• Ji
    jim kelly Nov 22, 2010

I agree with you 100%
    Even the staff in the program are stupid do not respect the right of user

• Or
    OrByXx Nov 21, 2010

@fairJustice and @BADDARMYGRRL
    ...wow..you both are the reason why people don't like IMVU. You post your comment for people to see. This is a complaintsboard, so what do you expect? Each of you are telling and posing your opinions, so just because one of you like it, doesn't mean another will and just because one of you don't like it, doesn't mean another won't..you complain and complain and yes, so am I. Chill out, it's human nature. Don't be a hypocrite. Yes, there are the good things, but there are also the bad things. Many people have experienced bad things, but many people also have experienced good things. This is 2010 not 2009. It's changed and I'm sure I would know because I have been playing for about 4 years now. People are not as childish although some are. People are more serious and no, it's not all about dating and cybering. It may be more of a normal conversation it just depends which room you are in and who you are talking to. People talk express their opinions which is normal and if you don't like it, simply leave the room. Yes, there will always be [censor]s and people who will dislike you or hate you, but you may also make new, actual friends. That doesn't mean you have no life, in fact, you have an even greater life communication with people around the world, outside of your environment. Don't scream at each other for sharing their experience, that's what these comment texts are for. There's nothing wrong with that, but there is a limit. If you are full of rage, then stop talking to the other person, if you are confused, then ask! Well if it makes you feel better even just a little bit, there are games included now...if not, then that's obviously okay too. Look, the point is, acknowledge each other's opinion because they aren't always going to be the same, and it's normal..I mean..we are human...

Mera123123thatsimvuuser Nov 20, 2010

i love dis game but some people are disrespectful...:D but thats ok with me!

Mera123123thatsimvuuser Nov 20, 2010

wow dats cool and dat sux

Mera123123thatsimvuuser Nov 20, 2010

I agree i hate imvu it sucks balls..want to no why?i went to recovery and it tells me some random password and it wasnt it- i typed it in 50 times still...wait i just got a new one and it works wish me luck add me (Mera123123)

LestatsPrince Nov 18, 2010

One more thing. There are several beta acknowledgements tor imvu. Viruses can be received through site access. But, that's any site you travel to. (Most)"Beta would never introduce a product that has viruses!-Nikkidaboss" Are you seriously expecting anyone to believe that you know ANYTHING about computers, with the [censor]ic statements you are making? Dude, stfu. Beta didn't introduce imvu, [censor]. Beta is the status imvu is in. Beginner program. An open beta version is one released to the general public, intended to provide the functionality, whilst also using arising errors to fix existing issues in the application. Dude, stop feeding this people your ignorance, and go back to preschool. People, you have the sense to know that the complexity of this program is not of child-like nature. You will need a few things to run it. But not a super computer. No massive video card is needed. A factory listed, low level desktop, with one gig of memory, will run imvu. Not great. But it will run it. And, Vista runs imvu fine. Most of the people there use Vista. I use it. My avatar name is LestatsPrince. I develop, and have cool [censor] friends. Find us. We'll show you what it's about, and how to enjoy it. Thanks.

LestatsPrince Nov 18, 2010

Perhaps you should pay better attention in class. Vista is perfectly fine for running imvu. I, and 50, 000 more use it. Memory is a key issue for running imvu. You won't run it in a satisfactory state, using one gig. It can be run on 1 gig. I do it on my desktop. Also, some of your crashes may be derived from old technology. I do not recommend running the program on a 10 yr old comp. Get something new. If you can't afford something new, coming here and whining about it will not change the way the program runs. Imvu is not going to alter the program to suit your needs. It's a social community people. Not a pleasure world, created to suit your needs, and your needs alone. Stick around, and see what comes of it. If you're not happy with it, move on. Nothing lost.

• Gu
    GuestAccount Nov 04, 2010

As a long time user of imvu I feel I need to point out a management flaw in the way the service is run. Instead of fixing long standing existing bugs in the client, they continue to add new features, many that the users scream they do not want. Until imvu gets their act together, it is not a wise investment of anyone's money. If someone needs to try it out, do not waste any money upgrading to an AP account, the experience is the same. Safety appears to be a secondary concern to imvu also. They have a report for abuse system for the users, but all they ever do is give copy and paste responses to support requests that they obviously have not read. Every time you file a ticket to report abuse and you state all of the steps you have already taken to stop it, they will send you a copy and paste message back telling you to do what you have already stated you have done. They have inadequate age confirmation systems in place, so that children can get access to the more adult portion of the site, and predators can and do easily pose as minors.

nikkidaboss1 Oct 30, 2010

imvu dose not give you a virus. your computer just dose not have the material. there is allot of requirements for beta programs, and thats what they did wrong not telling users about that. but, imvu will slow down your computer no questions asked. look at your computer. how much gm, RAM, DIGITAL MEMORY AND KM W/ GIGS DO YOU HAVE? DO U HAVE AN EXCPENCIVE GRAPHICS CARD? DO YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING: XP, WINDOWS 7? (VISTA IS A BAD IDEA FOR IMVU)AND JUST BECAUSE UR TO POOR TO PAY, DOSE NOT MEAN THAT IMVU IS A WASTE OF MONEY. IMVU IS FOR 16+ AND 16 IS OLD ENOUGH TO MAKE 25 BUCKS, GO TO A LOCAL PHARMACY BUY A GREEN DOT RELABEL CARD OR A VISA GIFT CARD AND USE IT TO BUY VIP. VISA GIFT CARDS AREN'T EVEN IN YOUR NAME IT'S JUST A CARD. I'M 11 YEARS OLD AND I GO TO HUG TECH SO I KNOW ABOUT COMPUTERS IMVU IS NOT A MALE-WAR OR SPYWARE IT'S A DIGITAL SOCIAL NETWORK THAT REQUIRES SOMETHING MOST COMPUTERS DO NOT HAVE.

nikkidaboss1 Oct 30, 2010

imvu is not a scam, or a waste or time! beta would never introduce a product that has viruses. if they did, they wouldn't have one of the internet's largest social networks. the only reason some computers get slow with imvu, is that 1 imvu is a high quality graphic and digital game, winch requires xp not vista and windows 7 is acceptable. reason 2 your computer isn't fully equipped witch means the DVDs digital card not a cheap one, adobe, the latest flash player, and more than 123000 gm and or ram and over 4500 RAM. 3 IS BECAUSE YOU ALREADY HAD VIRUSES. AND BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO PAY MONEY DOSE NOT MAKE IT A WASTE OF TIME IMVU IS FOR TEENS AND ADULTS THAT SHOULD HAVE A JOB. I'M 16 AND I CAN WALK OVER TO CVS PHARMACY AND GET A VISA GIFT CARD FOR 20$ AND KEEP ADDING MONEY TO SHOP ONLINE. YOU MUST BE STUPID POOR IF TOU DON'T HAVE 20$.

Nightmare-Rex Oct 05, 2010

yes very stupid indeed why would you PAY MONEY FOR FAKE CLOTHES!?! while you CAN buy REAL clothes and other acceserys in real life. it seems as that site is for rich people so they can waste mony on fake VIRTUAL clothes? WTF? now I understand actual gaming is different that makes sense and can be worth it as times however for a stupid avatar you need to pay money? and 150$ for what a stuck-ip avatar. mow with 150$ I can buy real ICP clothes for my real self or buy myself 3 hackable PSP phats. I think you should earn the cloths llike MOST vid-games out there with FAKE game money. also if you want a cool avatar you can draw one yourself witch is fully customizable.

LestatsPrince Oct 05, 2010

Imvu is a beta game. It has issues. You take a risk playing anything online. I don't feel anyone should be ignored, but naturally, you are not the only person they deal with. There are plenty of educated rooms, and educated people there. Look around. You're not the only intelligent person on imvu. Just because you had a bad experience, doesn't mean the whole program "sucks". It's an amazing opportunity for open-minded people to communicate with others across the globe. Just like anywhere else, there are immature idiots there. But keeping clear of them isn't as hard as you make it out to be. I find it hilarious how people just slander anything that doesn't exceed their expectations. I have been there for quite some time. I had a previous avi that got deleted. I had over $2000 in it. Sometimes, it's the price you pay. You shouldn't have to. But, what can you do? Whine about it? That accomplishes nothing. I have an avi now with over $5000 in it. I develop, and play in numerous competitions. If i lose this avi, it's hard to say if i'll create another. But, i have made some wonderful friends there, that i communicate with in rl. Imvu is what you make of it. If you choose not to be there, it wont matter to them. 1000 others will take your place. Whether you're there or not, the idiots will be. It's life, in a machine. Deal with it, or don't. Your choice. LestatsPrince

IMVU?POOR! Sep 10, 2010

This whole game sucks! It's just that they don't give even a single centavo credit everyday. They have to wait for days to launch events that would let them give away credits.
    How will the poor people withstand the discrimination of the rich people on the game? You see, I'm one of the poor people around this game. Some would even say "NOOB" or they would even boot us. THEY'RE TOTAL PARANOIDS! So please, give us even a single centavo credit everyday. That's just my suggestion. To sum up all of this, IMVU INC. IS POOR. [ NO OFFENSE ] ENJOY THE POOR LIFE IMVU!

• Ye
    yellowgreen Sep 09, 2010

Imvu disabled my account that i payed for!! why r they allowed 2 permanently ban without warning!? they STEAL ur MONEY!!

• To
    toyamamababa Aug 24, 2010

i think imvu is great but let the people get on without registering or downloading it's totally unfair that way

• Be
    betchh123 Aug 23, 2010

no watz a waste of time is u makin a imvu for no reason n u makin thiz account watz next? u thinkin ur website account is wronq on bein type or not write on cussin they cuss here 2 n its a waste of time 2 duh

• Be
    betchh123 Aug 23, 2010

stfu everbodyy!!! okz? iif u hatee imvu thenn juz quit talkin bout it n tak it out of ur figgin mind... y da hell were u thinkin wen u found imvu? huh? maybe cuz u shouldnt of funkin made 1 kuz liek forrealz watz da hell idc if u aggredd haterz

• Yo
    youngmoney94 Aug 23, 2010

i [censor]in hate this game. the people on their are so childish and immature regardless of their age. they think they are better than you in so many ways and act all tough on it. Seriouolsy i quit this game game because it is a waste of time and money

sam2255 Aug 22, 2010

i hate imvu! they are liars ! i bought some credits and they told me my order was pending then they sent me a message and said they gave me a refund but when i checked my credit card they didnt send a refund! i waited for days and still no refund! [censor] imvu!! dont buy credits from the website. if u want to buy credits u should buy from www.imvuce.com or www.anshex.com best cheap credits and delivers the credits immediatly

• Sk
    SkyCat Aug 18, 2010

._. Some people are trolling ... well on imvu's behalf i will say this Two camels in a tiny car, kay? you dun like imvu then dun play the stupid game, you must have done something bad to get disabled or get reported alot by your haters. really why troll over this.. me i spent over 400$ on imvu when i think anout yuh it was a waste.. yet i still keep buying credits. SO shut your trolling mouth and don't pay for games you might get disabled on or just be a good person and not be such a troll all the time no wonder people dun like you on the game

ImvuIsATotalScam Aug 18, 2010

Yes, I totally agree with everyone who's been posting comments imvu is a total rip off, The people are very disrespectfull especially the vips (no offense) But yes the vips are extremely rude to newbies i mysellf am not a newbie i am a vip and have a good status in imvu. But when i am in chatrooms the most vips cuss at the one's who just joined up for being a slutty noob or something like that... Thats just plain rude also when i click on chat now Almost every person i talk to begins cussing, swearing, hating, asking cyber sex on/from me.
    Once i had buyed alot of clothing and skins and the next week i logged in i got a message that the skins and clothing were inaproppiate or something like that...The message also stated that i would get a refund and get my 4000 credits back... I never got them back in other words i spent 4000 credits for nothing and i never got them back. I messaged the imvu inc? who took away my clothes and skins about this and i messaged her saying that i never got my credits back. She never responed. And i also never got them back, I was extremely pissed off. I used to be a guest_ And i am going to be honest to play on imvu you gotta pay else its really no fun i remeber when i used to be a guest_ i got constantly called a noob and always got disrespected i was always banned from imvu chatrooms for being a Guest_. When your a guest_ you only get about [protected] creditts? And when you do surveys to get credits they never give you the credits. Then i payed for my vip card i have to admit it is very nice when you are a vip but the people still suck. In imvu i think they have worms in imvu program and viruses because i have noticed after i installed imvu about a 3 weeks later my pc started going extremely slow rograms wouldent open programs would get stuck. When someone's spamming or doing anything that should get the person banned from imvu imvu just allows it 9000 people can report him imvu doesent do [censor] about it. I advice not playing imvu 1.The people are extremly disrespectfull and rude 2.imvu is a total rip off and steals your money 3.When you pay for credits or cards or bundles you have 65 percent chance that you will not get what you paid for or will not get ANYTHING. 4.To play you need to pay. 5.Imvu workers don't do anything about problems they dont respond to people who messaged them about things they dident get or problems they have 6.Imvu never gives a refund. And last: IMVU IS A SCAM ITS FULL OF WORMS AND VIRUSSES ITS A TOTAL RIP OFF AND THE [censor]ING IMVU WORKERS CANT WORK FOR [censor] OR COUNT THEY RIP YOU OFF AND THEIR GODDAMN MONEY WOLFES DONT INSTALL IT [censor]ING REPORT OR SUE THEIR [censor]!!

• La
    Lashawn23 Aug 03, 2018

@ImvuIsATotalScam you can't SUE IMVU. Because that will be a waste of time. IMVU will not care.

• Di
    Diamondprincess Aug 15, 2010

I've been using IMVU for nearly a year, I experienced one single problem with them and that was I couldn't play any mixes and I bough alot of music so I was upset.I sent them a message and they said to uninstall and reinstall and I did and my mixes still didnt work so i updated my ticket and a few days later it worked again! I was so happy, Imvu in no way interferes with my social life or my school work and anyone who lets IMVU do that is a complete imbecile..People are rude on IMVU and not only there in rl too so when people say they wont go there cause the people are rude it makes me wonder if people aren't rude all over.People need to buy their [censor] and stop being so cheap and if you can't afford it, just dont play!! Simple as that.To be honest the graphics aren't [censor] either, its really nice and a friend told me its nicer than any online chat she ever played including second life etc..Someone reported me on IMVU and they sent me a message but I was never disabled and IMVU is a business and like any business the most important goal is to actually make money so yes they have some steps in place to make sure that they do, Is that a crime!! Stop being so cheap and play of don't..IMVU must be really important for you all to be here making complaints, me on the other hand just a lil bored and had a good laugh reading all this crap :)

• Lo
    LouisahZeMoofin Aug 09, 2010

Now I have a few complaints about IMVU to be honest.

I only started playing IMVU like, a couple of weeks ago and I haven't bought any real credits, gone to VIP or whatever. I haven't spent any real money for the online community. So I'm basically stuck with the promo credits.
    What annoys me about this is it is near to impossible to earn a decent amount of these promo credits; once I've done everything that's possible and simple to do on IMVU's "Earn Credits" page, I'm still left with only a small amount of promo credits. And then when I go to buy items with this amount, I find I can only buy one or two things as everything is priced ridiculously high!

Another problem with IMVU in my case is that I have created a couple of accounts on IMVU and when you go to sign up and go through account registration and stuff, on my first account at the end of the registration (on the page where it says "Install IMVU now and receive this room and extra items!") I find that I've only earned 1, 500 credits.
    Whereas, when I created my second account and did the same process, at the end of it I found I'd earned 3, 500 credits.
    Now at first I was chuffed to know I'd earned that much than on my first account, but when I went to shop for clothes for my avatar I found some items that I had bought on my first account were priced twice as much as they were when I bought them on my other account, and they were the exact same item by the exact same developer. So what's up with that?

Also, this is more of a question, not a complaint.. but does anyone know why I'm unable to try on bundles in the shop but yet I can buy them ?
    Everytime I go to try on a bundle, it says it can't be worn by my avatar. Can only VIP accounts wear bundles? If so, why are non-VIP accounts still able to buy them if they can't wear them?
    Is it just IMVU trying to scam us? :/
    Thanks for reading and I appreciate your help!

• To
    ToxicJoon Aug 02, 2010

I, personally, love IMVU. I have created a fairly successful business creating and selling virtual products, and so far have made a profit of about $200 over the past few months ("Credits" used to create the products and used to buy stuff for my avatar deducted).
    However, IMVU is TERRIBLE at answering complaints, as usually it takes 3-4 weeks for my questions to be answered, but usually they set it straight in the end, and I rarely have problems with the site.
    It does cost money. I won't deny that. And "noobs" are heckled in some chatrooms, but I found that if you stick around for a month or so, people get more respectful and you are able to weed out the bad chatrooms where swearing and sexual comments are common, and stick with chatrooms that you prefer. I've made quite a few good friends and penpals on IMVU... you just have to stick around and find the good people :]

• Sn
    snookie pooh Aug 01, 2010

Ohkk luk ..imvu is geekin ohkaa...! But if u cn buy me ap ill buy u 25.555 credzz I promise but add me at jj23465 thnxx u plzz sumbdy buy me sum dam ap I need it dam or. Sumtin but tawq twe meh at imvu¤ ndd I kno I dnt like speelin ryte I type ghetto srry ha. thnnxx plzz get mee ap ndd ill get u credzz plzzz thnxx ! Ndd I'm very rich on imvu . Tew let u kno

• Lu
    LuCy lArA Jul 11, 2010

hi ... ok 1st i invited somenone to imvu and they made one the thing is i only sent it because i wanted to to get 1000 credits but i go check and didnt get any.

p.s i dont like anwsering those stupid survey asking for personal info why wont u put games like zwinky does.im still using imvu i really like it but what i dont like is the way we have to get credits and the pet thing its is ok but i only get paid 15 credits.so the only problem i have with imvu is the credits CREDITS CREDITS CREDITS!!!

THANK YOU!!!

• Ju
    judasmasterson Jul 04, 2010

Even the so-called "civil" groups like "Brains Required" have since been taken over by control-hungry moderators who boot anyone who disagrees with them. There's no where left to go on IMVU where people will treat you like a human being.

• Mr
    mrsbehaven Jul 01, 2010

What happend to me was I bought something I looked in my wardrobe and it was there so I checked today in shirts and It wasen't there so I had to save it as an outfit just to wear the shirt it was not in shirts when I clicked "Dress up" So when I went to imvu today my avi was still wearing it...yet! It was no in my wardrobe which I HAD Purchesed it. Wasted creadits probibly l:

• Ar
    Arabelle Jun 25, 2010

Yeah I bought 30.oo dollars worth of credits just the other day, and I didn't receive any i also got 500.00 Dollars fee on my phone bill, and i didn't even receive any credits. VIP (I might get) really should have other options on getting it, Acess pass (Which i have) is too filthy... >, < and there are allot of rude people, so i stick with the Christian groups. My Avatar name is Araiknee add me ^.^

iMeMexForever Jun 22, 2010

i agree too, well im 14 and i been on imvu since i was 11. My imvu person is iMeMexForver, imvu can make you do silly things like lie and say your 18 to get with sum cute virtual dude [ i did that ] . then i realize this is all FAKE..you knoe what am i doing this is not me in real life so why act this way. But anyway, imvu is such an [censor], i had invited a friend to imvu and they said i wil get 1, 150 credits i never did. Nd I THINK WE SHOULD TRY AS A GROUP TO TAKE IMVU DOWN. EVERYONE FORWARD PEOPLE IN YAHOO, GMAIL ECT..

• Gu
    Guests_dario1 Jun 21, 2010

Imvu sucks people living in certain places don't have the same credit cards they want you to use, and it's almost impossible to get free credits. They updating the game but i see no updates, it's still slow and long loading. Only updating there is, is higher price to pay for things. Imvu you need to update your BRAINS cause you SUCK!!!1

imsopissedgrrrr Jun 01, 2010

ugh i was vip last 4 days i been here since 2009 and i waisted everything on my [censor]ing avatar and it got disabled and pst they didnt even send a [censor]ing notification to me that they where going to disabled it i lost everything i had on imvu.imvu sucks:(

• Ex
    ex-imvumember May 07, 2010

Imvu can ruin your life. It has made me very mean to people who were disrespectful to me. It is not good and not healthy. I quit using imvu and don't recommend that anyone tries it. I hope that the people who caused me harm and I caused them harm back are going to be okay because I didn't want to make anyone upset in real life. These people are disrespectful and rude and should find other things to do besides harass people onine.

• Aa
    AaronSethSomeonexD Apr 22, 2010

People, gees. I do agree that some people on there are jerks, and I have reported people because of the things they were saying. It was awful Dx BUT there is no reason to diss everyone on the site, because I really highly doubt that anyone of you know over 10, 000 people and thats just a small amount of the people on there.
    I also do agree that imvu needs to help its users more. I am a Vip but they never gave me my 5, 000 credits for the months december and jan. But, because of this, I got a refund for those two months soon after I reported the problem. That though is the only help I've ever gotten from them, and I have reported several problems.
    I also have one more thing to say: WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE WASTEING YOUR TIME DISSING PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW?? To me, that makes you the dumb ###, the mother ###er, the what-ever-cuss-word-that-makes-you-seem-low-lifed-which-you-probably-are, because thats judging people without knowing them first. Which is s t u p i d.
    MHM.

• De
    debb444 Apr 09, 2010

ok this is my complaint is i bought a bundle called Northern Light paradise by pretty kitty i acidently hit the snow fall botton and its snowing in three of my houses and i cant stop it plz help me. debb 444.

texasnati Mar 17, 2010

hey i would like to know if when you by credits it takes a few days to recibe them??

texasnati Mar 17, 2010

hey i wanted to know somethig if when u buy credits it takes a few days to recibe them??

texasnati Mar 17, 2010

hey i would like to know how many days is it till i get your credits couse i bought 15.000 crdits yestarday and i would like to know when ill get them.
    i bought 2 times the 15.000 pac and i still havent got my credits.
    could you please answer me about that

• El
    elainetong Mar 17, 2010

I am a member of imvu and my account "gagaliciousme" was banned for no reason
    some people says that they want my avatar name to premium so they can seel for
    a 100$ imvu is such a liar they are very bad they are robbing i bouhgt acess pass
    and vip membership but my account get banned for no reason, i designed my avatar
    very very good and then they will just banned it NO way they mus go to JAIL i hate imvu
    they're stupic, i wasted too much money on this game more than 500$ how dare them do that
    i DISAGREE with them!

• Xx
    XxNiQuExX09 Mar 03, 2010

why the heck did i get disabled/?? i wasnt even freakin important enough to get contacted about this bull??!!! this is nonsene me and my freakin brother got disabled and WE DNT KNOW WHY! AFTER ALL THE MONEY I SPENT ON THIS CRAP I THOUGHT I COULD U SE IMVU AS MY GETAWAY FROM STUPID CRAP IN REAL LIFE AND THEN THIS CRAP HAPPENS!!! WTH MAN