Instacartthey are very bad at dealing with replacements

J

I decided try this site and paid for a for a 1 year membership. Liked the site very much and prices were also great, so it seemed like a great deal. When I received the package and opened it I found out that some items were wrong. So I contacted Instacart hoping to get a replacement and they refused! They are very bad at dealing with replacements and they do not respect their customers! I do not recommend this company!

• Di
    Dime04 Dec 21, 2020

I understand, I was an In-store shopper for about a month. And I did as good as I possibly could, what bothered me was the weird attendance system and how we are expected to shop so quickly. Sometimes I had items that did not have replacements so I would have to wait for the customer to tell me what else they would want. which would take longer than expected at times. And just as I got the hang of it and went above and beyond for my customers, I was cut because I was sick and missed too many workdays. Even though missing part of a shift because of things you cannot control, is an automatic 6 points??
    Diamond

Marcheur de Planète Dec 02, 2020

As a shopper, here the problem we are facing when we shop :

1- most of the customers do not pay attention of the replacement the shopper can do. It's your responsibility to check your phone and look at if the replacement is correct for you or not. If not, you can change it and ask the shopper for another item.

2- you can chat with your shopper. That interaction will increase the efficiency of his/her work, and then your satisfaction.
    The shoppers shop for you. NOT like you, think about it.

2- the customer app side show what the corporate listing is. But it doesn't show the real/current and so available items in the store. And that is also a problem that the customers do not understand.
    The app is NOT connected to the local inventory at any time.

3- During this pandemic, Instacart has hired over 700, 000 people to shop. And yes unfortunately some people just doesn't care, and do a bad job. And because of that and the rating system, the good ones are discarded after few low ratings (like 3 stars or even 4 stars). And then technically Instacart loose the good shoppers, because of some customers, and those shopper are replaced by new ones, who will not do a better job on the long term.

I am doing that full time, and because of some very picky customers, I struggle to keep my revenue up. And Just two 3 stars, make me loosing my revenue by 60%. So think about it.