HPwant a result

C

The complaints manager at HP UK is a nasty piece of work called Paulette Hughlock

She hides behind staff and will not speak to customers, but here email is: paulette.[protected]@hp.com

• Mi
    Michael Anthony 777 Mar 20, 2017

I bought close to a 4k dollar computer fro staples. It was an HP computer that needed a motherboard a few weeks after I bought it. I have had to call HP on a service I pay them for literally over 50 times. I called for a failed pavilion today and got a service tech that literally didn't do anything that made my situation better. He asked me to type in what the computer was doing. Once I did that He drew a note across the screen like a RED crayon texture in large letters saying STOP TYPING. It was childlike. At 60 I was furious. before I could get his name and whole case number he shut down leaving me hanging. Im not gonna tell you how many bad tech calls I have encountered, This case number I caught it prior to him locking me out. This is for a service I pay for weekly by the way. This case number in part was 3037649 several short of his identification. This computer was very costly and I need the weekly payment or Id have to junk the computer. He lied to me as I told him no sound came from my computer from anywhere. He said another sound area would call me in two hours to fix the sound.Doesnt exhist and never happened. Im ready to picket HP infront of staples. They took me but don't be fooled by this inadequit company. Well I can voice my opinion. another call for same issue was on 3/16 2 days earlier. this case number I caught. [protected] and I have dozens. Just junk. Thankyou Mike McGibbon from Ma.

• Ka
    Karen Speciale Jun 03, 2016

In August of 2006 I bought a Compaq computer. This year, three weeks short of the limited warranty, the hard drive failed. I know it failed because it told me in every way, shape, and form that it failed. I did the PC doctor's test and it told me the hard drive failed.

I called the support number and was told to take off the side of the computer and removed the memory card. Than I was told to do the Recovery program on the computer. I did this about 50 times. It would not work as the hard drive had failed and would NOT WORK!! They kept telling me that it would recover. It didn't. Fifty times I recovered it, it would not work. The hard drive had failed. Each time I called they told me the same thing, take off the side and do the recovery.

And every one that I talked to was obviously from India and hard to understand. Could not understand most of what they said. And they would not listened when I said THE HARD DRIVE HAS FAILED!!! I can definitely tell you that the hard drive failed because I bought one for $79. and replaced it. Now my computer works fine... no thanks to these idiots in India who work for HP and do not cover their limited warranty.

northrad Jun 03, 2016

Happens to me every month with Compaq/HP products. Our company purchased the extra 3 years on-site. Don't ever do that! Put that money in the bank for replacing the equipment when it goes bad. I'm a computer Technician and (humbly) I know more than the phone tech folks reading from a playbook.

I do know this... They are not allowed to tell you what type of training or credentials they do or don't have. They are not allowed to tell you what country or even the roundabouts of where they are located. They will at times ask your to try some silly things (that I call them on all the time) that has no bearing on the symptoms if you really know computers stuff.
    They will ask you to try everything down to taking the computer apart down to the processor yourself before they will honor (onsite) and if that doesn't fix it they will ask you to try it again in a different order before replacing a part.

I had them sending HP person onsite finally once and called with my case number when they never came. They said they could not find my case number and wanted to start completely over. They will make you repair your own computer first and try to trick you into replacing the part for them if they are supposed to come onsite.

I have a laptop with an HP "known issue" without remedy that kept the computer from being using it's onboard network adapter and they could not fix it but they would not replace the laptop with a comparable model. Although my issue was reported before warranty expired and they said it's out of warranty now.

Recently, I had a bad fuser on a printer. Knew it was a bad fuser and the on-line tech refused to acknowledge the bad fuser. 3 hours later and I printed out my chat session my support session because it was so bad. I spent our companies own money replacing the warrantied part (yes, it was well under the copy count- I know it's considered a maintenance kit) I replaced the fuser with an identical fuser and it worked. They will not replace the bad fuser.

In fact, prior and at the time I replaced the fuser with that of an identical printer in the company-it worked. They wanted me to replace the old fuser and troubleshoot the printer with the broken fuser in it for 2 hours which I did and they still would not replace it. I asked... at what point will your company decide it is time to come out? After three hours. I could of paid for the thing with the amount of lost time based on the hours I spent on the phone.

They said as long as it takes... They do that until you give up or run out of time... :(

They also treat you like you are a liar. I had a failing hard drive that failed their on-site diagnostics and the phone rep want my to copy and paste the URL for the test I found. He later said those tests are not 100% when I expected to get a new replacement and ship them the failing.

HP/COMPAQ Support it is a SCAM!!! The book that a pure profit.

• Hp
    HP's deepika yadav is stupid Jun 03, 2016

THIS is so true today i talked with some hp chat support idiot named Deepika Yadav - this person had really bad english skills and technical skills. i was requesting for someone else to help me and then this persons ended the chat session. Im trying to find a way to tell hp how rude, and incompetent this person was to me.

id love to share a copy of the chat session here.

i own a lot of hp products this chat session was really a turn off. ive told everyone already on my social networking site and on several blogs and complaint networks..im stil waiting from for their sincere apology and hopefully good technical support to fix my printer.

i hope karma is real and deepika yadav gets whats coming soon.

hp support center you should be ashamed for what you pass of as CUSTOMER CARE!!!

Reviewer74725 Oct 25, 2015

I have a Presario v5000 (does not show t or cto after v5000) with windows xp and im finding it difficult to get some help from Compaq. All I need is the recovery disk download link sent to [email protected]hoo.co.uk, as I have two disks that don't work anymore.

• Ta
    Tance mehmet Oct 07, 2015

Hi I would also like to make a complaint, I bought my unit from aboard when I was living there since then I returned to England with my unit, I bought it in February this year at a very high price I have invoices and warranty, I only used it for about six months before the unit just stopped working, not knowing what to do, I actually took it to a third party thinking it was not covered in this country, being England, although the third party hadnt done anything to it saying that it should be covered by HP, anyway I sent several emails to HP explaining truthfully all that had happened and they took my unit and kept it for nearly a month and a half, returning it with no details of what was wrong, I phone several times still getting nothing until one lady who was polite but did not sort out my dilemma, spoke to me saying that she had pictures to send me of my laptop. But I was appalled when she said water and wiring was lose, I actually felt cheated, HP have appalling service and managment, and I am very upset to say all my units are HP and wish I hadnt bought them, my unit is still non functional and I cant do anything about it, what can I do help please.
    you can email me on [email protected]

Reviewer51161 Aug 20, 2015

I received the PC and the back of it was smashed in. The box was fine. I then had to go through the RMA process and instead of 3 days it turned into 2 weeks. before I get the next one will be 3 weeks. Why do I have to wait so long for a replacement when they sent damaged goods? When the replacement gets here I am going to cancel my account with them. I have spent thousands there, yes thousands.

• Ga
    Garden Party Hire Nov 26, 2014

Had I read this website & these reviews of HP years ago I would have never authorised our IT guys to use HP products.

Now that I have experienced HP's dire customer service I have issued instruction's to remove all HP equipment from my company with immediate effect.

I vote with my feet when treated so appallingly & don't hesitate to do so.

• Id
    IDRISARBOUR Mar 21, 2014

worse company in the IT

Josiph13 Jan 30, 2014

HP RESELLS OLD PARTS IN NEW HARDWARE! We bought a new laptop. It crashed out of the blue. The Event Viewer history went all the way back to 2011. We have someones old hard drive. I didn't find anything unlawful on it, thank goodness. HP sent software for a hardware problem. There is a clause in HP's warranty that allows them to do this. My wife feel it's her fault because she bought it as a christmas gift for me. She's not blame, HP is.

• APPROX 1 MONTH AGO I PURCHASED 2 COMPUTERS VIA THE ONLINE HP WEBSITE. AFTER SEVERAL DISCUSSIONS WAS RECOMMEND BUY HP SALES STAFF TO BUY DIRECT - INSTEAD OF BEST BUY, COSTCO, OFFICE MAKX, ETC. WAS ADVISED BY PHONE SALES STAFF BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE AND OFFERED TO TAKE AN ORDER - STILL SHOPPING ON OPTIONS - THEN WHEN I PLACED THE ORDERED ONLINE - EVERYTHING WENT THROUGH.

NEXT RECIEVED DELAY NOTICE FOR SHIPMENT - WHEN I INQUIRED I WAS ADVISED THAT SINCE I CUSTOMIZED THE UNITS THEY HAD TO BE BUILT OUT... OK STILL NOT UNDERSTANDING THE ALL THE DELAYS UNTIL I RECIEVED A MESSAGE THAT THE UNITS SHIPPED FROM CHINA AND WERE BEING DELAYED A CUSTOMS. - WHEN I INQUIRED I FOUND THAT THE UNITS WERE BEING BUILT OUT IN CHINA AND BEING SENT VIA FEDEX AND SINCE I DID NOT SELECT EXPIDIATED SHIPPING - IT WAS BENG HELD A CUSTOMS FOR CLEARENCE - I ADVISED THE MANAGER OF MY CONCERNS AND THAT IT WAS NOT CLEAR IN THE ORDER PROCESS THAT IT WOULD HAVE TO BE BUILT OUT AND SHIPPED AND ALL THE OTHER DELAYS - IN ADDITION IN A PERVIOUS CALL I THE SALES PERSON GAVE ME DISCIPLINE ACTION ON THE PHONE FOR NOT ORDERING WITH A LIVE PERSON FROM HP SALES HE ADVISED THAT IS HOW THEY MAKE ALIVING ETC. THE FOLLOWING DAY AFTER THOUGHT I DID MAKE A COMPLAINANT AND IT WAS HANDLED PROFESSIONALLY - AND THEN THE MANAGER ON THIS DELAY HANDLE THE SITUATION AND GAVE A $75.00 CREDIT FOR THE DELAYS - I ADVISED THEM THAT AGAIN IT NEED TO BE CLEAR ABOUT THE CUSTOM UNITS

NEXT - IS A BIG SUPRIZE TODAY -

IN THE PROCESS OF INQUIRY ON A PRINTER WITH A SALES PERSON - HE LOOKED AT MY ACCOUNT AND NOTICE I HAD A POSSIBLE ORER PENDING FOR A LAPTOP - HE AN OFFER TO GIVE A $25.OO DISCOUNT TO TAKE THE ORDER AND TALKED ME INTO THE PRINTER - AFTER APPROX 45 MIN PLUS -IT WAS PROCESSED AND MY CC CHARGED.

THE NEXT MORNING I HAD AN EMAIL THAT THE ORDER WAS DECLINED - WHEN I INQUIRED THEY WENT THROUGH THE INTERRORGATION PROCESS ON CONFIRMING THE ADDRESS. WHEN I WAS TOLD THAT IT COULD NOT BE SHIPPED TO THE LOCATION - WHICH WAS A UPS STORE - THE SAME ADDRESS WHERE THE 2 LAPTOPS WERE SHIPPED - KATY WAS QUICKLY TO TELL ME THAT IT WAS A HP POLICY NOT TO SHIP TO THE UPS STORES BECAUSE OF FRAUD AND THAT PARTTIME PEOPLE SIGN FOR COMPUTERS AND WALK OUT THEM AND IT IS A LOST TO HP. I ADVISED HER THAT I UNDERSTOOD THE ISSUE BUT HOW COULD THE OTHER 2 UNITS GET DELIVERED - SHE STATED SHE DID NOT KNOW HOW THEY GOT THROUGH... I ADVISED HERE THIS WAS UNFAIR TO BUSINESS OWNERD WHO USE THE UPS STORE - AND THE SECUIRTY THAT IT OFFERS ESP WHEN THE DELIVERY GROUPS LEAVE AT THE DOOR WITH AN SIG ETC. SHE SAID IT WAS POLUCY AND IADVISED THAT IN THE ORDERING PROCESS IT WAS NOT CLEAR AND THAT I ORDERED FROM A LIVE PERSON - SHE STATED IF I GAVE ANOTHER ADDRESS THAT THEY WOULD SHIP IT OTHERWISE IT WOULD BE CANCELED. AND MY FUNDS WERE ALREADY PULLED

I WAS NOT SATISFIED AND CONTACTED UPS STORE CORP - THE FIRST PERSON TALKED WITH WAS NOT HELPFUL AND DID NOT CARE ABOUT MY CONCERNS AND NEVER HEARD SUCH AN ISSUE AND WAS ADVISING ME TO SEND IT WRITING - I DEMANDED TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR TOOK HER NAME AND FINALLY WAS TRANFERED - THE PERSON I TALKED WITH SHOCKED OF WHAT I TELLING HER - ESP WHEN SHE STATED THAT UPS AND HP HAVE A EXCELLENT RELATIONSHIP - SHE ADVISED ME TO GET THE POLICY IN WRITING AND TO SEND TO UPS STORE - SHE WAS HELPFUL

I CALLED BACK TO HP - SPOKE AGAIN TO A SUPERVISOR WHO WHEN ASKED FOR THE POLICY IN WRITING SHE ADVISED THAT SHE WOULD RESEARCH IT AND GET BACK TO ME - SHE WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO DID QUICKLY AND GAVE ME THE HP POLICY FOR SHPPING ONLINE - IT STATED WILL NOT SHIP TO PRIVATE MAIL BOXES SERVICES - WHICH DID NOT STATE UPS STORES - HOWEVER SHE CLARIFIED THEY WERE PRIVATE AND APOLOGIZED FOR THE ISSUES WHEN I ADVISED HER AGAIN OF THE UPS STORE CORP COMMENTS - THAT IT WAS AN EXCELLENT RELATION SHIP AND AGAIN IT WAS NOT CLEAR - SHE AGAIN ADVISED I HAD OPTIONS ON CONTIUNING WITH THE ORDER.

I THOUGHT ABOUT IT - BIG HP WHO CARES ABOUT THE LITTLE GUY - WHO CARES THAT HE SERVED HOT ZONES FOR THE MILITARY AND USED THEIR EQUIPMENT ( HP ) AND IN THE PAST PURCHASED PERSONAL HP PRODUCTS FOR DEPLOYMENT.. SO LOOKED ON THE INVESTOR HP SITE - LOCATED THE CEO AND MARKTING DIRECTOR AND DID A TWEET CAMPAIGN AND EMAIL - THEN RECIEVED A NOTICE FROM TWITTER ACCOUNT SUSPENDED - DUE TO MY EXCESIVE TWEETS OF THIS INCIDENT - NOT MUCH YOU CAN PUT IN FOR 160 SPACES. I THEN READ THE TWITTER POLICY AND UNDERSTAND THE PROCESS

I THEN CALLED BACK LATER TO HP AND WAS LOOING AT OPTIONS AGAIN AND ADVISED THEM TO CANCEL MY ORDER AND TO REFUND MY CC - THEY ADVISED IT WOULD TAKE UP TO 5 BUSINESS DAYS - I ADVISED THEM IT WAS NOT ME WHO DECLINED THE ORDER AND THE SHIPMENT - THEN I WAS TOLD THAT IN TERMS AND AGREEMENT WHEN I SET UP MY PROFILE THAT I AGREED TO A PRE-AUTH AND SUBJECT TO DECLINE SHIPMENT AND IT COULD TAKE UP TO 5 BUSINESS DAYS TO DROP OFF - I WAS UPSET AND WANTED TO TALK TO THE SUPERVISOR WHO SPOKE WITH AGAIN - I ADVISED HER THAT IT WAS A LIVE ORDER WITH HP PERSON IT WAS STILL IN THE PROFILE PROCESS AND STILL NOT CLEAR THE AGENT THEN REQUESTED THE TELE ON MY CARD TO CALL THE BANK - SHE ADVISED SHE SPOKE TWICE AND THEY COULD NOT TAKE ACTION . I DID THANK HER FOR TRYING BUT STILL WA NOT SURE -

I CONTACTED THE BANK AND THEY ADVISED IF THEY - HP CANCELLED THE ORDER THEY CLEAR THE PRE-AUTH IMMEDIATELY - AND WAS SHOCKED ABOUT THE ABOVE EVENTS AND ADVISED ME THE FUTURE TO CONSIDER OTHER PAYMENT OPTIONS VS GOING THROUGH HP.

SO - EMAILED AGAIN TO THE UPS STORE AND HP INVESTOR - ADVISED THEM OF MY CONCERNS

SO WHAT ARE THE LESSONS LEARNED - DEALING WITH HP
    A - READ THE FINE PRINT ON THE ONLINE AGREEMENT FOR YOUR PROFILE
    B- YOU ARE NOT GETTING A BETTER DEAL WITH THE LIVE AGENTS - HP'S EMAIL RECOMMENDED GOING THROUGH ANOTHER VENDOR - THEY STILL GET THEIR MONEY AND PROFITS
    C - THE SALES AGENTS - SOME ARE MIS LEADING AND DO CONDUCT AN ETHICAL QUESTION ON THEIR VENDORS DO BUY FROM THEM BY DIRECT - BEST BUY, OFFICEMAX AND OTHERS YOU NEED TO LOOK AT THIS
    D -ALL UPS STORES ARE BANNED ALONG WITH PRIVATE MAIL BOX SERVICES
    E - FOR THE AREA OF SITUATIONAL AWARENESS (SAFETY) HP DOES NOT CARE -WHEN YOU USE A PRIVATE SERVICE TO REDUCE YOUR PROFILE AND VULURABILITY ESP WHEN THE DELIVERY SERVICES LEAVE AT THE DOOR OR OUTSIDE ESP DUING PEAK SEASONS
    F - THE HONEST HARD WORKING AMERICAN CITIZEN, VETERAN, WORKING CLASS GIVE BUSINESS TO THE PRIVATE MAIL BOX SERVICES - CREATES JOBS FOR THE COMMUNITY, JOBS FOR THE DELIVERY SERVICES, AND JOBS FOR HP AND OVERSEAS JOBS - WE ARE FORGOTTEN... ALMOST FOR GOT HMM THE BUY DIRECT THING MESS OVER THEIR PARTNERS
    G - THE CEO AND MARKETING DIRE OF HP - APPEARS THEY DO NOT CARE

FYI - PURCHASED A DELL TODAY - AND DID NOT HAVE THE GRIEF -

ALSO SPELL CHECK DID NOT ACTIVATE - SORRY FOR GRAMMER AND SPELLING - I AM RECOVERING STROKE VICTIM THIS WAS HARD TO WRITE AND GO THROUGH THE GRIEF TODAY

• Nk
    nkshrestha May 15, 2013

my laptop need to heat to on in winter season

• Co
    Compaq Presario Feb 28, 2013

I had purchased this compaq presario laptop (Details attached here) for only 21, 000 on the date of March 2011. Only 1 year is completed of its warranty. There was some issue regarding display of my laptop so i deposited it to the service centre. Now they have sent me the bill of more than Rs. 13000.. I purchased HP laptop because i thought it has brand name but now i feel that i made a big mistake and purchased like a chinese product which has no durability. I am a working girl and i use it only in evening when i come back from my office and it has not completed even total 2 years.

Please suggest me what i should do know, Regret to tell you that i am not going to pay such a huge amount for repairing if its actual amount is Rs 21000 only. I would rather prefer to purchase a new laptop of another brand.

Keeping in mind the value of its brand, Quality assurance and good services I believe that this my request would not be unheared and you will be help me out regarding this problem so that in future i will prefer only hp products and would suggest my friends also to purchase your brand only.

Please Help me out, WAITING FOR YOUR PROMPT REPLY.

• Ak
    Akanksha Verma Feb 19, 2013

Sir,
    I have purchased hp pavilion g6 2206 laptop on 12-Nov-2012 and registered for Diwali offer of Nikon cool-pix camera. When I checked the claim status one week ago it was showing that your gift has been delivered and I don't know the receiver . I didn't get any gift yet.
    My redemption code is - 5427347. Sir please tell me what should I do???
    My email-id is [email protected] and number is [protected]

• Ga
    Gaurav Pure Jan 30, 2013

i have bought new laptop of hp pavilion g6 on dtd. 4/11/2012. i am fasing display problem in my laptop since one month. i registred a complaint in firm vide complaint no. [protected]. please resolve the issue as soon as possible and do the needful in this regard.

Thanks

Gaurav Puri
    190-B sethi enclave
    Ambala city
    [protected]

Realtor Pro Jun 30, 2012

I have been a real estate broker for 30+ years and after using HP products for many of those I will never use another HP product as long as I live.Their computers, scanners, copiers, all in one machines are the worst pieces of garbage on the market.They spend most of their money in marketing instead of products and customer service. Their PC's have more problems than I can state here.Ty calling their customer service, you get India, Philippines, South America and they will be glad to remote in to your computer for hours with no success.Their all in one machines- what a joke.The feeders break down after 2-3 months and stop feeding documents.The wireless is a joke and constantly loses connection.I could go on and on but their equipment is crap made from cheap plastic that does not last.If you want your life to be full of added frustration then go out and buy an HP product.

• Di
    dinkledorfer May 20, 2012

Welcome to the HP garbage pile. Search on Youtube.com and you will find a solution to making it work again. It's likely nothing you have done wrong... just very poor quality parts and a bad cooling design.

mahesh0474 Mar 25, 2012

my hp pavilion dv6000 have no display&restarted with in 30 seconds

• Bl
    Bloofe Jan 15, 2012

I purchased a Compaq Mini CQ10 Netbook in May 2010 and since then the system has failed twice, On the first breakdown the warranty service 'repaired' the netbook and within months the same problem has recurred. I believe this must be a fault with the individual netbook or the specific model and I expected with such a high profile company as HP a gracious service and recompense for gross inconvenience and poor quality of the product.

When I e-mailed HP a number of times through the 'contact us' page I received not one reply, it has now been weeks and there is still no communication. I then telephoned your customer service helpline where I was put on hold for well over 25 minutes each time on a chargeable number, only to be put through to argumentative, rude and disobliging staff. After a number of phone calls collection of the netbook was finally arranged, only for the carrier to not turn up, not once but on four occasions.

I have been unable to file a formal complaint and wish to do so immediately. Your website does not provide a suitable complaints department and any attempts at complaint so far have been ignored.

• Oz
    Ozzye Sep 13, 2011

The product is defective. This is the third time this unit is sent back to the Houston Service center for repair. The first time I got it back in 6 or 7 weeks. The second time, I got it back in two days, only to find out they did not replace my motherboard as promised, but replaced the RUBBER FEET at the bottom of my unit. The problem returned as I knew it would, and I have not gotten it back yet. It has been over two months since I contacted HP about this problem. I have just received a call from India saying that I should not expect the unit back until another two additional weeks, at the earliest. The case manager is frequently away from her desk, has NEVER called me back, and apologizes and sighs when I tell her about the problem. I thought she had woken up when I called her. IF she sleeps at her desk, I would not surprised at the very least. Personal attacks aside, HPs customer service is exceptionally ###, I have called countless times, have been transferrred seven or eight times before speaking to someone who "tried" to help me and failed. I bought their extended warranty knowing the unit was faulty, and was told to buy early, and was promised a whole year after my factory warranty expired. I now have one whole month less warranty for the same price. Their customer service reps are rude, incompetent and can barely know you. This is completely ridiculous. I questioned for a repair unit and HP should replace it under the terms of its warranty but continues to disappoint me. More importantly, it is costing me thousands of hours of productivity that I will never get back just as I am beginning to launch my company. This is completely unacceptable for such a large NGO to get away with. HP should step up.

• Bought a laptop for $500 and in 1 week it developed an internal crack in the screen. The laptop was not physically damaged in anyway per inspection and has no other damage at all. This was an HP refurb which the sales guy said was better than not a refurb because they really go through them when they catch a problem at the factory. Obviously the lied and really don't know what they are selling. Anyway they claim the damage is on me and screwed me for $500. Beware of Frys's they conned me so save your money.

• Ro
    rohan62061 Sep 08, 2011

I have HP 4580 all in one printer. The HP74 ink cartridge is not identifying. No customer support is available in Sri Lanka. The re seller rude to the point of annoyance. I was told that since I opened the package, they could not accept it for testing. How the hell am i supposed to install a cartridge with the packing intact, i do not know. I am throwing this stupid printer out and buying a Toshiba. I will not any known party buy any HP product. regards

Rohan

• Fa
    Fatman203 Aug 21, 2011

I had trouble with my C5280 printer...lights flashing, won't work at all.
    I went to the on-iline support. I knew my product was out of warranty, so I paid $20 for tech support only for them to IMMEDIATElY tell me that I had a fatal error and the printer couldn't be fixed. They promptly suggested I buy a new HP printer with all the latest bells and whistles.

They new before thay processed my payment that they could't fix my printer and only after painstakingly trying to understand the Indian support member so HP could could charge me did his English instantly get much clearer.

HP Tech support is a SCAM. If you're not buying a HP laser printer STAY AWAY FROM HP Products. They don't work, they come with all kinds of crappy software that slows down your system and to top it off they'll lie to your face (or in this case over the phone all the way from India).

Another dissappointment of an once great American company gone down the drain. I'm sure the founders are turning in their graves.

• Sh
    Shanthi 2129 Aug 03, 2011

BEWARE of recent promotion from HP (Hewlett Packard). Currently there is promotion called KUNG FU PANDA for certain computers is going on. Sadto say that i get our supplier to order through online for the HP OMNI 100-6110d PC (20") as per advertised in HP website. Our supplier make the order and send me the confirmation, while i going through the confirmation i realised the Spec shown at confirmation is not the same as advertised in their web while the order been place. Immediately i called their customer service and a guy, who does not know courtesy keep arguing with me saying that he can't do anything for that, either i get what as it is or cancel my order and he will charge me the cancellation fees. I asked him to get his manager on line to speak with me yet he did not want to compy at all. Somehow my supplier put up a official complaint to the manager and till today, already 3 days no one call or reply our email. I thought the customer service support guy was terrible, now even confirmed that the whole department is worst. I'm really surprise that HP Malaysia does not have a complaint forum. Now i know why my friends told me to get ACER simply because their service centre is everywhere and i can direct go to the centre. I will just wait for another 2 days, if there's no reply from HP i'm going to complain in the PRESS so to let everyone know be careful of all this promotion from HP because company like HP can do this. OMG.

cherrie01 Jul 21, 2011

I have a HP laptop which has been repaired for faulty screen once and now the thing over heats and the vga output burnt my daughters legs through the over heating problem. its been 6 weeks now and HP have been soooo rude and i am appaulled at the way we have treated i am still awaiting a phone call from their legal department as their product is lethal i am seeking legal action against HP as my laptop is under warranty but they do not honour their warranties and obviously their products are a sham as my laptop is the biggest load of crap ever called a laptop. I was told by hp that my laptop should be place on a desk which is well ventilated as the machine is not for sitting on your ' LAP ' so why is it called a LAPTOP!!!
    I cannot see hp responding back to myself now as i sent photos of the burn mark on my daughters legs in the shape of their vga output port on the side of the laptop. Everyone should contact trading standards to have this company brought to account for its actions

• Sh
    Sharkey145 Jul 19, 2011

I have a hp LaserJet that developed a fault it was out of warranty so paid for a repair £500 its now 4 months down the line and 2 engineer’s later still have not resolved the problem which is a broken cog...there customer support is a joke.

• Pe
    Pedro-pecker Jul 12, 2011

HP bunch of IDIOTS, repair centre a JOKE all in all H ighly P athetic
    I took the trouble to write down the problem i was having Screen goes blank for about 5 seconds ! there comment on the repair form was "replace main board NO POST" UUUM
    another time same fault the comment was "replace cpu overheating"
    each time i got it back the fault was still there or worse!!

• Rk
    rkshpanchal Jul 03, 2011

i had purchased a hp pavilion dv6000 series laptop in 2009 . warranty over.but now i have a very serious problem with that .the display of my laptop not working a black screen only.all the lights working but screen completely black.when i connect my laptop with some another external display .display is working.when i try to search solution of this problem on net.i found many of user of this series affecting with same problem...this is my first experience with hp it is very bad...i really want to say no to hp...i want that hp solve my problem at free of cost and ensure me that the problem not repeat in future ...please help me out if i will pay a lot for this problem its very expensive laptop for me...and no buddy believe on hp services
    Product number (P/N): kb177pa#acj

Serial number (S/N): cnf804175k..if the product of hp failure in 2 year after purchase means hp is not reliable so think before to purchase

norrisrs Mar 25, 2011

I purchased a Pavillion Desk top just over a year ago. After 6 months of useage, I began having trouble connecting to the internet. After 12 hours of dealing with tech support (which is a joke) I was told they had to send out a tech. This was a $45.00 charge and resulted in no help whatsoever. Called tech support back and had to return to factory to replace mother board. After receiving back and about 2 months later, same problem. Called tech support, had me walk through a ton of steps and they ended up crashing my computer and destroying operating system. Had to order recovery discs ($29.00) and when they arrived they were incorrect. Had to call tech support again and they resent recovery discs. After maybe 6 days of warranty expiration, no internet connection (same problem have had since 6 months after purchase). Asked why they could not provide me with a new computer considering all the trouble I have had and was told not possible and now no warranty. BEWARE OF HP. I would never recommend their products to anyone. These people are thiefs and somehow they should be stopped.

• Mi
    Milbrooke Mar 21, 2011

I bought an HP LJ 1000 printer and from the start the printer shows error that if we give 10 pages print after the first 3-4 pages the print gets faded one by one and at last comes blank sheet.

I talked to the HP service center about this error and for the last whole 5 months am running behind this problem.

Still the error continues. I never expected such an irresponsible attitude towards a customer from a company like HP. Now am planning to move legally against the HP and they forced me to think about another brand laser printer.

Also, I never go for any HP products because of their irresponsible attitude towards the customer and making a fool of the customer.

They gave me advice including changing our computer which is connected to the printer, change the toner cartridge, change the paper, change the power supply, and so on. I have been in the computer industry for the last 12 years.

• Ju
    Julian Mar 15, 2011

Since buying the computer I have had many software problems with the software that was supplied with the computer. The software is also HP -- not a third party.

If you get in touch with an HP tech and can understand them, you find they are unqualified. Generally they will do VERY BASIC fixes then ask you to do a full system restore wiping out many programs and files stored on your computer. After doing this 2, 10, or 20 times and if you still have a problem, it is considered a software problem that IS NOT COVERED in the 1 year 24/7 tech support.

That is the case even if there is no third party software installed and it is clearly an HP software program that is in question.

HP then will ask for $59.99 for 1 hour to talk to an HP software tech (i.e. a real tech) even though your product is clearly covered in the printed warranty. They claim there may be a refund option if it is an HP software defect, but will not guarantee it.

If this was known up front I would have never bought it. Talk about bait and switch.

The bottom line seems to be HP's 24/7 support only qualifies for hardware related issues as stated by HP. If it is software-related, there is a charge of $59.99 an hour even if it is HP supplied software with no 3rd party software added.

I have set the wheels in motion for a class action lawsuit on warranty fraud. Beware... Boycott HP!

• Pd
    P.D.Munshi Mar 09, 2011

We have purchased the HP Compaq Presario CQ42-176TU notebook having S.No. CHF0131YGC in last week of May 2010 from Vijay Sales Borivali (W). The laptop started giving problem from Nov.2010 and stopped functioning from Dec.2010. There was no support from the dealer M/S Vijay Sales. We have given the laptop three times to HP authorised service centre at the Dadar (W). It is noticed that they repairs the laptop and ask us to collect. But we noticed that after the collection, within few days again it stopped functioning. This is already happened three times. We have requested the company for replacement with extended guarantee and damages charges but even after repeated emails there is no positive response. The company refused to replace the defective laptop. We spent lot of time and money for travelling and settlement of the matter. In addition we are not able to use laptop since last three months eventhough we paid full amount.

• Oc
    ocyr de l monteiro jr Feb 20, 2011

Em dezembro de 2010 coloquei um Desktop da HP, que estava na garantia, para conserto. Até hoje ( 19 de fevereiro de 2011) não obtive nenhuma informação, tive que ligar a duas semanas atrás e me disseram para aguardar mais 20 dias úteis. CONCLUSÃO: NUNCA MAIS VOU COMPRAR UM PRODUTO HP!!! Nem com 10 anos de garantia. A falta de respeito com o cliente é uma marca registrada nos dias de hoje. LAMENTAVELMENTE A MARCA QUE ASSOCIO A HP.

NO NAME TO GIVE Feb 15, 2011

Today is Feb 15, 2011 - Purchased a HP Pavilion PC Oct 2009 and within the warranty period it has gone through 2 motherboards. The computer again began to freeze with a blue screen. I contacted HP support and the tech I was assigned would not assist me unless I purchased a $100.00 1 yr warranty extension. I don't even know why I bothered to inform them the PC is on its third motherboard and HP needs to step up and take care of the problem. The tech's response was if you purchase the extended warranty which will cover HP's Tech Support we can begin to diagnose the problem. TERIBBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! TERIBBLE PRODUCT!!! I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER HP PRODUCT...looks like I will be purchasing MAC's from now on!!!

• Ha
    happycampernot Feb 13, 2011

After spending time with HP support regarding a computer (out of warranty by days) I am sending in for repair I checked the charges on my banking info. They had charged me twice. I phoned them, spent over an hour and got nowhere. I called my bank who can't do anything unless HP is also on the phone to say it was an error and to refund it. $350.00 may not be much for some, but the double charge and HP doing nothing to correct the error today only cements my resolve to never purchase HP products again. BEWARE

just written an email to PH (31.01.11):

Judging by the way I've been treated by your incompetent staff the past 2 and a half weeks I am sure you won't be interested but here is just one of the many, many, many sites I found by a simple google search. One example, HP — want a result.

I bought a touchsmart just over a month ago. The box was opened 34 days ago (Christmas Day, to be precise). After 16 days the motherboard went (as I know understand must be a known fault to you, because it seems to be by the general public) and as of today's date, has been in your possession for 18 days.

When it finally, if ever, comes back, it is going straight back to the retailer for a full refund. I will never buy anything HP again. I will go to great lengths to warn others before they befall a similar fate. Sure, their PC might not develop the same fault, who can say, but god forbid, I would not want my worst enemy to have to risk dealing with HP customer service.

Have some self respect. Google your name and see what comes up. Have a stiff drink at hand, you'll need it. Unless of course, you are proud of the company and department you represent.

Yours faithfully, but totally and completely unloyaly

voteswithpurse Jan 31, 2011

when i added the pic to my comment i didnt notice until too late that it went back to neutral...

voteswithpurse Jan 31, 2011

i had my touchsmart for 16 days before the motherboard went. it was collected from me by an incompetant courier 18 days ago. i have spent something in the region of a total of 5 hours on the phone to various [censor]s and monkeys during that 18 days, being lied to, laughed at, spoken to like an idiot, cut off - you name it, barring literally pissing on me they have ticked every single box of bad customer service and then some. and still they have no ETA on when this motherboard is coming in from some distant galaxy (it must be because it can't be earth). i'm throwing in the towel. as i've "owned" this thing now for just 34 days i am still within warranty for a total refund and therefore it is going back to the retailer. if i ever get it back...

• He
    Herrmaddog Jan 29, 2011

Join the club. Took me seven months, four "supervisors" (most of whom actually spoke english), three case numbers (they kept ceasing to exist somehow), countless hours on the phone, and several swearing rants before I got my laptop screen fixed. It showed up with and incredibly narrow viewing angle. If you were even the slightest bit high or low, you could not read most of the screen. I wish I had kept a log of all the time I wasted. I will NEVER buy ANYTHING from HP again unless I am buying it in order to smash it to bits.
    Compensation !! AHAHAHAHAHA " We do not use the word Compensation". I spent over $2100 for nothing but misery. At this point, I view the laptop as a nightmare waiting to get into gear again. If anything every goes wrong with it again, I am just going to mail it back to them.

marko121 Jan 07, 2011

i got a compaq notebook, which hp have picked and fixwd 3 times and am still getting the same promlem,
    when i asked them i was happy with it and i wanted a replacement, they told me they cant do that, even doh it state it below, i have spent over 5 hours trying to tell them this but they are playing dum i need help can any give me advice plz

During the Limited Warranty Period, HP will, at its discretion, repair or replace any defective component. All
    component parts or hardware products removed under this Limited Warranty become the property of HP. In
    the unlikely event that your HP Hardware Product has recurring failures, HP, at its sole discretion, may elect
    to provide you with (a) a replacement unit of HP’s choosing that is the same or equivalent to your HP
    Hardware Product in performance or (b) to give you a refund of your purchase price or lease payments (less
    interest) instead of a replacement. This is your exclusive remedy for defective products.