Huggiesdiapers

After weeks of trying to narrow down what could be causing my2yr old sons sudden severe allergy outbreaks my daycare provider shared that she too used Huggies and started having problems with a lot of rashes with her son since the middle of February. Looking into some mom groups online she discovered that there were more complaints from other moms of Huggies diapers causing allergy outbreaks. One mom says she discovered that Huggies made a formula change in their diapers in January of 2010, just around a month before each of us started having issues with these sudden rashes. For some they are medium-regular looking diaper rashes but for my son it's severe. He scratches around his waist and then anyplace his fingers touch cause further blister looking outbreak. It's been a nightmare for us trying to pin down what's caused this for him. I'm very angry with Huggies for not testing this new formula better before stocking store shelves with it. Probably not all kids will be affected but my son who's been extremely healthy--NEVER had allergies before; is reacting in a severe all body blistering effect. Huggies should have put something on their box...some kind of warning to parents that they changed this chemical makeup of the diapers and allergic rashes are possible. Luckily my son is old enough we're going radical potty training, but what about those people out there with younger kids? Please pass it on if your friend, or relatives kids are having sudden allergy problems that don't make sense, try changing away from Huggies to see if the rashes stop. If they do...complain! We have to voice this problem in order for them to hear us and change back to a safe formula. I have a picture but my printer isn't working for me to scan it and put it here.

• Ba
    Baileygross Aug 10, 2016

I purchased a pack of 88 new born little snugglers diapers and they are all mis-sharpened. The dip at the top of the diaper for the umbilical cord is not just a dip, it is a full circle. It seems like the diapers were cut wrong.
    I believe this is causing malfunction in the diapers because all of them are leaking. (This could also be dangerous for the umbilical cord. )

• Da
    danielle gambrell Jul 27, 2016

hi brought a pack of nappies a few wks back, i noticed that when i opened them they were quite small, obviously my lil girl must av grown a little, althoufh she's been in maxi for ages and still is. The reason for my complaint is that 1 inparticular nappy was faulty. As i had no other nappies at the time i had 2 put 1 of them on my little girl. what was worse is that the nappy wasn't right inside. There was no way i was gona b able 2 leave it on my daughter. The padding was completely out of place.

jacky2305 Jul 27, 2016

bought huggies nappies for my grandson as he was a bit loose, used 5 nappies out of a 56 pk to find every nappy leaked, i was very annoyed at this as i thought huggies were value for money and not as much bleach in them as, ie, pampers. i used to use huggies for my children when they were little and never had any problems, please can you reply to this message and inform me what has changed for this to occure, thank you very much, a dissapointed miss j ormston

• Lo
    louisa mason Jul 27, 2016

hello my name is louisa and i have a 7months old baby girl i have always used you huggies baby wipes and i am really disappointed in them because when i pull a wipe out of its packet and they are just tearing and drying up very fast, my daughter can't use pampers wipes because she comes out in really bad rashes, i really dont want to stop using huggies wipes but i might start and have to because this is now becoming a regular thing now with the wipes ..

• Jk
    jktom2006 Jul 27, 2016

It has been very annoying lately I am a father of two young boys one nearly 2yrs old and one nearly 4yrs old, and I have been having a stressful time opening a pack of huggies baby wipes and they are getting so tightly packed I can hardly grip a wipe to come out individually and for the price you pay which to me is expensive should not be like this am totally unhappy!!!

• Pa
    Paul Whatkiss Jul 27, 2016

We as a family have used huggies nappies for a number of years now with no real problems, We have a newborn baby girl (10/11/09) we brought huggies newborn nappies (5) packets, and the last packet that we opened we have had 6 out of the packet so far that the tapes are not secured to the nappy. When you try to fasten the nappy the left hand side tape pulls away from the nappy, it may just be a bad batch, the batch number is:- [protected], this problem will not stop us buying your products it is something that me as a customer thought needed to be addressed by your quality control inspectors.
    yours faithfully
    Mr Paul J Whatkiss

• Be
    becca22 Jul 27, 2016

I use huggies nappies on my son, and they are great.
    I used to use Newborn of course as he was just born and in a few boxes as i used to purchase 140 or 120 boxes the valcro was missing. This happened twice.
    I am now using crawlers and i have 3 valcro's missijg so far. I kept one if you want me to send this in??

This is dissapointing as nappies are not cheap and ths keeps happening?? What can be done please

• Ni
    Nicola_0109 Jul 27, 2016

No sooner have I put my son a fresh nappy on, it falls off!!! This is due to one side not being attached as well as the other side. The whole of the right hand side just detaches itself. These are not budget nappies and are quite pricey and I expect better! I would like some form of compensation as I have had to throw out nearly every nappy out of a huge box.

• Li
    lianne allen Jul 27, 2016

on recently puchasing a pack of huggies super dry size 6 x 38 pack for my 2 year old on putting a nappy on the side tabs were not there so after picking another one the tabs were hanging off, i checked and in disgust at least 20 plus were not with tabs so overall not happy have always used huggies but feel let down now

• Em
    emma walpole Jul 27, 2016

Huggies super dry are certainly not super dry. After being worn for around 2hrs the nappy and all clothing was soaking wet. Had to take all my childs clothes off in town and wrap him in a blanket to get him home. Wouldnt mind but ive bought 2 boxes at £22 from asda Kettering, next time ill be buying pampers.

• Za
    zacandjosh Jul 27, 2016

i brought a pack of huggies super dry nappies, and the sides were not attached on 3 nappies, this was such an inconvienance and waste of my money, causing my childs clothes 2 b soiled and creating extra jobs for myself !

• Si
    Sibongile Nxumalo Jul 27, 2016

I am a mother of twins and i can not afford to keep buying nappies (JAMBO PACK THAT IS) every weekend cause 10% of them do not have patches i have been buying them for 11 month now ever since my babies were born and every month its the very same thing, huggies is a very good brand very good on my babies bottom too BUT I AM TiRED OF WASTING MY VALUABLE MONEY ON IT!!!

Charlene Wilcocks Jul 27, 2016

I have been buying Huggies Dry comfort since November 2010 and every time there seems to be faulty nappies in the packet. It was usually 5-10 faulty nappies. In April 2011 I baught another two packets of Huggies Dry Comfort and found 18 faulty nappies in the one packet and 23 in the second packet. It either did not have a strip in the right hand side or when you open it, the strip is loose. I am really happy with Huggies in general, because it absorbs very well, but now I have this problem. it is really a waste to buy nappies and you can not use it.

• Sh
    sherylatkin Jul 27, 2016

I have used huggies since my twin boys was born over 20 months ago and as you can guess i get through alot of nappies, the last two packets i brought have had one side splitting which has coursed them to leak, i cant get them changed at the shop as i havent got the reciept anymore so i will have to go out and by more which isnt good when you dont have alot of money.

• Ly
    Lynette Honiball Jul 27, 2016

I buy a bag the same size as pampers 6-9 kg, and it did not fit it is very small. I wasted a hole bag of nappies. The size before 6-9kg is bigger than them. I will never buy huggies again.

• K1
    k1m83 Jul 27, 2016

I am a single teenage mother. I just finished school and i am trying to provide the best for my son. I bought a pack of huggies for my 16month old son to find that majority of the nappies had no fastening strip. i can not aford to buy more nappies and had to go to drastic measures to get more nappies. i love huggies but i am very disapointed for what has happened to me twice. i hope that huggies will please change this as i really dont want to change nappy brands.

• Da
    Danel Joubert Jul 27, 2016

To whom it may concern
    This is the $th pack of huggies gold nr 3 that i bought that is faulty.
    Some nappies dont have straps to fasten, some are rock hard were the cotten is supposed to be, and some are completly open and you can pul the "cotten" out with your fingers.

I cant beleive that for the amount you pay for huggies gold that this is the quality you get. Dont they do quality checks?????? I am so dissapointed, its unacceptable.

We the consumers should not just leave it.
    And on top of faulty nappies, they leak aswell!

Danel Joubert
    [email protected]

• Ta
    Tanya Jul 27, 2016

I have brought your nappies for at least 4 years and i think they were great better than huggies. Now that you have changed them (supposibly to more improved) i think they are terrible they have gone to being a good quality nappy to poor quality. My kids never leaked out of the older ones now they constantly leak at night with these new ones. You had people coming to your store just to buy nappies i don’t believe you will have this anymore you will get a bag name cheap and nasty.

• Mu
    Mum2two Jul 27, 2016

I totally agree with you, it's happened to me too. I always preferred huggies over pampers as pampers changed their design about 2 years ago and only had protection in the middle and none at sides and that caused it to leak. Now with the new huggies - last box I've used - they seem to have adopted the money saving trick from pampers and now mg son's nappies are leaking too. It is so unfair to the baby to have his clothes changed every couple of hours. It is the right size and yes I do put them on correctly.
    I am thinking of switching to other brands - have heard supermarket brands tend to do better.

• Al
    Albyon Jul 27, 2016

Good Day, About two weeks ago i bought a jumbo pack of Huggies size4 (the red pack with the Winnie the Pooh print on) which i regularly purchase @ Checkers, Westgate Mall in Mitchells Plain. Apparently in between the pack are reject nappies, reject meaning that the one side which should stick, either has no fold with the “so called valcro” part or it does’nt have that section at all. I am very disappointed as i am a huge huggies fan & wouldnt want to change my option of choice. The pack is still standing & have not completed the pack as i would like to return it to the store but unfortunately i cannot find the slip which i kept on a place where i could find it.

please advise me on what i should do as i would like to either get a new pack or be refunded. I had to resort in purchasing a whole new pack of nappies of which i bought the Huggies Gold, afraid that i would get that same problem as with the red pack. i am a 1st time mom but also a proud mom to be using your brand, i believe in your product and hope that you can attend to this matter as best you can. my contact details are as follows should you require further information.

I have purchased a jumbo pack of 64 Huggies nappies from Woolworth’s and I’m very disappointed would the product. I opened the only to find out that quart pack of the nappies are damaged in the sense of it being to thick or to thin and what is more disappointing is that most of the nappies are poorly made, the product used to make the nappy is absolutely hard. How do I use this on my baby? I would really appreciate it if you would deal with this problem that I have cause it’s really disappointing to know that I have changed from Pampers to Huggies and to have a problem like this.

• We
    welshbex Jul 27, 2016

i often buy huggies nappies and don't normally get any problems but the last 2 boxes i have been using have all leaked and are soaking through my sons clothes the nappies are not evan that full compared to normally and are still leaking and am not impressed considering the price i pay to get him good quality nappies yet that is the total opposite of what i am receiving.if the problem is not resolved i will no longer be buying huggies.

• Bm
    b mullan Jul 27, 2016

i have 3 sons and have always used huggies as i do think they are the better brand, but these last few packs i have been using on my 4 month old son i am not happy with, there is always something up with the tabs either not closing or its sticking together. I am not 1 to complain but as they are so expensive i thought i would either let you know or change brand altogether :(. I would be a very happy mum if you replied to this and let me know that my complaint has been taken onboard.

• Mm
    MMcdiarmid Jul 27, 2016

Huggies Boys toddler nappies pack of 36 purchased at Big W greenhills NSW whislt holidaying
    found hard substances in the nappy lining ..
    not happy with the quality of this product for my son ..
    am a regular user of huggies nappies ...
    batch number [protected]
    sincerely yours M Mcdiarmid

• Sr
    srbab Jul 27, 2016

I brought a couple boxes of jumbo huggies nappies size 5 for my 1 year old baby and have most she leak through and when i changed her and tried to put anothe nappie on the sticky bit broke of in my hand it happened a few times. Im not very happy as Im a single mum of 3 and i can not afford to waste money like i that on diapers. I really don’t want to change my daughter nappies but if it happens aging in gonna do just that. Please help me with these jumbo huggies nappies diapers leaking through on her.

Mandie123 Jul 27, 2016

I've been using huggies for 9months now and 3 pack's of nappy's had problems not all of the nappy's had straps. I thought nappy's is suppose to have 2 straps what now I've put everything aside for proof. So what now should I keep on buying huggies and only use half a pack or do I change my brand??????????

• Sk
    SKHRJulius Jul 27, 2016

I have used Huggies on both my kids, but I think with the years their quality has worstened. I have 2 complaints. 1 is that they seem to give off an awful smell, my 1 year old daughter has her nappy on for about 2 hours and I then notice a smell. It smells like she has had an awful runny poo. When she actually hasnt. The second complaint is that out of about 48 nappies there are 2 or more that when opening the straps snap straight off and the nappy cannot be used at all. It is so frustrating and I am not resorting to buying the PnP branded nappies coz they seem to be of better quality.

• My
    MyGoodness Jul 27, 2016

Why would you expect diapers to come with strapons?

• Th
    Theo Ostreline Jul 27, 2016

When my daughter was born seven years ago we used only Huggies diapers and were very satisfied with the product, with the birth of our son a year ago were did not hesitate to use a product we were confident of, how wrong we were the quality of the new Huggies diapers leaves much to be desired. The quality of the new product is appalling.
    We have decided to switch to another brand.
    Theo and Ronel Ostreline
    Port Elizabeth
    South Africa

• Me
    MELISSA BROCKINGTON Jul 27, 2016

hi, i am a regular customer, i only buy huggie brand for my child, i bought this 1 case of diapers & he broke out, at the bottom of the box it was damp, walmart refused to take them back, so they gave me this website, please contact me ASAP, best regards melissa brockington at [protected]
    it was a size 3's 96 packthe first # is PA00S6 08F 1057 IT IS KINDA BLURRED
    SECOND IS A45442 163 P08

marylilly Jul 27, 2016

I got my family allowence and bought may baby pack of step 5 nappies got home and none of the nappies had straps on atall now i had no money to buy no more iys rediculas

• JuliePooh51265 Jul 27, 2016

Please learn how to type, spell, and construct a simple sentence. After you do that, either take the diapers back to the store where you bought them or contact the manufacturer. Their number should be on the package somewhere.

• Me
    MelissaBekker Jul 27, 2016

I have recently bought the no 5 Huggies blue pack for my son, I have noticed that the fastning strips on the one side tear off if you put the nappy on or after a short while my son comes running with a diaper that is falling off. I've been using Huggies for the past 4 yrs and have been pretty happy mostly, but this pack is definately not up to standard.

angela 234 Jul 27, 2016

o have bought 3 diffemt boxes now og thes huggies diapers and same thing tabs tear before use velcro stuk so not useable an thats alotta wasted diapers please help maybe rembursemt

• Re
    Reviewer50552 Jul 27, 2016

Ok so I seen the videos all over Facebook and thought, well there is no way that it could me in mine... Until I watched a video of a woman who had found glass in hers and her son had been scratching his butt constantly. Well so has my son, so I decided to check it out and it's true!! Little tiny pieces all over it! You can feel them! I am not happy at all right now. My youngest too young to scratch so he must be being tortured with constant itching. And he is covered in bumps all over his legs and some on his butt.

These need to be recalled! Now!

• Re
    Renevdw Jul 27, 2016

I am writting on behalf of my sister that bought the Huggies Dry Comfort - Size three
    econimy pack.
    She has bought this product before and was very happy to buy again until this pack.
    The size in the pack was completely wrong, they were all way to small. They were almost the same size as the previous size pack.
    These diapers also leaked and is really no good at all.
    She is not planning to buy this product again as it was money wasted.

• As
    Ashmi zaveri Jul 04, 2016

I had ordered small size diapers for my 6 months old baby and found yellow hard patch on diapers, it looks like some recycled or used material is getting used in making diapers. I had taken photos as well for proof. I am using huggies for my son when he was 3 month old and not found any problem but in last three ordered this happened twice, afterall it's matter of my son's safety which i can't comprise . I Hope to get revert from the company for such poor quality else will have to switch to other product.

• Al
    Alvene Lloyd Jun 03, 2016

Hi Huggies Team I've been using Huggies nappies since the birth of of my second child. And I never had a problem using it. My girl is 20 months old now and this time of the night I can exaly say I'm deeply dissapointed in Huggies Gold for girls. I bought the packet Monday and now its Saturday morning pass 2 and there is 5 nappies left and my bed is wet every nite or morning this time, my girls clothing is wet everyday. Say about 8 nappies I had 2 throw for strips that was loose. I'm realy dissapointed guys please I bought the Gold packet regardless the price but to have the best for my baby. The leakage and loose strips are a waiste of my money and I'm a single mom

• Ze
    zekiel May 15, 2016

For the past 24 Months I have supported huggies the past two months ive noticed couple of the diapers did not have valco on the sides this meant I had to throw them away.

Not pleased at all

• Co
    Coya Harris May 08, 2016

I have been buying Huggies only for the past 2 years and recently have become disappointed in the product. The huggies leak during the night. Regardless if it's pee or poop it some how ends up out of the diaper. Not a happy customer

• Sh
    Shelbs Williams May 02, 2016

I bought a big box of little movers like I always do, never had a problem with them. But this last time I couldn't even use half of them because the insides were all hard and falling apart, and the filling would be all over my daughter.

Comment Guidelines