Humana Medicare Insurancewost service experience

I have had terrible experience with Humana Medicare Coverage. I have Humana Medicare insurance and the first four years did not have a problem. My diabetes is controlled by an insulin pump and I never had problems getting supplies. Then all of a sudden without notice they canceled my supplies. My doctors have faxed them several times and also talked to personnel there several times about my situation. When I called customer care to inquire the person was really rude, and told me that he couldn't help me, and to call back later. The Dr office said that they all kept getting the run around by Humana. What I don't understand is that If they were going to stop the insulin pump supplies for what ever reason, why didn't they send me a notice? That would have at least gave me enough time to make other arrangements. They cancelled my supplies altogether without a warning. In the past, they would send letters out if there were any changes. This time there were no letters sent. The medical supply company that I used, informed me that Humana just all of a sudden made a mid-season change. Because of this, there was nothing I could do to get my medications and medical supplies. I know that Humana is getting paid to cover me because Medicare is paying them 110 dollars every month for providing insurance.
If any one reads this and if you are considering Humana, especially if you have a life threatening diseases, PLEASE do not use Humana!!! I had to go back on insulin shots which my body is having a hard time adjusting to, especially on a short notice. My blood glucose levels have been going crazy 300- 500 until I can find the right dosage. This puts my health in jeopardy. By the grace of God, I know that I will get through this. I just want to warn others before it happens to someone else. I also have a brother with Congestive Heart Failure who also uses Humana Medicare insurance, and they have stopped paying for his necessary lab work and medications. Please beware of Humana!!!

• Si
    sitduke Apr 15, 2011

I had Humana as a Medicare Supplement as of 01/01/2010 and cancelled it by calling them in December of 2010 to disenroll and cancell my automatic deduction from my SS check in December. A few days ago I got a letter from a collection agency that Humana is filing a collection against me for $465 because I had the insurance carry over in January. When me and my insurance agent had called to fix the problem they told us ok and it would be taken care of. It wasn't. When my agent called again 2 days ago they said I called to change my Credit Card information. I never called them for anything except to cancell my policy and my SS deductions for January 1st, 2011.They never got a credit card from me at anytime so how would I change that if I had my premium deducted from my Social Security Check each month and if I did pay with a credit card why would they bill me for something that should have been paid for with said card? This is an on going battle with this company and no one seems to care or one person doesn't know what the other is doing. THEY DON"T CARE. Like the person before me said, if you are considering to buy "any kind" of Insurance from this company DON'T. They are the worst people to do business with and they just don't care about anything you have to say and if you prove your case they come back at you with another excuse. Customer service doesn't esist here. Stay away, far, far away from them unless you like to be treated like your an iot and you don't matter.

• Jj
    jjsmom2 Oct 03, 2011

I just signed up with Humana Medicare and should have checked here first. My plan went into effect on October 1. They still don't have me in the Silver Sneakers System. Multiple calls to them produce no results. I have been a member for all of 3 days and am finding that their Customer Service and their systems are nonexistent.

• Hl
    Hlcastro May 14, 2014

I am starting to feel Humana is doing that to me. I have been getting the run around. Humana is so used to charging the Medicare Part D, that they are overlooking the Part B for DME supplies, therefore creating tons of additional stress for it customers. I hope Humana can get it right, I feel like they are ripping off medicare.

• Yv
    Yvonne Ferguson Cooperider Jul 20, 2017

I have been on the phone with Humana for almost three hours today. I have Humana through Medicare and nobody can tell me where I can get my insulin pump supplies. They finally emailed me a list of 300 companies they have contracts with for durable medical equipment. I've called 20 if them so far and most are not good numbers or numbers to other companies than what is stated. I have two infusion sets left and have no clue how to get my supplies. If anybody knows, I would greatly appreciate it. I hate Humana!!!

• On
    One fight at a time Dec 15, 2017

@Yvonne Ferguson Cooperider CCS Medical might be the answer

• On
    One fight at a time Dec 15, 2017

In 19 years of dealing with insurance companies...I have only given up three times...2 with Humana and 1 with Aetna. Humana's customer service is worthless. If it is not the most basic request they can't tell you anything (Ya know, if I had a basic request I could figure it out myself...I need someone who can help fix the complex problems). The biggest issue, the people you are talking to have absolutely no understanding of the American Medical System so they don't have a clue what you are talking about. I once spent 30 minutes going around in circles about copays vs. percentages. Patient had $40 copay but she was charged a percentage. So I'd ask them why are you charging a percentage you just said she had a copay. "Yes. Patient has a copay of $40.00" But you charged her a percentage. "Well "x" was billed, "Y' was allowed, patient is responsible for "Z"" (Then on to the next charge). THAT IS A PERCENTAGE...NOT A COPAY..."Yes, patient has a copay of $40.00." GRRRRRR