Icon Payment SolutionsDishonest/Thieves

We met with Jon Cannon their sales rep. who went over all of the charges and fees. We process with Quick Books and he assured us that there would be no problems interfacing directly with Quick Books. He also had us sign up for a lease on machines to process the credit cards. The company that suppodsedly interfaces with our Quickbooks did not, the machines they sent to us were shipped incomplete over the span of a month. The customer service/technical service was a nightmare and for all of these reasons we cancelled our processing agreement with Icon. We informed them that they also needed to cancel the lease agreement for the equipment that we are unable to use. They said we needed to call the leasing company and cancel it. We called that company and they informed us that Icon is the only company that can cancel it because they had financed the equipment through them and they needed to return the money for the equpiment lease. I have spoken with Valerie at their customer service, she can't cancel the lease and can't return the money, I have spoken with the sales rep Jon Cannon and he can't cancel the lease and return the money. I have spoken with the owner Sean Mecham and he can't do anything it seems, he never calls you back. He told me he would get things taken care of and that was the last I heard from him. In short, they recieved money from the leasing company for the equipment, and are now keeping the money even though they are not providing any service to my company. Completely dishonest and without a doubt the most dishonest company that I have encountered. My suggestions is that you run the other direction if theyh come calling on you. They are so shady that they don't answer their customer service phone number when you call it, they make you leave a message and screen their calls so they know wether or not to call you. I also suggest that you do a google search on Icon Payment Solutions, you will see that I am not the only person saying these things, it seems Icon has a reputation for doing these type of things. If you have any questions, please call me at [protected].

• Ia
    IaC853 Dec 12, 2012

I see that most of these posts are from 2009/2010 and ICON is still in business and still as crooked as ever. I too wished I would have researched them before signing a contract. I had in writing that I could cancel at any time without any penalties or fees. I did not initial the part of the First Data contract that said "I know this lease is NON-cancellable." (as instructed by JR Martoia - the sales rep) and ICON later forged my initials in the box. In hindsight I should have crossed out the line and made copies before he left. I have contacted First Data a couple of times in regards to the lies and forgery but as mentioned in other posts; they will not cancel the lease. In all my years of doing business I have never dealt with a company such as ICON which has absolutely no ethical or moral standards in their business dealings. If interested; visit /edited/ to read posts from former employees - they verify everything that is written. I am going to have business cards and car magnets made warning everyone to stay away from this company.

• Mr
    mrcvwolf777 Nov 07, 2012

I am still being screwed over by these people after a whole year!!! I have sent letters and monies and threats and made numerous phone calls all to no avail... Have any of you gotten any resolution or found a way to get First DAta to stop charging your accounts????? Please help. Reply to [email protected] with ICON as the subject.

jordynn Mar 24, 2011

i used to work for icon and i got screwed over really bad, quite a few other people that worked there did as well, we all got fake pay checks & treated horribly by the management that was a joke.
    im trying to get together as many people as i can to prove that they are a full of [censor] company, so that justice is made. im deeply sorry for those of you who got cheated into contracts & im happy to say that i never
    personally made one or did a sale, i knew it wasnt right from the beginning & now i know why. thank you for posting all of this, without u guys i wouldnt have any proof that i need for my attorney!!!
    if youd like to help me out with this & be a part of closing this company down, if we are able, give me a call at [protected]

• Be
    bekele Kassaye Oct 27, 2010

Icon Payment System along with Lease Finance group LLC are
    dishonestr and thieves. They embede theft in the body of their contracts and later they will tell you this is what you signed. Four year contract. wHEN i SIGNED WITH THEM THEY TOLD ME THAT i CAN CANCEL ANY TIME NO CONTARACTS.
    Later on They produced a page where my signature shows That I have agreed for a four year equipment lease. I cancelled ICON payment system but I have been robbed by lease finance group even after I returned the equipment. They keep harrasing me with phone calls and letters. I am rfefusing to be bullied by thugs like Icon and LFG.
    Bekele

• Da
    dave85374 Sep 28, 2010

LOL. Glad I read this. I have a rep coming in on October 5th. After they called me I immediately called Flagship Merchant Services and they gave me the heads up. Little does this guy know that every word he says will be on the record as I have a tiny video camera and microphone that records every visitor. I will be sure to post the video.

• Sh
    Shawn489 Apr 21, 2010

Just got duked by these crooks also. I should have googled these jokers first off. Change your bank account so they don't charge you their ridiculous fees. JENNY HASKETT,
    ICON's san diego rep, is a scam con artist and will not return any of your calls.

BE WARE OF ICON PAYMENT SOLOUTIONS

jason72 Apr 13, 2010

BIG TIME SCAM. Same thing happened to me about a week ago...this company is a con artist and bunch of crooks!!! We all need to come together as a team against this company and they need to be STOPPED A.S.A.P.

Let's all resolve this matter as a team. Call me at 858.761.2331 and ask for Jason.

• 12
    123JMK Mar 09, 2010

3/2010
    I also met Jon Cannon today. I never made an appointment with him but he insisted that he wait for the owner. He spoke five minutes on what his company do: as a wholesaler who will provide lower fees. I didn't give out my merchant statement but, he did said that he wasted 1 hour 30 minutes to come to an appointment that I never made. I'm glad I googled ICON Payment Solutions because it seems like everyone had a horrible experience.

• Ri
    Richard F. Feb 22, 2010

SCAM! I got scammed by Northern leasing five years ago and when ICON called me I had flashbacks. After googling their name I realized it is EXACTLY the same scam.

I suggest making an appointment with the rep and have the cops waiting there to handcuff the jerk/jerette when they arrive.

PLEASE let all your business contacts know ICON is on the prowl.

Richard

• Sc
    scam on a large scale Aug 27, 2009

I have written many many complaints against Icon and First Data to different agencies. Even after explaning First Data about what has happened they just give me an attitude. One person even said they really dont care all they care is that there is a lease and I am leagally bound to it. Everyone you talk to at First Data are really really rude and dont know what the hell they are talking about. They keep transferring you from one department to another than you have to tell them the whole story again and one day I was on the phone with First Data for 3 hrs just being thrown as a yo yo from one department to another. I filed fraund papers with First Data and after they received it they tell me its not fraud as I have signed the papers so it really doesnt mean anything to them. All they care is I am in a lease and they want the money. When I spoke to Jenny Haskett I had made it very clear that I didnt want to get into a contract and I would want to be able to cancel services whenever I want and she said everything is as you want. Yeah right she is one con artist who has got me into a mess. WHen I asked FIRST DATA that I wanted to see a copy of my contract they wanted to charge me a fee to see it. I said what???????????? After almost 20 days I am still going back and forth with First DATA and they still are giving me a hard time. PLEASE PLEASE BEWARE OF ICON PAYMENT SOLUTIONS AND FIRST DATA both are equal crooks all they want is your money and they dont give a monkeys about anything else... If there is anything you want to know or someone has some advice for me please call me [protected]. I hope some lawyer looks at this and helps me out a bit...

• Sc
    scam on a large scale Aug 27, 2009

Icon Payment Solutions contacted me over the phone to congratulate me on qualifying for "wholesale pricing" on my credit card processing. Intrigued by the offer I set up an appointment with Jenny Haskett, sales rep. At our first meeting she offered on a credit card machine, 1.8% processing fee and NO per item charge. WOW! This is great - I am going to SAVE over $200/month on fees.
    At this point I didnt need any equipment as I am in business for 12yr and already had all the equipment I need to process credit cards. I told her I was not going to sign any papers without my husband looking at it. She said I have to drive alot to come back just to get signatures so why dont we do the paper work and I will give you some time and when you call me I will turn in the paperwork. She didnt leave me with a copy of my papers but promised she would email me the contract. Guess what she never emailed me my contract nothing and the next thing I know is I have recieved equipment that I never asked for and a transaction into my checking account. I didnt authorize any of it.

Unfortunately I researched ICON Payment Solutions AFTER I signed the contract and found some disturbing posts on the internet. ICON called several times to "activate" my machine. I refused to do so until I received a copy of my contract. The copy never came and I NEVER even plugged in the machine.
    I finally after calling Icon constantly two days in a row I got someone to email me a cancellation letter which they did and I signed and faxed back but I was told that I was still obligated to the lease with FIRST DATA. I am not aware of me signing any lease for equipment as I did not need any. I called First Data and they gave me the run around as well. Saying I cant cancell the lease as they have already paid Icon for the equipment. Now I do not have a merchant number or a lease number with them and they just wont do anything about it.
    I told them I was cancelling the contract and they said the contract was non-cancellable.
    This contract was attained through fraudulant means and I contend that the contract was never valid. I will be filing with the attorney generals of California and Arizona to alert the public of this ongoing SCAM. Please beware of anyone calling from ICON Payment Finance Group . I am POSITIVE that if the original signed contract ever emerged I could prove that it was ALTERED.
    I would really appreciate it if you would look into the amount of complaints on the internet against this company and do something about it.

• Ec
    econoline Jul 08, 2009

I have also had issues with Jon Cannon and ICON payments solutions. I wasn't getting any response from their customer service number or from Jon Cannon so I physically went to their location. I was surprised they actually have offices after the lack of service. After the man hiding under his desk popped up because he thought I left, he finally came to the door since he saw me waving at him. He pulled my file and finally called me back he next day, unfortunately I was on the phone with an important person and couldn't speak to them. Basically they are charging me $149.69 plus tax per month for 48 months (over $7000) for a $250 piece of equipment. When I called their support line, the told me I needed to purchase a filter for my piece of $%^ machine. So much for support and a lease. I also called the leasing company and they can't do anything for the lease because the money has been given to PPS/ICON, and ICON won't do anything for the lease. They didn't follow through on any of their promises of service. I had QuickBooks and have since switched POS systems so I can process HSA/FSA accounts, but because I am stuck with their lousy product, I am losing customers because they can't deliver.

I hope no one else gets suckered into their bad contracts!