Menu

reviews & complaints

Buy Buy Baby Complaints Summary

1 Resolved
31 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Buy Buy Baby with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Buy Buy Baby has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Buy Buy Baby. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Buy Buy Baby complaints 32

Sort by:

Newest Buy Buy Baby reviews & complaints

3:33 pm EDT

Buy Buy Baby Online fraud

I have two account charges from 2 completely different merchants. There is no phone number and/ or website. Both occurred simultaneously on 09/14/2023

I contacted my financial institution and they gave me 2 numbers but both are disconnected.

It’s unbelievable how fast buy buy baby STOLE MONEY

All this occurred via Facebook and online services. This is a really bad situation

Desired outcome: Refund the money $47.98and $49.93

9:00 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My husband and I entered the deerfield location in Mason, Ohio on May 13th to use a gift card we recieved as a baby shower gift late from a family member who didn't make it to the shower. It was for $50 and we were told at checkout that the deadline to use the gift card was may 8th. I explained to the cashier that we had just gotten the gift card a few day...

4:46 pm EST

Buy Buy Baby Erroneous charge to my account - jeannette figueroa

I made a purchase via BUYBUYBABY online on 1/22/23 and never received the merchandise. I contacted BUYBUYBABY and they stated that the merchandise was on backorder and did not know when the merchandise would be received as they we're have problems with the vendor, so I cancelled the order which totaled $82.34. In addition, my Bed Bath and Beyond Credit Card was charged a total of 4 times for this transaction. See below in addition to communications with BUYBUYBABY

From: Comenity Bank

Sent: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 11:41 AM (ET)

To: You

Subject: Re: Transaction Refunds

Message ID: [protected]

I am with Comenity Capital Bank, which handles your credit card account.

I'm here to help with your account needs.

Thank you for contacting us.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

A review of your account shows there is a total pending transactions of

$329.36 dated 01/22/2023. The pending transactions are set to expire

from your account on 05/14/2023 until this time, the total amount of

$329.36 will not be added into your available credit.

The pending transactions place a hold on the available credit limit for

the amount of the transaction.

The team that can best answer your questions about your purchases,

returns and merchandise can be reached at [protected].

We appreciate your business - and we appreciate hearing from you. If you

have any other account concerns, we're always happy to help.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out, and have a great day.

If you have any questions, please click the reply button.

Sincerely,

N.Sultana

Internet Customer Care Team

Original Message Follows:

------------------------

Below is a copy of an email I received confirming my cancellation of an

order placed to BuyBuyBaby instead of a refund being issued I was

recharged multiple times. Please correct!

As requested, your order has been cancelled. You will not be charged for

these item(s).

Red/Black

Hudson Baby® Size 3-6M Lemon Short Sleeve Cotton Romper

Hudson Baby® Size 3-6M 2-Pack Roses Dresses in Soft Pink

From: You

Sent: Thursday, March 2, 2023, 1:56 PM (ET)

To: Comenity Bank

Subject: Transaction Refunds

Message ID: [protected]

Below is a copy of an email I received confirming my cancellation of an order placed to BuyBuyBaby instead of a refund being issued I was recharged multiple times. Please correct!

As requested, your order has been cancelled. You will not be charged for these item(s).

02/13/2023

02/06/2023

01/30/2023

01/22/2023

02/24/2023

Interest Charge on Purchases

Desired outcome: That the error of charging my credit card 4 times be immediately credited to my account instead of me having to wait unit 5/2023 for it to be corrected.

Is Buy Buy Baby legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Buy Buy Baby as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 3% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Buy Buy Baby stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Buy Buy Baby should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Buy Buy Baby earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Buy Buy Baby achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Buy Buy Baby. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Buy Buy Baby has claimed the domain name for buybuybaby.com for a long time, which suggests that the website is established and has a history of being in operation. This is a positive sign, as it indicates that the website has been around for a while and may have a reputation to maintain.

Buybuybaby.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Buy Buy Baby website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

We looked up Buy Buy Baby and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Buy Buy Baby has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 3% of 32 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Buy Buy Baby protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Buy Buy Baby. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
S
5:35 pm EST

Buy Buy Baby Return/replacement

Order#

ORDER NUMBER

BAB6661711083

Ordered a car seat that FedEx damaged on delivery. I called for a replacement and customer service told me to return it to a store or FedEx location. The problem was that is over an hour drive from my home so they "scheduled" a FedEx home pickup... Customer service never even sent me the label they were supposed to. I then had to call back numerous times to get the proper label for pickup. Then the pickup never showed up. I ended up driving an hour to a FedEx location to ship the broken car seat. I was told numerous times by customer service they would send a replacement car seat when they received the one I was sending back. A week later I see they refunded me and retuned the car seat and did not send a replacement. I had to call again to have them send me a new one and took about 30 minutes over the phone having to read back the rewards cash numbers they refunded and then re-charge my card. This is ridiculous I had to jump through hoops for weeks to get a replacement that I wanted and had to talk to several customer service agents to achieve this.

Desired outcome: I would appreciate a response to why after asking for a REPLACEMENT four times the item was returned and refunded. Also why was there never an email notification when the item was received for return.

R
5:28 pm EST

Buy Buy Baby Elvie pump

terrible attendance! They canceled my purchase without me asking and they don't answer my emails.

Order Date: 11/26/2022

order number: BAB3956507371

R
5:43 pm EST

Buy Buy Baby Soho baby chandler set

We ordered the Soho baby chandler set which included the 4-in-1 crib, dresser and changing table topper. The changing table topper came first and was damaged including a crack and dents in it. We exchanged this for another one (2nd attempt) and it came damaged again with some of it not painted. Extremely poor craftsmanship and does not look like anyone inspected it before sending it out. We just exchanged it again (still waiting for the next one to come in). Each time we needed to repackage it up using our own packing tape and taking a ton of time to repack. We attempted to bring it to fedex and we do not have any near us so fedex needed to come pick it up. The first pick up was seamless but after that buybuybaby told me the next pick up would be for Thursday or Friday. Within this time frame we also got the crib. This was terrible quality. There were dinks and cracks and chips. Everything was wrong with this. So now I am not only stressed about this furniture being damaged but me being pregnant I am lifting these heavy boxes in and out of the house having to repack them. We exchanged this crib at the same time as the 2nd baby changing table. We put both of them out Thursday and Friday and fedex did not come. I called up buybuybaby and they told me that the scheduled pickup was cancelled but no one sent me an email or phone call to tell me this so that was a total of 4 times right there taking the boxes in and out. The new crib that came in still has multiple dinks on it and poor craftsmanship but I am sick of packing it up and sending it back. It is WAY TO MUCH STRESS FOR SOMEONE WHO IS PREGNANT. The dresser also has dinks and poor craftsmanship but I sucked it up and just kept that one. At this point it looks absolutely terrible on buybuybaby. I am extremely stressed, upset and disappointed on the furniture.

Desired outcome: Based on multiple exchange attempts, store credit would be acceptable or preferable compensation for the damaged portions.

H
11:42 am EDT

Buy Buy Baby Horrible customer service

This is crazy. I’m so upset this is my 5th time reaching out to buybuyBaby about there baby registry promotion and no one seems to know anything about it and the people who do dive me different information about it. I was first told that the person who purchased from my registry gets the reward credit. Then I was told by another rep that what the previous rep said was a mistake because I had pointed out on the terms that it said “ Only purchases made from

an active buybuy BABY registry are eligible to

receive rewards. A registrant can earn up to

$300 in Rewards.”

I was told I would be receiving the max $300 in rewards on 10/26. 10/26 comes around no rewards we’re posted to my account. Then I was told it would be the end of the day on 10/26. The 27th comes along still no rewards. I spoke with another rep and they were rude tried telling me again it doesn’t go to the registrant it goes to the purchaser. I let them know that was wrong and this whole promotion seems like a scam. Then they said I was correct it does go to the registant after I sent her a screenshot of the promo from the site. Then she tried telling me that my rewards probably went to someone else’s account and then tried saying I don’t get any rewards. I’m so upset with buybuyBaby’s customer service. I’m already starting to build another registry on Babylist/Amazon/target etc. I hope the company documents and records each call and text with customer service. This has been the worst service I’ve ever had. The last person I spoke with was so rude condescending and disrespectful. I did not appreciate that. (I tried uploading some of the customer service text messages but some of them aren’t loading)

N
12:23 pm EDT

Buy Buy Baby Umbrella baby stroller

Order # bab [protected]

Ordered same day delivery

Received 2 items (blanket and terry cloths) but not the umbrella stroller although it indicates delivered

Item # [protected]

Please contact me and resend stroller. It has bern charged to card already.

There are other items that I know are being fed ex later but this item is not coming that way. This was part of the same day delivery items

Desired outcome: send umbrella stroller

F
8:17 pm EST

Buy Buy Baby Where to begin

This is a second order from you that was damaged so I'm returning as item is not in stock then rep was suppose to email a return label instead she sent my in store return well nothing near me for over 100 miles then I had to call back on hold then I sent in a military discount my coupon said ex 11- 2023 again this time I chatted was told that was an Error and couldn't not honor asked for manger did Not get then I request a call back from a manager again didn't happen not my fault the website had an error all other companies would honor
I have a picture of it and I sent to rep he didn't care I had an errror on car price on a website it was a large error guess what I printed it brought it in they took the hit

Desired outcome: 25%off entire purchase

M
8:03 pm EDT

Buy Buy Baby Evolur santa fe 5 in 1 convertible crib

I paid $417.00 for this crib over a month ago and I have not received the crib nor has anyone contacted me about the crib. I asked for a refund and nobody seems to be able to issue me a refund. My money has been stolen by a public company and I am curious. Heading to the bbb to file a complaint there also. I have called their customer service and the local store and nobody has helped me. I also contacted hds which is their delivery company and they told me they don't know where my crib is because it got lost in transit. This was after they told me it had arrived at the local hub and would be delivered the next day. This has been a nightmare from hell and they are refusing to refund my money by giving me the runaround by not calling me back within the 24-48 hours that they promise you they will call. Extremely unprofessional, tacky service, horrible customer service and a waste of my time and hard earned money. This is unacceptable!

I want my refund now! The crib is lost. I don't want it anymore because your company dropped the ball! Refund my money!

Desired outcome: Refund

5:45 pm EDT

Buy Buy Baby BAB7135465820 - Problem with Order

4/23/21 - called customer service because my order was not complete. I ordered a 4 pack of Dr Brown 5 oz baby bottles $22.99. When we received the package it was 1 single bottle and still charged me the $22.99.

1st representative I talked to said he would refund the full $22.99 for Buy Buy Baby mistake and I do not have to return the bottle. Our line was disconnected.

Called back and spoke with a 2nd representative who said that he would only refund me for 3 single bottles ~$15 bucks because it was not fair to Buy Buy Baby for me to keep the single bottle. Asked him why since the first person told me something different. He said its base on his judgment. He offered for me to return the 1 bottle, which is beyond me since we are in a pandemic!

What kind of BS is that. Terrible customer service and not considerate of the covid pandemic.

Desired outcome: Full Refund of Dr. Brown Bottles

4:46 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Thursday, January 7th around 2:50- 3:30 I visited buy buy baby located in Cedar Hills Beaverton, OR. I went and got the items I went for specifically comotomo bottles and I asked about the price match and as soon as I mentioned the price match the manager started giving me attitude and when she couldn't find the items she said "I can't price match them...

10:59 pm EST

Buy Buy Baby Customer service and store experience

My husband came to the store Rancho Cucamonga BuyBuyBaby Store (11530 Fourth St. Ste 125 Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730) today on Nov 25, 2020 for a pick up order that we received a email notification for pick up today. My husband and MANY others were turned away at the door at 6pm! Many of them that made the trip to pick up their important orders before Thanksgiving (Which is very suspicious that a store would randomly close early the day before Thanksgiving without any reason or cause). The doors were closed and they had shopping carts barricading the doors from the inside of the store. My husband had been waiting at the door for quite some time to speak to someone as to why they were not open during the set business hours which were supposed to close at 8pm. Now at 6:30pm, employees inside were closing up, and vacuuming while they completely ignored their customers at the door. They refused to give customers a reason as to why they were closed. After observing the employees, there was no emergency or occurrence that would prevent them from staying open. There was no notice posted on the door and there was no communication to the public. My husband attempted to ask speak and call over to someone at the door. Someone finally came and he asked them for the Corporate Customer Service Number to call and the employee proceeded to ridicule him and scoff as She told my husband to quote "Find it online" rather than providing him the number or helping him. She was completely rude to him. As employees left, my husband spoke to them and they told him that they didn't even know as to why they were closing early. Another employee had just arrived for her shift and she also stated she was not aware that she did not need to report to work or that the store was closing early. My husband encountered many very angry and upset individuals including mothers with their children attempting to also pick up their orders to no avail they were ignored. This is a gross negligence on the part of store management internally and to serving the goodwill of their customers. I will continue to file a complaint to escalate this to corporate.

Read full review of Buy Buy Baby

I have resolved this issue. Please remove my complaint effective immeadiately. Thank you.

3:37 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Buy Buy Baby The enclosure card was not included with the gift I ordered.

I have called 3 times now, trying to get someone to send the enclosure card that was not included with the crib I sent to my niece. She had no idea who the crib came from.
All I want is for Buy Buy Baby to complete the order and send my enclosure card to my niece.
Item: BAB7104029557
I ordered the crib with an enclosure card on 9/26/2020 online.
The crib was delivered on 10/07/2020 without the enclosure card.

Today I was transferred (again) to a supervisor and, in giving her the benefit of the doubt, we were disconnected. They are telling me that they are waiting for the vendor to get back to them. When I called last week, another supervisor told me they would email me within 24 to 48 hours and would that be okay. I agreed, but, again, no one has attempted to contact me.

Judy McDermott

S
3:38 pm EDT

Buy Buy Baby Customer service communication

Have received emails that my order has been delayed - no problem, but also no details of when it is expected to ship. Most annoying is that I waiting on hold for 1 1/2 hours - yes one and a half hours and no one answered - this is totally unacceptable - covid or no covid! People are working - companies are open... Do not use covid as an excuse for poor customer service. Have a call back option if you do not have enough people to cover your customer service dept please.

9:59 pm EDT

Buy Buy Baby Order not shipped

I placed an order on may 3, 2020. It's still sitting in processing and they are basically unreachable. No working email, over an hour hold time. Chat doesn't work. This was supposed to be a gift for my daughter's 1st mother's day. The charge in my card finally showed up as pending last week. I was hoping that meant it was going to ship. Even with the covid outbreak, this is completely unacceptable.

L
9:15 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I entered into the store and it was my first time at this location. I wasn't greeted nor was I approached by anyone, but I always keep a smile on my face. I looked at the cashier located near the door. Nothing, not a word. She just looked at me. I continue to walk through the store staying on the isles without touching anything. I was looking for a...

P
9:22 pm EDT

Buy Buy Baby Crib purchase from hell

This has been the worst customer service I have ever experienced. We ordered a crib and were sent two identical pieces (this led to one missing piece) for the crib. It has been nothing short of a wild goose chase on how to get the correct piece. My wife has been calling and emailing non stop to even get an answer. Our baby is due in the next few weeks and we don't have a functioning crib. We have spoken with multiple service reps and one by the name of brenden even gave us a wrong number to contact for our home delivery. It ended up being a number for a vitamin store. Called back again and got a guy by the name of brendin. That's right, 2 guys with different ways to spell that name. Brendin told us that he couldn't help us at all.

I'm tired of going around the horn trying to get an answer. I planned on buying the uppababy stroller through buy buy baby, but why would i? Why would I support a company with such horrible service. I need an answer now or you will lose a customer and I will go to the better business bureau.

B
4:44 pm EST

Buy Buy Baby Baby crib

I put in an order for a baby crib on December 15th. I had used a 50$ gift card for the order and the remaining balance put on a credit card. I received an email confirming the purchase that night and an expected delivery date of 12/21-12/28. After that I recieved no other emails, and after the 25th I rechecked my order status just to check where the package might be at and my order now says cancelled. I recieved no email letting me know it was canceled or why. I reached out to the online help section on the buy buy website and put in info to be contacted about my order within 24 hours, and never heard from any one. I then called customer service and due to volume of calls was told to leave a voicemail and I'd be called back in 24 hours and 2 days later have yet to hear back from anyone. I tried to just re submit my order using the same card and gift card again, but it looks like my gift card was never reimbursed the money that was on it for the canceled order.

K
8:59 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had a major misunderstanding about how the process to buy online and pick up in the BuyBuyBaby store works. We have the first grandkid being born soon in South Carolina. We live in Kentucky, Maryland, and California. The opportunity to pick up all these gifts in Lexington KY by the kind sister (me) was going to save everybody shipping costs, and...

Read full review of Buy Buy Baby and 1 comment
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Buy Buy Baby contacts