Huddle HouseI cant believe the response I got from the manager

I am in total disbelief at this point. Well we had a meeting last week and we were told that if we had second jobs we would have to make a decision on which job was most important to us, but listen to our contradicting manager. Since she has taken over the store we never have everything we need to complete our shifts. So I call her tonight and tell her we are almost out of the following items: bacon, and salads. And I also tell her we were not left any baked potatoes (which we serve alot of on our shift), no cheesecake, and no tomatoes. She replies I pulled a box of bacon this morning and it should have lasted all day (one box of bacon for three shifts... wow) we only had two sheets of bacon left and it wasnt even 7 o'clock yet. We did not have any potatoes and that is one of the main items we serve, we had no cheesecakes in the pie case and had 7 different people that requested cheesecake and we had to tell them we did not have them. just yesterday I had to give one customer back their money because we had no strawberries out to put on his desert. It really ticked me off when she said it was not her fault we did not have these items out because she asked the previous shift to write down what they needed, so she pulled what they wrote down. First of all, as a manager, you are supposed to do a thorough walk through and make sure each shift has enough to hold them till the next shift, and you are supposed to leave other items out so that we can preprep what is needed for the next shift (which is included on our duties list) — how can we do it if there is nothing left for us to do. What really took me over the edge was to here her say she was at her second job (when she just got finished telling us to choose in the meeting — biggest contradiction I have ever seen) and then she says if we run out then we tell them we are out of it until someone can get there to pull it (and no one ever came). how do they expect us to sell, and bring the sales up if we have the items in the store but not on the floor when they are needed. WE CAN'T. We have lost on on some good sales for the past two days because of this and that is not good for business. There is no reason we should have to tell our customers we are out of it if we have the items in the store. The other two waitresses and the cook was blown away just as I was. What's the purpose of having a manager if she can't make sure we have what we need and when she doesn't she blames it on the employees for her not doing her job. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH... WHEN IS SOMEONE GOING TO PUT A STOP TO THIS.. WHEN?

chrissieplum Jun 20, 2011

This is a response to a job I applied to please read from bottom to top, very unprofessional

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is Christina Collins, and I am writing this email in reference to a response one of your hiring managers sent to me and I believe it to be belittling and unprofessional towards me and my accomplishments. His name is Glen Haisley and I thought you might want to know what type of person you have working for you and I’m pretty sure anyone managed under him would appreciate this email before they can learn what type of person he is. Attacking my character and professional accomplishments, I am appalled at his response in all capital letters as though he is yelling at me and laughing at my history. Please feel free to read the emails he sent to me in reference to a job opening in New Orleans East I will never set foot in a Huddle House or send anyone I know there, and I’ll be sure to inform everyone I know not to go there.

Christina Collins

--- On Sun, 6/19/11, Christina Collins <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Christina Collins <[email protected]>
    To: [email protected]
    Date: Sunday, June 19, 2011, 8:46 PM

It was right after Katrina and I had to take what I could get, new city and surroundings. I needed money to eat, and live. Again I am so appalled at you by this response, I made $7.00hr at Jack in The Box, and Hilton offered me $11.50hr which was more than I had ever made in my life, and Bank of America offered me 13.65, and I worked my way to the top eventually earning $17.31hr, and I was stable and planning on retiring at the company but to my surprise I was laid off because my job went to India that’s the country by the way. And so I said hay you love to cook went to school to learn restaurant management and being a chef because that’s what they teach you restaurant management and cooking. I’m pretty sure your managers you are trying to hire should know how to do both. So why don’t you just go back to work doing what is you love to do. So again you are to haste to judge and poor and your response.

Thanks,

Christina Collins FSP (FOOD SAFETY PROFESSIONAL)

972-898-4099

Date: Sunday, June 19, 2011, 8:00 PM

Also. no stability…too many jobs in such a short period of time>>>>>

Glen Haisley,

Okay I except your apology and good luck with finding managers. I know the email included errors and I'm pretty sure you went to school so you should know that a reply in all capital letters means that you are yelling, and I was not concerned with the punctuation or spelling I was too insulted, and surprised at such a response. I have been managing since Jack in the Box up into Bank of America and I will be forwarding this email to your corporate office. And huddle house like I mentioned earlier is no five star restaurant, and the chef is not starting from the bottom that would be a janitor to some people. You should take a class on professionalism, and learn not to try and belittle and insult someone. It shows a lot about your character even if you are working on father’s day you should be able to handle stress in any situation given to you.

Thanks,

Christina Collins FSP (FOOD SAFETY MANAGER)

972-898-4099

--- On Sun, 6/19/11, glen haisley <[email protected]> wrote:

Date: Sunday, June 19, 2011, 7:58 PM

Well you responded to a manager’s ad. Starting at the bottom, as you said would be a cook….sorry for the caps, but I’m just tired and working on Father’s Day to prepare for our opening in three weeks. I have hired 80 people and if you’re the only one that’s not happy, I’m doing pretty good…please read where you started at “So excuse me” you went entirely too long (actually a paragraph) without any punctuation. That’s like 5 run on sentences…so when you say you went to school…please write as though you have. My managers are required to write reports and this is not acceptable

Glen,

Thanks for the reply so bold all capital letters very inviting I have trained at a culinary institute to become a chef i'm sorry for thinking that I could possibly run a 5 star restaurant after running and being head chef at the restaurant in my school which performed high production of orders, inventor, finances, etc. And hosting major events within the community. So excuse me for wanting to start at the bottom of the bottom to due what I actually went to school for I guess that dosent matter anymore and I would not want to be managed under someone who would reply so rudely to an email maybe thanks for considering Huddle house but we decided to go with some one whos expierence meets more closely with the job description take a lesson.

--- On Sun, 6/19/11, glen haisley <[email protected]> wrote:

Date: Sunday, June 19, 2011, 5:45 PM

10 MONTHS OF EXPERIENCE AT JACK IN THE BOX 5 YEARS AGO….ITS GOING TO BE VERY DIFFICULT TO ADJUST TO A HIGH VOLUME HUDDLE HOUSE…

From: Christina Collins [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2011 11:37 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: HUDDLE HOUSE MANAGERS (NEW ORLEANS EAST)

Dear Sir or Madam:

With ten years of customer service experience, and a cross industry background that includes culinary arts, data entry, and sales

Previously working with BOA I can offer a working knowledge of pace, sabre, as400 and other computer programs.

As a lead representative I would draw on my ability to work well under pressure, create and execute urgent decisions.

Attached is my resume, which indicates my professionalism, work ethic, pride in accomplishing goals, and commitment to quality.

Sincerely,