Incredimaillifetime license codes have been cancelled

A

Hello there

A few years ago, I purchased from Incredimail, two full license codes. Incredimail was free but, we were informed by Incredimail that we could have a lifetime license called Incredimail 'Premium' if we paid them fee. For this, all adverts would be removed.

We purchased two sets of codes, as we had several computers. We were told we could use each code for up to three computers.

The license codes are as follows:

Incredimail Mail 1 IM_PREM-[protected]-[protected]
Letter Creator 1 IM_LTWIZ-[protected]-[protected]

Incredimail Mail 2 IM_PREM-[protected]-[protected]
Letter Creator 2 IM_LTWIZ-[protected]-[protected]

A couple of years later, Incredimail introduced another product called Incredimail 'Gold'. We were informed that, if we purchased a further license, we could have even 'better' resources. However, Incredimail Premium was enough for us, so we decided not to upgrade to 'Gold'.

So, you can imagine our anger when we find that the Incredimail 'Premium' program suddenly has adverts. Not just in the program but attached to all the email we send. It is causing problems and we want them removed!

When I check to the license area, in the IncrediMail program, I find that the license code has been removed. When I put the license code back into the box, I am informed that an error has occurred and that the license codes are not recognised any longer. In other words, Incredimail has downloaded into my program, some kind of upgrade without my permission. This upgrade has removed my license codes and put adverts back into the program. They have managed to do this even with my 'download upgrade' box un-ticked.

In the very annoying and flashing adverts, we are instructed that if we want to remove the adverts, we need to purchase the Incredimail 'Gold'.

So, what exactly did we pay for when we purchased the 'lifetime' Incredimail 'Premium'?

How can a company get away with this blatant exploitation?

Either they must give me my money back or they must reintroduce a system where the license codes that I purchased, are recognised.

I look forward to hear from you on how this can be remedied.

Regards
A. Jackson

• Qui P. Dec 30, 2017

Same here.

It is an outrageous impertinence that a company simply gives their product a new name ('Plus' instead of 'Xe' or 'Premium') or a new version number (Plus 2.x instead of Xe 6.x) and considers that an excuse to cancel previous contracts (licenses) to harass their customers with advertisements again, in order to force them to pay for new licenses.

If one could at least obtain a new lifetime license by paying again, well, still extortion, but many might bite the bullet. Instead, licenses for the package of IncrediMail Plus, Spam Protector, Gold Gallery, Emojis Pack and Letter Creator cost over €150 EUR per year in December 2017, or €110 EUR if you are lucky to find a coupon code or buy during a sale.

By comparison, in November 2017, lifetime (not annual) licenses for other e-mail client software cost ...
    • eM Client Pro = €40.47 EUR
    • Mailbird Pro = €21.20 EUR
    • Postbox Pro = €25.10 EUR

With WikMail no longer among us, it is about time the competitors implemented backgrounds, animations and sounds in their programs, too, so that customers have an alternative to Perion, a company that proudly greets visitors of their website boasting about «Data driven Ad Tech Solutions for Brands & Publishers».

Comments

• Ly
    Lynn Rosebur Dec 18, 2017

I have the same issue. Plus they sent me a file to delete the license folder so that I could re-enter my codes and now it will not register anything. I believe that this company is trying to make EVERYONE who had lifetime codes use their new version (IM PLUS) so that we will have to pay a YEARLY fee. They need a class action sue against them.

• To
    toeknee1968 Dec 21, 2017

@Lynn Rosebur i agree, they did this to me also, has anyone got a reply in regards to the complaint they have made?

• Ve
    Verna60 Apr 28, 2018

@toeknee1968 Yes, I called Incredimail customer service I was told I'd have to pay a tech support fee of $50, I explained it was a lifetime license, the person on the phone tried telling it was a issue with my computer & I'd have to let tech support have access to it to fix the problem for $50. I told them Incredimail has turned into a scam company & hung up. After doing some digging the company sold out & I guess the new owners are shadey as you know what!