Husqvarna Vikingdesigner diamond royale sewing machine

E

Sept. 2016 I purchased this machine new for over $7000+ Trade in of Pfaff Creative. It has approximately 48 hours on the machine, and has been in the shop for the 4th time. About half of the hours on the machine are the technicians trying to reproduce my problems. They state every time they "can't find anything wrong with it", however, I am unable to sew a binding to a quilt, or purse or do ANY type of sewing that is more than 3 layers of fabric!! This time, I was sewing a zig zag edge around placemats (2 layers fabric, 1 layer iron on fleece). Every 3-5 stitches the machine "Needs to Rest" for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. I changed to a new needle. I changed to new thread. I cleaned every space that could be cleaned numerous times. This continues and then began to break needles and "Need to Rest". This is pretty much my story for every single service I have needed since it's purchase. I was told this model was redesigned by HV from the Diamond Series with motherboard problems, and reissued by the Diamond Royale. WELL THIS INE DEFINITELY NEEDS TO BE RETURNED TO THE FACTORY AND A NEW ONE ISSUED!! IT IS A LEMON!!! You would expect a machine costing this much to sew 3 thickness of material!! Today the shop owne told me, "You should be able to sew a quilt easily with this machine, but it has a highly sensitive computer in it. If it is frequently telling you it needs to rest, then it is a pre warning that that it is being over taxed. HELLO!!!THAT IS WHY I BROUGHT THE MACHINE IN AGAIN". Now the warranty is about up and still doing the same damn thing! Do you not stand behind your product or is it the Dealer?

• Pa
    Patty O'Neill Sep 10, 2020

Do not make the mistake of buying an Epic. It cost 15, 000.00and is not worth it. It is a piece of crap
    Patty O'Neill

• Du
    Duff1 Apr 25, 2020

I purchased a Topaz 50 on 1-4-19. I worked fairly well for 6 - 8 months then everything went crazy. It will not recognize a USB stick 98% of the time; I have to turn machine off and on for 5-10min before it may or may not recognize it.

The bobbin cutter rarely works, since the day I bought it. The threader devise, the same thing.
    When I am in the hoop and running a design it will occasionally loop a top thread. On the back, it is a horrible mess of layered thread and the machine begins to knock. It will not pick up the back thread so all I end up with is insecure thread. It has now began to not secure a top stitch to outline for the embroidery pattern.

I have taken it in 3 times; the first time the bobbin case had to be replaced and the thread presser foot. The authorized Gold dealer indicated they were damaged.

I took my machine, embrodiery arm and UBS stick in for testing. The USB stick worked perfectly in another machine. When it was tested in my machine, the rep achieved the same result as I was getting- stitches dropped, looping, thread bundling in the back, incorrect stitch pattern.

My machine was purchased from Joann Fabrics in Westerville, Oh. When they were contacted by myself and the dealer who was handling the repair (in Florida) there was no cooperation on the situation. I was continually told “the warranty if with Viking; you need to contact them”. I received “NO” support through Joann Fabrics in getting this resolved.

Extremely disappointed with this situation. Once the machine was purchased, Joann Fabric was “done” with the transaction. Saying this, I had 2 employees at the Ohio location that were helpful BUT their hands were tired.

Do not purchase a machine through Joann Fabrics. It was my first and worst mistake concerning the purchase.

• Si
    Silly sewer Feb 12, 2021

@Duff1 Joanns fabrics does not sell vikings. They lease a space to viking dealers. Have you been able to contact viking directly? They are manufactured in China now (for 15 yrs!). I'm no sure if the have representatives in the US that could help you. Sorry for your frustrations.

• Sh
    Sharlene Wiles Apr 05, 2020

I have a Viking Diamond Deluxe embroidery sewing machine. I have had inconsistent embroidery stitching with this machine ever since I bought it and the store told me I needed to take more classes. With the same design, it might sew it pretty good several times and then the next time (usually when it's about to finish the design), it goes crazy and moves the last design up out of line and I lose the whole embroidery work, not including the expensive materials I used for the project. This week, I turned it on just to do some straight stitch sewing, it gave me an error message "Remove the Buttonhole Sensor One Pressure Foot" and I haven't used that foot in a long time - I had the "A" straight stitch pressure foot on the machine. No matter what I do, that error message pops up and it just will not sew at all. I feel like taking a hammer to this sewing machine. It cost allot of money and has given me so much frustration that I want to pull my hair out. A rocket scientist couldn't get this machine to work right consistently.

• Co
    Coach Lloyd Sep 14, 2019

I have a Designer Diamond Royale. I purchased it specifically for embroidery. When the machine works it is WONDERFUL. However, it has been in the shop at least 5 times. In Dec. 2018 I purchased an update to the warranty and took it in for service. It has been back at the shop 3 times since. Got it back Sept. 11th, tested it out in the shop, it worked beautifully. Got it home and attempted to complete an embroidery I was in the middle of and it will not work. I get the error message to "Remove hoop. Clear embroidery arm for calibration. Calibrate embroidery unit. Attach Sensor Q-foot." and I do and it just continues to repeat the same message over and over again. At the shop I was told that the feet were not level. When I got it home I made sure the arm was level in all directions. I am SO FRUSTRATED. Does anyone have any ideas for recourse?

J Anne Wayne Mar 26, 2019

Went thru 5 rubies with major issues-finally traded up to a diamond 2 weeks after I had it black graphite coming out of the holes in the machine (brushes on machine motor grinding) machine went to factory back and forth for other major issues-they refused to replace it-finally after months of back and fourth to the factory (they had the machine more than I did!!) finally they replaced the machine with a brand new one, (which went back to the factory the next day the USB port did not work!!!)I -BUT only gave me the remainder of warranty from my first one (mind you they had the 1st machine over 4 mos. total time) so the remainder for the new machine was a month!!! i was able to get the warranty till 12-31 but really wasn't using it much to embroider, only piecing quilts-Feb. was going to put embroidery on a quilt (machine only 3.5 mos. old ) put the flash drive inthe USB port NOTHING!!! turned the machine off and tried again after restart-NOTHING did not work-turned machine off again and on USB worked but NO TOUCH SCREEN!!! BLANK-called the store warranty was not valid would have to pay for everything!! again machine was only 3.5 mos old-was told they dont warranty replacement machines!!! so machine is junk and can't be used-would not recommend these machines to anyone ever!!! terrible customer service, terrible service!!!

juliakuersten May 09, 2019

@J Anne Wayne please contact me.. I had the same issues and my case is now with the attorney general and I am going after the company. I am trying to start a class action lawsuit against them for the same reasons you are having I have and am going through it now.. [email protected]

juswanastitch Jan 03, 2019

is there anything that can be done? I have the EXACT same problem and want to throw away this worthless machine. Only wish I had read the reviews before buying!!!

juliakuersten May 09, 2019

@juswanastitch contact me I am trying to start a class action lawsuit against the company for the same thing... [email protected] I already have this situation with the attorney general of my state and they are investigating this now.

• De
    Debbie Rob Nov 08, 2018

I am having similar problems with this machine as well. I spent a lot of money on this thinking it would be the LAST machine I would ever buy. I have since bought two used machines to use while this "top of the line" machine has been in the shop. Never again will I buy a Viking product. Since Singer bought this company their product is junk. I have gotten it back from the shop three times and every time they tell me it works fine and they sewed and sewed and sewed on it and it works fine. That is a LIE. As son as I start using it, within the minutes, I get the same error message about the sensor button hole foot and I have never used this feature on the machine. My dealer can't even remember what lie she is telling me because when I take it in, she tells me she will be replacing the mother board, and then when I get it back, she tells me they did something else. And then the machine does the same darn thing. You would think if you spend over $7, 000 on a machine, you could sew a straight line and zigzag with it. I can't even do the basic things with the machine because it thinks I need a different foot. SO DISSAPPOINTED IN THIS VIKING MACHINE. I am in several quilt guilds and have steered may people away from this machine. Ridiculous. They should be replacing this machine free of charge. These machines are being sold on eBay for a fraction of the original cost because they are JUNK!!!

ETME45 Sep 15, 2018

I have the same machine and it"s worthless I HAVE HAD IT 2 YEARS AND ITS BEEN IN REPAIR 5 TIMES I WANT MY MONEY BACK I DONT WANT A REPLACEMENT FROM VIKING, I HAVE ORDERS TO FILL AND CANT DO THEM

Comment cannot be empty!

ETME45 Sep 15, 2018

@ETME45 WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUY AT HSQUAVARNA YOU CANT MAKE A DECENT MACHINE OR REPAIR ONE IN A TIMELY MANNER BUT YET YOUR CHARGING 10, 000.00 DOLLARD FOR THEM WE GO OFF THE HUSQVARNA REPUTATION AND THAT IS IN QUESTION AT ONE POINT MY ROYAL WAS IN YOUR SHOP FOR 3 MONTHS THIS IS UNACCEPTABEL

juliakuersten May 09, 2019

@ETME45 I don't know if you will read this however; I have a complaint with the attorney general in my state of az simply because my machine did the same thing .. If you would like more info please contact me. [email protected]

• Si
    Silly sewer Feb 12, 2021

@juliakuersten Have you got any satisfaction from viking? Are you sueing the holding company? Thank you, A concerned owner