute what it is clearly the intention to comit bank fraud.

Checks Unlimited does have a process in place to minimized this problem and that is good, however my recomendation would be to always order checks from the Financial Institution, even at a higher cost, to avoid this type of situations.

4:39 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The company sent me a special promotion, which prompted me to place an order. "After" processing my order, Checks Unlimited bombarded me with emails claiming the offer was for new customers only; i.e., trying to get considerably more $$ from me. I knew I had never before placed an order with a company by this name ... and, it was the company that initiated...

D
5:56 pm

Direct Checks Unlimited Sales - fraudulent credit card charge

I ordered from this company in oct., but was just charged mar. 19 for an order I did not place. The rep would not issue a refund because there was no record of this order. She said someone with the same last name in the same state ordered then, so some mix-up occurred. However, dcu refused to rectify the matter, so my credit card company had to resolve it which meant 40 minutes on the phone, having my card cancelled, and a reissue on the way - ridiculously inconvenient and annoying. Had this merchant blocked and will never deal with this company again.

7:56 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I responded to a magazine ad for Checks Unlimited around the end of January, 2018. The total cost for the printed checks was listed at $21.75. I sent in my check and received the boxes of checks a couple weeks later. Then, after another couple weeks, I get an invoice from Checks Unlimited for a total of $89.51. That's 4 times the amount that the ad said wa...

P
8:38 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I used the reorder form included with my last order. It shows to reorder 2 boxes of checks is $31.98. When I ordered by phone the woman told me my total was $80.98. I said my reorder form shows $50 less and the offer is good until 7/15/2018. She said I'll take $10 off and make it $70.98. I said I have your form with the price and if your charging me so much more re I don't want them. She hung up the phone. Unbelievable

11:53 am

Direct Checks Unlimited Sales - fraudulent checks

Bank informed me my account has fraudulent activity from this company. I can see thousands of complaints here and not really sure how this company is still in business! And where is protocol in this nation regarding check ordering! Everyone knowing full well fraud exists! What are they doing in this nation to stop it? All checks ordered must be sent to the business or home connected to the accounts or checks and id with address must be presented when sending a money order! Wtf world do we live in where companies are allowed to distribute fraudulent materials? And you people call yourselves fbi, cia, and politicians? Really? What are you doing to stop this? And the insurance companies who have to pay out, and the banks who are inconvenienced and losing customers! What is wrong with you people?

Update by Mich Expo
Aug 10, 2017 11:55 am

Filing with the Attorney General in the state where Checks Unlimited are located.

C
1:13 pm

Direct Checks Unlimited Sales - worst experience imaginable

We placed an initial order of checks for our new business with Checks Unlimited and at first we were impressed. Security seemed good, as we had to have a conference call with them and our bank to make everyone happy. They insisted that the checks HAD to be delivered ONLY to the address printed on them, which is currently an empty building. We were PROMISED an emailed tracking number, which would have been just dandy. The plan was that we would camp out and wait for them to arrive when we saw that they were out for delivery. A week later, having heard nothing, we were unable to get anything out of their website regarding the promised order tracking, so we called Customer No-Service and got recorded messages. Next up we tried via email, and pretty much got "call Customer No-Service" responses. I finally got through to them on the phone and was told that our checks had already been delivered somewhere to someone today. A frantic search revealed that a future business neighbor had picked them up THE DAY BEFORE. The final kick in the groin was the quality of the checks. Our logo was microscopic (they did not offer us a proof prior to printing) and is all but worthless, but using them as is will be a much lesser evil than having to deal with this company EVER AGAIN. Incidentally, there was just under $325, 000 in the checking account that Checks Unlimited put at risk by their abject incompetence.

A
1:06 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went through ebates to find checks that I could use my own images. I selected 4checks.com and paid online. I was really surprised when I got a bill from artistic checks - whom I had never heard of. I told them I already paid 4checks and the email bounced back - it was from a no-reply address. I went to their website - it did not look at all familiar - and...

B
5:35 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased personal checks from this company. When they arrived they were checks for another couple in a different state. All of their personal information – checking account/routing/phone/address etc. was printed on the checks. I called the lady to let her know I had received her checks and went to the post office to overnight them to her. Having talked...

P
6:09 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered from a coupon --I ordered 4 boxes. I sent them the amount listed. They sent the checks but soon sent a bill for 61.72 plus the amount that I had mailed with the coupon. I told them I was returning them and did.I had not authorized nor was notified of any increase. They told me they shred them but now say, " oh we did not receive them. I had a...

1:03 am

Direct Checks Unlimited Sales - product delivered at last

I believe I should expunge my complaint re Check Unlimited, especially since my personal checks were finally delivered. Once I was able to get through to an actual human customer service representative, things moved along swiftly and satisfactorily. My only complaint: the company should invest dollars in human customer service representatives rather than the decidedly UNhelpful 'All lines are busy. Call back later.' CLICK. Cold...

1 comment
S
Jan 13, 2011 7:54 am

i have won the price and what i do in next step my mo . no. is [protected] and add. is india cg. raipur plz reply us

11:04 pm

Direct Checks Unlimited Sales - don't deliver product

Do not order checks from this company. You will not receive your checks. The company does not answer e-mail and the telephone numbers are totally bogus. I have not been able to reach anyone connected with this company for weeks and weeks, either by e-mail or by telephone. Do yourself a favor. Spend a little more money and order from a reputable company.

C
5:17 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Someone at their printing facility is swiping checks prior to them being bound into booklets, writing Chinese names on these these checks and then cashing checks. We got hit for $2500. When we called the company to inform them of the problem we could not get through. This happened on November 12th and we have been calling every day since then. Our bank wa...

D
1:30 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

How do they rip thee? Let me count the ways. 1. They overcharge. I made a phone order based on their bargain-priced checks. Lo and behold the cost was nearly three times as much. 2. Interestingly, there was no invoice with the order. All the better to hide the act of overcharging. 3. Zero customer service. They have ignored my repeated requests for an...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've been reading on the checks unlimited scams — & I have another story. This one is serious. (please read on) I placed my order over a month ago (end of august 2010.) this is now october 5, 2010. I have not received my checks. I called checks unlt'd. About 2 weeks ago to ask where my checks were. They told me that they had been shipped out on sept...

U
7:37 pm

Direct Checks Unlimited Sales - the checks never came to my address

I have ordered checks from this company for the past 6 years. I ordered a new set and wanted them sent to my same address I had them sent to 8 months ago when they came fine. Needless to say the woman on the phone that I ordered from 1. was rude and not kind at all, so I know she messed up my order b/c I had to complain about her a supervisor in customer service.

2. the checks NEVER came to my address and they went to my OLD address that I lived at 2 years ago.

Wait it gets better, I called a supervisor and said I wanted my checks pronto and how unhappy I was about their service of sending it to my OLD address which didn't even match the checks address which is my current one. (plus they were sent to me fine 8 months ago) Unbelievable. The supervisor reordered my checks to my current address within 1 week they are coming to me. MY other checks lingering at my old address god I hope they get sent back so they do not get into the wrong hands. The worst part is b/c of their mistake~ I have to call myself and check if they get my wrong addressed checks back to them to destroy in 3 weeks. The supervisor said they would 'try their best' to contact me when they come in, but I should call myself incase. WHATTTTTTTTTTTT? NEVER again will I order from them just awful service. You think that people handling your personal checks with personal information connected to your money would have some more secure steps with sending out such packages. I am very unhappy customer. I will never refer anyone either to them again.

N
10:58 am

Direct Checks Unlimited Sales - worst company ever

I ordered checks on 12/27 and paid $19.99 for overnight shipping. It is 1/5 and I still do not have my checks. When I called to inquire, I was told they would rush the order at no extra charge. Rush? It has been 9 days! When I started laughing about the free rush, she threatened to cancel my order. I could have ordered from my usual company for half the price and would have received the checks by now. I thought I need the overnight shipping... Live and learn. Stay clear of checks unlimited. Poor customer service!

G
9:31 am

Direct Checks Unlimited Sales - buyer beware

Watch it dont buy from this company I ordered checks the 12th of decemeber and today is jan 4 and I still dont have them. I got a email that said shipped dec 28 kansas city five hrs from me a week later still dont have them, I could have walked to kansas city and got them by now, dont buy from this company b e w a r e I reread the email I got that said it was shipped and it says allow 2 to 3 weeks for shipping, comeone two or three weeks? 5 hours away from me get real.

1:16 pm

Direct Checks Unlimited Sales - huge error

I purchased personal checks from this company. When they arrived they were checks for another couple in a different state. All of their personal information - checking account/routing/phone/address etc. was printed on the checks. I called the lady to let her know I had received her checks and went to the post office to overnite them to her. Having talked with checks unlimited several times with no remorse for having screwed up this account and not to mention my own. I just received a phone call that they have located my checks- but could not tell me what state they went to. You made a huge error and I'm being treated as a criminal. What is wrong with this picture. I asked how do I know that the person who received my checks did not copy the information to be used at a later date. With id theft on the rise one can not be to careful. Again they did not have an answer. This was my first time using them along with the party of whose checks I received needless to say both of us have decided not to use them in the near/far future. I think people should be aware of this company. That to me was a huge error and they took it as no big deal.

2 comments
F

I received my checks in the mail today and i live in HUBERT NC. 28539, so when i got my checks it says HOBERT, i called the Customer Service dept at checks unlimited today and the Cust Service Rep Kimberly says to me that they changed the font on their computers and that it shows its a U and I said to her that I know the difference between an O and a U and she continues to say to me that if I look closely its going to look like a horseshoe and yet again i said to her I know what a U is, I know what an O is and i know what a horseshoe looks like, and she said well we will send them out again to you at no charge but your probably going to get the same thing as they changed the font, i said to her if i get the checks back it better have a U and not and O. see the enclosed picture i took of their error and you tell me if you see a U or what she claims looks like a horseshoe, i am like are you that ignorant that you dont think i know what the hell the difference is. This company sucks.

View 0 more photos
Jun 22, 2010 12:36 pm

I too ordered checks from this company for the first time and will never order again. My banking information was compromised... I had a paper check drawn on my account for a check number that is located in my last box of checks. If this is suppose to be secured then someone in this company who has access to all of our information if printing phony checks and cashing them. I am now in the middle of a fraud investigation with my bank and all trails lead to "Checks Unlimited". I can not stress enough..DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. YOUR INFORMATION IS NOT SAFE! From now on I will do my ordering from my bank and skip out on the 'cute" checks. This has been the biggest nightmare of my life...

Direct Checks Unlimited Sales contacts