Hughes Network Systems Logo

Hughes Network Systems

Having problems with Hughes Network Systems?

Hughes Network Systems Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 347 3292 (Customer Service)
841 3 Fountains Drive, Unit 248
Murray, Utah

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hughes Network Systems Customer Service. Initial Hughes Network Systems complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hughes Network Systems above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hughes Network Systems. Discuss the issues you have had with Hughes Network Systems and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Hughes Network SystemsSlow internet service

Three days ago HughesNet installed internet with a promise of high-speed internet. I work for a therapist from home and need high-speed. This has been the slowest internet service since 1980. I called HughesNet customer service with no results. I was told by several sources that HughesNet was the worst internet provider but had no choice in the small town I live in.

HughesnetBusiness internet

Fraud! Service does not work, ever! Never works. Never works. Never works. $164 per month for nothing. Never works. Cannot even check email on my cell phone. Excuses. Excuses. Excuses. Blah blah blah. Service never works. Hate hughesnet! Liars. Criminals. Fraud!!!

Service never works!!! Service never works!!! Horrible. Liars. Scam. Complete crap. How is this even possible that this scam is even allowed to advertise, ever??? What an absurdity! Service does not work. Hughesnet steals, lies, cheats, breaches its contract with me every-single-day! Fraud!

Oct 23, 2020

Hughes Network Systems — Internet service

My # with hughes is DSS37202423 for almost two years I have been biledl for internet that doesn't work...

Hughes Network SystemsIllegal billing

your company is dishonorable, we disconnected service in august of 2019
      to move to another state. your company took it upon itself to turn service back on and commence billing my credit card, after many calls to your company we were assured it was corrected, obviously this was a lie,
      which seems to be a pattern at this company, the billing continued forcing me to cancel a long standing account, now i receive a collection notice lol,
      at our out of state new address . So as there is no mistake in understanding we are consulting with an attorney and contacting the Wisconsin states attorneys office, i also see a number of people wanting to start a class action suite, iam surely looking into that.
      sincerly
      michael Lindaas
      [protected]@gmail.com

Sep 01, 2020

Hughes Network Systems — Refused to terminate service unless I pay fees and agree to terms and conditions I do not have written contract

Over the past week I have called Hughes Net 12 X's . on hold no less then 40 minutes still not cancelled...

Hughes Network SystemsInternet service overcharged for two months and still have not received a credit for any.

I have spoken with 3 different agents and they assured me that my bill would be correct for aug moving fwd. I was again over charged for internet service today. I want my refund for this month and if I do not get a refund I will contact the bbb and my attorney. I have been on hold to speak with a supervisor for 2 hours and still nothing. This is the worst service I have ever received. The third agent was most helpful but he said he cant give me my refund due to your system. I know I can get a refund because I was overcharged for two months. My name is carol gonterman my phone number is [protected]. My service is for 71 fellowship lane, blue eye, missouri 65611. I can be reached best at [protected] during the day. Mario cabello was the last agent I spoke with before I was disconnected after two hours of trying to get this resolved, reference # [protected].

Hughes Network Systemsprice increase from 98.78 for three years billed last month for 125.92

We have been paying auto pay for our internet service for 98.78 for three years. last month July we were billed 125.32 this is an additional fee of 26.54, we were not advised of this increase, nothing said. Our internet service with you was down for 5 days and finally fixed, we were not even offered a credit for those days, but suprise we will increase your bill. I think that this is a poor way to run your business. Shame on you!! what is your reasoning for this increase I would like your explenation for it! I sent an email on Monday the 8/03/20 with no response. i will now start looking into other wi-fi options in our area.

carol Henderson
          7538 N carmel Ridge Road [protected]

Hughes Network SystemsCancelation and return of equipment

I cancelled my service May 2020 and received the box to return items.. all items required for return were packed in the box and returned. I get a notice from my bank of a 214.00 charge. When called I was told that I did not return the transmitter. All the other required items were in there except the transmitter per the customer service representative. I am positive that the said transmitter was indeed in the box as I have no use for it otherwise. I have checked the dish for anything else that could be removed and there is nothing left on it to return. How is it possible that all packaged items (in the same box) were accounted for except the said missing item. I will be filing a complaint with BBB and a formal dispute of charges with my bank.

Cancelation and return of equipment

Hughes Network SystemsInternet service 20 gigs / month

Horribly slow internet service! I'm writing as many bad reviews of this horrible company as I can, while I wait for my streaming to catch up. They use the Covid pandemic as an excuse for their slow service. I've spent almost an hour and a half on a 50 minute Netflix program and I'm only half way through it. There was no indication that during times of heavy use the service they promised would be greatly reduced. They deserve to be sued.

I'm not interested in going through their laborious troubleshooting processes which often take hours of work and result in more problems.

Hughes Network SystemsService

I have been trying for a month to get in touch with Hughes to cancel my services. We are a long time customer and are finally tired of the bad service. I wait on the phone egregious amounts of time and cannot get through. I am a busy person and don't have time for this! I have emailed them and tried the chats but the replies say I cannot cancel unless I talk in person. But no one will answer the phone.
                I am beginning to think they are a scam. The amount they are taking out of my credit card on my account I can not afford it and want to get rid of the service. What in the world should I do?

Apr 24, 2020

Hughes Network Systems — Internet contract # dss37999877

I have had this service since Oct. 2019, I have had problems streaming all videos and live programs (church...

Apr 23, 2020

Hughes Network Systems — Internet service

We signed up with HughesNet for our internet service 4 months ago Dec 28, 2019. The young guy who installed...

Hughes Network SystemsTerrible product

Changed from frontier internet to hughes net internet because it advertised faster speed with their gen5. Big lie! My internet with frontier runs at 3 mbps. Hughes net was worse. It was more like dial-up. Plus, it comes with limited data (10 mb), unless you're willing to pay even more for additional data. I cancelled and had to pay $370 for the balance of a contract that I never saw. What a rip-off. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone!

Hughes Network SystemsInternet

On April 13th I call hughenet to request service. While speaking to the representative he asked for a good call back number since I was at work I gave him my work number. The representative was fully aware that this was a residence. After installation the tech that installed advised the internet would be slow because of my husband's VPN. We decided we wanted to cancel. Upon trying to cancel because the representative set it up as a business hughenet wants to charge us an outrageous fee. This is very unfair. I have been on the phone for hours and all the representatives are insistent on charging us the fee even though they understand it is not a business.

Hughes Network SystemsLied, tried to cheat me, then stole from me

I have recorded information of the promises for perfect streaming Hughes Net failed to deliver; when they lied and tried to cheat me out of charges for unnecessary service calls; and when I canceled after only two months due to the absolute breach of contract on their part. Despite this information, Hughes Net stole money from my bank account. Consequently I have filed official complaints with the BBB, FCC & FTC.

Apr 04, 2020

Hughes Network Systems — Internet

Your internet service is absolutely horrible. And your customer support system is the worst I have ever seen...

Hughes Network SystemsSystem doesn't work

The service is terrible didnt work from day one. Said I used all my data and couldnt even get online.
                        Cancelled in less than 30 days and they said I owed $540.
                        CS said I owed nothing but return modem etc. Which I did.
                        They tried to charge me by removing $540 from my bank. I disputed it got it back now they sent it to collections. I sent back everything they asked. I have nothing for them and they gave me nothing... No service terrible terrible company

Hughes Network SystemsPopups

Every time I try to get on a website highest pops up about billing, I don't even have an account with them, I need this popup removed from my computer now not next week, remove it now. Also your service stinks

Mar 27, 2020

Hughes Network Systems — Internet does not work. Cell signal is faster than this if I can get that.

Just keeping it short and sweet/sour what not. I live in Northeast Tx. Had huesnet for over 3 years. They...

Hughes Network SystemsExtremely slow speeds

On Friday March 20th, I was on the phone with Hughesnet tech support for over five hours about slow speeds, they had me purchase Hughesnet Home Support at an annual price of $200.00 The Home Support people could not fix the issues with speed, and sent me back to Hughesnet Tech Support, they as well could not fix the speed problems. This is the incident number they gave me [protected]