IcelandairFlight that was cancelled

K Oct 11, 2021

I had booked a trip May of 2020 on Iceland air, however the flight was cancelled due to covid. When we were finally able to fly again through Iceland air as Americans I called to book a trip. Originally I called Expedia and they said the credit had expired on May 27, 2021. They told me to call Iceland air, Iceland air said I needed to talk to expedia. Either way no one could help me. I just feel it is so unfair because I couldnt travel due to COVID and if there was an expiration someone should have informed me (however I still couldnt have traveled). I did all this back in June 2021 and spent hours and hours on the phone at that time expedia had 9 hour waiting times so I am opening it back up hoping someone can still help me.

Traveler(s)
KIM LIIV
Ticket # 1087500024025
TAYLOR WACH
Ticket # 1087500024026

We have issued an airline credit for your flight
You are receiving this email as either your airline has cancelled your flight, or it was noted that you did not take your trip as scheduled because of the current situation related to COVID-19. No need to call us, we've got you covered. Your safety and peace of mind are of utmost importance to us, and we want to let you know we have issued an airline credit for your flight.

All the details of your airline credit, such as traveler name, amount, and expiration date, will be emailed to you in a confirmation email that you will receive soon.
Cancelled itinerary: Washington to Helsinki

Travel dates
May 27, 2020 - May 28, 2020
Itinerary #
7519791371277

Airline confirmation
MKQGCN (Icelandair)

________________________________________
When you're ready to book a new trip, we're happy to help.
Go to itinerary

Ticket # 1087500024025
TAYLOR WACH
Ticket # 1087500024026

________________________________________
• To refund additional services, such as baggage fees or seat-assignment fees, please contact your airline directly.
Visit our Customer Support page for more information about using your airline credit.

Additional information
When you are ready, please call us to book a new flight using your airline credit. Just be sure to have the ticket numbers for each traveler or your confirmation email on hand.
Our call centers are experiencing extremely high call volumes, so we ask that if you do not need to book a new flight within the next 72 hours, please hold off on contacting us.

More help
Go to your itinerary to manage your trip.

Visit our Customer Support page.

________________________________________
Please do not reply to this message. This email was sent from a notification-only email address that cannot accept incoming email.
You are receiving this transactional email based on a recent booking or account related update on Expedia.

EMLCID=US.PT.EVENTTRIGGEREDMAILING.ENSAIREXCHANGE.GENERIC&EMLDTL=DATE20200410-ISSUX.SIDX.KEY94779523986.PAIDX.LANGEN_US.MCIDX.TESTX.VERSX.MIDSX.