Complaints & Reviews

Hughesnet — was told that they were the only service in our area by direct tv and hughesnet the service is horrible and I have a big dish on the side of my house.

We bought a house in Mohave Valley AZ, because we have direct tv at our CA home we wanted the same here. When...

Hughesnetunethical sales

I contacted Hughes regarding reconnecting my service on Dec. 29. I own my equipment and did not have to purchase it new. The agent was told this. After agreeing to the service and giving my cell phone number and credit card, I found that I was to be charged for an equipment lease fee, which I already own, a new installation, and was signed up for a 24 month service contract with a $400 disconnect fee. I cancelled immediately. On January 7, I received two letters from a company stating that I had signed up for their Internet and Identity protection service for $19.95 per month by HughesNet. If I had not called to cancel that also, I would have been charged. I also received a telemarketer call from Marriot's on my cell phone on January 8 because HughesNet must have shared the number. My cell phone number is private, and this is the only company that I have given it to as I rarely use it and had to use it to call HughesNet when I ordered. This is highly unethical behavior. I want the harassment to stop immediately.

Hughesnetrefusing to acknowledge payment

My account number is DSS10026742. On October 2, 2015 I went on the website and attempted to make a payment with the debit card in my name(Jacquelyn Sharp) My bank declined that payment because of previous problems with Hughesnet and my debit card. I then made a payment successfully with a debit card in my husbands name (Leon Sharp). The little box there for you to put a check mark in to store for future use was NOT Checked. I made darn sure of it because of the many, many problems I had had previously with Hughesnet. Despite this fact on October 3, 2015 Hughesnet went right ahead and collected money from my account anyway with my husbands debit card. That issue in itself has been resolved. I had been given 2 credits and only 1 of them has been applied.There should be a credit there for my December payment. At the same time, Hughesnet employees keep trying to tell me I still owe for back in October and I do not. They keep saying I owe because of the 1 payment that was in fact declined on that day, however they are refusing to recognize payment that was made on the same day with my husbands debit card. I had one Hughesnet employee tell me to send in a bank statement from October 1 through November 5th. I had Navy Federal Credit Union fax this information back the first part of this month. It was a 15 page bank statement. I kept being told it was not received. I need this issue fixed or taken care of I might add I never had a problem with Hughesnet and for the most part been a satisfied customer since becoming a member in 2008. Since I made the switch to the Gen 4 I have had nothing but problems with Hughesnet and been dissatisfied for the most part. Also just for your info. Navy Federal Credit Union will be making all of my future payments. PLease help me get this matter resolved . Thank you in advance for putting your attention to this matter. Jacquelyn Sharp (Jacque) [protected].

Jacque M. Sharp Dec 30, 2015

My attitude toward this complaint. I should not even be having to do this because this matter should have already been fixed. I want it fixed immediately.

Hughesnet — being charged for disconnecting

They were to send me a box to return my materials, in order to get a refund. 1. They seem incapable of...

Hughesnetinternet service

I'm waiting to see Hughes network having to pay us customers back a lot of money for there Fraudulent service this company needs to have a class action suit against them for false advertising. this is the worst service for Internet that I have had for well since the Internet. They throttle the speed to charge us more money and the speed is even slower there a poor excuse you better off not even bothering to sign up its just a total rip off.

Hughesnet — internet service

hughesnet first of all deceives you into believing they provide fast internet then they expect you to settle...

Hughesnetover draft charge they caused

i have had to deal with this company a few times, but this time no satisfaction with outcome. i was told that my bill was 61.98. today i got a card from my bank saying i was overdrawn. found out it was hughesnet that had taken out an extra 10.00 from my account. hughes never contacted me before they did this, just did it, they has no authorization from me to do that., since i was told the bill was 61.98 which i paid. then today iFOUND out they took out the extra 10.00, which they said i owed them. argued with them for almost 2hrs, was told they will take 20.00 off my bill for 12months, which is great, but they refuse to pay the bank over-charge fee of 37.00. why should i have to pay the over-charge fee when WHEN THEY MADE THE MISTAKE. I AM 70YRS OLD, LIVING ON A FIXED INCOME AND CANNOT AFFORD THE EXTRA CHARGES. I WAS GIVEN A CASE # OF [protected]. MY NAME IS DAVID E SANSEVERO MY SANS # IS DSS8956690 my phone number is [protected]

• Ms
            msbus205 Dec 28, 2015

I experienced the same thing with Hughes net. They charged my account illegally and promised a credit if I was to cancel my services. I'm sure they were well aware that would be the outcome. After talking with them for about two hours, I was told there was nothing they could do to refund the charges but I could receive a credit and if I canceled before another month of charges, that I would be refunded. After canceling and expecting my refund of charges that were illegally charged to my account, I was told that I could not receive a refund. I am furious and they should not be able to continue ripping off customers. Completely illegal!! I will and hope that others will take a stand and take legal action.

• Am
            Amy Collier Jun 03, 2016

This is the worst company i have ever done business with, they are rechargng me for a payment i made 4motnhs ago, saying that 3months after the payment was taking from my checking account that the bank reversed the payment.
            my bank faxed them 3months of bank statments to prove that every month the payment was taking from my account and no credits from them ever to prove that no reversal has ever been made. that wasnt good enough for hughesnet and now they claming that a payment was never recieved. What more proof do they need!!

Hughesnet — discontinued hughesnet

Discontinued using horrid HughesNet over 3 months ago... Paid in full... Had to even pay to send back their...

HughesnetI was given a lot of credits:

Arthur R. KAISER Jr. ORDER number: 9393825 site account (SAN):DSS33413612 date of order: 10/14/2015 amount collected at time of Order: $0.00 Hughes net service 3-month credit: express repair credit: service credit: Hughes net equipment Credit.. I did not reave a bill, I told the lady that would like to pay mouthy bill with a check. She seed the amount would be on Hughes NET Web Site. I could not find my bill.I Could for help, then every thing change. now I paying for equipment. Im Not sure what else. please help, Arthur

Hughesnetbilling

Today 10/19/2015 hughesnet is going to charge me a second time for canceling/ moving my address. I swear these people are so incompetent they are criminals and thieves just so they can get another buck. Do not buy hughesnet services unless you want to get robbed! I am so pissed right now I cannot describe the details of their stupidity. Refund, that is joke.

HughesNet.combilling policy

They billed me for 1 month service in advance. On the 4th day, I asked to cancel... they said no refunds. So I said ok, reduce my bill, then they said ok. I just auto paid my 30 day bill today for $194... They said the bill I paid for 30 days service will not be refunded. So for 4 days of service, I paid $194 with no refunds nor to use as a credit towards my Early Termination Fee. It's all their money even tho I only used 4 days. Once billed and auto paid, no refunds are issued if you disconnect. They will apply the credit to a future bill if I have one. But they will not refund, nor apply it to the Ealry Termination fee which is no $190. Lost money. Bad billing policy! K R Clay

Hughesnet — fraud, terrible service, unethical behaviour

I inquired about their service over the phone because I had moved out into the middle of nowhere, like most...

Hughesnetinternet service

After being with HughesNet for 1 year and 10 months, they charged me $110 cancellation fee because I got out of the military and was relocating to an apartment building that won't allow satellite. Before moving, I packaged up all of their equipment myself and mailed it off. On September 21, 2015, I was charged $213 by HughesNet for not returning the radio transmitter.

When I called about the charge, the customer service rep was very rude. I told her that I was not told anything about this radio transmitter which is apparently part of the satellite unit. When I called to cancel, they told me to leave the satellite unit alone. They did not tell me to get the radio transmitter off, what it looks like, how to do it, etc. A service technician is the one who set it all up, I didn't know what all of the parts were, and they certainly didn't explain it to me.

The customer service rep asked me if I had someone who could go to the house and get it for me and send it off. That is not an option. That house was rented and is now probably rented to someone else, and I no longer know anyone in that area. I told her that I wasn't aware of the radio transmitter and her reply was "well you could have asked." How am I supposed to ask about something, if I don't know there is something to ask about?

So now, after almost two years of a terrible internet provider, with multiple problems, horrible technical support and rude customer service, I am out $213 because of a piece of equipment they told me not to touch.

Hughesnetmover program is is big fat lie

On 10 Sept 2015 I reactivated my hughesnet service I had been with them since June of 2015. I moved to a new location and talked to Hughes oh you want be charged for the move. I brought the modem and the satellite dish and cable like I was told to do. The hughesnet tech person arrives refused to used the old modem I have new one for you can keep the old one. What am going to do with their modem? Satellite dish is sitting outside all he has to is put the dish on a already existing pole with about 5inches of his pole three shrews pole is set up. I knew I was being charged for the service came that out to be around 61.00 dollars which I put on my credit card ending in 9763. I checked my USAA bank account today 17 Sept.2015 I find hughesnet charged my debit card 388.00 dollars. Debit card ending in 3335. I think this is fraud the moving program all they do charge you more money. If not refunded any money I will cancel this service. I will live in the stone age before I give 600.00 to directv and hughesnet 388.00 dollars again, this a TV and Internet service not rent, housing or food. This country is in sad shape if we are proud we are gouging people this kind of money.

Hughesnetinternet service and misleading information

I am very displeased with Hughes Net service. I was mislead from the start. I informed the sales person when I called and inquired about ordering the service that a former person who had lived at my residence had their service because the satellite and pole still remained as did the wires coming into the house. I was told " Oh that's outdated, will need to be replaced. It was not replaced in fact the man that installed the service used what was here, however I was charged for installation. I was quoted a 99 activation fee, by the time it was all done I paid 188.00. I asked several questions before ordering the service, such as I do online classes, as does my daughter, we watch a lot of Netflix and I have a home phone system that runs off the internet. The sales person informed me that all that would run, and never once mentioned anything about GB or limits. I was able to log on 2 days of my first service, and then I was throttled. I called to ask what that meant, I was told "You used up your GB allowance". I was also not informed that I would have to purchase a separate Belkin modem for Wi-Fi. I was also charged another 13.95 the following day after I paid the 188, and when I asked about it, the person who did not speak very good English could not tell me right away what it was, and about 10 minutes into the conversation and me being persistent as to why my account was taped into again the next day, he finally said "Oh that was taxes"? I have to restart the modem on a daily bases and several times to get it to work, and then I cannot access my classes for live feed due to being throttled the next day after paying my second payment of $74.00 for the month. When I called to ask about it I was once again told. "Oh you have used your limit for the month"! Seriously! I used it up in one day. I keep track of it and it never reset it stayed throttle and is still throttled now. I think it is unfair and a rip off to pay that much for a service that you use up in one day. If a person pays that much the service should be available for the whole month. I cannot believe they get by with this crap! I refuse to upgrade anymore and pay even more or buy tokens. Seriously are they an arcade? We cannot watch Netflix, and I told the service rep this, so how did my GB get used up in one day. He informed me my school live streaming used it up.
                    I am just very, very, disappointed in this service, and I feel something should be done.

• Ty
                        Tyler Rogan Aug 09, 2016

Hughesnet is terrible. I suggest everyone boycott them until they provide sane amounts of bandwidth. When they had a tech come install are system he quoted me $188 for the installation. I told him no, on the phone I was told installation would be free. He said installations are never free. I told him to pack up and leave. He came back and did the installation for free. They didn't inform us that we would have to lease a modem either, but I expected as much as I have dealt with comcast and att who both pull similar stunts. For about $100 a month you can get 15gbs of bandwidth. Of course this comes with bonus bandwidth, but it is pretty useless as you have to be awake between 2am and 8am.

Hughesnetyour as fast as ice melting in the winter time

I just read a lot of your complaints. They are all so right, now I have been with them for 3 months called everybody and there mother to fix the problem. No help. Now it is going to cost me 355 to cancel there services. They told me it was my computer then they told me. I had to replace my computer. But I will say it t does work from 2 to 8 in the morning. Yes 2am to 8am then it is gone. I have had enough of the games Hughes is playing with us. Now it is time to go to the better business Bureau to fix this. I am so done.

Hughesnethorrible service, over charged

Had internet installed in July of 2015, we have had nothing but awful wifi service, cannot connect, cannot download, basically paying for a service we cannot use. When calling to cancel the service as an unsatisfied customer on 08/20/2015 the rep on the phone was rude and argumentative with me. I never signed a paper saying we agreed to any contract, such as an early termination fee of $400. Our first month of service we were over charged nearly 50 dollars and not refunded. We were never explained the refund process, so never received our refund after installation. This company is a scam and completely gets over on all of their customers.

Hughesnetdeceptive business practices

HughesNet has repeatedly taken unauthorized payments from my checking account. The first time they removed funds from my account I called and notified them that I had not signed up for autodrafts and under no circumstances were they to ever auto draft my account again. The customer service rep informed me that I would be put on paper invoice billing, which was fine with me. I rec'd my first paper bill and noted a $5.00 charge for requesting a paper bill. I called again and was informed that I would have to pay the $5.00 every month in order to receive a paper bill. At no time was I told that I could not go online and pay the paper bill. I was never told that when I paid online, my credit card information would be saved and HughesNet would automatically put me back on auto draft. Every credit card I have, and pay online, saves my card information so I do not have to re-enter it every time I make a payment but they never auto draft my account as a result. I DID NOT AUTHORIZE HUGHESNET TO TAKE FUNDS FROM MY ACCOUNT ON AUTO DRAFT. How can they legally use saved information to withdraw UNAUTHORIZED funds from someone's account? Please, Please, Please do something about this company!

• Li
                              lisag48 Sep 05, 2015

I totally agree they have done the same to me. They are very misleading with their whole service. They are a scam, with horrible service. I cannot believe they continue to be in business.

Hughesnet — no service noo customer support

i signed up in jan 2015 for phone and internet service. they never got phone service working but i wa...

Hughesnetnightmare service

The worst service ever! It would be better if someone needs internet to get a dial up system or just take the journey to a library. Hughesnet continues to sell you higher and higher services each month and at the end of the day the service still doesnt work. Once they have exhausted you financially on their own, they send you to a service provider to help with you computer, because it must be your computer, who then hits you for a monthly fee. When that doesnt work they have you to replace routers. In the meantime the time on the phone with them has become a part-time job.
                            Never, Ever use this service. My neighbors and I are going to pool our money together to pay comcast $6000 to extend to our neighborhood, because in the long-run its cheaper for us.