Hotels.comunable to use credit notes

W Nov 05, 2018

In September 2017 I was issued 2 credit notes of CAD$100.00 each for a mistake that Hotels.com made (that impacted 2 bookings):

1) "In reference to your booking confirmation [protected] we're offering you a Hotels.com credit coupon for CAD100, which can be redeemed on your next pre-paid Hotels.com booking. Your coupon code is GWCL8TNYUW"
2) "In reference to your booking confirmation [protected] we're offering you a Hotels.com credit coupon for CAD100, which can be redeemed on your next pre-paid Hotels.com booking. Your coupon code is GWCTMU8YZT"

I was out of town for work for a year and in that time, the credit notes had expired. I contacted Hotels.com and spoke to Jesse - a manager at the company - to have the credit notes re-issued and was told that 'they were issued on goodwill and once they have expired, they are not able to be re-issued'.
The credits were issued for a mistake that the company made that caused a huge inconvenience for us while we were out of town, so they weren't originally issued 'on goodwill' and while it states in the email that the codes have an expiry date, it doesn't say anywhere in the email or in the disclaimers in the bottom, that they can't be re-issued.