HRRG Collectionsdebt collections

HRRG collected almost $3000 from me for what they said was an outstanding bill. They mailed me a letter asking for payment, then called to say they were going to report me to the credit bureau if I didn't pay the bill immediately. I was told by my insurance company that they were paying the bill and I shouldn't pay. I told HRRG this and they still said they would report me to the credit bureau that day if I didn't pay immediately. They even offered me a 20% discount if I paid that day. I was nervous and upset to have my credit affected by this so I paid the bill.

I found out after that, that my insurance company did in fact pay the bill and most of it had already been paid before HRRG called me, threatened my credit and I paid it. I am now trying to get my money back from HRRG and they won't refund my money.

I have spoken to my insurance company and the doctor's office that provided the service and both have proof of payment. HRRG refuses to contact either company and says they have no way to know that the bills were paid by insurance. They are saying they are a call center and their phones can't dial out! This is the worst customer service but even more importantly they took almost $3000 from me almost a month ago and refuse to return my money.

So I conferenced called them with the provider that hired them to collect the money. And now they are saying it will take another 45 days to process. Meaning they kept my money for three months. And that is assuming I get it back within that time frame.

DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE MONEY