Hydroluxe Hydroluxebeauty.comwrinkle cream fraud scam

L

From what I have deduced this is the same scam as Abella Mayfair scam.

My husband, after viewing a video of two scientists allegedly on the Dragon's Den. Decided that i should give this product a go. Win-win $5 shipping FREE sample. Wife loses wrinkles. Too good to be true right!?

Well, $280 later ... I called Visa to have them reverse the unauthorized charges. Then i had the card cancelled. As it turns out this scam doesn't stop they will continue charging your credit card month after month. So the only out is to do what I did. DON"T take no for an answer from your credit card company. Get through to your credit card security department. THEY should be up to speed on these scams. I can tell you without doubt these companies lie and will NOT resolve the issue. Beware, they will string you along...long enough for more charges to occur. YOU MUST nip this in the bud ASAP.

I am a Computer Tech and did a bit of sleuthing. These characters create a brand and a web page. Produce a misleading but persuasive online campaign. Then once they're called out by enough people. They just start over with a new Brand. They use reputable other brands to endorse their product as they did in our case with CBC's Dragon's Den. Another scam is with a Costco survey.

Very annoying because my bank although they backed me up can't block scammers. Can't or won't? Google still takes their campaign money. And even CBC, a tax supported media company whose own good name is dragged about may do little to stop them. Why big corporations look the other way annoys me., .. so does the fact that my husband thinks I'm too wrinkly.

More info:
BBB File Opened: 01/09/2016

Alleged people behind the scam
Mr. Carlo Buenaventura, Client Manager
Ms. Mary Pullido, Client Manager
Principal: Mr. Paul Redan
Monroe Acosta

It appears this product is made by the same company that manufactures Reversaderm, Abella Mayfair, RejuvaEssence, LumaEssence TruBelleza, Skin Opulent, and several other brands.
Alternate Business Names

Cellvia
Vskin Active
Pearl Skin Today

• Updated by Roberta Allard · Apr 24, 2017

I would like a full refund on my credit card all products have been cancelled I did not see anything on your web site about a 14 day or30 day trail I have offered to return product but nobody would listen Thank you

• Updated by DCowan · Jun 12, 2017

I am not authorizing automatic purchases c product. Please suspend action and stop bulling me. Thank you.

• Ro
    Roberta Allard Nov 04, 2018

I want a full refund on my credit card all orders where cancelled The amount you billed me for will not be paid I have offered to return product to deaf ears. Your company is ripping people off this is not right I did not read anything on your web site that said I had to cancel further order and would like a full refund on my credit card thank you

Lorretta Jane Young Nov 04, 2018

I ordered Hydroluxebeauty cream I was to only pay for shipping for trial it was an add on Facebook with lori from the shark tank. I received my supposed free samples and a week later they took 136. Out of my account without permission. Its false advertising. I can't afford 136. Dollars for this. Im on medical ei. How is this legal.

• De
    Debbie Schrempel Oct 31, 2018

Charged me 99 bucks 6 weeks later no product shipped and say I agreed when I did not and keep feeding me vs lines in emails how they owe me nothing but have gladly cancelled my subscription! Now their website is under construction ...I will gladly proved copies of emails 9 9so far if you wish

Comments

• Dc
    DCowan Oct 28, 2018

Please stop sending me this cream. I don't know if I'm on a monthly submission or not but have been receiving the cream consistently and would like to suspend it. I don't know my acct. # because it isn't on the packaging that I can see. It irritates my skin. Thank you.

• Gi
    Gigi Wong Oct 23, 2018

Hello to-day I received Ultimate Moisture Hydrating Day 8 night cream 30 ml, please don't send any items to me and charge my credit card, and then cancel my credit card for your amount, Thank you so much !

• Ka
    Katiemak Oct 22, 2018

I have tried to cancel a few times, maddening
    My order # is 1529595
    Ref No. 5002766
    Kate Makelki
    Red Deer, Alberta
    I don't feel comfortable putting my full address on the site. I have about10 jars of even opened yet, my face has broken out in pimples every time I use it, too greasy for my face...

Please cancel or I will cancel my CC number

• Mi
    Michelle Souque-Rey Oct 22, 2018

This company led me to believe I was ordering a product endorsed by Joanna Gaines. When I ordered, there were no term and conditions to agree to and they did not mention this product would be autoshipped monthly. They have charged my credit card for a product I did not and do not want to receive!

• Yu
    Yueyue Huang Oct 21, 2018

Hi, I was unaware of automatic charges to my credit card and I was told that i was to be issued a refund of $100 (50 for each product that was charged). This was 11 days ago and i have not yet received my refund.

I tried calling customer service and was put on a loop of automated messages.

• Te
    terry 57 Sep 20, 2018

This company is ripping everyone off. DO NOT GET RIPPED LIKE WE DID. ordered A SIMPLE sample for a few dollars and suddenly the credit card exploded with charges from $89 and $99. This was not authorized by me.

• Ha
    hans caflisch Sep 18, 2018

received the samples after completing a survey. Then you keep sending this stuff without my authorisation. I demand that you issue a credit for the unauthorized charges to my credit charges.

• Gi
    Gianrita Celotti Sep 18, 2018

I will report this as a fraudulent transaction

on googling this company they have had similar complaints in the past

• Nb
    Nb11 Sep 18, 2018

Removing funds from my credit card without consent or knowledge.

• Je
    JEBrocks Sep 11, 2018

I ordered a "free Trial" of this and was only supposed to pay $4.95 s&h.
    So far my wife has received 3 tubes and I have been billed $99.99 for each one. This has to stop!

• Ka
    kathy1108 Oct 14, 2017

i also lost about $100 to this scam. I ordered Hydroluxe for 'free' but ended up getting charged. Luckily I caught it quickly and called them but I was stuck with the charge. Stupid scam. I don't trust anything now. Is there going to be a lawsuit to recover money? At least please shut them down.

Sandypeachtress Sep 10, 2017

I also fell it too. I fell it because I was seeing a message Pop up said as a royal Td bank customer and you get free product only $3.95 for shipping which is the product regular charge over $100 something like that (can't remember exactly original words) when I was in TD bank official Website. Same happened as other people I got charged $129.01 on my credit card which I never order any product from this Scam company. I talked to my bank and they stopped the charge for me also sent message to this scam company to stop any future charge. But few days later I saw my credit card got refund $64.95 from this comany looks like there is mistake because I got adjustment of charged $129.01 back to my credit card. In this point looks like I got extra $64.95. But this is just A game how they pay to get your money. They would tell your credit card comany that they gave maximum refund and make your bank rebill the full amount to this scam comany. Don't get trap like me.

fromtha6 Aug 02, 2017

Listen up everyone, YOU CAN GET YOUR FULL REFUND. DO NOT SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS. I just got off the phone with them after only 20 minutes of putting them in there place, i did not threathen them, i promised them that i would make a civil matter out of their scam and educated them about the consumer act in my province. I also kept my bank up to date with everything. The subscription was canceled and not only were they trying to take money from me but i never recieved any products on top of that and that is illegal! Know your rights, its unacceptable, even if you agreed to fine print, there are clauses to everything, i was so ready to take them to court and not only sue them for what is rightfuly mine but for other "damages" if you know what i mean. Stay strong everyone and get your money back these scammers can rot in hell and if they dont ill take em there, courts not a fun atmosphere.

• Kristianne Damiera Stone Jul 27, 2017

Totally agree with fraud and scams made by this company!

• Vb
    V. Brewster Jul 12, 2017

Amazing product and the fact that Ellen Degeneres and Jennifer Aniston are spokeswomen for the product- I assumed it was legit.

The trial lasts way longer than the 30 days stated. it is a good product. A really good product.

All through the trial signup, I checked off every single time-trial only; do not add me to the monthy shipping or autoshipping option.

Luckily, I caught the first charge the day it happened as I check my credit card account regularly.

I saw a charge for $133.14 Canadian for Young Face Everday. What? I did not purchase this. Phoned my credit card company right away and although I cannot block this company-I cancelled my card. They cannot charge me anymore...

I was informed I must contact the company and ask for a refund before I can contact the resolution department. ok, I can do that I thought.

I sent 3 emails and got 3 responses basically saying too bad, it is past the 14 days. Each time I responded back I told them to refund me in full as I had chosen the option of free trial only; no auto shipment.

So, first I was offered $30 refund USA, then $40 USA and lastly for $50 USA. My card was charged $133 Canadian. Even with the currency conversion, not even close to what I was charged!

I will be following up with the credit card company and forwarding these emails to their litigation department!

Business like this and people like this, piss me off!

What is worse, I expect both Ellen Degeneres and Jennifer Aniston to work with products they love, believe in, BUT I also expect them to have companies (legit, honest) companies taking care of the business side of things... I am very disappointed in the 2 of them. As celebrities, they have power, money, resources + to promote legit products that the average person can afford, not just the wealthy and people (normal, regular everyday people) look up to them.

Although I admire both of them and respect them both-some of that respect has disappeared...

francesca Batista May 27, 2017

I need to eliminate my account because I don't want more products of you
    I no need any I have enough

francesca Batista May 27, 2017

I don't want to receive more cream please How I can to eliminate my account
    I need to to this because every month you charge me some bill and maybe was my mistake but i don't want more please help me

lovesbooks87 May 19, 2017

Yup I fell for it too. I'm a smart woman, and don't ever sign up for these kinds of things, but the Dragon's Den connection gave me the perception of credibility, and as an early adopter of "hydroluxe" I did not come across any of the complaints or concerns that are now available when I did my initial research into the product and the offer. The smart and smarmy lawyers have covered the business's you-know-what through the "terms" (which are found at the very bottom of a long scroll down to the end of the offer page, in a hyperlink displayed in a tiny and obscure font - highly visible it is NOT) and enough legalese to "legalize" this obvious scam. The fact that full refunds will not be offered after the initial 30 days is simply preposterous, as at that point the first "subscription" purchase won't even have arrived yet. It is all rather disgusting. I am surprised that Dragon's Den hasn't come out with some kind of a statement distancing themselves from this so-called business.

Lorrel Elian Sep 15, 2017

@lovesbooks87 Hi! Me too! I have talked with Visa, they say they can't do anything. I It was the Dragon's Den connection for me too. You can call the company, ask them to cancel. Ask for a RNA # when your nextshipment arrives reject it and send them an email saying you've returned it [email protected] I see it has been awhile did it work out ok for you? I told Visa, unacceptable. We can give them the name & misleading info we were given, that should be enough to start some action... Lorrel

• Do
    Donna Haugh May 12, 2017

I just was scammed by this company, charged me for two months totaling $600.00. Visa was very good about refund and they are investigating for fraud. Not only were they charging - but they never sent the product after the initial free sample. They were advertising on facebook saying it was Dragons Den.

Jane Lesley Smith May 04, 2017

I am on the phone right now with Visa and Hydroxe disputing $600.00 in charges. What a complete scam! They keep saying that they are going to send the link to their "terms" that I supposedly agreed to but I haven't received it as of yet.

• Ji
    Jinsmo Apr 28, 2017

I got scammed too. Apparently, according to my credit card company, what this type of company does is lure you in with the "free sample", pay only shipping, for which they need your credit card. The very FINE print somewhere in all of this is that unless you tell them you didn't like the product within 14 days, they will charge your credit card for the full amount of the product, which in my case was around $260. I was told by the credit card company to call this company and tell them to cancel my account, and to get cancellation numbers so they can back me up and block any future charges to the card. While I was at it, I told the agent I talked to at this scam company that I knew it was a scam, that I most certainly did NOT want the product and that I would return it. He repeatedly said that I had to let them know within 14 days. I said you KNOW this is a scam and I know this is a scam and I want my cancellation numbers and a refund. I also said, I pity you having this job because I am going to bet you get many many calls like this every day. He finally said he could give me a refund of half. I called the credit card company that had alerted me to this, told them the cancellation numbers and told them about the refund. They were a bit surprised about the partial refund, and so was I when I saw it come through on my card! So I am still out $120, feel pretty foolish, but lesson learned! If it sounds too good to be true it is, and always read the very fine print. This is how they make money!

Jonathan Chandran Aug 28, 2017

@Jinsmo True - just crooks. Where is the regulators for such scams!!!

chanh vien Apr 22, 2017

Subject: Order Confirmation #1207811 - Instant Wrinkle Control
    Subject: Order Confirmation #1207818 - Ultimate Moisture
    To: "My Dung Nguyen"
    Received: Friday, April 21, 2017, 2:56 PM
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Je ne peux pas envoyer a l'adresse du courriel [email protected] car je fais un reply et la réponse est E/Mail Failure.

je fais des recherches pour trouver votre courriel, C'est Introuvable.

je dois prendre ce comment text pour envoyer mon courriel :

Voici mon Message:

J'essaie ces 2 ( deux ) produits seulement et je ne veux pas devenir votre abonnement.

N'envoyez pas d'autre produit si je ne demande pas.

Je n'accepte pas qu'on charge sur ma carte de credit sans ma propre Commande.

Montréal, le [protected]

Merci

Nguyen thi my dung

• Li
    Linda Landriault Apr 20, 2017

I too was scammed by this so called company. A simple charge of 3.95 was to be applied to my credit card for shipping and handling for a free product, however they billed me 272.00 dollars, and refuse to refund me, there must be a way to stop these people, I have read several reviews regarding this same product, any advise ??

Jodi Gallagher Apr 17, 2017

Absolute scammers. They will charge your credit card for items you didn't order then when you demand your money back they basically tell you it's too bad because they shipped you said product, it's on it way, and they don't do refunds.
    Do not order anything from these aholes