Complaints & Reviews

Forgeries

I am really disgusted by this company. For Christmas this year I purchased 3 items.

2) A Garbage signed 10 inch drumhead for myself

3) A Tori Amos sign guitar with artwork, which is absolutely gorgeous by the way.

ALL OF THESE ARE FAKE! I bought a Depeche Mode biography for my boyfriend for his birthday, which triggered my doubts. It was signed by the lead singer, and came with a SUPER COA. This thing was DNA tested, the whole nine yards. It looked nothing like what was purchased through Autographs America. So. I started comparing around, and have to believe the signed Lp is a total fake.

I noticed on the website, the Tori Amos guitar is back. A different guitar, but the same Artwork by Tori. Odd. How many performers would do the same thing twice...and the signature is different. The one on my guitar is a good version, but fake. I had it verified through 2 seperate auto dealers. It also doesnt look like the CD she signed for me outside of David Letterman.

The Garbage signed 10 inch drumhead was also back. Another duplicate. That one is fake as well. The only thing that matches are the "S" and the "M" for Shirley Manson. The rest of the signature is horrible.

I have called them, sent an email...as well as sending the email to my attorney. My next step is to contact the police station where they are located.

• Gi
    gillmethane Dec 23, 2011

Even though I technically haven't received anything from this company yet I would have to agree with this post. Several months ago I looked at a signed drum head that was suppose to be signed by John Mayer. Now visiting the site again I saw they still had it, and at a sale price of 94% off. I tried to place an order but the site said my card was restricted, so I tried again. After a while I checked the order area on the site and it showed I placed four separate orders. I tried to call them over and over again with no answer or way to leave a message. No email response either. Then I researched and saw the complaints online of people saying the autographs were fakes. I wrote them to tell them that I wish to cancel my orders and I also went to my bank and canceled my card I used on their site. Screw Autographs America

ed banky Dec 31, 2011

Autogrphs American bald guy gets around!

Comments

was mistaken

I too was leary about buying anything from this company. But I took a chance, and bought two of the movie disc signed by Tom Hanks and the other one was signed by Michael Douglas. I got them, and they looked good. I took them to a collectible show and found a person who was selling autographs. I showed him the two items. He told me that in his opinion, the signitures were real. He even offered to by my copy of the american president. So now I can relax. I checked further into this company and found that there were a couple of ex employees who were fired and started to post false information about the company.

• Ro
    Rock On Jan 31, 2011

Anyone "leary (sic) about buying anything from this company" would not take a chance, especially after all of the bad press Autographs America and Brian Burkel have received on the internet. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that this review is a plant from Burkel or someone acting on his behalf. As far as the story goes about disgruntled employees posting false information to discredit the company, this is the excuse that they've given in the past and it's simply not true. BUYER BEWARE – you will not find one person who has bought anything from this site that can be authenticated. They simply are a scam and should be avoided at all cost.

• Ca
    canadianjoe Feb 03, 2011

Autographs America is a scam organization with nothing but fakes. Stay away!!!

• Sp
    Spike of Windsor Feb 04, 2011

Ladies and gentlemen, I can assure you that the above letter we are commenting about; "was mistaken" has been written by Brian Burkel himself. Burkel is the lowest form of life and he will suffer one day. You think we are stupid Burkel! Were you bashed regularly Burkel when you spent 8 years in jail? We know you were bullied as a child and had an unhappy childhood. You will experience pain soon Burkel and you will be lonely.

loren serritella Mar 14, 2011

Folow Up:

I just spoke with Mr. Burkel on the phone, and he is a low life ###. Threatening me, he is a low life piece of ###.

I found his attorneys name and number, everyone should call him and voice his complaints.
    The secretary commented that he is in fact a client./
    Aric Bomsztyk Atty
    1422 Bellevue Avenue
    Seattle WA 98122

Tel: 206 621 1871

loren serritella Mar 15, 2011

lol...This guy is such a loser. the things he said to me on the phone were absolutely vile and disgusting. Its no shock this man has served 8 years in prison. It was appaling tthe way he talks to customers. I have filed a police report, for just the way he treated me on the phone. Calling me a "###", and saying "you would really spend 20 grand just to take me to court for your measly 300 bucks?". he knows what he can do, and that he can victimize people. but believe me, he will pay, in some way shape or form.

ed banky Oct 17, 2011

I don't know about all of this. They've got pictures guys signing stuff for them!!!

Comments

I paid for a Signed Monkees Guitar and I am still waiting for it.

I am absolutely appalled at the way these people do business and they should be shut down.
I am comtemplating going to the U.S. Embassy and worse case scenerio going to the T.V.Networks with affiliates in the U.S.
I wanted to treat myself to a good Christmas present last year, as I had always been a fan of the band "The Monkees" growing up. This company had their sale on at the time and I thought great I can get a bargain.
My Dad had been in Hospital with Prostate Cancer and I work two jobs to help make the ends meet.
A friend of mine had said to check them out and you will get a bargain.
I had purchased a signed AC/DC Guitar off them with no problems three weeks prior.I had to sign for the item and produce I.D for Australia Post before they would give me the item and I had to go to the Post Office to receive it.
I had done the same thing again this time, gave them the same particulars as what Australia Post had told me to do, and I had also requested a tracking number to keep an eye on it.
This thing was to be delivered to me before Christmas and I am stil waiting for it to arrive.
According to them, they are saying it is Delivered!
I have not signed for anything and I am still waiting for the goods.Australia Post have no record of me signing for an item or producing any form of I.D for any items either.
As I have told them, please you are more than welcome to bring the Australian Federal Police in to search the property and my family and friends properties also.I do not have a Monkees Guitar for which I have worked hard for and paid .
They will not respond to any more of my emails and I was dealing with a man by the name of Alex.
I now realise they are Scam Persons and should be put on t.v. and refund all monies they have scammed out of people.
Please get in contact with me with a Case Manager and I will send you copies of the emails between Alex and Myself .
This is a Disgrace
I have kept copies of some of the emails for you, I am also happy to give you an affidivit if you want to press charges.
Cheers, Angus Davidson
[protected]@hotmail.com

loren serritella Mar 14, 2011

Folow Up:

I just spoke with Mr. Burkel on the phone, and he is a low life [censor]. Threatening me, he is a low life piece of [censor].

The secretary commented that he is in fact a client.

Aric Bomsztyk Atty
    1422 Bellevue Avenue
    Seattle WA 98122

Tel: 206 621 1871

ed banky Oct 17, 2011

Sale Item! WOW!!

Accommodated me

I had purchased a Beatles album autographed by all 4 members of the Beatles from Autographs America. After...

Selling Fake Signed Stuff

I purchased a signed Van Halen guitar off Ebay in 2008 and after paying for the item Ebay alerted me that the...